PDA

View Full Version : Spaceballs 2

Pendo
09-28-2004, 07:39 PM
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18513

I really hope this happens, and here's some stuff I think would be fun if Mel Brooks incorporates into the sequel.

First off he should make it a prequel. It'll still be "Scapeballs 2" but set it before the first movie, or call it "Chapter One" in the opening crawl or something as a homage to the Star Wars prequels, etc...

Because of the sad passing away of John Candy :( they should make Barf a fully CGI character, and incorporate that into the jokes of how technology has advanced. We could have Lone Star getting the eye lines wrong ad looking at Barf's chest and Barf can keep pointing to his face to correct Lone Star' eyeline. Or maybe delayed reactions from Lone Star after Barf whacks him with his tail, etc...

New characters including an annoying Jar Jar type character.

We should see Yogurt fight!!!

Dot Matrix could have been made by Dark Helmet as a sex toy or something :ermm:...

And I'm sure there's more Star Wars prequel takes he can make for this movie :D.

It's gonna ROCK! :D

PENDO!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-28-2004, 07:55 PM
What about calling it: "Spaceballs 2: the search for more money" as Yogurt predicted in the first one?!?!??! It will be hard to fill the void left by Candy and i hope they do his character well. A CGI version of him would be really cool, if they did it right.

I can't wait to hear more about this!! :D

woohoo!!

Beast
09-28-2004, 07:56 PM
The rumored title is going to be:

Spaceballs 3: The Search for Spaceballs 2

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
09-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Hope Mel Brooks can pull it off, since his movies pretty much sucked after the first one.

Rocketboy
09-28-2004, 10:43 PM
In theory - Great idea!
In reality - Please, leave it alone. I doubt it'll work.

I remember hearing somewhere that he an agreement with Lucas about never making a sequel. Anyone know if that was true or just a rumor?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-28-2004, 10:55 PM
In theory - Great idea!
In reality - Please, leave it alone. I doubt it'll work.

I remember hearing somewhere that he an agreement with Lucas about never making a sequel. Anyone know if that was true or just a rumor?
I believe the deal was no sequels, no merchandising. Both of which suck, I want figures from the movie!

I think it would be cool, if done correctly. It would either be great or it would suck, hopefully the former.

Rocketboy
09-29-2004, 10:38 AM
I believe the deal was no sequels, no merchandising. Both of which suck, I want figures from the movie!Now that I would love! A McFarlane Movie manaics series would be sweet.

B'Omarr Monkey
09-30-2004, 12:47 AM
I think they should just take the original and special edition it to death, release it directly to DVD with commentary about how Mel Brooks always "meant to" have the movie look this new way, with a supplemental Charlie Rose type historic interview from when Spaceballs was first released in which everything that Mel Brooks says in the commentary contradicts what he says here. :D

Rocketboy
01-20-2005, 04:54 PM
News on the Spaceballs sequel, or what it may have turned into...

Spaceballs Being Retooled for TV
Source: Variety
January 20, 2005

Mel Brooks' wacky 1987 "Star Wars" spoof Spaceballs is being retooled for television via a three-way project involving the producer, MGM TV and German company BFC, reports Variety.

Brooks is partnering with Berliner Film Co., whose principal pitched the idea to the producer some months ago, and with MGM, which owns the rights to the original movie. Variety says the idea is to deliver an animated TV series that takes on the latest wave of sci-fi and fantasy icons, including the "Star Wars" prequels and "The Lord of the Rings."

Brooks will be working with his Producers collaborator Thomas Meehan, who co-wrote the Spaceballs movie, to produce the pilot and supervise the writing of the other episodes.

Brooks will again voice two of the returning characters, President Skroob and Yogurt. He's also voicing a character in 20th Century Fox's upcoming Robots.

Under the agreement with Brooks, BFC and MGM will produce an hourlong pilot and 13 half-hour episodes.

Link (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8004)

Slicker
01-20-2005, 05:16 PM
I don't know 'bout this one. He should just leave a good thing be and do maybe a special edition of Spaceballs or something. He's just gonna cheapen the franchise with a no doubt cheesy cartoon that's going to try and be overly funny and lose the whole meaning of Spaceballs which is, there is no meaning. Bah! on this whole affair.

Pendo
01-21-2005, 11:25 AM
I don't know 'bout this one. He should just leave a good thing be and do maybe a special edition of Spaceballs or something. He's just gonna cheapen the franchise with a no doubt cheesy cartoon that's going to try and be overly funny and lose the whole meaning of Spaceballs which is, there is no meaning. Bah! on this whole affair.
I think making a TV Series would be safer than a sequel. I'd love to have seen a sequel, but agree that it may have destroyed the franchise. At least with a TV Series you don't have to associate it with the movie.

A sequel wouldn't have been the same if Mel Brooks couldn't get Bill Pullman and Rick moranis to return, at least with a cartoon he won't have that problem because the voice isn't as important.

I'm actually quite looking forward to this Cartoon, and I'm not even a cartoon-watcher :).

PENDO!

Beast
01-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Plus going the animated route, they can include 'Barf' even though John Candy has passed on. I'm sure they'll get some decent voice actors for whoever doesn't return to do voices for the series. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
01-21-2005, 05:08 PM
I hope Joan Rivers returns as the voice of Dot Matrix!!!

PENDO!

Rocketboy
01-21-2005, 06:39 PM
They could probably get everyone back to do voices.
When was the last time Rick Moranis or Bill Pullman were seen?

James Boba Fettfield
01-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Turbo recently started a thread in the tv section about this series, so I believe it to be best if everyone would continue any further discussion about the tv series there: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=368478

evenflow
01-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Well I hope that the cartoon is "adult oriented" and not for kids.