PDA

View Full Version : John-Rhys Davies to voice Grevious

Elliejabbapop
09-20-2004, 10:45 AM
Visit theforce.net for these news in detail. Personally I think it's a terrible idea :dis: :bored: :ermm: :mad:

Beast
09-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Ok, that's a great decision. I love John-Rhys Davies, and his voice would be perfect for General Grevious. Good choice, M'Lord Lucas. ;) :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Eh, I don't know about this. I don't want Grievous to sound like Gimli, that would suck! Hopefully he can branch out a bit. And I don't mean like Treebeard.

:ermm: Okay bad pun.

Beast
09-20-2004, 01:07 PM
John-Rhys Davies has done a lot of voices over his career, so I think he can come up with something fairly unique. I never liked the idea of DeNiro doing the voice anyway. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
09-20-2004, 01:42 PM
I normally don't lurk in these waters, but that topic enticed me in. :)

Is this confirmed? Pretty cool, though why wouldn't they go with the actor who played him in the Clone Wars? That voice gave me the willies.

Elliejabbapop
09-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Ok, that's a great decision. I love John-Rhys Davies, and his voice would be perfect for General Grevious. Good choice, M'Lord Lucas. ;) :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Are you being ironic or are you just nuts?:confused: John Rhys-Davies doesn't have a creeky, sinister voice... he's totally wrong!!!

2-1B
09-20-2004, 01:53 PM
Great choice.

Have you ever heard this guy's normal voice ? Gimli would sound dumb, sure, but I think JR-D can pull it off nicely.

Besides, with Gary Oldman we would be subject to more 5th Element comparisons. :Ogre:

Beast
09-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Are you being ironic or are you just nuts?:confused: John Rhys-Davies doesn't have a creeky, sinister voice... he's totally wrong!!!
I'm being totally serious, John-Rhys Davies has an amazing range of voices. I can't wait to hear how General Grevious sounds. And agreed Ceaser, I wasn't a fan of the idea of Gary Oldman doing the voice either. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bosskman
09-20-2004, 04:28 PM
The seperatist ship is surrounded by republic forces about to break in at any minute.

Dooku: We cannot give up general, we must face them though we almost certainly will die.

Grievous: YES!!!!!

Lord Malakite
09-20-2004, 05:40 PM
I suppose it could be worse. It could of been Ozzy Osbourne. :p

Elliejabbapop
09-21-2004, 08:01 AM
I'm being totally serious, John-Rhys Davies has an amazing range of voices. I can't wait to hear how General Grevious sounds. And agreed Ceaser, I wasn't a fan of the idea of Gary Oldman doing the voice either. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
I agree about the Gary Oldman part, totally, but I was hoping for a more sinister, cruel voice. Let's hope he does a good job.

Beast
09-21-2004, 09:15 AM
You want sinister and cruel? John-Rhys Davies voiced the villian McBeth on Gargoyles for one, where he displayed a wonder dark quality to his voice. And that's just the tip of the iceberg for the various voice work and rolls he's played. I think he'll be able to pull it off quite well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Elliejabbapop
09-21-2004, 03:05 PM
I have faith :)