PDA

View Full Version : OTC Slave 1 has been found.

Turbowars
09-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Over at RS some lucky collector scored at a Florida Target with the price tag of 29.99

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Cool! So I'll be lucky if I find it before ROTS comes out. :D

Turbowars
09-13-2004, 06:39 PM
Man you guys sure are funny about links. I'm surprised you just didn't delete the whole post.:nerv:

Gonk 1979
09-20-2004, 06:27 PM
...I don't see how they're lucky. Isn't this just a rehash of the SOTE and POTF2 Slave I??? Most everyone already has this. The only benefit is the display window for carded collectors...

Turbowars
09-20-2004, 06:46 PM
It was meant to be sarcastic dude. Another thing, I believe it's the AOTC version with Fett's paint job.

Reefer Shark
09-20-2004, 07:05 PM
Yeah, it's the AOTC dressed up like Fetts. A far superior ship, I want one bad.

I guess I'll have to go over to RS and see since the link was removed :confused:

Turbowars
09-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Here you go Reefer.

Reefer Shark
09-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Sweet, thanks Turbo.

It's gonna be a hard decision whether to open or keep it sealed.... Probably keep it sealed since it looks so good.

Turbowars
09-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Sweet, thanks Turbo.

It's gonna be a hard decision whether to open or keep it sealed.... Probably keep it sealed since it looks so good.Nah, just buy 2.:p

JediTricks
09-20-2004, 08:59 PM
...I don't see how they're lucky. Isn't this just a rehash of the SOTE and POTF2 Slave I??? Most everyone already has this. The only benefit is the display window for carded collectors...
It's not the POTF2 version, it's the Saga version with an ESB paint job and new weapons from AOTC attached.

Turbowars
09-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Was that a translation of what Reefer and I posted?:ermm:

JediTricks
09-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Was that a translation of what Reefer and I posted?:ermm:
A clarification. Neither actually said it was the Saga toy or that the Saga version is totally different from the POTF2/SOTE version, and nobody mentioned that it had the 2 additional weapons from AOTC which weren't even on the Saga version.

Turbowars
09-20-2004, 10:03 PM
Oh come, give the readers more credit than that JT. I don't think for a second that anyone here thinks a AOTC ship was made in the POTF2 line.;)

Kyle Katarn
09-20-2004, 10:52 PM
Damn! Why didn't I go to Target? Now I've to wait. That Slave I is nice, thanks for the picture.

JediTricks
09-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Oh come, give the readers more credit than that JT. I don't think for a second that anyone here thinks a AOTC ship was made in the POTF2 line.;) Some folks aren't as up-to-date on these things. You'd be surprised at the emails I get asking these very same things, there's a lot of confusion out there. Granted, I don't think anybody is going to get confused about the POTF2 line having AOTC toys in it, but there are other confusions out there to be had.

seanmcfripp
09-24-2004, 08:00 PM
For anyone that's taken their's out of the package...do the added on armaments come off? For anyone that doesn't know what I'm talking about, there are two little "auto" blasters just below the cockpit (they were used in the asteroid field dogfight in AOTC) and there are two static missile racks just below the main guns (again, just like in the asteroid scene in AOTC) that weren't on the original Saga release. They look like they just peg into the hull, but I wanted to make sure they weren't afixed in some permanent way.

The weapons aren't really ESB accurate, so I wonder why Hasbro went to the trouble. I would have preferred they gutted the launching gimmicks and made some kind of cargo bay...they could have done that without too much of a change to the hull mold.

JediTricks
09-24-2004, 10:50 PM
I have heard that these weapons are removable, they just peg in and out.

I suspect that someone at Hasbro actually designed these features for the Saga version but they were added to the design too late in the game - Lucasfilm gives the designers a lot to do, they show them pre-release footage and then through the magic of digital effects completely change it after their toy designs are done, hence the wrong Kohouns with R2 Sentry and the pipe on the prototype of Dexter Jettster and the totally wrong 2-headed Announcer in the Ep 1 line... heck, the Saga Slave 1 has that sticker of the Jedi tracking device being blown away in a scene that was cut from the final film, making a major part of that rotating panel totally pointless.

I too wish they had gutted the missile-launcher and seismic charge launcher in favor of a larger interior, not like the horribly-empty interior of the vintage/SOTE/POTF2 version though.

Jedi Drew
09-25-2004, 05:20 AM
Anyone have a UPC or Item number for the OTC Slave 1??? :confused:

Jedi Drew
09-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Found mine today at Target University Hts. OH. The right item #er is 087060310. I used this at the scaner and it showed that they had some in the back stockroom. They brought me out a whole case (4 to a case) I took two and two went to the shelf. Ask and you will receive.... :eek: :eek:

Slicker
09-25-2004, 12:41 PM
Can I have one? Now all I have to do is sit back and wait to receive it.;)

Turbowars
09-25-2004, 07:48 PM
Found mine today at Target University Hts. OH. The right item #er is 087060310. I used this at the scaner and it showed that they had some in the back stockroom. They brought me out a whole case (4 to a case) I took two and two went to the shelf. Ask and you will receive.... :eek: :eek:You were able to punch in the # on the Price checker? Our store doesn't have feature.

Kidhuman
09-26-2004, 08:21 AM
I have never heard of that feature either.

JawaJoe
09-26-2004, 05:41 PM
Hi all. Long time listener first time caller. My target in SD had 8 of these also on top shelf. Didnt look at it real close but i was wondering does it come with Han in carbonite also?

Kidhuman
09-27-2004, 05:50 AM
No Han in Carbon with this one.

Slicker
09-27-2004, 04:48 PM
No Han in Carbon with this one.That kinda defeats the whole purpose of releasing Slave I. But this also brings to light the need once again for a new carded Han in Carbonite (my first choice in the top 50 figure poll).

DarthChuckMc
09-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Sorry for my lack of Target updates...I haven't really visited SSG in quite a while....

Yep..the DPCI is 087-06-0310. It isn't listed on a "planogram" as of yet. It'll probably be in a revision soon, probably after Halloween.

SOME Target stores have a NEW price scanner, that has a 3x5 LCD screen, and buttons down the right hand side. If you know the DPCI, you can handkey it in, and it will tell you if we have anything in the backroom.

It saves Team Members a little time, so we don't have to run around trying to find a PDT (handgun scanner), when Guest's are looking for more of an item.

The only BAD thing is......and this is seriously a policy.....

We do not search the backroom for collectible items.

So, although your area store may have something in the backroom, the Team Member on the floor can just be an ***, and say, "Sorry, it's a collectible, I can't bring any out."

As much as it sucks....it's kinda in place to keep scaplers from getting EVERYTHING, and to keep us on the Salesfloor to help other Guest's, instead of rummaging through the backstock.

Turbowars
09-28-2004, 10:26 PM
and to keep us on the Salesfloor to help other Guest's, instead of rummaging through the backstock.I love this statement.:rolleyes: :ermm: As much $ I spend at Target on other goods besides SW each week they better help me get something from the back.:frus:

stillakid
10-02-2004, 02:32 PM
I just bought this today but haven't opened it yet. What's up with Boba Fett? There is a slot in the backpack for a missile, but it isn't there. Is it hidden in the box somewhere? Or did they intentionally leave it out? :confused:

Reefer Shark
10-02-2004, 04:08 PM
I just bought this today but haven't opened it yet. What's up with Boba Fett? There is a slot in the backpack for a missile, but it isn't there. Is it hidden in the box somewhere? Or did they intentionally leave it out? :confused:
I noticed this today too. The pic on the back shows the missle, so I bet it's packed in the box along with the ships missles and right wing.

I plan on opening it soon, so I'll let you know!

Reefer Shark
10-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Well..... I'm very dissapointed to say that Boba's missle AND hand gun are not included....... An extremely weak move on Hasbro's part. Maybe they saved like 3 cents per ship by doing this.... weak.

WTF Hasbro, would it have been that hard to include the figures accessories??? :frus:

So anyone that's hoping to get a complete 300th Boba by buying this set, don't bother. Just when I think Hasbro's stepping up, Hasbroken strikes again.

Oh yeah, BTW: For those wondering, the ships extra guns and missle bays are removable. They just pop right off, and can be put back on.

anti-hero
10-02-2004, 06:44 PM
2 questions:

Are the legs on Fett a different sculpt than the 300th? I saw this at the store yesterday but wasn't sure. It looks like he is in a more neutral standing pose.

Also, My saga Slave I's wings wouldn't stay locked in place at all, they always fall off...Does this ship have the same problem? It may have just been the one I bought, but it was both wings so I always thought it was a production problem.

I can't believe I'm actually considering buying a 3rd Slave I. But when I saw it yesterday I got hooked. The new saga sculpt and new weapons with the ESB paint job look great in person.

Hellboy
10-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Well..... I'm very dissapointed to say that Boba's missle AND hand gun are not included....... An extremely weak move on Hasbro's part. Maybe they saved like 3 cents per ship by doing this.... weak.

Boy I sure wish I would've read this thread before I bought and opened my ship because I'm PO'd. Not only is the ship a sloppy rehash but they packed it with an incomplete figure. I could've accepted the missing pistol I suppose but Fett's missle? WTF is going on here!?! He's pictured on the back of the box with missle intact!?! :frus:

In case anyone is wondering the new weapon attachments on Slave 1 look awful. Yeah they can be removed but they're unpainted and add virtually nothing to the overall look of the ship. You can also pretty much forget about removing them and having it look good too unless you consider 2 holes per piece appealing. If you do buy this ship I say leave it in the box or prepare for a major disappointment all the way around. :dis:

Darth Alex
10-12-2004, 02:57 PM

WTF Hasbro, would it have been that hard to include the figures accessories??? :frus:

So anyone that's hoping to get a complete 300th Boba by buying this set, don't bother. Just when I think Hasbro's stepping up, Hasbroken strikes again.

Oh yeah, BTW: For those wondering, the ships extra guns and missle bays are removable. They just pop right off, and can be put back on.

I'm with all of you on this on.
Actuallllllllly.....I'm gonna call the Hasbro supa-line(800-327-8264) and request the missing parts tommorrow morning.
Now, call me crazy, but having a HOLE in the top of the kid's jetpack is dumb.
Having a missing SIDEARM PISTOL renders the holster on the BODY just pain useless.

I have REAL mixing feeling on this.
I don't have my craptacular Shadows Slave 1 anymore, and darn it, I really miss the cargo bay.
This exclusive would've made a good movie accurate(;) ) Ep2 Slave 1.
I mean it! It's daddy's ship, folks. The missle attachment near the end of the ship looks cool, BUT IT'S NOT IN EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.
Neither is the .....um..... airhorns(?)...guns(?)....what are those things on the side of the ship. It's not in the photo....and unless I have glaucoma it's NOT IN THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK:neutral: .

Anyway....I bought the new Target version to have one. Not 2, one.

You see, there was a time I would devote more $$$ and TIME to this hobby. Not now. I'm too tired of feeling burndt on it!
If I can't find basic army builders easily at retail(aka CHEAPLY) then I will just
BUY ONE of what I want.

I will post what Hasbro says about the missing accessories...now, I don't expect to get anywhere, but who knows. I'll mail the 3 cents to 'em for 'em.
:neutral:

Hellboy
10-12-2004, 05:14 PM
It's daddy's ship, folks. The missle attachment near the end of the ship looks cool, BUT IT'S NOT IN EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.
Neither is the .....um..... airhorns(?)...guns(?)....what are those things on the side of the ship. It's not in the photo....and unless I have glaucoma it's NOT IN THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK:neutral: .

If we're to believe that Boba's Slave 1 is in fact the same ship his father piloted then the weapons technically were always a part of the ship as far as the overall storyline is concerned. The fact that we never see them in ESB can be explained because we never see Slave 1 engaged in combat like we did in AOTC and the weapons systems retract into the ship when not in use. Sure we all know these additional weapons weren't part of Slave 1's original design and were conceived well after ESB was released but as far as continuity issues within the story are concerned its feasible.

Good luck contacting Hasbro and please do tell what their response is. I'm actually upset enough that I might give them a call myself.