PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Edition 2004 - Entertainment Earth Exclusive!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-14-2004, 05:15 PM
This one looks pretty cool, it's two Jawas with some presents, and it's on an OTC packaging. EE has it now for pre-order.
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/aff-home.asp?id=SI-305158297&number=HS34528

Sentinel18725
09-14-2004, 08:18 PM
Excellent piece. I love these....keep em coming. They are a neat little subset of the Star Wars Universe

Turbowars
09-14-2004, 08:51 PM
It's cool that EE got them. Finally I don't have to go to e-bay for these things.

Ji'dai
09-14-2004, 09:59 PM
Ugh.. 18 bucks. Holiday Yoda was only $13 from the Fan Club. I'd never find it if it was Wal-Mart exclusive though.

The sand rat on the left is holding a thermal detonator. Someone must have been naughty this year...

...hmm, maybe it's a training remote.

darthzirock
09-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Oy vey ... now I'm glad I never got the other 2 holiday edition sets! I might feel compelled to buy this thing, too, if I had. Sorry, but a pair of rehashed Jawas with red and green lightpipe eyes holding "presents" just doesn't fill me with Christmas cheer. I'll not only Passover this set (badda-bing! -- and no, I'm not Jewish), but I'm hoping this is the last of these holiday things. What's next, Darth Vader with red and green chestplate lights, on skis? :crazed:

sumdumchum
09-15-2004, 03:59 PM
darthzirock: "What's next, Darth Vader with red and green chestplate lights, on skis?"

I'm with you on this one. I thought it was ridiculous when they first brought out C3PO and R2. They've gone too far. It way too silly.

El Chuxter
09-15-2004, 04:44 PM
First, these are apparently based on actual images from years ago, such as Meco's holiday album and various LFL Christmas cards.

Second, it's Jawas! JAWAS! How can you people even consider passing up Jawas? And you call yourselves SW fans! :mad::crazed:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Whoa, I didn't even know their eyes were red and green! That makes this set even better. I already pre-ordered it. Too bad it won't arrive for three more months!

Hellboy
09-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up. This was the first I'd heard of this holiday exclusive and I just placed my pre-order. :D

JEDIpartner
09-16-2004, 08:01 AM
I haven't gotten any of these things. I think they are just dire.

Ji'dai
09-16-2004, 09:33 PM
I like these, but they are overpriced, this one especially. I would prefer a Halloween theme over Christmas though.

Turbowars
09-16-2004, 11:01 PM
I guess that would make sense if the genius McQuarrie drew up a Halloween picture. I hope some day we get more concept figures like the McQuarrie Stromy. A Vader would be awesome.

Hellboy
09-17-2004, 04:56 PM
I hope some day we get more concept figures like the McQuarrie Stromy. A Vader would be awesome.

I'm actually pretty surprised we haven't seen the famous Vader vs. Luke w/breathing aparatus picture translated into figures yet. That would be one sweet set.

Kyle Katarn
09-17-2004, 05:30 PM
I agree, I would like to see McQuarrie's painitngs made into figures, they would be amazing...just check how good the Stormtrooper is.

Ji'dai
09-17-2004, 05:38 PM
The McQuarrie concept art for the Luke/Vader airlock duel is one of my favorites. The depiction of Vader in that work always seemed more menacing to me. I'd hit that set too.

darthzirock
09-18-2004, 12:57 AM
The McQuarrie concept art for the Luke/Vader airlock duel is one of my favorites. The depiction of Vader in that work always seemed more menacing to me. I'd hit that set too.Man, I've been begging for a set of Concept Art figures based on the OT! Gimme a set based on the December 1976 DelRey paperback cover art or that airlock duel painting. I want a greenfurred Chewie, a streamlined 3PO, R2 with all his arms & tools on the outside of his body, and I'd even settle for the combined Obi-Wan/Han Solo (before Lucas decided to split them into two characters), and that blonde Leia. For TESB, I'd love to see Concept Art Yoda (with the blue skin and oversized Mr. Spock ears), gray-and-white Boba Fett, Lando, and just about any of the outrageous Emperor designs. For ROTJ, I'd go for the pink-skinned, reclining Jabba (based on Phil Tippett's maquette), bondage-girl Oola, top-hatted Bib Fortuna, and the more chipmunk-like Ewoks.

darthzirock
09-18-2004, 01:09 AM
Second, it's Jawas! JAWAS! How can you people even consider passing up Jawas? And you call yourselves SW fans! :mad::crazed:I don't care if it's Jawas stuffing credit sticks down the G-string of Yarna del'Gargan! These things are dopey! Plus, if they wanted to make a holiday set based off that particular image, then at least give us the lil kid Jawa lying on the floor starring at whatever that toy is he's got! Sure, rehash the old POTF2 Jawas for the main two, but the lil kid would have been just as easy to sculpt as the presents and that targeting remote. Lame! Lame!

2-1B
09-18-2004, 01:48 AM
I've got my sets on order so I'm all ready to go. Bring these on, they rock !

:Ogre:

stillakid
09-18-2004, 09:34 AM
I think these are fun. This'll be the first I don't have to buy from ScalperBay. Too bad they're A)impossible to find at retail, and B) so darned expensive. For the trouble, you'd never just buy a few to send out to "normal" people. And because they're such a pain to get, even if you had a geeked out friend like us, the chances are that that person would have it anyway. So the whole idea of buying these to send as actual gifts doesn't seem to work in reality.

Hey JT, new poll question:
Do you send Star Wars toys as gifts to your geeked out friends?

evenflow
09-18-2004, 01:00 PM
I pre-ordered mine. I really enjoy these X-mas sets. It looks like one Jawa is holding a Jedi Training remote.

aceguide
09-22-2004, 12:03 PM
I like these sets and hope they keep coming.

An entire line of McQuarrie concept figs would be great. Too bad I never saw the concept stormie...

Ji'dai
09-24-2004, 08:10 PM
In case you missed it, the second Holiday Edition figure, Santa Yoda, is available from StarWarsShop.com for $11.95:

http://shop.starwars.com/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=471

I bet the '04 Holiday Edition EE exclusive will eventually be offered at SSS.com as part of their "aftermarket exclusive program."

JawaJoe
09-26-2004, 05:56 PM
I too wish they'd used diff. sculpts. A lil kid jawa would rock. In other jawa news. If you didnt get the new insider it has pics of the new galactic heros- gamorrean guard, lando skiff, tusken raider, and jawa. The jawa looks awesome, definately gonna pick it up.

JabbaGlob
09-30-2004, 12:15 PM
The latest EE catalog lists the Holiday Edition Jawas at $14.99. EE won't honor that price, however. They claim it's a typo and "the price can change without notice."

Ji'dai
10-01-2004, 05:56 PM
EE is really gouging us on this exclusive. I hope they get stuck with lots of product and are forced to put it on sale or clearance.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-27-2004, 06:47 PM
It seems like I preordered it ages ago, but I got an e-mail yesterday from EE saying it shipped. So hopefully it'll get here soon, even though I won't be getting it until Christmas.

Veers
11-27-2004, 07:27 PM
I pre ordered mine already.

stillakid
11-28-2004, 10:05 AM
Got mine yesterday! Looks nice next to the other ones. :)

aceguide
11-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Question:

I have not opened any of these yet. I am hesitating because I cannot tell if they will display as a whole - meaning - do you loose the background by opening? Really any suggestions on displaying would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

TheDarthVader
11-29-2004, 04:28 PM
Yeah. I got an email about 3 days ago letting me know that my jawas were on the way!

B.
TDV

dindae
11-29-2004, 04:49 PM
aceguide so far the Christmas card that is included doubles as a backdrop that slides in to the base much like the cinema scenes. It is a little loose but that can be fixed easy enough by adding paper inside the card to add thickness.

stillakid
11-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Question:

I have not opened any of these yet. I am hesitating because I cannot tell if they will display as a whole - meaning - do you loose the background by opening? Really any suggestions on displaying would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I'm with you. All three of mine are still sealed. I'm counting on somebody else to send me one of the cards inside. :D

I wanted to buy an extra of each to open, but they're all too damned expensive and hard to find.

aceguide
12-01-2004, 07:33 AM
aceguide so far the Christmas card that is included doubles as a backdrop that slides in to the base much like the cinema scenes. It is a little loose but that can be fixed easy enough by adding paper inside the card to add thickness.

Thanks for the advice. I thought that might be the case but was nervous about opening them on a hunch. I think that even though the packaging is very cool they will be even better display pieces freed of their plastic confines...

JawaJoe
12-03-2004, 06:38 PM
Ok I got my set today. I was kinda under the impression their eyes would glow red and green (holiday gimmick). In my set the smaller jawa's eyes glow plain ol ordinary yellow. The plate on its head is clearly green yet its eyes dont have even a hint of green. Needless to say im feeling a little ripped off. Did anybody get one with green eyes or are they all like this? :ermm:

DarkArtist
12-03-2004, 08:11 PM
i ordered but have yet to recieve. I think they are a great idea and I'm hoping that next year will be the Santa Vader.

DarthBobul
12-09-2004, 06:07 PM
I think that a Santa Vader would be a great addition the our Holiday Star Wars tradition. But 18 bucks is still really steep for two little jawas. 14 bucks would have been more reasonable, even for an exclusive.

aceguide
12-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Were there other McQuarrie x-mas cards? If so does anyone have the images. I would be curious to see what might be featured in the future.