PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else heard the Thorns' album?

El Chuxter
09-17-2004, 03:17 PM
I've loved this CD since I first picked it up months ago, and I'm surprised that it seems to have slipped through the cracks. In a nutshell, it's the latest rock supergroup (or maybe not the latest by this point :)), made up of:

Shawn Mullins: Overall the weakest link of the chain, though still a pretty decent singer-songwriter, a cult favorite who had one hit with "Lullaby" a few years ago;

Pete Droge: An incredibly underrated singer-songwriter (who I suspect was created on Kamino using DNA samples of Tom Petty). Supposedly had a minor hit with "If You Don't Love Me (I'll Kill Myself)," though I've never heard it on the radio. His title track on the "Beautiful Girls" soundtrack made that otherwise pretty meh CD worth getting in the days before downloading;

Matthew Sweet: One of the best pop-rock musicians of the alternative era, who had real success with catchy tunes like "Girlfriend" and "Sick of Myself."

So put these three 90s rockers together, and they harmonize well enough to record the best Crosby Stills & Nash album in 30 years. :D

Just curious if I'm the only person here who's ever heard this. If so, I'd highly recommend it.

mabudonicus
09-26-2004, 08:06 AM
*fleeep-fleep..........fleep-fleep..........fleep-fleep*

uhhhhhhh.... no???
:beard:

Sorry for goofing, Chux, this thread just seemed lonely, I'll post for real when I've heard it for sure