PDA

View Full Version : Ivan the Terrible is coming

Old Fossil
09-13-2004, 08:08 PM
Just wanted to wish all my fellow Southerners good luck in the days to come. Looks like Ivan's going to give us quite a shiner in a few days.

I live about 100 miles up from the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and already my town is running out of gas at the stations, and my local Wal-Mart is completely out of bottled water. I talked with the lady that manages the Ramada Inn here, and she said all their rooms were booked. Looks like folks know this massive storm is a killer, and are taking no chances.

Hope everyone impacted by this storm makes it through, with their families and homes (and Star Wars collections, of course) intact.

Kidhuman
09-13-2004, 08:22 PM
I say bring it on. Of course I am well in the mountains of Va, so I expect some rain, but thats it. Good luck to all in the path of this deadly storm.

JediTricks
09-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Stupid crazy east coast weather! SirSteve was caught right in the middle of the last one last week, no power for a while and lots of other pains in the behind. Plus, on a personal note, this cost me the chance to go to that SW DVD press thing where I could have gotten the DVDs for free, met Irvin Kershner and Mark Hamill, and had a great story to report upon, but the storm made it impossible for S to get his mail. :cry:

Oh yeah, what was I saying? Beyond my selfish complaints, I wish you folks enduring this new one the best of luck!