PDA

View Full Version : deleted scenes in dvd?

jlw
09-09-2004, 08:08 PM
ok I'm sure someone has already posted this; but I have not been keeping up. Are the deleted scenes from the OT Trilogy gonna be on the dvd? like the whole Biggs/Luke scenes from ANH or Lando pulling Luke into the Falcon in ESB; or the sandstorm scene in ROTJ.

Imperial Monarche
09-09-2004, 08:51 PM
So far, according to the reports of the stuff on the DVD- be it official, unofficial or rumor- there has been nothing said about the deleted scenes included, which kinda sucks because everyone knows they will be saved for the inevitable future release, which will probably be as a six saga set and more changes will probably be done still. But, one thing that I'm thinking, what if the deleted scenes are included in an easter egg or secret hidden within the DVD. So far, each of the Star Wars DVD's have included a hidden blooper reel. What if they decide to put the deleted scenes hidden in the DVD because I doubt there is goofy footage that would warrent a blooper reel (although, that would be well worth a substitute for the deleted scenes).

Kidhuman
09-09-2004, 09:14 PM
If they do put a deleted scene thing on the DVD, will they put Sebastian on there?

JediTricks
09-09-2004, 10:53 PM
From everything I've read, there are no additional scenes integrated into the film. (Unless you count the swapping of Emperor holograms in ESB and the celebration on Naboo in ROTJ, but they're all-new footage)

As for the bonus stuff, I haven't heard of 'em.

JEDIpartner
09-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Check out the article on the Digital Bits website. It's quite an extensive overview of the DVDs.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Check out the article on the Digital Bits website. It's quite an extensive overview of the DVDs.

Yeah, it mentions some still pictures of deleted scenes on the bonus disc, like one with Luke and Biggs on Tatooine.

scruffziller
09-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Yeah, it mentions some still pictures of deleted scenes on the bonus disc, like one with Luke and Biggs on Tatooine.
Sounds too good to be true.

El Chuxter
09-10-2004, 02:34 PM
thedigitalbits.com confirmed there will not be deleted scenes on the DVD. However, they speculate (based upon a comment regarding a massive 2007 boxed set of the entire series that I believe is the Archival Editions we've been hearing about) that they will be included on that release.

My recommendation is to see if you can track down a copy of the Behind the Magic CD-ROM from about 10 years ago. It has the Anchorhead scene, the original Cantina scene, and some other goodies that make it well worth the effort it will no doubt take to find it.