PDA

View Full Version : STAR WARS & My Little Pony

DarthChuckMc
09-21-2004, 11:11 AM
So she wouldn't feel left out, on my crazy late night toy runs, my girlfriend decided to take up her own collecting hobby, My Little Pony toys.

On one of the boards she visits (Yep, there are MLP forums, too), someone posted a topic about MLPs and SW. I guess the majority of the ladies on there have boyfriends or husbands that collect SW, while the ladies have their MLP habit.

So I thought I'd pose the question here....

Out of us, the STAR WARS toy collectors, who HERE has a significant other that collects My Little Pony??? The hobbies seem to go hand in hand.

Now if I could just talk here out of posing my loose figures on the ponies backs ;)

lucidebass
09-21-2004, 04:44 PM
No My little Pony, but my girlfriend is a Dr Suess (mainly Cat in the Hat) addict, which I think is worse because you can't find that stuff in stores all that often now. She'll get a bit jealous when I come home from a run with all this stuff and she can't find anything. :( Maybe I can talk her into the Little Pony thing, she had some when she was a kid... :D

Lord Malakite
09-21-2004, 07:45 PM
I have several My Little Ponies. :ermm: Its not like I regularly collect them or anything. :nerv:

InsaneJediGirl
09-21-2004, 09:18 PM
WooHoo..My Little Ponies rock! ;-)

But yes,I have noticed the MLP and SW trend.Makes sense since basically the same time frame in releases :)

B'Omarr Monkey
09-21-2004, 09:45 PM
No My Little Ponies in this house. My daughter wants to start buying them (she's 5 1/2) I keep trying to steer her towards something else. The thing I've discovered though is that 98% of the toys I see aimed at girls are really insipid, and many of the ones that aren't terrible, don't get new additions to their lines either. She was getting the Fisher-Price equivalent of action figures - the doll house stuff, whatever it's called --it's stuck in the back of my brain somewhere-- mostly because they have a bunch of horses, but there's never anything new to add to what she has already. For the past two years it's been the exact same stuff. Maybe this is just the girls version of seeing tons of Zuttons sitting on the pegs year after year.

Darth Jax
09-22-2004, 12:31 AM
my gf doesn't consider herself a collector, but she still has a large number of them stored away. and when i asked her about them, she decided that it was time to unpack them and reminisce.