PDA

View Full Version : So, who's going to get the rehashed Vader, Dooku and Mace?

Turbowars
09-23-2004, 09:16 PM
I plan on it. I really like the new packaging. I can't wait to see them!

DarthBrandon
09-23-2004, 09:43 PM
I'd like to get Mace & Possibly Dooku as I missed them the first time around.

Kidhuman
09-23-2004, 09:48 PM
I think I will get the Vader. Not to interested in the other two.

Rocketboy
09-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Vader and Mace definitely. Saw them a total of 3 times before.
Dooku bores me.

jedi master sal
09-24-2004, 10:20 AM
I'll get one of each. I already have them on the former packaging. I really like the new packaging, so yes, I'm getting these just for the new style graphics. Yes, it's a sickness, but I'm a graphic designer, so it makes sense (in a strange way-you'd have to be me I guess...)

-Sal

zachatack
09-26-2004, 12:02 AM
I am definitely getting them. They are the only ones I need, except for Darth Maul. Does anyone know if they are just re-issuing one Vader or the variant as well. Thanks, and if anyone knows where I can get a Darth Maul, please let me know.

Turbowars
09-26-2004, 10:03 AM
As of now I believe that it's the 1st release of Vader that will be repackaged. It sure wouldn't be hard for Hasbro to do a head swoop though.

As for the Maul, well he was a dime of dozen when he was released and i bet you could find one on e-bay for a great price. Most collectors didn't care for this one anyways and the line almost ended there.

Here's some auctions for you,

http://search.ebay.com/unleashed-darth-maul_Star-Wars_W0QQbsZSearchQQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQc oentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR2QQsacategor yZ2477QQsbrftogZ1QQsocolumnlayoutZ3QQsocomparecolu mnlayoutZ1QQsofocusZbsQQsorecordsperpageZ50QQsosor torderZ2QQsosortpropertyZ2QQsotrZ2

Darth Grifter
09-27-2004, 01:58 PM
i'll probably pick up dooku and vader, seeing that i missed them and i'm an opener...packaging is cool, but i display the figs open, so i could care less about that...

El Chuxter
09-27-2004, 02:09 PM
At the Comic Con, the reps from Hasbro said that there were only plans to release the first Vader at this point. If they decide to release the second, I'll get it. I love the new packaging, but I open everything, and $15 each is too much to pay for just the package.

Reefer Shark
09-27-2004, 03:51 PM
I'll get the Vader just 'cause I'm a Vader freak and I know the packaging will look awesome. I already have all of 'em opened up, so I'll pass on the others.

SBrooks1
10-02-2004, 08:42 AM
I'm definately buying them all. I missed them the first time around too and I open all mine so I can't wait. It would be funny if they re-release the Vader with no helmet because a bunch of high priced auctions on eBay would be worthless then; unless you're a MOC collector. :)

mrpauldeeds
10-02-2004, 11:49 PM
im getting them. i think the new bubble on the unleashed and the action picture on the card go well together. To me its the best card that hasbro has ever thought of. and thier name on the bubble to is cool. i missed vader and mace 1st time round, so those are defintie, i got the dooku, but got to have to complete collectoin you know?? i got that sickness..... (master sal) :frus:, lol just gotta have it even though i already have it, just cuz the packeging is different.

AngmarKing
10-14-2004, 07:54 AM
I'll get Dooku, as him and Redemption Vader, are the only ones I'm missing.

DarthChuckMc
10-14-2004, 09:30 PM
I'll get them. I never really thought about buying them, mainly because of the price, and lack of room. My girlfriend however, LOVES the Unleashed "style", so I'm sure WE'LL get them to fill in some of the holes.

Hellboy
10-16-2004, 03:41 PM
I'll be passing. Bought all 3 when they first hit and later sold Vader to a friend when I decided to open all of them and realized I really didn't care for him. Mace is great though and Tyranus remains one of my favorites in the line.

Jayspawn
10-28-2004, 09:17 AM
The Vader and Dooku Unleashed are my top favorites! I missed Mace so I'll pick him up when he shows.

Cant wait for the Stormtrooper!

OC47150
11-03-2004, 03:29 PM
I missed these the first time around. I'd like to get Mace and Vader; the jury is still out on Dooku.

Rocketboy
11-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but Habro.com (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/id.1113/dn/default.cfm) has updated with the new packages.

Also, the Vader has 2 heads, so it looks like we'll be getting both versions!

Samuel Windu
11-07-2004, 09:25 AM
2 heads?The other is unmasked?I didn't notice that.BTW,this wave was avaliable now here.Wonder why this wave came earlier than IG-88 wave???

Rocketboy
11-07-2004, 07:03 PM
2 heads?The other is unmasked?I didn't notice that.BTW,this wave was avaliable now here.Wonder why this wave came earlier than IG-88 wave???
I'm assuming it is both versions of the Vader mask (one being half removable). Either that, or they're including the head of Hayden Christiansen. :D

And I believe this wave was announced and scheduled before the IG-88 wave.

sumdumchum
12-04-2004, 06:59 PM
I passed on Dooku and Mace when they fist came out. I got both versions of Vader when they put those out, but ended up selling them since I needed the cash and now I'm sorry I did. So now I'll be getting all 3 and by the way I don't know why the website says there's an interchangeable head because I opened Vader just today and there's only one in the package. Anyone care to explain? Thanks

TheDarthVader
12-05-2004, 01:00 PM
I have the first two Vaders on the first card. I will get the new Vader on the new card only. Sorry but I love the look of the new cards, and Vader is my favorite SW character...couldn't you tell? So I will pass on Mace and Dooku. The only unleashed figures I have are the aforementioned and a new card Darth Sidious.

B.
TDV

InsaneJediGirl
12-18-2004, 07:41 PM
I am getting the Vader because I couldnt find him the first time.Darth Vader is also my favorite character,so even getting two would be awesome as bookends :D Hopefully these will make a better run in stores so I can actually find one :)

OC47150
12-29-2004, 06:17 AM
I've bought Vader in the last week. Mace and Dooku are showing up with some regularity so I plan to get them, too.

Kyle Katarn
12-29-2004, 04:56 PM
I want to get them but first I need to get some money, in Christmas I used almost all my money.

zachatack
12-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Got all three of them this week. Found Dooku and mace easily, but Vader was a harder find. Eventually got it. Found them alll at Wal*Mart for $14.88 a piece. I think they look great. Now I have all of them except the Vader Unmasked. Any plans for Hasbro to re-release that one?

mastermatt24
12-31-2004, 07:02 PM
I just opened my Aayla Unleashed and boy am I glad I did. :D She looks great next to my blue iMac.
I have all of the other 3 but I dont know if I want to open them. Is Bossk worth opening? How about the Tusken?

2-1B
01-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Matt, I certainly am glad that I opened my Bossk. :)

Last night I scooped up the new Vader. I never did see him the first time around so I thought I better get him now.

mastermatt24
01-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Matt, I certainly am glad that I opened my Bossk. :)

Is it really that good? I mean he looks good and I want to open him but I dont want to find out I opened a thing that is worth $2oo in the long run..
(action fleet :cry: )

Turbowars
01-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Is it really that good? I mean he looks good and I want to open him but I dont want to find out I opened a thing that is worth $2oo in the long run..
(action fleet :cry: )

All the Unleashed are worth opening.
Non of them will be worth anything close to 200 in the long run
Collect a loose and carded collection like I do to avoid your dilemma.:D
Action fleet was a different story, we already know that the next wave of Unleashed are on a ship from China. ;)

mastermatt24
01-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Collect a loose and carded collection like I do to avoid your dilemma.:D

Lol. I would love to but you wouldnt want to see my closet or garage!! Im running out of room!! :(

TheDarthVader
01-10-2005, 11:37 AM
I still haven't found the new Vader, but I am going to be patient. I will eventually find him! I also found a new card slave Leia about three months ago at Target and bought it! She is awesome. Hopefully I can track down the new card Vader. :)

B.
TDV

OC47150
01-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Check WMs, too, DV. I picked mine up at WM before Christmas. WM is just starting to carry the Unleashed.

The Vader/Dooku/Mace wave is plentiful at the Targets I'ved visited in the last few weeks.

Old Fossil
01-12-2005, 11:28 PM
I finally broke down and bought Dooku and Mace tonight. Holy crap -- I can't believe how cool these figures are! Until tonight, the only Unleashed figure I owned was Boba Fett. I like Fett, but I have to say that these two impress me more. The sculpts, the paint apps, the overall attention to detail... amazing. Two of each of Dooku and Mace have been on the pegs at my Wal-Mart for nearly two weeks now... thank goodness no one scooped them up, like they did the Vaders. They've got to be two of the coolest out of the entire series! Dooku is like a dark storm cloud with blue lightning, and Mace looks ready to leap off his Geonosian arena base.

I'm really beginning to get hooked on the Unleashed line, at long last.

Val Da Car
01-22-2005, 07:20 AM
Just got Mace and he is awesome along with my clonetrooper SGT.

My wife even likes him and she is picky about items I get.