PDA

View Full Version : Which NFL team is your favorite?

Hellboy
09-12-2004, 03:38 AM
Now that the 2004 NFL season is officially underway I'd like to know which team you follow and consider yourself a fan of. Make a few predictions if you like too. Such as, what do you think their regular season record will be, will they make the playoffs and if so will they win their division? It might be fun to check back at the end of the season to see if anybody's predictions were correct.

My team is the Seattle Seahawks

Predictions:
-Regular season record: 12-4
-They will make the playoffs
-They will win the NFC West division
-They will win their first playoff game in 20 yrs. :they currently hold the NFL record for most consecutive years without a playoff victory.

Obviously I have high hopes for my team this year. Granted I'm sure I say that at the beginning of every season but I really feel this could be a breakout year for the Seahawks. I won't go as far as saying they're going to the Super Bowl but we'll see, they certainly have the talent.

Bobby Fett
09-12-2004, 08:06 AM
Now that the 2004 NFL season is officially underway I'd like to know which team you follow and consider yourself a fan of. Make a few predictions if you like too. Such as, what do you think their regular season record will be, will they make the playoffs and if so will they win their division? It might be fun to check back at the end of the season to see if anybody's predictions were correct.

My team is the Seattle Seahawks

Predictions:
-Regular season record: 12-4
-They will make the playoffs
-They will win the NFC West division
-They will win their first playoff game in 20 yrs. :they currently hold the NFL record for most consecutive years without a playoff victory.

Obviously I have high hopes for my team this year. Granted I'm sure I say that at the beginning of every season but I really feel this could be a breakout year for the Seahawks. I won't go as far as saying they're going to the Super Bowl but we'll see, they certainly have the talent.

Ditto, except I think they'll go 11-5.

GO SEAHAWKS

Bel-Cam Jos
09-12-2004, 09:29 AM
My sports loyalties lie in the Steel City, for football a.k.a. Blitzburgh, but found on maps, atlases, and globes as Pittsburgh, PA. Nestled at the confluence of the two rivers that join to form the mighty Ohio River, the Monongahela and the Allegheny, Pittsburgh began as...

Sorry. You just want a team, not a history lesson. Could they soon be known as the FIVE-time Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers? Who knows?

However, I am from eastern Ohio, so a little of my heart resides with Cleveland. I can root for them occasionally, as long as it does not hinder the playoff path of the Iron City crew. But their uniforms; ugh! :bored:

Oddly enough, I have been a closet Seahawks fan for two weird reasons: one, Steve Largent was always one of my favorite receivers in the 80s; and two, because I got a Seahawks bath robe as a kid. :confused:

But, go Steelers!

Slicker
09-12-2004, 04:45 PM
My team is the Seattle SeahawksWhen I read this it made me laugh because my mom love the Seahawks not because they're a good team but because they have the "prettiest colors".

And now for the laughs from the peanut gallery because my team is the Detroit Lions (pause waiting for the ruckus laughter to die down). I'm from Michigan so you have to go for the home team no matter how bad they suck and who knows today they just ended there 24 game road losing streak. Super Bowl here we come.

mrpauldeeds
09-12-2004, 05:53 PM
DA Bears!! Ive liked them since i was 6. and i was born the year they won the superbowl and i have lots of family in chicago. im a true fan, not a bandwagoner;)

2004 Record prediction: 9-7
no playoffs

since this is about football anyways, give superbowl predictions and dark horses///

My Dark Horse's: Chicago Bears, Pittsburgh Steelers, Washington Redskins

Superbowl: Seahawks vs. Ravens

Seahawks win 7-3

Rocketboy
09-12-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm from Michigan so you have to go for the home team no matter how bad they suck and who knows today they just ended there 24 game road losing streak.I was about to say pretty much the same thing. They did come a little close to blowing though today (surprise).

Super Bowl here we come.Well the Super Bowl is in Detroit in '06, so yeah, they'll probably get some tickets. :D

Bobby Fett
09-12-2004, 11:13 PM
And now for the laughs from the peanut gallery because my team is the Detroit Lions (pause waiting for the ruckus laughter to die down).

Congrats on breaking the losing streak! :)

After all we've been through, Hellboy and I won't be laughing at you.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-12-2004, 11:15 PM
My allegiances lay with my hometown team, the Buffalo Bills.

For a small market team, I think the Bills have been blessed with great football in my lifetime (prior to, they stank pretty bad). Of course, you might remember the stretch of 4 straight Super Bowl appearances back in the early 90's (Why Lord couldn't we win just one of them? :cry: ) and we've had some competitive teams after.

Currently, the Bills are failing expectations. They shipped in Drew Bledsoe two years ago, and he has showed flashes of brilliance couple with streaks of futility. He has a highly immobile quarterback, and can't handle pressure very well, and would benefit from a strong offensive line, but the team has addressed seemingly every other need, except this one. This hurts because Bledsoe looks like a deer caught in the headlights, when he can't find anyone to throw to, and a defensive player is coming right at him.

BTW, once there was a score, the Bills lead for every second of today's game versus Jacksonville (with the exception of the last :frus: )

mericen
09-13-2004, 11:56 AM
My favorite team is the Tennesee Titans even though I am from central Ohio. I have always liked the team since they were the Houston Oilers. I do also like the Cleveland Browns but they are my second favorite. I think Tennesee will finish 12-4 and go to the Super Bowl and play either Carolina or Seattle.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-13-2004, 09:35 PM
since this is about football anyways, give superbowl predictions and dark horses///

My Dark Horse's: Chicago Bears, Pittsburgh Steelers, Washington Redskins

Superbowl: Seahawks vs. Ravens

Seahawks win 7-3
Thanks for the Pitt props, MrPD! By the way, if those two teams make it to the SB, I think that the over/under will be 7. :p

My prediction? Steelers go 19-0.
My prediction while not using medication? Steelers go 9-7, win one playoff game.
My serious Super Bowl prediction? While I'd like to send my Iron City fellas, I just can't see it, so I'll go with Minnesota vs. Kansas City in a Super Bowl IV rematch. :eek: Same result, however. :bored:

Hellboy
09-13-2004, 10:02 PM
I may as well make an AFC/NFC Championship game and Super Bowl prediction.

AFC Championship:
New England Patriots vs. Denver Broncos
Winner= New England Patriots

NFC Championship:
Minnesota Vikings vs. Seattle Seahawks
Winner= Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl:
New England Patriots vs. Seattle Seahawks
Winner= New England Patriots :cry:

OK I did it. Now that I've jinxed my team they won't go but at least I didn't pick them to win. :nerv:

Bobby Fett
09-13-2004, 10:37 PM
I may as well make an AFC/NFC Championship game and Super Bowl prediction. ...

Super Bowl:
New England Patriots vs. Seattle Seahawks
Winner= New England Patriots :cry:

OK I did it. Now that I've jinxed my team they won't go but at least I didn't pick them to win. :nerv:

Thanks, pal! ;)

QLD
09-16-2004, 03:38 AM
I am an Atlanta Falcons fan, and have been my whole life. Since I am from Atlanta, I feel it's my duty.

We had a few bright spots (1980, 1991, 1998, 2002), but mostly we have been dreadful over the years.

Obviously, Vick is the talk of the NFL. I love the guy, but I'm not ready to hand over the key to the city yet. I think we have the potential to be a strong playoff team this year, but also the potential to be a .500 team as well.

kool-aid killer
09-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Im a die hard Chicago Bears fan. Through thick and thin, the only game i ever want to go see is the Bears. Its somewhat difficult to find merchandise here in Omaha, this city seems to be staunchly Kansas City Chumps and Green Cheese Packers fan base.

So far Da Bears are 1-1, opening the season with a four point loss to Detroit and winning today at Greenbay by 11. Im hoping this year they can put together some winning streaks during the start, middle, and end of the season as opposed to their usual late season start.

GO BEARS!!!

scruffziller
09-20-2004, 06:49 AM
Im a die hard Chicago Bears fan. Through thick and thin, the only game i ever want to go see is the Bears. Its somewhat difficult to find merchandise here in Omaha, this city seems to be staunchly Kansas City Chumps and Green Cheese Packers fan base.

So far Da Bears are 1-1, opening the season with a four point loss to Detroit and winning today at Greenbay by 11. Im hoping this year they can put together some winning streaks during the start, middle, and end of the season as opposed to their usual late season start.

GO BEARS!!!
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

THEY BEAT GREEN BAY
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lovie Smith is doing a great job.

My mom's family is from Chicago so I have been a loyal fan through thick and thin as well. My grandfather would get season tickets every year back in the old days in the 50s and 60s when they still played at Wrigley Field.

James Boba Fettfield
09-20-2004, 10:26 AM
It's the Giants. LT made me believer many years ago; a believer in the football team, but not a believer in the crack cocaine thing.

mm74md
09-20-2004, 01:11 PM
Steelers fan. If you are born in Western PA, then you bleed Black & Gold. I am a true fan and I'll be honest...I'll be happy if we win 8 games this year. Last week I would have said 10 game winner. But after that horrible performance against the Crows I seeing 7-9 or at best 8-8. I say bye bye Tommy, hello Ben. Big Ben should start next week against Miami!

Superbowl? I would love to see Vikings vs. Colts. But I don't think anybody is beating New England this year. 17 in a row? That's sick!!!!

Deoxyribonucleic
09-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Dallas Cowboys! With an added bonus of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders :Ogre:

;)

JON9000
09-20-2004, 10:18 PM
Dallas Cowboys! With an added bonus of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders :Ogre:

;)

I heard Testeverde literally means "to flirt with disaster" :eek:

Hellboy
09-20-2004, 11:57 PM
It's the Giants. LT made me believer many years ago; a believer in the football team, but not a believer in the crack cocaine thing.

Welcome back Fettfield!! :D

LT made me a believer that even a game as solid as Tecmo Bowl for the NES was unbalanced. ;)

Darth Shifty
10-06-2004, 05:14 PM
My favorite team is the one, the only...Denver Broncos!

Team looks decent this year, but it might be a season or two for our next Super Bowl victory. :D The playoffs look to be in this season's future though. I can see the Broncs with a 12-4 season, but losing to New England in the AFC Championship game. BUT! the Eagles will take the Super Bowl by one point in the final seconds of the game! :evil:

DarthQuack
10-06-2004, 07:44 PM
The NY Giants are the team for me. I am still very skeptical of this team this year even being 3-1, I feel if they can beat Dallas and Detroit going into Minnesota, they should do alright.

Hellboy
10-12-2004, 06:19 PM
After all we've been through

Just when you think our team's string of bad luck had ended eh Bobby Fett. Last Sunday felt like a bad dream and actually bothered me more than last years loss to Green Bay in the playoffs. :cry:

I sooo hate the Rams. :frus:

kool-aid killer
10-13-2004, 12:05 PM
The Bears are off to their typical start of futility. *Sigh* It really gets old too. But at least we have the memory of them beating the Green Cheese Packers at their home to keep a slight smile on our face throughtout another disappointing year.

megaprime33
10-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Patriots Baby!

Bobby Fett
10-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Just when you think our team's string of bad luck had ended eh Bobby Fett. Last Sunday felt like a bad dream and actually bothered me more than last years loss to Green Bay in the playoffs. :cry:

I sooo hate the Rams. :frus:

You think YOU hate the Rams? I live only 100 miles from their stadium. EVERYTHING around here is Rams this, Rams that. Heck, the dealer's logo on the back of my car even has a Rams helmet on it. :( But the old Ranger is SEAHAWKS blue! :)

Hellboy
10-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Patriots Baby!

Are going down this weekend! :p

Heck, the dealer's logo on the back of my car even has a Rams helmet on it. :(

Oh man thats harsh. If that was my ride I don't think that little gem would last very long.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-16-2004, 09:14 AM
This will be a test weekend for my Steelers. Dallas at the Big D should determine just what kind of team we are. If we end up 5-1 by game's end, break out those Terrible Towels!

Bobby Fett
10-25-2004, 07:20 PM
According to the latest rumors, at the end of this season the Seahawks will be moving to the Philippines, where they'll be known as the "Manila Folders." :frus:

El Chuxter
10-26-2004, 11:58 AM
I've always liked the Cowboys, because as a little kid I thought their helmets were the coolest. :)

Exhaust Port
10-26-2004, 12:17 PM
I lost interest in pro football after Art moved the Browns out of town but I just started getting interested again this season. Of course I can't devote too much attention to pro football as college ball keeps me quite entertained. So I put my support in the NFL behind the Browns. :)

bobafrett
10-26-2004, 01:45 PM
I'm a Bears fan, but this year it is so hard to watch them after the injury to Rex Grossman. At least he made the games fun to watch even if they didn't win. I did get to go with a friend to the Bears Redskins game. The only highlight was the interception returned for a touchdown, that and I got my Drivers license signed by old # 82 Wendall Davis. He as there for the organ donor drive.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-08-2004, 07:50 AM
As a cautiously optimistic (read: apprehensive) Steelers fan, I'm always quick to reserve my judgment over their record. But recently, they've taken on the best at the time, and whooped 'em. 6-0 New England? Handled them well. 7-0 Philly? Took care of business. Granted, they were both at home, but still. Now we head to Cleveland.

Could THIS be the year? I might be taking my Terrible Towel off the wall and warming up my arm to resume waving it around... :classic:

Hellboy
11-08-2004, 03:21 PM
I've gotta admit I didn't anticipate the Steelers doing much of anything this year. I'm actually really impressed with what I've seen so far, not only with Ben Rothlesberger (sp?) but how well the team as a whole is playing. Not sure if I'd take them over the Patriots to make it to the Super Bowl but they sure do seem to have something good going. Time will tell if they can keep it together as the season progresses but I'd say they're definitely a playoff contender. It was fun watching the Eagles fall apart yesterday too. Terrell Owens let his true colors shine through once more. :p

kool-aid killer
11-15-2004, 10:41 AM
Da Bears are on a three game winning streak, watch out Manning youre next! I think the Bears can take them, sure our offense is inconsistent but our D is playing good ball. Im glad to see da Bears string together some wins in the midseason too. Now if only the networks would air their games in my neck of the woods, i get stuck watching the KC Chumps and Cheese Packers every frickin weekend. :mad:

James Boba Fettfield
11-15-2004, 10:56 AM
And they're being QB'ed by the beloved Buckeye, Krenzel.

Winning with ugly games and defense prevailing for the wins, just like what happened at Ohio State. Here I thought Krenzel would just fall out of the NFL and he'd pursue something with that great degree of his. Hopefully he finds a place somewhere in the NFL.

jjreason
11-25-2004, 06:15 PM
Yet another Bears fan here. The classic Unis being worn today are just fantastic, I hope they'll make a McFarlane Sportspick of McQuarters wearing it, I'd buy him up for sure.

Slicker
11-25-2004, 06:24 PM
Woohoo! How bout those Lions. Did you watch that game, they almost pulled that one out in the end didn't they.

Rocketboy
11-25-2004, 09:54 PM
Woohoo! How bout those Lions. Did you watch that game, they almost pulled that one out in the end didn't they.Is that a hint of sacrasm I detect?
:D

Ahh the Lions. So reliable...

jjreason
11-26-2004, 06:15 AM
More great retro unis on the Lions though, regardless of their inability to defend the pass. I still remember the first time I saw them wearing those on Thanksgiving - back in 1994 when Chris Spielman returned an interception for a touchdown in overtime to beat the nigh-untouchable Packers. The Lions, for the most part, are a lock on Thanksgiving. Not this year. :(

kool-aid killer
11-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Yet another Bears fan here. The classic Unis being worn today are just fantastic, I hope they'll make a McFarlane Sportspick of McQuarters wearing it, I'd buy him up for sure.

I didnt mind the jerseys either. I wasnt able to catch all the game (had to go eat at the grandmothers) but from what i could tell Da Bears were going to drop it due to Dallas driving on them again. Oh well, at least i got to see them on the tube, which is almost as rare as them winning. :(

Slicker
12-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Once again the Lions blew the game in the second half. Harringtons an F-ing bum and they need to get rid of him. Kevin Jones is playing fantastically which means that Detroit will no doubt trade him at the end of the season because they refuse to keep good players for some reason.:rolleyes:

And just to restate it I'm going with my prediction of a Super Bowl in Detroit in 2006. I'll bet a trillion dollars.;)

Bobby Fett
12-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Once again the Seahawks are atop the NFC Worst, er West. ;)

Slicker
12-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Like I wrote before my mom likes the Seahawks because they have pretty colors. Tee hee!!!!:D

Rocketboy
12-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Once again the Lions blew the game in the second half. Harringtons an F-ing bum and they need to get rid of him. Kevin Jones is playing fantastically which means that Detroit will no doubt trade him at the end of the season because they refuse to keep good players for some reason.:rolleyes:BIG surprise...I think Harrington was throwing to some tiny little player on the ground 'cause his passes weren't anywhere near any Lions hands.

And just to restate it I'm going with my prediction of a Super Bowl in Detroit in 2006. I'll bet a trillion dollars.;)Gee, wonder why...
If you had said "Lions to play in the 2006 Super Bowl" you'd have a bet.
The only way the Lions are going is if they buy tickets.

Bobby Fett
12-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Like I wrote before my mom likes the Seahawks because they have pretty colors. Tee hee!!!!:D

You mom has good taste! :D

Slicker
12-13-2004, 10:20 PM
You mom has good taste! :D That all depends on how you cook her.lol

Bobby Fett
12-13-2004, 10:50 PM
That all depends on how you cook her.lol

Okay, okay... I surrender! lol

Rocketboy
12-19-2004, 03:08 PM
As if you needed any further proof that God hates the Detroit Lions...
9 plays and 80 yards in 1 minute 20 seconds for the touchdown with 8 secinds left - a bad snap and no extra point.
Lions lose 28-27.

Slicker
12-19-2004, 03:30 PM
Damn you beat me to it. When they missed the snap I literally broke out in laughter. Being a Detroit fan you're never surprised by these things.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Well, the battle for AFC home field is heating up! Pittsburgh has Baltimore (at home) and Buffalo (in NY) left, and New England is in Miami tonight and has the Jets (in NY) and San Fran (at home) to finish out the season. Ooohh... ! :crazed:

Hellboy
12-20-2004, 05:32 PM
As if you needed any further proof that God hates the Detroit Lions...
9 plays and 80 yards in 1 minute 20 seconds for the touchdown with 8 secinds left - a bad snap and no extra point.
Lions lose 28-27.

Yeah that was pretty sad I thought they had it there, it really summed up the Loins unlucky season.

I feel similar being a fan of the Seahawks and how they never seem to get a brake. This week they were victims of another bad call. Sure they probably would've still lost since they didn't play any defense but anyone who watched the game knows what I'm talking about and how it turned the tide of the game. Couple that with the Monday night game 2 weeks ago when Keyshawn Johnson's questionable reception was ruled a touchdown with 1 minute and 54 seconds left in the game it wasn't reviewed upstairs. John Madden and Al Michaels reviewed it though and as it tuned out it wasn't a touchdown and the play set up the events that eventually cost the Seahawks the game. Frustrating :cry:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-23-2004, 09:55 PM
I saw the Miami/N.E. game the other night, probably the first Monday Night Game I ever stayed up to watch the whole way through (and I had to get up at 6:00 a.m. the next day). Tom Brady looked very human throwing four interceptions. He is an excellent quarterback, but he can't handle the rare breakdowns in coverage that his blockers allow. The N.E. loss helps the Steelers chances.

There's a good possibility that a 10-6 AFC team will not make the playoffs, but an 8-8 team will make it in the NFC. One of those teams might be the Buffalo Bills are who circling the wagons after a 1-5 start. They are now 8-6 and have a chance to squeeze into the playoffs. An opening game, last second loss to Jacksonville might turn around to bite them, as the Jaguars own the tiebreaker over Buffalo if they both finish with the same record. Either team would need to win out to make the playoffs.

DarthQuack
12-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Being a Giants fan, not much to cheer for this year....can't even root for a good draft pick since it's going to San Diego:mad: If I have to root for any teams, I will be pulling for the Packers in the NFC and the Steelers in the AFC. Sorry, cannot possibly root for the Eagles(same division as g-men) and never for the Pats....sorry they've won enough the past few years.

kool-aid killer
12-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Ive been treated to yet another poor season by Da Bears. Theyve dropped their last couple of games, getting walloped in some of them. But yesterday they were robbed at Detroit. Stinking ref. Oh well, i take comfort in the fact that the Lions suck too.

Hellboy
01-03-2005, 12:31 PM
All right my Seahawks are NFC West Champions and get to play their first playoff game at home. It sure would've been nice though if we were matched up against the Vikings in the first round rather than the Rams but I'm confident Seattle will prevail even thought they fell to their division rival twice in the regular season. :nerv:

James Boba Fettfield
01-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Boo to the Patriots and Eagles. If there were a way for the Super Bowl to end with both teams going home losers, that's the end I would want to see. Giants fans cannot show love for the Eagles, ever! And a Bengals fan cannot love any team that houses big baby Corey Dillion, either! I will still watch it, but will not be too emotionally invested.

I suppose I will support the Eagles. My dislike of Dillion is strong enough to overlook NFC East rivalry. Plus, I am tired of all the hype about how powerful the AFC is this season.

Kidhuman
01-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Its all about Donovan and the Eagles. I hate NE and they dont deserve to hous two worl champions. TO should be back and that makes Philly even more dangerous.

James Boba Fettfield
01-24-2005, 05:20 AM
I'm glad we can talk about the real greatness that is the Super Bowl: the football. All I hear around this time is people getting excited for the commercials. :dead: No! Be excited for the game! There's more to it than watching some overblown commercials, even though I do like seeing the new movie ads they roll out for the game.

All these people talking Super Bowl and it makes me wonder why they were not talking football back in September or earlier. Only here to celebrate the big one, not the game itself.

I agree about the Eagles. They have to win if only to quiet all of the Patriots fans. Where were these people before? Reminds of when the Packers won, suddenly Ohio is full of Pack fans.

Kidhuman
01-24-2005, 07:39 AM
I ownder if they will show the EP3 trailer like they did for EP2 during the suoerbowl this time. The commericals are awesome. Too bad I will be at work for the strt of the game though.

Slicker
01-24-2005, 07:42 AM
That's the thing that really upset me about all 4 of these teams in the Championship games. These are the teams of the hour. Now everyone is an Eagles or Steelers fan only because they're doing good. If you really look at numbers that Ben kid from Pitt. didn't have that awesome of a season but since his team won so many straight games it is said to be all his doing. He got served last night so maybe that'll put an end to it.

Where are all of those mid 90's Cowboys fans at. Hello? What's that....the team isn't winning anymore so you're gonna be a Pittsburgh/Philly fan. Sounds about right.

Kidhuman
01-24-2005, 07:44 AM
Its not that I have become a Philly fan, but would rather see them win it thean NE.

Slicker
01-24-2005, 07:47 AM
I'm not frontin' on anyone in the forums from what I've seen around these parts, Virginia Beach that is, that's the feeling I get.

I'm on the other side you though KH. I'm wanting NE to win. Kinda the lesser of two evils thing.

James Boba Fettfield
01-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Corey Dillion = the greatest of all evils

Thus, the Patriots must lose.

JON9000
01-24-2005, 08:05 AM
No Cowboys fan can jump on the Steelers wagon.

kool-aid killer
01-24-2005, 02:48 PM
I hate the Pats. Aside from not being able to hold Da Bears jockstraps in the Superbowl of almost two decades ago, their Superbowl win of a couple of years ago should have an asterisk nearby it because the Raiders were jobbed out of the AFC championship. Though a die hard Bears fan, im going to be rooting for the Eagles.

Someone mentioned disliking people who say they watch only for the commericals, i cant help but agree. The commercials arent even that funny either, they are more of a letdown because were conditioned to think that each one is going to be funnier than the last.

I remember Cowboy craze back in the 90's. Its funny because the people rocking the blue star years ago dont wear it anymore. I wonder why... Now if only the Green Cheese Packer fans get the hint ill be able to walk around Omaha much more comfortably.

The 'Xir
01-24-2005, 04:35 PM
I don't know why I never really posted on this thread this season, but now that's it's over let's just say I am very disappointed in my Steelers performance the other day! :( Although Ben didn't play great, I'm more upset with the overall play calling on both sides of the ball! The D, should have been blitzing Brady on almost every down(they hardly even ran any zone blitzes!) Then what was up with Staley comming in, in the 1rst quarter, to run about 10 plays in a row on 2 series, yeah Bettis got stopped a couple of times, but the Bus also had a few 5-9 yrd carries as well, keep running the fat Bastard! Then we were 1rst & goal on about the 4rd line, and you run(fine), but then float one to Plexiglass( :confused: :confused: :confused: ) and then run up the middle again on 3rd down! WTF!!!!!!! There were 2 or 3 4th down attempts and that goalline stance, and Ben had been running the ball so well, they should have mixed it up a bit, and run like a naked bootleg, where Ben can curl off the corner and make a mad dash for the sideline/firstdown, or endzone! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I'm ****ing myself off the more I recall the game! So I'm done now! bye! GO DONOVAN(SU boy!), GO EAGLES, **** BRADY, **** NE!!!!

No Cowboys fan can jump on the Steelers wagon.

Good to see the feeling is mutual in other parts of the country!!! My best friend and I grew up together loving life, until the steelers and cowboys would play, and all bets were off! It's so good to see them in the cellar again(doing cruddy)! Ahh the simple pleasure of life! :p

And for as cruddy as that game was, It still was agreat season, and It's great to say that no matter who wins the superbowl, neither team will have as good a record as the steelers did this year! Once again the simple pleasures! :)

Kidhuman
01-27-2005, 12:31 AM
T.O.'s doctor will not clear him tpo play in the superbowl announced on Sportscenter tonight.

Slicker
01-27-2005, 11:06 AM
But do you really think it'll stop him? That's only what the doctor says and if he does get hurt more than he's got the off season to recover. A man with such a big ego would not want to miss the Super Bowl. How can you showboat when you're on the sidelines?:rolleyes:

QLD
01-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Man, I really wanted the Falcons to win this year for our second Super Bowl appearance. :(

CaptainSolo1138
01-27-2005, 11:24 AM
. How can you showboat when you're on the sidelines?:rolleyes:
Deion Sanders never had any trouble :rolleyes: . I can't wait for this damn game to be over. Will Owens play? How many yards will Brady throw for? Can McNabb pick apart the Pats secondary? Who freakin' cares? I'm so sick of Sean Salisbury's big head being the first thing I see in the morning when I turn Sportscenter on. Usually I look forward to the end of football season only so hockey will get some play on Sportcenter. This year I just want Skip Bayless and Woody Paige to shut the hell up.

Kidhuman
01-27-2005, 11:58 AM
But do you really think it'll stop him? That's only what the doctor says and if he does get hurt more than he's got the off season to recover. A man with such a big ego would not want to miss the Super Bowl. How can you showboat when you're on the sidelines?:rolleyes:

Well, the Eagles said they are getting him ready to [play in the game this morning. As for showboating, did you see the footage of him dancing on the sideline tables during the NFC Championship Game?

JON9000
01-27-2005, 12:32 PM
I hate TO. he is an oivergrown, obnoxious bazillionaire baby. I am so glad he cannot play. Just desserts, so says I. lol :p

Kidhuman
01-27-2005, 04:58 PM
I hate TO. he is an oivergrown, obnoxious bazillionaire baby. I am so glad he cannot play. Just desserts, so says I. lol :p

Actually it sounds like he will play with-out Doctors permission.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Well, here's a late post. I have to ask, does Bill Cowher hold the record for most Pro Bowls coached? At least Pitt lost to the eventual champs (again: New England '02, Denver '97?/'98?, Dallas '95).

I have to give TO (Jim Rome calls him "To," as in the word, not the acronym) some credit, even if he is a disgrace much of the time. Athletically, it was an impressive performance. Egotistically and selfishly, it was typical Owens.

BTW, will every spread that the Pats get in the SuperBowl be 3 pts from now on? :greedy:

JetsAndHeels
02-12-2005, 10:18 AM
I have to add a late post also. Those who know me are aware of my affiliation to the Jets. After a somewhat successful season, I once again can only have high hopes for next year (the acquisition of a new Offensive Coordinator was really all I wanted in the coaching department).
Hey Bel-Cam, how about that playoff game between the Jets and Steelers last month...that was something, huh? Jets had the game but could not come up with a clutch field goal. I do not blame our kicker...I blame Herm and the coaching staff. A little bit of common sense goes a long way, and with our new OC that should really help come next season.

And yes, I do believe Cowher holds the record for AFC coaching in the pro bowl

Fluke Skywalker
02-14-2005, 01:55 AM
Here's hoping that Romeo Crennel can cure what ails my beloved and cursed Cleveland Browns. May the Force be with him. (He'll need it).

JetsAndHeels
02-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Apparently my Jets are in the hunt for Randy Moss. I have also learned from espn that the Vikings are going to be sold...I wonder if this will change the state of the Moss trade talks. Perhaps the new owner will not want Moss to leave the team. It should be an interesting offseason.

BTW, did anyone watch that football-like substance last night called the Pro Bowl? I saw about 5 minutes of it, the part where Hines Ward returned an onside kick for a TD.