PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Bloopers

BanthaPoodoo
09-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Found a site I thought you guys might like. It's a listing of various bloopers & mistakes that got into the movies. Pretty neat stuff!

http://www.egosystem.com/starwars/bloopers.htm

B'Omarr Monkey
09-23-2004, 11:32 PM
Quite a number of these I've noticed, others seem to go way beyond nitpicky analysis. This guy must have watched each movie frame by frame looking for tiny mistakes like teh stuff with the stormtroopers helmets.

It will be interesting if he updates it now that clearer paused images and with zoom capabilities are available with the DVD release. I'd like to see his picks from AOTC as well.

With the DVDs I feel somewhat compelled to find that sneaker and that potato!

JEDIpartner
09-24-2004, 08:43 AM
...and don't forget the piece of chewed gum that stood in for another Mon Calamari vessel. :D

Slicker
09-24-2004, 10:52 AM
I've never heard of the chewed gum before, very interesting. If you get the Star Wars Insider (that's probably a stupid thing to ask) I recall about a year or so ago someone sent in a picture of the sneaker that kinda looked like it could've been it. I can't really describe the scene but if the picture is correct they disguised it really good.

Some of those so called "bloopers" were a bit too much of a stretch to call bloopers. Most were just production errors.

BanthaPoodoo
09-24-2004, 02:13 PM
And a couple other sites that have stuff I would have never even thought to look for:

http://www.theforce.net/episode1/hidden/hidden_stuff_page_01.shtml

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/atkinson/948/eggindex.html

This is gonna make watching the movies even more fun for me!

JEDIpartner
09-24-2004, 02:29 PM
Errors, in-jokes and fudges... :)

El Chuxter
09-24-2004, 02:32 PM
There's some that LFL officially denied, but which I think are still true (but for some reason not officially acknowledged). For instance, in the podrace bleachers, you can see Indiana Jones climbing the stairs for a second or two.

B'Omarr Monkey
09-24-2004, 11:45 PM
I've never heard of the chewed gum before, very interesting. If you get the Star Wars Insider (that's probably a stupid thing to ask) I recall about a year or so ago someone sent in a picture of the sneaker that kinda looked like it could've been it. I can't really describe the scene but if the picture is correct they disguised it really good

Yeah, I remember that. It was a bit like those Loch Ness monster photos, though, only not as convincing. Like, Nessie, I'll believe it when I see it for myself. :)

B'Omarr Monkey
09-24-2004, 11:55 PM
There's some that LFL officially denied, but which I think are still true (but for some reason not officially acknowledged). For instance, in the podrace bleachers, you can see Indiana Jones climbing the stairs for a second or two.

The fortune city link above has a picture of the Indiana Jones shot, so go figure. Then again, ILM has been instructed to officially deny that Greedo ever shot first, that anyone but Ian McDiarmid ever played the Emperor, and that Sebastian Shaw was ever depicted in spirit form at the end of ROTJ. ;)

megaprime33
09-30-2004, 07:44 AM
My favorite is a potato as an asteroid in ESB.

Val Da Car
09-30-2004, 08:42 AM
I caught something last night while watching TESB.

When Luke is healed on Hoth and coming out to the Falcon, there are THREE pilot running behind Luke and one of them slips but in the editing Luke covers this.

The three pilots are running from the right to the left and he starts slipped and the big OOOOO but he does not fall.....it is funny.