PDA

View Full Version : where did all the forum users go?

derek
12-25-2001, 11:44 AM
on the old forums, at any given time, well over 100 browsers were using the forums every time i visited. since the change over to the new(and improved) forums, there is only a fraction of users present. what happened to the traffic? or were they all phantom browsers like deckard smith?

Bel-Cam Jos
12-25-2001, 04:44 PM
Cool icon, derek! Are you happy, feelin' glad, have sunshine in a bag? Are you useless (but not for long)? The future, is coming on. :D

I think perhaps the numbers were inflated due to the DeckardSmith issue (gotta play conspiracy theorist!), or Sir Steve himself!

But we're here. Or are we???!?!? :eek:

SirSteve
12-25-2001, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by derek
on the old forums, at any given time, well over 100 browsers were using the forums every time i visited. since the change over to the new(and improved) forums, there is only a fraction of users present. what happened to the traffic? or were they all phantom browsers like deckard smith?

There was a bug in the amount of users visiting at once (in the old forums). Well, not really a bug but rather it recorded all the users viewing the Forums as well as the Price Guide.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-26-2001, 09:56 PM
Well, we are all hear and that is what counts :happy:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-27-2001, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
Cool icon, derek! Are you happy, feelin' glad, have sunshine in a bag? Are you useless (but not for long)? The future, is coming on. :D

Oh, I forgot to add that everytime I am driving and I hear that song come on, I get a sudden, strong urge to veer my car into a creek or a ravine. :dead:

Rollo Tomassi
12-28-2001, 10:33 AM
I think before we were part of a larger group of forums like a wrestling forum and a Pokemon forum and SirSteve broke with all that noise and went solo... so now there's less people on just his little stand alone forum. But I could be wrong...

derek
12-28-2001, 11:09 PM
i was wondering, are those lyrics to a song? from what?

SirSteve
12-29-2001, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
I think before we were part of a larger group of forums like a wrestling forum and a Pokemon forum and SirSteve broke with all that noise and went solo... so now there's less people on just his little stand alone forum. But I could be wrong...

This is incorrect... please see this post:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=27502#post27502

SSG has been and will always be separate from any other toy line. This will always be a Star Wars site.
:)

GNT
12-30-2001, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by SirSteve

This is incorrect... please see this post:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=27502#post27502

SSG has been and will always be separate from any other toy line. This will always be a Star Wars site.
:)

A while ago (before the present board we use),with your one forum account you were able to post on all the "action-on-line" forums,then that all changed and each site went on its own (Still part of "action-on-line" and You had to register for each one now I believe) so everybody went to whichever "action-on-line" site they normally use and post there!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-30-2001, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by derek
i was wondering, are those lyrics to a song? from what?

The name of the band is Gorilaz and the title of the song is, you've guessed it, Clint Eastwood. It is one of those songs that was kinda alright the first time you heard it, but annoys you after 15,000 plays. The creepy and freaky video for the song is animated and the I heard the band spent $20,000 for an animated acceptance speech at the MTV Music Awards but lost, so it never got to air ha! :p

Obi-Don
12-30-2001, 10:53 AM
I will always be a loyal postee here.At the site I have learned more and enjoyed myself more than any other. :D enough of that mush.

derek
12-30-2001, 12:02 PM
thanks for clearing that up. does the song at all reference clint eastwood, or is it just one of those stupid alternative song titles that has nothing to do with the song?

i guess i'm officially getting old if i'm not up on the current music. now whats on fox news.............

jeddah
12-30-2001, 01:23 PM
The creepy and freaky video for the song is animated and the I heard the band spent $20,000 for an animated acceptance speech at the MTV Music Awards but lost, so it never got to air ha

Actually, there's more to this. Gorillaz are a UK collective band much in the same way of the Travelling Wilburys, except these are a lot younger and perhaps less legendary ;) Anyway, Damon Albarn (lead singer from UKs Blur) amongst others comprises the group which were formed as an animated group. i.e they never were going to be seen as their real corporeal forms, only voices:D This is why the acceptance speech was animated, the reason for it being cut is because the ethos behind Gorillaz is to vex the current unfair recording industry system (If you are familiar with the band members you'll know all this already). As these awards ceremonies are sponsored by huge industrial players such as EPIC/WARNER/VIRGE etc, well it got hoyed oot!:eek:

The band are disingenous about their identity, however as they perfom live gigs....:rolleyes:

jeddah