PDA

View Full Version : E2 Toys (SPOILERS!) - Merry Christmas!

StarWarsToys
12-24-2001, 10:40 PM
This is my first post here so I thought I would make a grand entrance! :D

Here is a picture of Amidala, Zeek, R2 Unit and Tusken Raider from Episode 2!!!

Since SirSteve is not allowed to post the Episode 2 pictures, please see this post:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=27655#post27655

derek
12-25-2001, 12:59 AM
thank you very much sir! may i have another?!

again thanks!

the face on padme looks kind of plain. i was hoping for more with the real scan. and it looks like a one pose figure.

the reek looks cool, but i can see it warming shelves like the opee sea fish.

keep 'em coming.;)

Fulit
12-25-2001, 11:13 AM
AmidalCroft, that's funny. She does look a little Tomb Raider-ish.

Droidlover
12-25-2001, 11:55 AM
Whats with the pink overwash? Did he attack someone and they explode all over him. I really like the droid but the paint job looks weird on him.
I keep hoping that R5D4 will make it into the next batch of toys and maybe an R1 or R3 unit.

Beast
12-25-2001, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Droidlover
Whats with the pink overwash? Did he attack someone and they explode all over him. I really like the droid but the paint job looks weird on him.
I keep hoping that R5D4 will make it into the next batch of toys and maybe an R1 or R3 unit.

Take a lil closer look at that Astromech figure. It is an R3 Unit, notice the clear dome. So, your wish is granted. :) And don't worry, R5-D4 will show up in the E2 line sooner or later. And I expect an R1 droid probably to show up in 2003.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
12-25-2001, 07:20 PM
Pretty sweet! :)

chewie
12-25-2001, 09:38 PM
I like 'em all except for the Reek, but only because its yet another large lizard in the SW universe. *yawn*

sleth
12-25-2001, 10:54 PM
If you look more closely at Padme, you will notice that the arm that appears to be stuck out, isn't permanent. Luckily she has the commtech stormtrooper ball-joint like articulation. All is good cept for the legs.

GNT
12-25-2001, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by sleth
If you look more closely at Padme, you will notice that the arm that appears to be stuck out, isn't permanent. Luckily she has the commtech stormtrooper ball-joint like articulation. All is good cept for the legs.

Thats what I thought too,but not the best quality pictures around so we can't see for sure though!

JEDIpartner
12-26-2001, 09:42 AM
I think I am totally gonna cry! Amidala has that nasty "Aurra Sing" hip articulation and legs that really can't do anything except stand there. The whole thing overall is cool looking, but I really hate those legs!!!

I like the Reek and the R3. Those are really cool.

StarWarsToys
12-26-2001, 10:12 AM
I am glad everyone likes them!!! Well, almost everyone!!
:)

bigbarada
12-26-2001, 10:54 AM
**yawn** Maybe they'll be more impressive when we can see them up close. That Padme figure is definitely dropping off my want list with that goofy pose.:zzz:

JediCole
12-26-2001, 02:54 PM
Personally, I like them all. At first I was prepared to dismiss them as fakes, but upon closer inspection, saw much that made them look too authentic to be custom jobs. This is not to impugne the author of this thread, just because someone finds and posts the pictures does not mean they made them in the first place. Now that should prevent any bad blood I hope. I must say I did not make the connection on the Astromech, that the dome was clear. Finally! I do like the Reek, but then I'm nuts for the creatures of the Star Wars universe. The paint job is excellent, though the coloration (red with yellow/white scales) gives it the appearance of an evil strawberry!

Jargo
12-26-2001, 09:21 PM
STAR WARS EPISODE TWO:
ATTACK OF THE KILLER STRAWBERRIES! :crazed:

I like the Reek. I toned the colour in my PC and he looks fine. more of a mulberry colour than red. i can't see George asking us to take a cherry red attack beast seriously even if he has lost his credibility somewhat. it's a fine piece of sculpting and his legs actually appear to move unlike the Fambaa which is good. I'll buy him to tackle my Rancor.

The astro droid looks like a custom job to me not like a hasbro hardcopy. But then, stranger things have happened at sea.......

Amidala sucks. The pose is awful and look at the size of that thing!!!!:eek: How big is that blaster?!!!

Nice pictures but they didn't look anywhere near finished hard copies to me. And nothing like a finished factory quality product.

The quality of the scans seemed to be the same as the catalog scans so my bet is that they came from the same powerpoint presentation. Just a hunch..... :)

GNT
12-26-2001, 09:32 PM
Hopefully they are just prototypes!

And um the Rancor does come from another planet EJ ;) And Padme is tiny so the blaster would be huge anyway :)

derek
12-26-2001, 09:33 PM
it looks like we finally agree on something regarding padme.:)

i too am kind of un-impressed with her figure. but i'm also unimpressed with everything episode 2 we've seen so far, including the official site photos of E2 obi-wan.

SirSteve
12-26-2001, 10:29 PM
I had to remove this images at Hasbro's request...

Beast
12-26-2001, 10:36 PM
We understand Sir Steve, atleast most, if not all of us managed to copy and save a set to our hard drives. :) I know I did, thank the maker.

Well, we know that you have to follow the big dogs (Hasbro's) rules about all this. But it's nice to know, that you don't like doing it either. Thanks for keeping them up aslong as possible. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
12-26-2001, 10:36 PM
That speaks volumes for their credibility.

StarWarsToys
12-27-2001, 12:27 AM
Ok, since I cannot post the images, here is a link to them! Just click here! (http://www.geocities.com/lets_see_the_toys/)

:D :D

kit fristo
12-27-2001, 03:55 AM
Wasssss up.
The pics look cool.

The reek. the reek looks awsome. i love the colour of him to.
droid. the droid look cool too but what does he do in the movie??
padme. padme look !@#$. the blaster is too big, but that arena thing looks cool.
tusken. i dont know yet.

can you tell me are these toys the final product or they just a draft??

the kit/kaminoian:D :D

Beast
12-27-2001, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by kit fristo
Wasssss up. The pics look cool.
The reek. the reek looks awsome. i love the colour of him to.
droid. the droid look cool too but what does he do in the movie??
padme. padme look !@#$. the blaster is too big, but that arena thing looks cool. tusken. i dont know yet.

can you tell me are these toys the final product or they just a draft??

the kit/kaminoian:D :D

The Reek: Damn Cool. Looks like a fine addition to the beast line, even if he does look like a mad Strawberry

The Droid: Who knows, guess you have to wait and see the movie. I would have to guess, somthing with being shocked. :)

Padme: Of course the gun is huge, it's a battle droid gun and it's Padme. It's not like she's super buffed. And the column is cool.

Tusken Raider (Female) w/ Child: Looks great, hopefully from the way the papoose poncho is, we get to see what they look like underneath. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Obi-Don
12-27-2001, 07:06 AM
Cool pics,keep them coming.

As always some look good and others are alright.Can't wait to see the Jedis.

PloKoon2385
12-27-2001, 07:23 PM
I tried going to the link and it says that it is no longer there. WAAAAAAAAH! I wanna see.....waaaaaaah!:cry: