PDA

View Full Version : Any news of GSJ ?

sicqnus
09-28-2004, 07:34 AM
With "Jeanne" over Florida, it's the fourth hurricane in only 6 weeks for FL residents (!!!). The images from TV reports are impressive (planes flying in the airs ...without pilots or interesting images of flying... boats). :eek:
I hope our friend Good Shot, his family and friends are all ok. :ermm:

Any news anyone ?

Warstar
09-28-2004, 08:50 PM
Haven't heard a thing but it's doubtful he'll have computer access if he was affected. I hope he and his family is ok as well...

My prayers are with you GSJ...

r2dee2
09-29-2004, 03:10 PM
I was getting concerned about GSJ's absence, even before that devastating hurricane overload. We'd not heard from him for months. If anyone hears from him, please do post it here, so we know he and his beautiful family are well.

Thinking about all our OTHER Florida people too.

JediGoofy
10-01-2004, 03:39 AM
I am with r2dee2 and I share her same feelings (like many of you I think). :(

GSJ proved to be such a good person to everybody on this forum, and helped myself so many times, that I consider him a real friend :) (even if imo the internet is still an unexplored world in respect of interpersonal relationships).
I sent GSJ an e-mail a couple of months ago but got no response, so I toyed with the idea to call him by the phone, but I always put aside the idea not knowing the correct social behaviour in this case. I mean, if he was an Italian friend I would call him no doubt, because either there is no problem or if he is in trouble he may fell someone is close to him. But I do not know the meaning of this in the American culture (maybe he may consider a phone call an intolerable intrusion in his privacy). :confused:
Anyway I think it could be a good idea let him know (in the less intrusive way) there are people (all over the world nevertheless :) ) concerned with him. If I were him I would be pleased. :classic:

Ciao,
JediGoofy

britcit3
10-31-2004, 08:56 AM
It's been a LONNNNNNNNNNNNG time since GSJ posted - that's wierd.

Due to formatting my HD, I have lost his email addy.

Can somebody email him to check that he is OK and let us know that all is well?

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
05-13-2005, 08:23 PM
i am alive and well,

the 1st absence was due to my mom having a stroke, which required quite a bit of my time in the bahamas. my parents had retired there some time ago, which of course makes tending to medical emergencies tough.

my mom's condition made things very tough on my dad, so i spent quite a bit of time with them. this of course made things difficult on the home front, but the jansen clan mangaged well.

my 2nd very prolonged absence was due to several medical problems affecting my dad. these seemed to come fast and furious, one after the next, and quite frankly, i just didn't have the time, and eventually lost the interest to log on to the site, due to my parents health situations.

then of course the major whammy occured.......hurrican francis and jeanne.

the jansen household survived fine, we only lost elect. for a week or so. my parents home in the bahamas, was a different tale. both storms came directly over grand bahama island (freeport), my parents home of many years, pretty much gutting everything they had spent their lives waiting for :(

i didn't mean for my absence to extend as long as it did, (particularly now, after i have read through the entire r2d2 post :cry: ), but dealing with my homeless parents, and trying to help them through the distraught of losing everything they had invested in their retirement, i just didn't feel the gentle allure of micro machines for the past year and a half :ermm:

as an update, the house right behind mine came on the market this february, and after long and lengthy discussions with the family (nuclear), and the 'rents (fissonary :eek: ), they have purchased the home right behind mine :eek: :eek: :eek:

(any references to the romano's, which btw, my sister is hackin' up a major lugi in new yawk citay with delight over that analogy, will be dealt with harshly :frus: )

anyway, this past monday, was the 1st time that i even looked at the site since last spring, and of course i was shocked, and saddened to read about marilyn. i have spent the past 4 or 5 days reading through every post in that thread, and then, i went back, and tried to read every post that she had made over the past 4 + years. (i wish we still had a record of the old ssg boards before we changed the format, she was a much more frequent poster back then)

anyway, my firm was very gracious over the past year in allowing me to be mia for months at a time, i am now back full time in the hollywood/ft laud area, and can be reached via my old usual channels.

Kidhuman
05-14-2005, 01:07 AM
I am glad all worked out well GSJ. Good to have you back.

britcit3
05-14-2005, 04:07 AM
Welcome home GSJ - good to have you back (was beginning to think that you were a gonner!!).

BC3

PS If you need any help with any aquisitions that you may have missed over the last year or so, they please don't hesitate to ask, as per.

JediGoofy
05-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Hi GSJ! :D
I am so pleased to type your name again in a post on these boards!
Welcome back, really welcome back!
As you can see in the past threads many times we thought to you in a past. This is because you have been so friendly that a lot of people feels you are more than a simple poster in the forum.
So welcome to the MM home again my friend! :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. As you can see something is slowly moving in the MM and AF world. Many of us are disappointed by the Titanium Series and the Target exclusive micro vehicles and playsets, but it is at least something, and I am still supporting these lines with the hope that maintaining them alive we can expect something better in the future. :classic: No? :stupid: ;)

sicqnus
05-14-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm glad to see that our friend Good Shot' is back in business. ;-)
I hope things are getting better for you and your family.

There's an emptyness inside of most of us because of the loss of R2 then It's really a good news to hear from you.

good shot jansen
05-14-2005, 10:21 AM
i have been spending most of last night, and quite bit this morning, reading up on all that i have missed by being away.

i have been so removed from the mm world, i wasn't even aware of things like titanium series, the johnny lightning treks, nor the bsg action fleet sized vehicles, bsg konami's and all of the recent (recent for me at least) waves of romando and frutura.

i'm very excited that there may be a bit of groundswell happening, that might just lead to the full scale production of easy to find, non exclusive, mm sized sci fi toys again.

i went to hasbro and filled out the titanium series survey - that's a very encouraging step for the rhode island moster to take!

but i most wanted to say thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. as i read back through the last year of posts, i kept seeing my name popping up along with a genuine concern for my well being. thank you very much. it meant so much for me to read those thoughts and wishes.

my parents house (rigt behind mine, we even put a gate between the two properties :eek: ) is currently being renovated for their particular taste. they are in stable health (actually my mom has recovered amazingly well from her stroke), my dad can nonlonger walk on his own, and gets around on a scooter, (which of course, i can't keep the kids from swipin' and tearin' off through the neighborhood on lol ). he is scheduled to have a knee replacement (both knees), and then a hip replacement proceedure as well.

i am hoping that the storms of last year, stay in last year, and that we do not have as active a hurricane season.

it's been like forever since i cruised down a toy aisle in walmart or target. (what happened to tru?) i will try and do that over the next week, and if i find any titanium, or playsets that folks are asking for, i will of course be more than happy to bag, and send on their proper way.

at present, i am not collecting anything new for myself, mason who is now 11 (wow, i started posting on the buzz board when he was 2 :eek: )...........

np: zero mostel original broadway cast album fiddler on the roof - sunrise sunset.......................

anyway, he no longer plays with his action fleet and micro machines, i have put the action fleet up in a closet, and the micro machines i keep in my bedroom, and play with them from time to time. so as fer me, i purty much have all that i need. (tho, thoses konami bsg's are dayum tempting! :) )

after dealing with situation after situation this past year, it actually is very soothing and theraputic to be once again posting on the forum.

thanx guys for being here, even when i wasn't...........................

SWAFMAN
05-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Welcome back, GSJ. Was confused & concerned at your sudden and mostly unexplained absence. Relieved to read your update, and all best wishes for your parents and everyone at the new, Branch Jansen-ian Compound. ;)

good shot jansen
05-14-2005, 04:51 PM
hey swaffy!

glad to be back,

i do apologise for disapearing in such a whoosh, unfortunately for quite a bit of the time when i was with my folks at their home i had no way of even accessing e-mail let alone an internet connection. and then the trying times of having to help my parents sort through the ruins of their house after francis and jeanne was at times to great to even bear.

but now that they are here in florida (actually right now their back on their island finishing up required business), and moving into my backyard, (i can't believe i told em the house behind me was for sale, they were so close to purchasing one several blocks away......da heck was i thinking :confused: ), i am glad to find that i have a refuge here at ssg, when i need to take a break from my world.

i have been reading fast and furiously through all posts dating back to last year, and hopefully by thanksgiving will be caught up :crazed:

branch jansen-ian compound, lol!!!!!!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Good to have you back GSJ and just in time with the mini-renaissance MM collectors are having with the resurgence of the line, albeit not exactly like the old days.

Sorry to hear about the bad breaks that have befelled your family. Being with them is certainly the first priority we have. Best wishes for you and them!

JediTricks
05-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Glad to have you back GSJ. :D I've said a bunch of stuff at you already in other parts of the forums, so I won't repeat myself, but it is nice to have a dedicated MMer return to the clubhouse. ;)

2-1B
05-16-2005, 03:37 AM
GSJ, I read your recent update posts and I am sorry to hear about all the misfortune your family has experienced. Good luck with everything and welcome back !

JediGoofy
05-16-2005, 05:34 AM
i have been so removed from the mm world, i wasn't even aware of things like titanium series, the johnny lightning treks, nor the bsg action fleet sized vehicles, bsg konami's and all of the recent (recent for me at least) waves of romando and frutura.

Besides those you mentioned, are you aware of the Konami U.F.O. and Space 1999 vehicles?
Being you enough "old" to remember the shows (like me, by the way ;) ) you may be interested in them. I own them and I may assure you they are very high quality and among the few renditions of those vehicles.
Highly recommended. :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

good shot jansen
05-16-2005, 08:13 AM
i did manage to get some of the konami ufo and spac 1999 sets. they are indeed very nice.

the ufo interceptor is amazing in it's detail. when i was a kid, i ahd a dinkey interceptor which i loved. the funny thing about that dinkey interceptor was the kermit green color, why on earth did dinkey go with that metallic green???, when i was a lad i would watch the show (as i recall it was on saturday nights at 7:30), and whenever they would show those white interceptors taking off from the moon base, i would look at my dinkey interceptor, (oh like that sounds real good :eek: ), and wonder when we would ever see a green one on the show. i always thought it would be some kind of special interceptor, but i don't think they ever showed a lime green metallic one on the show.

i also remember dinkey made a thunderbirds 2, originally it was a matte green like on the show, but at some point in the production run, they changed the paint to a metallic green, and at one point as i recall then changed it to a metallic blue :confused:

whatever any of that has to do with the knomai releases i have no idea, i think i'm responding on the age thing you brought up :cheeky: cause brother am i ever old :kiss:

vulcantouch
06-04-2005, 04:55 PM
other day a giGunda box arrived w/following note:

(vt),
these are items which have been here in my office for some time. as mason no longer plays with em (waited too long :( ), i know they will get a good home with you!
all the best
(gsj)

so, lmk which if any of these yall'd be interested in and they could be yours for the cost of shipping :) ("could" cuz it'll depend on who asks first, who's already getting stuff from me (for efficient shipping's sake), whether i want anything (specified below) etc. i imagine bjr'll take most of what isn't asked for here, and then i might try using what remains as tradebait :)
contents as follows (unopened unless otherwise specified), lmk if need further details:
3 8-ship pewter stmm sets: TV I, TV II & Movies
2 7-ship bronze swmm sets: "enterprise lineage" and "alien" sets
opened 16-ship stmm set #1, minus ent-a
shrinkwrapped bronze swmm collector gift set; 15 ships/12 figs
19-ship swmm master collection (while i already have all contents, might like the box from this :) )
opened swmm galaxy battle collector set: tie, dvt, falcon, y, x, isd, tiepilot & rebpilot; missing storm, dv, han & luke figs
swmm galax battle cs, 2nd edition: x, tie, snowsp, atat, rebtransp, falcon, nein, leia, luke, han/taun, atstdriver, tie-pilot
sw tomy japan figurines: 3 unopened (thus contents unknown; i'll open if anyone here expresses curiosity), and opened yoda, bfett & 2x luke on jabbarge
opened konami alien figurines from wave 1 & 2: apc (considering this for myself; nice sharp hull shapes, but mm version's topgun retracts And wheels roll- unlike on this one), newborn, '92 new alien, chestburster, queen, dog alien (instructions missing but assembly's simple) and 2 each of '79 alien, warrior, new warrior and facehugger
konami thunderbirds veh/dioramas- five wave2s unopened (thus contents unknown; i'll open if anyone here expresses curiosity), and opened wave 1s: elevcar, transmitter/truck, lasercutter/excavator, jetair/firefly and excavator (from wave 2)

as per common japan retail practice, the tomys & konamis were packaged w/lil candies but I'M eatin those :p
so gsj, tell us the tale(s) of how you came by all these odds & ends :) also plz tell how cum you didn't enclose any xtra tomyships (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=25983) while you was at it ;) meanwhile thanx for the shipment, an honor to be entrusted :)
vt

Kidhuman
06-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Wrong forum, please delete JT or GSJ...Thanks.

good shot jansen
06-05-2005, 02:32 PM
kh - Wrong forum, please delete JT or GSJ...Thanks

ummmmmm, actually it is the correct forum. vt is responding to the threads title, any news of gsj?. and he is reportin' about an unannounced parcel i had sent in his direction containing mm goodies for either his enjoyment or to disperse as he see's fit. (which still falls under the "his enjoyment" catagory. :) nonetheless, it is indeed gsj news :classic:

Kidhuman
06-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Actually, I was refering to the post prior to the edit. :D :beard:

JediTricks
06-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Wrong forum, please delete JT or GSJ...Thanks.
Hey, don't delete me! You can delete GSJ though. ;)

I knew what KH meant GSJ, the post I quoted above meant for one of us to delete THAT post, but now I'm not gonna because otherwise these 3 posts won't make any sense. :p

2-1B
06-07-2005, 02:45 AM
lol I thought the same as GSJ, I thought KH was laying down the law and saying Jansen's post had to go. lol

vulcantouch
06-15-2005, 12:43 PM
y'all made gsj forget about my inquiry above ;) meanwhile i forgot to mention he also enclosed konami 2-pak that has s.i.d. (space intruder detector) and fireball xl-5 :)
doesn't anyone here want Any of this stuff? ok then, i can just give it all to b'jr ;)

vulcantouch
06-30-2005, 12:55 PM
. . .since no one's axed for anything listed above i turned the following over to b'jr the other day:
opened 16-ship stmm set #1, minus ent-a
opened swmm galaxy battle collector set: tie, dvt, falcon, y, x, isd, tiepilot & rebpilot; missing storm, dv, han & luke figs
opened sw tomy japan figurines: opened yoda, bfett & luke on jabbarge
opened konami alien figurines from wave 1 & 2: apc, newborn, '92 new alien, chestburster, queen, dog alien (instructions missing but assembly's simple) and 2 each of '79 alien, warrior, new warrior and facehugger
opened konami thunderbirds veh/dioramas: elevcar, transmitter/truck, lasercutter/excavator, jetair/firefly from wv1 and wv2 excavator
so if anyone wanted any of those, you'll now have to negotiate w/b'jr for em (thru me as usual); meanwhile he axed me to pass along his Big thanx to gsj for this stuff, he's expecially diggin the impressively-detailed alien & t-bird minis :cool:
vt