PDA

View Full Version : Title and chapter menus a real treat!

Tycho
09-22-2004, 09:01 AM
I love Dagobah and how the chapters are in rocks and packing that Luke is using the Force to lift.

It's one of my favorite menus.

And R2 gets belched out of the bog at you when you play the movie.

Do you like the sound clips during the main menus - like Cloud City, when Han says "Trust me. - etc.?" I'm getting used to them but think they are fun.

Another menu I like is the Freezing chamber. The duel is cool.

The speederbikes are also awesome, as is the Death Star Reactor Shaft Run (ROTJ).

I like the doors on Yavin Base opening and closing. That was also cool.

Does anybody else really appreciate these extra things DVDs do?

JEDIpartner
09-22-2004, 09:49 AM
I really had a blast checking out the menus. I had a little difficulty getting to the "blooper reel" (which could have used some sillier outtakes). I was really impressed at how well they incorporated the options into the surroundsing and all of the detail that went into the scenes. Van Ling rocks.

Slicker
09-22-2004, 12:25 PM
My favorite was the menu of ANH with Han walking into the Falcon's galley area that was a pretty good edit.

JP I have a laptop is there any way that I can access the blooper reel because I don't think I can input the 1138 into the chapter selection or whatever it is.

rbaumhauer
09-22-2004, 07:14 PM
I think you can just go to Chapter 38 on the Extras disk when you play it on a laptop, at least that's what I read a reference to somewhere else.

mini-rock
09-22-2004, 07:21 PM
I agree. Van Ling ROCKS! I really like te menu's and also how all the theme's used carried over into the "scene selecton" and "options" menu's.

Slicker
09-23-2004, 11:46 AM
I think you can just go to Chapter 38 on the Extras disk when you play it on a laptop, at least that's what I read a reference to somewhere else.Thanks I'll give it a try.

Mandalorian Candidat
09-24-2004, 09:38 AM
I think you can just go to Chapter 38 on the Extras disk when you play it on a laptop, at least that's what I read a reference to somewhere else.

I tried doing that on my laptop with three different pieces of DVD software, WMP, PowerDVD, and InterwinDVD. They wouldn't let me access any of the chapters that way. It works with the EP1 and 2 discs because the reels are on the first discs, but the bonus discs don't seem to work that way...or maybe I don't know what I'm doing. :confused:

Slicker
09-24-2004, 10:41 AM
I couldn't get mine to work either. Could someone possibly let me know what's on the footage?

MrMet
10-02-2004, 10:15 PM
I couldn't get mine to work either. Could someone possibly let me know what's on the footage?

Bloopers and Outtakes

Rocketboy
10-02-2004, 10:21 PM
You're not missing much. They kinda suck (especially compared to the ones Episode I and II).

Mandalorian Candidat
10-04-2004, 08:38 AM
I tried doing that on my laptop with three different pieces of DVD software, WMP, PowerDVD, and InterwinDVD. They wouldn't let me access any of the chapters that way. It works with the EP1 and 2 discs because the reels are on the first discs, but the bonus discs don't seem to work that way...or maybe I don't know what I'm doing. :confused:

Finally got mine to work on WMP. You don't start the movie/DVD to access the bloopers. Before pressing play, move over to the chapter listing and double click on Chapter 38. It should go right to the reel.

Yes. Those menus are pretty slick. The jawa sandcrawler menu on ANH with the exploding R5-D4 was hilarious.