PDA

View Full Version : Pre-"Revenge" wave two figures...

JEDIpartner
09-16-2004, 08:08 AM
We know what's in wave one: PABLO JILL, YAURA, SLY MOORE, QUEEN AMIDALA Celebration Ceremony, RABE Queen's Chambers. (a recap for those NOT in the know.)

Here's the selection in wave two: FELTIPERN TREVAGG, MYO, DANNIK JERRIKO, STORMTROOPER, SANDTROOPER, SCOUT TROOPER, HAN SOLO, CHEWBACCA, YODA.

Great! So, we get more cantina figures but I can't understand why we're getting the ten millionth Han, Chewie & Yoda in the last 365 days. The army builders are fine enough, I suppose.

Thoughts?

Beast
09-16-2004, 09:04 AM
We heard earlier reports about Feltipern, Myo, and Dannik. But I wonder what the rest of those figures are going to be. Are they going to be another wave of recards? Or are they actually going to be newly carded? New versions of the army builder figures would be great, but I have a feeling most are going to be recards. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
09-16-2004, 10:25 AM
NIce series of new figures. Sandtrooper fits in with the Mos Eisley as done Han and Chewie, but if it is CT Han again, I will scream my damn head off. BUt where the heck does Yoda and Scout Trooper fit in?

B'Omarr Monkey
09-16-2004, 11:22 AM
My guess is that the Sandtrooper will be a recard, but which version? The Han, Yoda, Chewie, etc., I'm guessing will be the same OTC figures, maybe even the same cards, just used to pad out the case assortments, though since some of those are still plentiful and are from the earlier OTC waves, I could be wrong. It would make more sense to pad the cases with the last wave figures like Madine, the Scanning Crew Trooper, etc.

Maybe Hasbro actually listened to all our griping about the SA Clone Trooper and how army builders should always be available, which is why we're getting all the Imperials again. This still doesn't explain Han and Chewie, though.

dindae
09-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Sounds like a bunch of repacks. I would like it if the Sandtrooper were a new sculpt but I doubt it.

El Chuxter
09-16-2004, 12:03 PM
BUt where the heck does Yoda and Scout Trooper fit in?

Haven't you heard about the new addition to the DVD, where Obi-Wan meets up with Yoda in the Cantina, and Yoda points him to Chewbacca just before a Scout Trooper runs in and chases him away?

B'Omarr Monkey
09-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Hey, hey, hey,! El Chuxter, a spoiler warning would have been nice. Some of us want the changes to be surprises. ;)

Kyle Katarn
09-16-2004, 04:37 PM
Mmm...they sound like repacks, I hope Yoda, Chewie and Han will be a little bit different. Thanks for the info.

Kidhuman
09-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Haven't you heard about the new addition to the DVD, where Obi-Wan meets up with Yoda in the Cantina, and Yoda points him to Chewbacca just before a Scout Trooper runs in and chases him away?

Is that the Archival Editions?

TheDarthVader
09-16-2004, 05:08 PM
The NEW figures sound great!

B.
TDV

Hellboy
09-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Nice assortment. The new figures sound sweet and the inclusion of Imperial army builders is always welcome IMO. Obviously new sculpts of the Scout and Sandtroopers would be nice but I could use a few more of the POTJ versions if that is indeed what is being offered. If the Han, Chewy, and Yoda are simply recarded versions I'll pass on those but overall a decent group of figures if you ask me.

evenflow
09-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Well i am looking forward to FELTIPERN TREVAGG, MYO, & DANNIK JERRIKO. Other than that, I will still not buy the re-packs if thats what the others in the wave are going to be.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Hopefully, the other figures listed will be new (but I doubt it). It sounds like it could be an Endor theme, with Han in a trenchcoat, Chewbacca (maybe with a vine or something?), and maybe a Spirit Yoda? That would be cool. If it's just more of those first-wave OTC figures I'll cry. :cry:

Turbowars
09-18-2004, 08:02 PM
How about a Chewy with his find of fresh meat on a stick as a pack in. I would really like a good Han with coat and a SA Scout.

Beast
09-22-2004, 04:12 AM
First pics of Dannik Jerriko and Feltipern Trevagg have surfaced. They're in the newest issue of the Star Wars insider, #78. No pictures of Myo yet, but so far these look good. Some people might have a problem with Dannik's EU probiscus being sculpted on, but they shouldn't be too hard to remove if you wanted to. :)

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3407&zoneid=2

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

droidekas2
09-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Yeah!!

The cantina is my all time favorite Star Wars scene.
Feltipern looks awesome and I like Dannik too (maybe he will come with a removable/alternate head that does have his little probes coming out). Cant wait to see what they do with Myo. Hasbro is doing a great job with these! I am always glad when there are some new figures to put into my cantina diorama. I am so happy. Last night I got the K-Mart exclusive cantina set (on sale for $18.88), Kitik finally joined the cantina and I watched Star Wars: A New Hope on DVD!!

Devo
09-22-2004, 02:45 PM
I haven't seen an army builder figure in my store since the brief one-off appearance of the SA clone trooper of which I bought 4. Before that it was the alternate head Imperial officer from Saga. These types of figures either never appear at my store or rival collectors buy up every single one of them so that I never know they were even there.

I have 1 commtech stormie and the crappy rehash in the Imperial forces 4 pack. I have no POTJ sandtroopers and no carded Scout troopers. And no matter how many times Hasbro reissues these figures I just can't get any of them.

Likewise even if I do find Dannik jericho, Myo and the gotal my cantina is still blighted by the absence of Wuher, Evazan, Kitik, Boshek or any Bith. I'm not optimistic as you can see. I don't expect to find these figures. All I seem to be able to find are new Hans, Darths, Leias and Lukes, same old story.

jedi master sal
09-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Either you need to get out more or try eBay. You can get alot of those figs cheap on eBay, depending on if your a carded collector or not. I can't see any army builder not being an opener though. At least with respect to the army building figs.

Try comic/toy conventions as well. I've scored many a stormtrooper for $1-2 each at those, for example. That's how I'm able to build up literally hundreds of figs for an army. Shoot I just finished counting my clones about a week ago and I've got 283 of them.

I know it's easy to say try harder or go out more, but besides eBay there really isn't much else you can do to find them at retail or less. You would be lucky to find them through e-tailers for under cost, but if you do, snag 'em up.

I've had much success with varying my buying practices. Not all from retail really helps in the long run.

Good luck in your army building venture.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-22-2004, 05:13 PM
So, Dannik Jerriko really shouldn't have those feeler things? Why would they put them on if he doesn't have them?

Other than that, these guys are cool.

Beast
09-22-2004, 05:41 PM
The 'feelers' are tounge like appendages from the EU, which he uses to eat people's soup. Basically he's a brain eater. I think Hasbro decided to add them she wouldn't be 'Generic Man w/ Pipe'. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

B'Omarr Monkey
09-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Dannik and Feltipern look great. I'm guessing the proboscis tendrils will be removable, and will plug into his nostrils (hopefully without holes that are way too big).

I also predict that Toy Fare will make some lame joke about snot rockets or the like.

El Chuxter
09-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Okay, I like the EU and all, but I don't want an EU Dannik! I was so happy when they announced Dannik would finally be produced, but now I don't know.

Besides, I always envisioned his "tendrils" as very thin, black, and jointed almost like insect legs. Something creepy, at any rate. These things look kinda. . . My Little Pony with a tapeworm in its nose.

Kidhuman
09-23-2004, 02:45 PM
DId anyone save them? GH took down the pics at request of LucasFilm.

Beast
09-23-2004, 02:56 PM
I saved the one picture that showed them both, but I didn't save the close-up headshot of Dannik. Here I'll upload what I have for you folks that missed it. Shhh, noone tell Steve or Lucasfilm. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-23-2004, 03:29 PM
On the DVDs yesterday, on the photo gallery, it shows a full body shot of Feltipern. The figure's costume is way off! It's not even close to the same thing. Would it've been that hard to find a real picture of him?

Darkness Shroud
09-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Those look real nice. Thanks JJB.:)

Kidhuman
09-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Thanks JJB. Good looking figures.