PDA

View Full Version : MR .45 Scale Sith Lightsaber Collection

mini-rock
09-21-2004, 09:07 PM
From the email sent to MR's CSM's:

http://www2.masterreplicas.com/StarWars/SWProduct.aspx?sItemID=SW-301S
Created by a Jedi dissenter who was outcast by the Jedi Council, the Sith were a menace long considered extinct. Determined to destroy the Jedi, they had learned that the true power of the Force only came by tapping its dark side. Unnoticed and growing in numbers, the Sith quietly existed for centuries.
Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, is one of the most feared figures in the galaxy. Formerly the promising young Jedi, Anakin Skywalker, he gave into his anger and turned to the dark side. Though transformed from Jedi to Sith, Vader retained his most powerful weapon - his lightsaber.
Three Classic Films - Three Coveted Replicas
Darth Vader's lightsaber prop used in Star Wars: A New Hope was, in reality, an antique flash gun with the addition of a 6-bubble clear display panel, rubber grips along the base and a D-ring to the front shroud. Meanwhile in Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Count Dooku, Lord of the Sith, masks his sinister agenda by appearing to be a charismatic idealist. In keeping with his dark personality, Dooku's lightsaber is both elegant and menacing in its design. The chrome finish is offset with numerous touches of black - hinting at its dark purpose.
In the climactic final moments of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Darth Maul and Obi-Wan Kenobi lock blades in one of the most dramatic and memorable lightsaber duels ever seen in the Star Wars saga.
Purchase As A Collection
And Get The Trio Display Case FREE!
Each .45 scale replica comes with its own, individual display stand. Each is constructed of the same high quality materials as our Limited Edition replicas. Each comes in a collectible quality presentation cover, accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity. The individual display stand is made of black injection molded plastic with clear supports for the replica. The top of the matte textured base is accented with a gold Star Wars logo and the name of the character. But, purchased together, you'll get all 3 Sith lightsabers PLUS a FREE Trio Display case! That's a savings of nearly $15.
Designed with three stepped levels to attractively display the three .45 scale lightsaber replicas, the case features a black, textured base made of injection molded ABS. The bottom front is decorated with a metallic gold imprint: Star Wars 2004 Sith Collection. It also comes with a clear, acrylic dust cover to protect and preserve your collection.
The Trio base measures approximately 6.5" W x 6.25" D x 4.5" H, while the dust cover is approx. 7.28" from the bottom of the base. Individually, the Sith Lightsaber Collection consists of:
* Darth Vader(tm) Lightsaber(tm): $35 (plus S&H)
http://www2.masterreplicas.com/StarWars/SWProduct.aspx?sItemID=SW-306
Measures approximately 5.25" L x 1" D. This replica will ship in October.
* Count Dooku(tm) Lightsaber(tm): $35 (plus S&H)
http://www2.masterreplicas.com/StarWars/SWProduct.aspx?sItemID=SW-307
Measures approximately 5.9" L x 8" H x 1.25" D. This replica will ship in November.
* Darth Maul(tm) Battle Damaged Lightsaber(tm): $35 (plus S&H)
http://www2.masterreplicas.com/StarWars/SWProduct.aspx?sItemID=SW-308
Measures approximately 4.7" L x .9" D. This replica will ship in November.
Looking the way it might have appeared after Obi-Wan Kenobi cleaved it in half during the climactic duel scene that ended the life of Darth Maul, the battle damaged lightsaber has a weathered finish that shows the scrapes, dents and scorch marks that could have been caused during brutal combat. The open, severed end exposes ruby red crystals and wiring that we imagine could be inside a "real" lightsaber.
Our Jedi Lightsaber Collection Sold Out -
Don't Miss the Sith Lightsaber Collection!
Since our Jedi Lightsaber Collection sold out quickly, we anticipate these Sith lightsabers will also sell quickly. So to ensure you get all three lightsabers and guarantee your FREE Trio Display case, (that's a savings of nearly $15), you'll need to place your order NOW![/i][/b]

tk1476
10-04-2004, 02:29 AM
I got am Email saying that my Darth Vader and trio display case are shipping!:D

Jayspawn
10-05-2004, 12:10 AM
I'm skipping them unless I happen to find Gold versions in stores.

Brainiak76
10-08-2004, 09:07 PM
are they coming out with Gold chase verions for these also?

Jayspawn
10-11-2004, 09:20 AM
I've not heard anything about gold editions. Since they just announced the collection, we should hear something soon if they will.

mm74md
10-12-2004, 12:48 PM
I got am Email saying that my Darth Vader and trio display case are shipping!:D

So did I on 9/30, but I haven't seen/heard anything since.

Anyone have an update on shipping for the case & Vader?

ZachAttack
10-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Here is a fun story!

I ordered my display case a while ago and the Vader .45 saber like a week ago.

Display Case: Flight 1
Vader Saber: Flight 6

So I JUST got an E-mail from MR letting my know that my Vader saber is on its way, complete with tracking number and all (Should be here on Monday!).

However, I haven't heard a thing about the display case (yet... I noticed they charged my credit card for both items today).

Strange but true. Anyone else expecting theirs soon?

dgauci5
10-21-2004, 08:30 AM
So I JUST got an E-mail from MR letting my know that my Vader saber is on its way, complete with tracking number and all (Should be here on Monday!).

However, I haven't heard a thing about the display case (yet... I noticed they charged my credit card for both items today).

I'm on Flight 1 for the whole Sith set (2). My Vader's have already shipped and I too have been billed for the display cases, but no tracking number yet.

Bobbyg714
10-22-2004, 06:24 AM
I also am scheduled for flight #1 for all of the lightsabers and the case. I received the original 10/1 Email telling me to expect shipping and have not gotten any follow-up or tracking numbers. MY friend ordered after I did and has his Vader in hand as of yesterday and has a tracking number on the case. Do others on this board have the same issue that they have not received their flight 1 Vader yet?:confused:

[DSS]Pedr0
11-13-2004, 01:34 PM
New info regarding a new .45 Exclusive.....

http://www.darksidenet.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6

dgauci5
11-13-2004, 01:45 PM
As of last week I've been billed for all of my Flight 1 Sith Mini's, but I haven't recieved my tracking #'s for the Darth Maul Battle damaged yet. The Dooku will be here next week.

dgauci5
11-13-2004, 01:59 PM
Pedr0']New info regarding a new .45 Exclusive.....

http://www.darksidenet.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6
This is one I'll pass on. It looks too cheesy for my taste.

RooJay
12-30-2004, 11:49 PM
I finally managed to get my collection started - thank goodness for Christmas - and these things're awesome! You just can't beat the price for that level of quality and accuracy, and the size is perfect for those of us with a lack of space. I got the Count Dooku, Obi-Wan (AOTC) and the gold version of the Mace Windu saber (not really the one I wanted but it looks cool nonetheless). One of these days when I get some money I gonna have to get the others.
Does anyone know what the edition size is on the gold Mace Windu? I can't find any info on it on MR's website and there's only one up on Ebay. I'm wondering if I have something that's at all 'special' here and if I should just keep it and go and buy the one I want, or just go ahead and try to trade it.

derek10
01-03-2005, 10:32 AM
Well, it is hard to say about the Gold Mini Sabers. I have heard varying degrees of difficulty finding them and getting a good "count" on how many are available. I have read online that 5 percent of the production run of the regular .45 sabers are made as the Gold version. However, it is hard to tell how many of the regular .45 sabers are made because MR hasn't really released that info( to my knowledge). I have found 3 gold sabers at retail (Dooku, Maul, and Kenobi - AOTC). I like the gold sabers but prefer the actual movie versions because they are just that, the actual replicas. If you are interested in selling it, I would be willing to listen to a price. Obviously if you do a search on ebay the golds command a higher value than the regulars. Sorry for teh long post, I hope this helps. If you need anything else, let me know and I can try to help. I collect all of the .45 Scale sabers. I like them alot!

RooJay
01-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks, I'll keep all that in mind.

Normally I wouldn't worry about it's monetary value and I'd just go after the one I wanted, but money has been a serious issue for me of late. I'd hate to just let it go if it turns out to be on the more valuable end. If that makes any sense.

Jayspawn
01-05-2005, 10:07 AM
I've found (and bought) 4 Gold mini-lightsabers to date (Dooku, Maul, Luke & Obi-Wan AOTC) I passed on the regular version as I prefer the actual replicas. But I pickled up the Gold versions for collectibility reasons. Now if only I could find Vader & Mace.