PDA

View Full Version : I ain't afraid of no ghost... changes!

JediTricks
09-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Here is my answer to the whole Anakin spirit change at the end of the ROTJ DVD...

(see attachment)

JediTricks
09-20-2004, 06:23 PM
And on white and in avatar form...

Beast
09-20-2004, 06:48 PM
I think you put the wrong Anakin in the avatar. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
09-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Here is my answer to the whole Anakin spirit change at the end of the ROTJ DVD...

(see attachment)

Cute! But if you really want to make a stand don't buy the DVD's tomorrow. Otherwise that little thumbnail means nothing. ;)

JediTricks
09-20-2004, 09:14 PM
I haven't decided whether I'm going to buy it or not, but the reason I am even tempted is only because of the image quality and the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Exhaust Port
09-20-2004, 10:04 PM
I like it. :D (your avatar that is)

mini-rock
09-20-2004, 11:25 PM
I haven't decided whether I'm going to buy it or not, but the reason I am even tempted is only because of the image quality and the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Well, you could always rent it. If I had the same problems with the changes as you there is no way in hell I would buy it regardless of the PQ or xtras. That is the only way to send a message to GL that you are truly unhappy with the changes to the OT. :)

stillakid
09-23-2004, 12:16 PM
Well, you could always rent it. If I had the same problems with the changes as you there is no way in hell I would buy it regardless of the PQ or xtras. That is the only way to send a message to GL that you are truly unhappy with the changes to the OT. :)

That'd be like hitting a battleship with an arrow. ;)

Kidhuman
09-23-2004, 03:56 PM
The avatar was so sweet, I had to borrow it as well JT. :D

Edit: I changed ot the white on so there is no confusion like that other thread had.

mini-rock
09-23-2004, 05:26 PM
That'd be like hitting a battleship with an arrow. ;)

No doubt man, but it beats selling out and giving up what you stand for. :)

JediTricks
09-24-2004, 08:39 PM
The avatar was so sweet, I had to borrow it as well JT. :D

Edit: I changed ot the white on so there is no confusion like that other thread had. LOL! Right on! That's the idea, get the message out there. And you didn't have to use the white one, Haydenbusters solidarity is fine by me! :D

MR, I see what you are saying, but I don't think the issue is as clear-cut as that because there are other aspects about the DVDs that are worth buying. Plus, how would I have shown my distaste for it if Steve's email access hadn't been cut off by that hurricane a few weeks ago and I would have gotten a free copy of the DVDs at that press thing we were invited to here in Hollywood? Then I would have owned a copy of the DVD for free and badmouthed the change either way. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this, I am just not as hardline on this issue as you, though I do understand your viewpoint.

mini-rock
09-24-2004, 11:00 PM
LOL! Right on! That's the idea, get the message out there. And you didn't have to use the white one, Haydenbusters solidarity is fine by me! :D

MR, I see what you are saying, but I don't think the issue is as clear-cut as that because there are other aspects about the DVDs that are worth buying. Plus, how would I have shown my distaste for it if Steve's email access hadn't been cut off by that hurricane a few weeks ago and I would have gotten a free copy of the DVDs at that press thing we were invited to here in Hollywood? Then I would have owned a copy of the DVD for free and badmouthed the change either way. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this, I am just not as hardline on this issue as you, though I do understand your viewpoint.

Well I'll take it then, that you do not dislike the changes as much as you have led us to believe. Enjoy your new DVD's. :D

JediTricks
09-27-2004, 07:36 PM
I haven't even watched 'em yet, but I definitely don't like the ones I have seen so far and said something about, so there. :p

;)

2-1B
09-28-2004, 03:06 AM
You guys are taking the "creepy look" and using it totally out of context.
Here, take a look at my avatar which shows Anakin happy and at peace.

<------------- :)

:Ogre:

2-1B
09-28-2004, 03:23 AM
And while you're at it,

:Ogre: <------- notice how happy and at peace this :Ogre is.

2-1B
06-21-2005, 03:12 AM
And that Ogre is still at peace. lol

I cracked myself up reading those old posts of mine, because now "I" am pointing at Rick McCallum and he does indeed look "peaceful", no ? lol lol lol

I noticed tonight on the AFI tribute show that "they ain't afraid of no ghost changes" since they used the new Ghost shot as part of their film clip presentation. :)

CaptainSolo1138
06-21-2005, 09:39 AM
I have a feeling that "peaceful" look was brought on by spending three or four hours at Old Country Buffet. :D

As for the Haydakin ghost, I was glad to see it last nite. I didn't hate it to begin with and after seeing Episode III I actually prefer it to Sebastakin.

JediTricks
06-21-2005, 10:23 PM
I notice Rick McC was nowhere in sight at that AFI thing though.

2-1B
06-22-2005, 01:14 AM
He was backstage pouring Carrie Fisher's next round.

JediTricks
06-22-2005, 02:52 AM
I believe she's a recovering alcoholic and no longer imbibes, hence the AA-style opening to her monologue.

Rocketboy
06-22-2005, 09:17 PM
I know where he was, but I won't say 'cause I don't want to get banned. :D