PDA

View Full Version : Now that you can easily find any chapter in the OT that you want, what do you watch?

Tycho
09-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Just a few minutes ago, I just flipped on the part where Luke catches his lightsaber on the skiff and all hell breaks loose as he takes on Jabba's henchmen and a Jedi ATTACKS!

Then I watched the speederbike chase and the start of the Ewok Battle and some of the ship-to-ship combat from ROTJ.

The sound effects are amazing and the clarity is unreal!

I especially like being able to magnify and zoom in on any background image or detail and check stuff out.

I noticed "the Emperor's slug" is gone, though I didn't watch every part of him sitting in the chair.

Anyway, do you know how seriously cool it is to have the classic trilogy all digital and having any scene available at your finger tips?

Truly Cool Dude!

Slicker
09-23-2004, 01:02 PM
I'm gonna have to watch the entire Trilogy again this weekend because the first two times that I watched I was too busy looking at every detail of the movies and finding tons of stuff that I had never seen before. Also it gives me an excuse to watch them again.

stillakid
09-23-2004, 02:07 PM
Anyway, do you know how seriously cool it is to have the classic trilogy* all digital and having any scene available at your finger tips?

*edited for television. Keep out of reach of children. Some assembly required. Some settling may occur during shipping. Keep away from open flame. Not recommended for those with heart trouble or pregnant women. Keep all hands and feet inside car at all times.

;)

I've had the Hong Kong versions (Star Wars 2.0) on DVD for awhile now. While I don't have 3.0 yet (soon), I do hope to add 1.0 in the near future (burned from Laser Disks). Then it's just a waiting game until 4.0 after ROTS has its run. :)

Kidhuman
09-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Keep away from open flame. :)

I say burn 'em. And not make illegal copies

2-1B
09-24-2004, 05:11 AM
So far I have just used them to revisit the newest changes but over time there are definitely some specific scenes I'll use the chapters for -

the Bounty Hunters in ESB
Vader's unmasking
Lando's introduction ! ! !
the Sarlaac as Tycho mentioned
start with Vader's ROTJ arrival and then skip through the Threepio - Jabba intro

stuff like that.

But for now I'm pretty much going through the films whole or going back to revisit the new improvements.