View Full Version : Naboo Final Combat Packaged

SirSteve
09-10-2004, 10:19 AM
Take a look at the Naboo Final Combat packaged:

http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=30584

What do you think of this set?

El Chuxter
09-10-2004, 10:31 AM
I'll definitely be getting it, assuming TRU doesn't have a bajillion of those stupid Endor sets clogging the shelves and keeping them from ordering. The improved Kaadu and articulated Tarpals is almost worth the price alone, and the others are all cool army builders.

Nice job, Hasbro! :cool:

Kidhuman
09-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Meh, I think the Endor set is better. ALthough I do want the Kaadu

dindae
09-10-2004, 12:58 PM
I think it is a great set. Army builders and new sculpts that is the way the sets should be.

LTBasker
09-10-2004, 01:03 PM
I may get it, it's tons better than the Endor, Jedi and Sarlacc set. I still need to pick up the earlier Imperial, Hoth and Bounty Hunter sets though. I wonder why they put an OTC logo inside the box?...

As said by someone else, Tarpals and the Kaadu with feathers make this set worth $20 alone. This is what should've been released May 3rd instead of Jar-Jar with Kaadu. We actually had to wait a half decade to get the right one made...unbelievable.

JEDIpartner
09-10-2004, 01:09 PM
I think your "OTC Logo" is actually one of those little catalogues in a baggie taped to the inside of the box.

kool-aid killer
09-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Thats the coolest box set ive seen so far. Three army builders in one, too good. Im grabbing this one once i see it. Plus it comes with Tarpals and a Kaadu he can actually ride! Thanks for the pics Sirsteve.

Hellboy
09-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Yeah this is a great set, much better than the last 3 and probably the best overall so far. Every figure is useful to me instead of just 1 or 2 of them. I might even pick up 2.

Hopefully Hasbro will see the demand for army builder sets with the success of this Naboo pack.

Ji'dai
09-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Can't really get too excited about prequel figures, but I agree, army builder figure sets offer a greater value than main character re-releases.

JediTricks
09-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Going with the crowd, not excited, but this one at least looks do-able.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-11-2004, 11:53 AM
I really like this one. It has a better new Kaadu, a re-tooled Tarpals (the old pics showed the 99 one) and a hard-to-fing Royal Guard, plus a Battle Droid, of which you can never have too many. Hopefully Hasbro will make more like this in the future.

Turbowars
09-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Looks like crap! Just like the last few. Come on, at least put one new figure in there Hasbro! The new Astros were great in the 1st 2, so get your act together.

Hellboy
09-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Looks like crap! Just like the last few. Come on, at least put one new figure in there Hasbro! The new Astros were great in the 1st 2, so get your act together.

I see your point but I disagree. I'd rather see the new figures come out as single carded offerings. I didn't like having to spend $20 for the DS and Hoth sets when the only thing I was interested in was the new Astro droids. I think using these 4-packs to accomodate army builders and maybe give collectors a second chance at getting a previously hard to find figure like the Naboo Royal Guard is the way to go.

Slicker
09-11-2004, 03:19 PM
With all of these 3 and 4 packs coming out the one that Hasbro hasn't made yet is a 3 pack of Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and Darth Maul in the Theed Hangar. I know that we need another Darth Maul like we need more Aurra Sing figures but its quite possibly the most obvious 3 pack they haven't made yet.

Turbowars
09-11-2004, 03:31 PM
I see your point but I disagree. I'd rather see the new figures come out as single carded offerings. I didn't like having to spend $20 for the DS and Hoth sets when the only thing I was interested in was the new Astro droids. I think using these 4-packs to accomodate army builders and maybe give collectors a second chance at getting a previously hard to find figure like the Naboo Royal Guard is the way to go. Yeah, but there's many that don't feel as you do. That's why TRU is over loaded with these 4 packs. Around here the death star 4 pack never warmed any shelves. The later ones sit and sit. If there were 1 new or maybe a great pack-in, people might be more interested in the sets. I think it would be in Hasbro's best interest if they didn't straight rehash these figures. I mean the Endor one really blew and in if in is the only way to get the new astro, well it's better than not getting them at all.

plasticfetish
09-11-2004, 11:30 PM
Around here the death star 4 pack never warmed any shelves. The later ones sit and sit.You're right about the DS set doing pretty well, but in my area all of them besides that Jedi set have done really well. All of the endor sets that I'd just seen at TRU are gone now -- I'm sure this Naboo set will sel out also.

JediTricks
09-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Anybody know if the Kaadu is going to have poseable legs or is it still gonna have the stupid running leg gimmick that the original had?

Devo
09-13-2004, 08:56 AM
i don't have wicket or logray so if I find the endor set I'll probably get it. I was going to get the skiff set but I found the Skiff guard cinema scene recently and also Leia with sail barge cannon - both of which I missed first time around. My store for some reason has been getting in a heck of a lot of backlog stuff lately including the Episode I pit droid 2 pack which I understand was hard to find. Although I didn't buy it as I now boycott prequel toys. And therefore I wouldn't buy this Naboo set despite the inclusion of a naboo guard, gungan warrior and the new kaadu.