PDA

View Full Version : Lightsabers

Jek Porky 2002
09-23-2004, 02:29 PM
I've only recently returned to these forums so I appologise if this has been covered before!!

But..

What lightsaber will Anakin use in Episode III? I was really hoping that when he duals Obi-Wan it would be a blue on blue battle, but judging from the incomplete footage that I have seen he will be using a red lightsaber by this point.

Is this the case? Will he start the film using the blue saber that Luke inherits in ANH and transfer to red mid-way through the movie? Or will he wait untill he is fully Vaderised before revealing the red saber?

Beast
09-23-2004, 02:42 PM
According to the info we're getting, it will be a blue on blue lightsaber battle. The stick that Anakin is using for his dueling is just red by coincidence. He doesn't build his red Lightsaber until after he's become Darth Vader. He'll duel Obi-Wan with the blue one, which Obi-Wan will take after Anakin appears to die. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
09-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Thanks Jar Jar!

Some things never change, you are still the font of all knowledge!!

Beast
09-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Just passing on what I read. Also they may have used the red stick so they know for sure what side the saber is supposed to be on when they clash. For when they add in the animated saber blades over the sticks. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
09-23-2004, 04:44 PM
if you watch the episode 3 stuff on the new DVD's obi wan also is sometimes seen with a red bladed "stick", so that proves it has nothing to do with the color his blade will be in the film.

also, in the video game section, there is "artwork" showing anakin and obi wan fighting in episode 3 with blue blades, plus if you pause on the close ups, you can see hayden is holding the saber luke has in episodes 4 and 5.

Pendo
09-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Blue on blue will be cool :D! I've wanted to see that for a while. It will make the action more confusing and intense :D.

PENDO!