PDA

View Full Version : Lost (now with DVD announcement!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Jayspawn
09-29-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey, who else caught the pilot last week for "Lost" on Wednesday on ABC? I thought it was a good episode, good to see Matthew Fox (Party of Five) and Dominic Monaghan (The Lord of the Rings) in a new gig. The second half of the pilot airs tonight!

Anybody else?

mrpauldeeds
09-29-2004, 07:03 PM
I saw it. It was interesting. I want to see this monster thingy, it sounds and looks like a T REX or something. LOL maybe "LOST" is really the new Jurassic Park: The series!!! BIg monsters eating people on an island...who knows. I will watch tonight cuz its been on my mind since last week, that is what the heck this monster thingy is.

RooJay
10-04-2004, 05:17 PM
I'm really loving this show. Of course, some of it seems a bit overblown and slightly melodramatic in terms of character motivations and the like, but it's all good fun. Both episodes so far have left me seriously longing to see where the story goes next! A fascinating, thoroughly engrossing, if slightly guilty pleasure of a show.

I already have some theories about what we may see next if anyone's interested. I'm seriously leaning towards some kind of time trip having been responsible for the plane crash. I'm thinking these folks are not only lost in location, but also in time. At first I was thinking dinosaurs, but after having seen the polar bear I'm thinking they've not gone back quite that far and might actually have been sent back to the last ice age. I'm thinking that the colder climate of an ice age might explain why a polar bear might be found in the tropics where the survivors appear to be; what with animals having migrated farther south and all. I'm sure someone a little more science-savy might be able to explain away that theory, but only if the animal was indeed a polar bear. I'm thinking it might actually have been some sort of prehistoric (and more warm weather tolerant) cave bear. I'm almost willing to bet that there are plenty more types of ice age mega-fauna in them there trees. An ice age could also explain the "day into night, end of the world type weather". This theory might also explain why they couldn't get a signal on the transceiver. Granted, they did finally pick up the signal from the french woman from sixteen years earlier, but that could also mean that this was not the first time someone had fallen through that particular time-warp. Could also mean that they've been thrown forward in time to the next ice age.
I'm hooked and more than ready for the next episode! :D

Bosskman
10-04-2004, 05:31 PM
This show does seems pretty sweet so far. I hope that time travel doesn't come into it though. Anything but time travel. That whole topic seems too phoney for me. I love wednesday nights now. Lost and Smallville. To think that last year wednesday was the most crappy night for TV......

mrmiller
10-04-2004, 09:56 PM
I really like this show too, and am glad it's doing well in the ratings. Otherwise, this is the type of show I watch and get all excited about, then they cancel it without ever resolving the storyline. :frus: Well, at least it's not on FOX so it might have a chance.

=MATT=

Jedi Teacher
10-05-2004, 11:02 AM
I LOVE this show!!! At first I was thinking that it was going to be like Jurassic Park, but when that polar bear showed up last week that totally hooked me. And little Merry as a drug addict?! Fantastic. (I always thought that Longbottom Leaf was addictive!)

My only concern, is how long can the show last? I mean, after a season or two, everybody should either be dead or the mystery of the island would have to be revealed, wouldn't it? As long as it lasts long enough to resolve the plot I'll be happy!

RooJay
10-07-2004, 12:51 PM
I suppose it depends on how many secrets that island holds.

Last night's episode was awesome though. I was a bit surprised to see that it was not the episode that was promoted at the end of last weeks show (the one with the knife hunting). Wonder why? I did want to punch Dr. Jack in the face when Kate decided she wanted to tell him her story and he told her he doesn't want to know! What a maroon! :frus: Not only that, but if she ever does tell anyone her story we wont even know if it's the truth since the only person who could confirm it is dead. Hmm, on second thought that could be pretty interesting constantly having to second guess her motivations. :evil: I also really enjoyed how Locke carved the dog whistle to get Walt's dog to come back and then lets the father make it look like he's the one who found the doggie. I'm really beginning to like Locke, he seems like an great character. I just hope he doesn't die knife fighting polar bears in the next episode!

My brother, who also loves the show, somehow managed to miss last nights episode, but he came up with a hilarious theory when I described the preview for next weeks show to him. I mentioned to him about the scene of the mysterious man in the suit standing at the end of the beach who disappears into the jungle. First thing that popped into his head was that the guy must be the producer/director/host of some kind of twisted reality show that none of the survivors seem to know about! Now that'd be the real Survivor! :D Of course, that got me thinking - what if it turns out the situation really is some kind of reality show where after everyone signed the contracts, they were all implanted with memories of the crash while the truth was wiped from their minds, and then they were deposited amongst the wreckage where they then woke up as unknowing contestants? Wacky! Of course, that'd mean the doctor just killed someone on live television; unless...he's the only one who's in on the secret as a way to eliminate contestants! :D I should state for the record that I don't really believe this, but it's pretty cool anyway. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Hellboy
10-11-2004, 05:40 PM
I'm really enjoying this show as well, actually come to think of it this is the only new series I've committed to watching so far this season. I wish more television series would take advantage of the weekly episode format to tell one cohesive story instead of the 1 hour tie everything up in one or 2 episodes format which seems to be so popular in the overabundance of crime drama shows today. I think thats why I find myself enjoying shows like LOST, Alias and 24 more than anything else on tv. These shows are actually about the characters and how they develop in an extreme situation(s) rather than just the story of the week occupied by the same cardboard characters.

I could be wrong with this prediction but I keep getting the feeling that this island is inhabited by some sort of recluse who collects or breeds exotic animals. I don't think the bear is what tore the pilot from the wrecked cockpit but something else we haven't seen yet, maybe some sort of wild ape or something. Either way this show has definitely got me hooked and I can't wait to see how it plays out.

Oh yeah BTW, how hot is Kate. . .wow! :kiss:

RooJay
10-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey that's a pretty cool theory also! That's what I love about this show, it constantly keeps you guessing. Every new scene causes me to have to completely rethink my theory about what's actually going on!
Good point about that crime show thing, too! It always amazes how all of them have the police solving every crime that comes along and having everything tied up in a nice little package by the end of the show. Are these guys on these shows some kind of supercops that can never leave a case unsolved (in real life some cases are under investingation for weeks, months, even years, and others still are never solved at all!) Why does it seem that there are never any other crimes that occur while another case is still being investigated? If a seperate murder occurs while the cops are busy with the first, do the next set of bodies have to stay in place until the first case is solved and the authorities can move on to the next? If so, then for how long, and what if they get backlogged? :stupid: It'd be really refreshing to see some of these crime shows take on a more serialized style of storytelling like Lost.

Jayspawn
10-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Tonights episode was great! I love the development of John Locke, what a great twist when they showed Locke as being wheel chair bound! When the Guide talked about his dissability I was like "What are you talking about?" Great story!

mrpauldeeds
10-14-2004, 12:10 AM
dang it! i missed tonights (10-13):( i had a paper to write and thought it was on at a diff time. o wellll. gotta see it next week though. can anyone tell a brief over view in this thread about what happend in this weeks? if you can that would be just awsome!!:D

Hellboy
10-16-2004, 03:29 PM
I'm in the same boat. My program guide said the show was airing from 10-11 pm rather than it's usual 8 pm time slot so I set my DVR and proceeded to check out Smallville, which I usually don't get to watch because it airs at 8 too, and when I went to watch LOST last night nothing had been recorded. I tell you I'm really getting sick of how the networks move (or in this case claim to have moved) new shows around or so much. How do they expect to generate a regular following when they keep messing with the air times. :mad: Next thing you know every network will have programming messes similar to the Cartoon Network. :rolleyes:

RooJay
10-16-2004, 10:53 PM
I was a bit disappointed to find out that Locke was not, in fact, the secret agent man I was hoping he was, but this was a great little twist nontheless! It's great to see the guy that always wished he could do all those cool things actually turn out to be the one guy who actually can! Of course, that little revelation has caused me to once again rethink my theories.
It also seems that the mysterious disappearing man that Dr. Jack keeps seeing may in fact be one of his failures as a doctor; a "ghost of the past" if you will. I'm actually thining that it may be a vision of his father whom he apparently failed to save, which might explain why he seems to have lost his faith as evident in this last episode.

RooJay
10-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Okay...maybe they've crash landed on Fantasy Island? Maybe Rourke just hasn't made it around to them yet? I swear that cave Jack found along with his daddy's coffin is the same one the Devil (as played by Roddy McDowell) used to live in; man that was a great show! :D

Not much really seemed to have happened in tonight's episode, except for Jack finally stepping up to the role of leader, but man did the mysteries ever deepen! Boy, did I ever call that "ghost of Jack's dad" thing or what? Sometimes I even amaze myself. :p Wonder what happened to the body? Maybe that's not really his ghost Jack is seeing. Of course, it doesn't really fit if the old man has somehow come back to life. Why would he not have joined the others, and why is it that Jack seems to be the only one that can see him?

I'd also like to take a moment to just say that I think Kate is incredibly frikkin' hot! I wouldn't mind being stranded on a island with her! Just don't tell my lady that (of course I'd much rather be stuck on an island with my honey ;) ). I'm hearing that the lovely miss Evangeline Lilly may actually end up as the new Lois Lane also! She's perfect for the part, in my opinion and I hope that rumor is confirmed. I was hoping for Jessica Biel in the role, but after having come to know Ms. Lilly on Lost she seems an even better choice!

Jayspawn
10-21-2004, 09:07 AM
Well said RooJay, that was a great episode! Without reading the summary I figured Jack was halucinating from lack of food and sleep. Hes always working on stuff instead of eating or resting.

Next weeks episode looks great too! When the Dad and the Korean guy go at it! The Korean Guy has it coming anyway.

Hellboy
10-22-2004, 03:37 PM
This was a pretty good episode. Nice to see Jack step up and take charge, officially.

Since I missed last week's episode could somebody explain the "knives" comment when they were talking about Locke. :confused:

Jayspawn
10-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Theres a suitcase full of knives. Locke was supposed to be going on a trek accross Australia (sort of a big adventure thing) when he showed up to leave for the trip -the trip guides wouldnt let him go because he (Locke), was wheelchair-bound. He could walk so they left him behind. Locke was on a complimentary trip back home when the plane went down. The knives were his from the trip he was supposed to go on.

When he woke up on the island he could walk again!? So Locke has been established as a character now.

Hellboy
10-23-2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks Jayspawn. That explains why he was acting the way he was after the crash. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
10-28-2004, 10:40 AM
Holy crud! Every time this show comes on I have something else come up, whether it be school or some other matter. If I come in on it right now will I be able to get into the main plot line or is it like 24 where you pretty much need to see every (other) episode to keep up with it?

Hellboy
10-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Well Man Can you are right about the serialized format being similar to 24 but unlike that show I think you could jump on now and still be fine. Basically what you'd be missing is just a few of the main character's backstories which have been fleshed out after the actual event that left them stranded. The island is still a mystery and not to much has actually transpired since the actual crash. Plus if you don't understand something completely you could always post a question in this thread and I'm sure someone will be able to anwser it for you. Seeing as how you enjoy shows like 24 I say definitely watch LOST because IMO this is the best show on television right now.

RooJay
10-30-2004, 11:04 PM
I think I have to agree with Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) in the last episode - I was thinking Kate's shirt was full of C's as well! ;)

In all seriousness, though, yet another excellent episode. I'm just starting to get a bit frustrated that now that Jack actually wants to know what Kate's deal is, she's refusing to tell him. It's not even so much that she won't tell him, I just wish she'd at least tell me; I'm dying to know! :frus:

I was also a bit surprised at Sayid's decision to move off the beach and into the caves. He's always seemed rather level headed up until now, and I was certain he'd be one to stick by Jack's side. Besides that could always just walk down to the beach any time they wanted to tend the signal fire.

Turbowars
10-31-2004, 01:41 PM
I have only seen the last 2 episodes, so I didn't see the crash or the thing with the bear. What's up with it being a poplar bear? Anyways I like the show and hope it goes somewhere.

RooJay
11-01-2004, 04:27 PM
E! News Live has been covering the show pretty regularly the past few weeks, and they seem to keep dropping hints that someone we know on the island was not in the crash!? Wonder what they mean by that? They don't really explain much when they make those comments so it's hard to understand whether they mean this in regards to the story or just the behind the scenes of the show. This morning they also mentioned that another character is soon to be added, this one played by some guy I've never heard of that happens to be cousin to Tom Cruise in real life. Very interesting news if you ask me.

Dr Zoltar
11-01-2004, 04:49 PM
I have only seen the last 2 episodes, so I didn't see the crash or the thing with the bear. What's up with it being a poplar bear? Anyways I like the show and hope it goes somewhere.
In the first episode the boy (Jake?) was reading a comic book he found. In it was a picture of a polar bear. The comic is one where The Flash and Green Lantern are "attacked" by an alien only to find out later that it was a miscommunication and the alien is peaceful. According to the writers this particular comic was chosen for a reason.

Dr Zoltar
11-01-2004, 04:55 PM
E! News Live has been covering the show pretty regularly the past few weeks, and they seem to keep dropping hints that someone we know on the island was not in the crash!? Wonder what they mean by that? They don't really explain much when they make those comments so it's hard to understand whether they mean this in regards to the story or just the behind the scenes of the show. This morning they also mentioned that another character is soon to be added, this one played by some guy I've never heard of that happens to be cousin to Tom Cruise in real life. Very interesting news if you ask me.The writers have stated that one of the survivors was not on the plane and has been living on the island for some time. So far the only people we know for sure that were on the plane are:

Kate
Kate's Bounty Hunter
Jack
Jake
Jake's Dog
Michael
Charlie
Loche
Jin
Sung
The Black Lady (I can't remember her name)
Saeid (sp?) -- because they found his luggage

Hellboy
11-01-2004, 06:50 PM
The plot thickens, cool news guys. Pretty interesting if there is indeed a person among them acting as if they were in the crash but were not.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say its the pregnant girl. Crazy theory time . . . :crazed: . . If I remember correctly they said the radio transmission was 18 yrs old so maybe she crashed or somehow ended up stranded on the island when she was a kid and has been living there for most of her life. The person who got her pregnant could be this guy on the island we've yet to see and she's hoping that her and their unborn child get rescued with these survivors to escape him. Hehe . . I know, I know its out there but you never know. :Ponder:

Bosskman
11-02-2004, 04:34 AM
Shannon and Boone were on the plane too. You can see them when Charlie's running to the bathroom. Plus they were talking about the guy who wouldn't let them have their seats in first class saving their life. I'm pretty sure Hurley was on the plane too. He doesn't look like he's been on a deserted island that long to me.

RooJay
11-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Anyone else notice that the only one of the featured characters we have yet to really learn anything about is Sawyer? If there's anything to this rumor of someone not having been one of the crash survivors, I'm betting it's got something to do with him. Come to think of it, the guy's seemed like he's got something to hide from the very beginning. Could be this is why he was so intent on hoarding supplies - maybe he has some special insight as to exactly how dire their circumstances are! The only other person who's background hasn't really been touched on in detail is Hurley, and it's obvious that he's more of the comic relief type (although I'm certain he's got an interesting story to tell as well.)

Mandalorian Candidat
11-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Did anyone notice on last night's episode (11/17) that the bunker chic, Danielle, is the Minbari woman from Babylon 5? Her accent sounded familiar, but I had to check IMDB.com to get her face placed.

RooJay
11-22-2004, 10:04 PM
Woah, Thanks! That one was driving me nuts! I knew she looked familiar and I'm pretty good at figuring those sorts of things out usually, but since I'd only ever watched a few episodes of that show I just could not place her. Too bad Sayid didn't think to ask if she was the one who clonked him on the head when they where trying to tringulate the signal's location. Not that it really matters anymore since he's now found it, but it would've been at least put the issue to rest. I'm actually afraid that it was Locke - if he's going about thinking that he'll only be able to walk while he's on the island he might think he's got a real good reason to never leave. I hope that's not the case, though - he's definitely my favorite character followed closely by Kate, Hurley, and Charlie in a three-way tie.

Jayspawn
11-22-2004, 11:18 PM
The black lady's name is Rose. They havnt' gone back to her yet. Sawyer's Episode was a few weeks ago. He's a conman who had a change of heart just before he was about to rip a family out of a LOT of money. But hes starting to cool it a bit.

Hurley's golf course was funny!

jonthejedi
01-20-2005, 03:09 AM
Kid has comic with polar bear...polar bear manifests itself on island. Whats with the hidden hatch Locke found. And that "beast" sounds an awful lot like T-Rex. This is starting to smack of the "Shore Leave" episode of Trek Classic. Or is it all ED-tv? Any ideas or comments?

OC47150
01-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Locke and Walt's knife lesson reminded me a little of Obi-Wan and Luke and the lightsaber training.

The island is actually a camouflaged Japanese submarine. ;) (Think Gilligan's Island.)

Casting note: Kate's bank robbing episode, the guy she locked lips with was Grady on the Tremors TV show.

What amazes me the most that the survivors have been on the island for how long now and the guys aren't sporting beards? C'mon, after four days I have a good beard going.

vader121
01-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Lost is aggravating to watch. Nothing gets answered and they are all over the place with subplots. The hatch episode last week are intrigueing but nothing was said about it last night. I watch it and will continue to watch it but only for a desperate need for closure on the many questions. Otherwise I honestly am just waiting for it to be good. Kida like a movie that you rent and after 20 mins realize that it stinks but can't shut it off because you already forked over the doe to rent it so you are kinda obligated to watch it. Only movies I just couldn't bvring myself to finish watching were Pulp Fiction and Showgirls. Sorry but those movies SUCKED!

OC47150
01-20-2005, 10:38 AM
The flashbacks do get confusing and annoying sometimes. It's interesting to see what brought everyone to be on the plane.

mastermatt24
01-20-2005, 10:17 PM
What amazes me the most that the survivors have been on the island for how long now and the guys aren't sporting beards?
Yeah! This is the only thing that really bothers be with this show.. Thier hair should be semi dirty the clothes should be dirty/torn, and whats up with the french speaking girl having perfect hair???

Its kinda fun on thursdays my friends and I talk about Lost and we finally realize all of the connections between the things.
*Spolier*
Did you guys catch how Lock giving Walt the pen/pencil thing, Walts dad giving him the old letters with the drawings, Lock saying "He's special", and Walt and his dad are building the raft? I thinks its really interesting the way they fit things together.

Turbowars
01-20-2005, 10:49 PM
They do have razors from all the found luggage you guys.:rolleyes: LOL

What makes me mad, is the constant rerun of the shows. We get 2 new eps and then a rerun. WTF!!

Jayspawn
01-21-2005, 08:32 PM
They all have plenty of luggage they gathered from the wreck -plus they can wash their clothes whenever they want. Charlie seems to be growing his beard out! Jack and Sawyer are a little slow arent they? The constant reruns are annoying. I love the flashbacks! But they're about done with main characters now, they still have Rose and Hurley and.... I think thats about it.

The episode about Michael and Walt was great! I still think Michael is an *** -trying to do things for himself ignoring everybody else. I thought Sawyer and Charlie were gonna have a big ol fight. At least they got to the point. And.... Claire's ALIVE!!! I knew she was! Question, where was she? Did she have the baby?

RooJay
01-22-2005, 04:35 AM
Latest theory: They've all been abducted by aliens and are currently traveling through space on an island within a ship.

My reasoning: there was mention made in the french woman's papers, as translated by Shannon of (paraphrasing as I can't recall the exact wordin) "changing stars" and something of an "ocean of black or something like that (maybe someone here can help me out on this). Obviously these anotations are describing space. The mysterious door or hatch found by Locke and Boone kind of seals the deal for me. Also, the creepy guy may well have wanted Claire's baby because the baby is some type of alien half-breed and he happens to be one of the aliens just trying to make sure the child is born. This latest revelaton about Walt's mysterious 'powers' makes me think that he may also somehow be part of an alien genetics experiment. Perhaps all of the survivors carry latent genetic material as a result of this breeding program. Of course, as is always the case with this show, something could come along at any time and force me to completely rethink my theory. Great show! Even at an hour it still seems to short and the week between episodes seems far too long.

Jayspawn
01-22-2005, 09:27 AM
Nice theory RooJay. But I stick behind the notion that Clarie's Baby belongs to her deadbeat boyfriend who dumped her. But sure is possible that the aliens would need a baby. The island still seems to have killer boars, the huge monster thing and giant polar bears. Hmmmm....

RooJay
01-23-2005, 02:23 AM
I didn't mean to imply that the aliens had actually impregnated her. I still believe (at this point) that her deadbeat boyfriend is the biological father, but in my theory the baby would be the end result of an experiment in genetic manipulation that had occured somewhere else along the line. Ditto with Walt. I would also venture to guess that the aliens had also at some point abducted various animals, including boars, polar bears, and some kind of ginormous frikkin' monster and perhaps others that we have yet to see. ;)

OC47150
01-24-2005, 07:51 AM
Interesting theory, RooJay.

And you'd think, Jayspawn, with all that luggage, more than one book would show up/wash up.

I'd read the actress who plays Claire wasn't a regular cast member and was still listed as a 'guest star.' I was surprised she showed up again.

James Boba Fettfield
03-16-2005, 10:40 AM
I had not posted this before because nothing was revealed except the cover art, price, and release date, but today the official specs were announced for Lost Season 1 on DVD.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3127

Bonus features for LOST: THE COMPLETE 1st SEASON include the never-before-seen, extended uncut version of the original pilot; exclusive, in-depth behind-the-scenes looks at the making of the show; backstage with Drive Shaft all-access pass behind the music; the art of Matthew Fox featurette; 'Before They Were Lost' original casting tapes; blooper reel; rare deleted scenes; and multiple filmmaker audio commentaries. Available for $59.99 for the six-disc DVD.

STREET DATE: SEPTEMBER 6, 2005
Suggested retail price: $59.99 (6 Disc DVD).
Bonus materials unrated and subject to change.
DVD aspect ratio: 1.78:1 Widescreen
Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound

Correct aspect ratio, beautiful sound, some new footage.

I'm excited and I've only seen one episode of the show. I'm a newcomer to the party, but that one show sold me on buying this. It was the episode about the fat guy winning the lottery if anyone wonders.

Jayspawn
03-16-2005, 10:43 AM
Thats a great looking DVD! I may have to get that!

OC47150
04-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Finally watched last week's episode. The death didn't surprise me.

And it's a blasted rerun tonight!!

mastermatt24
04-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Me either- it was really expected.
Theres no way that I would buy that DVD set.. Heck- They are always showing reruns why would you need to buy them?

OC47150
04-13-2005, 03:37 PM
The producers had hinted at a major character's death for some time, but you have to wonder if someone else will die.

mastermatt24
04-13-2005, 03:39 PM
It was either him or claire.. I sure hope locke doesnt die. That would really suck. I also have a stupid feeling that boone will come back. They had something on channel 7 awhile ago and he said they are keeping him on hawaii... :ermm:

OC47150
04-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Locke's my favorite, and Hurley is the show's comic relief.

I did read where Boone will make an appearance in a flashback sequence in the finale.

mastermatt24
04-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Yeah thats what I heard.. I was never to crazy for boone... he was just kinda there, except for the fact that he helped lock :D

Hellboy
04-14-2005, 03:59 PM
I was never to crazy for boone... he was just kinda there, except for the fact that he helped lock :D

Yeah that and the fact that he banged his sister was a bit disturbing. :eek:

OC47150
04-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Yeah that and the fact that he banged his sister was a bit disturbing. :eek:

Step-sister!

mastermatt24
04-14-2005, 04:09 PM
Step-sister!
Yeah.. come on.. it was only his hot blonde step sister... give the guy a break! :D Some times guys think with their.... instead of their heads.

RooJay
04-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Realistically, they could keep Boone on as a regular cast member anyway - what with all the crazy stuff that goes down on that island. I could easily see him popping up fairly regularly as a spirit. I am glad he's gone though; his character has always been so whiny and good for nothing. I always found it laughable how (and it just happened on this past weeks rerun episode) Boone jumped all over Michael and managed to get in a cheap shot when Mike caught Locke teaching Walt how to use a knife. What a chump! Especially after having been beat down a couple times by other people. Also, now that he's out of the way, Sayid will have plenty of opportunity to relate a little more closely with Shannon! I just hope they don't make a big deal of it. In real life there would've already been plenty of hookups going on, and most of them probably would've just happened casually. I'm hoping we don't see the same sort of stand off-ish, back and forth, chaste relationship that's spread out over years and years of the show as seems to be the standard on television (see Moonlighting, Cheers, Frasier, X-Files, etcetera, etcetera.)

OC47150
04-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah.. come on.. it was only his hot blonde step sister... give the guy a break! :D Some times guys think with their.... instead of their heads.

It's legal in some states, isn't it? lol

OC47150
04-14-2005, 04:31 PM
Realistically, they could keep Boone on as a regular cast member anyway - what with all the crazy stuff that goes down on that island. I could easily see him popping up fairly regularly as a spirit. I am glad he's gone though; his character has always been so whiny and good for nothing. I always found it laughable how (and it just happened on this past weeks rerun episode) Boone jumped all over Michael and managed to get in a cheap shot when Mike caught Locke teaching Walt how to use a knife. What a chump! Especially after having been beat down a couple times by other people. Also, now that he's out of the way, Sayid will have plenty of opportunity to relate a little more closely with Shannon! I just hope they don't make a big deal of it. In real life there would've already been plenty of hookups going on, and most of them probably would've just happened casually. I'm hoping we don't see the same sort of stand off-ish, back and forth, chaste relationship that's spread out over years and years of the show as seems to be the standard on television (see Moonlighting, Cheers, Frasier, X-Files, etcetera, etcetera.)

Sayid will be there to comfort Shannon. ;)

RooJay
04-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Oh yes, I'm sure there'll be some 'comforting' going on. ;)

James Boba Fettfield
05-26-2005, 07:05 AM
Anyone else angry about that season finale? Man, I wanted one of the larger questions answered, but all we get is more questions.

I guess it did its job, though, because I vow to be there in front of the television when it returns this fall.

OC47150
05-26-2005, 07:11 AM
I won't lie: I'm two weeks behind on Lost. Finally found my tape and am in the middle of the French woman's reappearance to the group. I wanted to watch those episodes before the finale.

The finale is airing again Saturday night. I'm catching it then.

Monstermile
05-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Anyone else angry about that season finale? Man, I wanted one of the larger questions answered, but all we get is more questions.

I guess it did its job, though, because I vow to be there in front of the television when it returns this fall.

Yes I am very po'ed that it is done for now. I watch very little TV and the three shows that I watch every week are now done. Lost, AI and Desperate Housewives. And don't knock DH either. That show got me hooked and not just for the eye candy. That show has more twists and plot turns than Lost. I'm going to be going through Lost and DH withdrawl until September.

As far as Lost I was real disappointed in the source of the smoke. I was hoping for something more. And the ending. I didn't see that coming.

Hellboy
05-26-2005, 06:30 PM
I like where the story is going and think this last episode was the best so far even if basically nothing was resolved, so I wasn't disappointed at all. Now if we're at the same point come the end of next season then I'll probably change my tune.

Beware FINALE SPOILERS for those that haven't seen it yet. :)

This last episode more than any of the others (no pun intended ;) ) felt like a horror film to me. The guys on the raft finding "The Others" at sea kinda creeped me out. And speaking of that scene did anyone notice what happened to Jin and Sawyer when the raft exploded? It looked like Sawyer jumped into the water before it happened but I can't remember being able to see Jin at all after the shots were fired.

I was surprised that the hatch didn't reveal anything more than what seemed like a bottomless pit, but I really wasn't disappointed just intrigued even more.

I'm assuming when you say "larger" Fettfield you're refering to the giant forest creature or whatever you want to call it? It sure sounded mechanical and it might sound silly but I kept thinking it was some sort of cloaked robot and the black mist they saw was some form of exhaust. :silly:

Pretty cool that Walt was actually the child the Others wanted, not Claire's baby. It almost seems like he has some sort power to create things by thinking about them. We aleady know the polar bear was in the comic book and when his father told him they could stay on the island he emphatically stated "NO, we have to go!!" as if somehow he knew it was no longer safe to remain. :Ponder:

DarthQuack
05-26-2005, 08:46 PM
It was a pretty good episode, I had thought that Sawyer went in the Ocean cause he got shot, that's just what it looked like to me, but it was pretty creepy that all those old guys were "the others". And it was also pretty spooky with the numbers on the hatch as well.

James Boba Fettfield
05-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Spoilers for the finale, so if you haven't watched it, don't read on:

Yeah, it looked like to me Sawyer was shot by the others and he fell off the raft because of it. Then Jin jumped in to try and save him.

Yeah, getting some idea more about the invisible monster would be one of my "larger" issues. Right now I have more questions than ever about that thing after what we sort of saw of it in the season finale.

I guess I should not be surprised about nothing really being answered. That would seem really out of place for the show so far. It makes me wonder how I am going to take to seeing (hopefully) an episode that has some answers. The show has me hooked deep, though. This show better run its natural course and not ever be cancelled prematurely.

Monstermile
05-27-2005, 04:06 AM
Yeah but I'm wondering what the "natural course" for the show will be. There is a fine line between giving away the whole plot of the show, which would mean it's demise and dragging the plot on too long and people getting bored.

James Boba Fettfield
05-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Well, I don't mean for the show to drag on forever. But I want it to run long enough that things are explained to a reasonable degree and in a reasonable amount of time. You know, I don't want to be watching Season 4 and still having no clue what the hell some of this island business is about.

I also don't want the show to get the axe before some of this stuff is explained or so that the writers have to rush to settle some questions for us before they run out of episodes. You know, something silly like over the course of two episodes they wrap up and solve everything.

You're right, though, it is a fine line.

OC47150
05-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Supposedly, the events that have transpired on this season's Lost takes place in a month's time span.

So the drama could go on for some time, if the quality of writing and interests continues.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-27-2005, 11:38 AM
I was a very casual watcher but what I did see was done very well. It was interesting to see Mira Furlan (sp?) from Babylon 5 in there and I like the guy who plays Locke. He's a great character actor. I finally figured out where I saw the big guy (Hugo?) before. He's the fat kid who dances with Drew Barrymore in The Wedding Singer.

I enjoyed the finale. I was expecting it to give a few hints but give more questions. I remember vaguely about the numbers the the big guy kept trying to remember but I forgot why they are relevant.

OC47150
05-27-2005, 11:46 AM
I was a very casual watcher but what I did see was done very well. It was interesting to see Mira Furlan (sp?) from Babylon 5 in there and I like the guy who plays Locke. He's a great character actor. I finally figured out where I saw the big guy (Hugo?) before. He's the fat kid who dances with Drew Barrymore in The Wedding Singer.

I enjoyed the finale. I was expecting it to give a few hints but give more questions. I remember vaguely about the numbers the the big guy kept trying to remember but I forgot why they are relevant.

The actor who plays Hurley was on the last season of Becker. He replaced the annoying but funny Bob.

DarthQuack
05-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Well I would assume that it's not getting cancelled anytime soon with the ratings that it's received so far from this season.

mastermatt24
05-29-2005, 12:02 AM
I really enjoyed it and cant wait for next season.. I was shocked that Artz (sp?) blew up. Allthough I liked him, I was wondering why they were developing his character and now I know why.

Hellboy
05-31-2005, 04:00 PM
I was shocked that Artz (sp?) blew up. Allthough I liked him, I was wondering why they were developing his character and now I know why.

Yeah, poor Arnst, I wasn't surprised at all by his demise though. His increased screen time was a dead giveaway his days on the island were numbered. I've seen far to many episodes of Star Trek to fall for that trick. :D

"Dude . . . . . you've got some Arnst on you." -Hurley :classic:

BanthaPoodoo
05-31-2005, 04:11 PM
What I would like to know is, if "the others" have their own boat, why the heck are they staying on that island??? Get in that boat & get the heck outta there!! LOL!!

Also, the guys name was Arzt...

And some interesting info about the cursed numbers from tvtome.com

# Again, we see a flashback of Hurley (Jorge Garcia) as he tries to get on the plane. And again, they're Numbers everywhere: On the panel of his car (42km, 16kph, 23 deg.) right after it broke down, the speed went down directly from 16kph to 8kph and then to 4kph (well, its digital...). On the screen of the Oceanic computer: "Arrival 1?:42", the obligatory 815 (flight nr.), departure 14:15 (hey, that 14 does not fit in there!) "crazy 8's" on the hat of the old man. A group of (volleball? handball? football?) players with numbers on their shirts: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and of course 42, the big sign "gates 14 thru 23", "gate 23" and not at least: If you look closely, you'll notice exactly 42 people standing in the line where Hurley tries to pass.
# Hurley's (Jorge Garcia) hotel room number is 2342. This is another dig to the cursed numbers surrounding him.
# The raft was "at least 15 miles out" when the radar blip was detected. Another occurrence of the numbers ... and a long way to swim back if the raft is completely destroyed.
# We find out that Kate (Evangeline Lilly) is tied into the numbers. When Hurley (Jorge Garcia) keeps on repeating the numbers, when he gets to 23, Kate reveals that number is assciated with her as the man who ratted her out in Australla got $23,0000.

And Walt keeps getting creepier & creepier... maybe he had something to do with the raft breaking.... again from tvtome.com

# Moments after Michael tells Walt that the rudder is "the most important part of the ship", they hit a log which rips the rudder off the raft. Coincidence? (yeah right) or another example of Walt's "powers"?

Lots of good information here:
http://www.tvtome.com/Lost/guide.html

Also, there is a fun game here:
www.i-am-lost.com

RooJay
06-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Just wondering - where was it stated for certain that the guys on the boat that kidnapped Walt were in fact the "others"? It seems as though everyone is convinced that these guys are the others that the show is always referring to, but they could just as easily be a separate group somehow affiliated with the "others" on the island. For one thing, these guys didn't show up until the raft was pretty far out to sea. I have a strong feeling that we still haven't gotten to the secret of exactly who or what the "others" are.

Also, I'd like to mention yet another wacky theory I have; this one involving Kate. From recent developments it has come to light that Kate had actually been running from the authorities since well before her little bank robbery adventure. Obviously she was not being sought as a result of having killed her accomplices during that event. Now, I know this might yet seem a little far-fetched, but seeing as how Abrams is also the creator of the popular Alias (and while I have seen the show once or twice, I do not consider myslef a fan) I'm beginning to think it might be likely that Kate may at one point have been some sort of government agent who has somehow found herself on the run from the very agency she worked for. Possibly one of her missions went wrong and she had been disavowed by the government and branded an outlaw. In fact, I've begun to think that it is quite possible that Kate was once an agent for the same organization Jennifer Garner's Alias character works for, which would be the perfect set-up for an eventual crossover - done in flashbacks - between the two shows. I for one think something like that would be pretty cool. I'm also beginning to think that there may be more to her little toy airplane than we have previously been made aware of - I'm thinking something much more important may be hidden inside it. The only thing I can think that would fit both the size and the situation would be some kind of microfilm; perhaps this could even be the very thing she was being hunted down for. :cool:

James Boba Fettfield
06-02-2005, 05:17 AM
Just wondering - where was it stated for certain that the guys on the boat that kidnapped Walt were in fact the "others"? It seems as though everyone is convinced that these guys are the others that the show is always referring to, but they could just as easily be a separate group somehow affiliated with the "others" on the island. For one thing, these guys didn't show up until the raft was pretty far out to sea. I have a strong feeling that we still haven't gotten to the secret of exactly who or what the "others" are.

It is never stated outright, but there is some strong evidence to say those boat guys were the others. After the baby boy (Turnip Head...I forget his real name) is rescued from the crazy French lady (again, bad with names here), she breaks down and says she does not understand. She says she heard the others were going to take the boy (believing it to be the baby), she heard them talking about it. Well, a few scenes later we go back to the raft and guess what those boat people ask for...that's right, the boy (Walt). So it is not a far stretch to say they are the others that the french woman warned everyone about.

megaprime33
06-02-2005, 06:07 AM
Aren't they reshowing the entire season this summer? I thought it was suppose to start last night but it wasn't on. Anyone know when it will? I definitely want to catch it this time around.

RooJay
06-02-2005, 08:19 AM
It is never stated outright, but there is some strong evidence to say those boat guys were the others. After the baby boy (Turnip Head...I forget his real name) is rescued from the crazy French lady (again, bad with names here), she breaks down and says she does not understand. She says she heard the others were going to take the boy (believing it to be the baby), she heard them talking about it. Well, a few scenes later we go back to the raft and guess what those boat people ask for...that's right, the boy (Walt). So it is not a far stretch to say they are the others that the french woman warned everyone about.

I totally agree that it's not too far a stretch, but I have a feeling that the secret of the others has still not yet been fully revealed. I'm still leaning toward these guys on the boat being another group doing the dirty work of the "others" themselves. I'm also willing to bet that there is more to these "others" than these guys appear to be - remember that Ethan (whom I do believe was one of the "others") seemed to possess what I'd call inhuman strength (he lifted Charlie straight up off the ground with one hand seemingly effortlessly) and didn't bother to use any weapons to get what he wanted (Claire). The guys on the boat used weapons to snatch Walt - they clearly outnumbered the group on the raft and if they were all as strong as Ethan then why did they need to shoot sawyer to do it when they could've just muscled him away. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but I won't be sold on these guys being the actual "others" in question until I hear it said by someone in the know.

James Boba Fettfield
06-02-2005, 11:51 AM
I can agree with that Roojay. Wouldn't be a stretch to learn those guys on the boat were just working for the others. Maybe they're slaves to the others or something, doing their evil bidding in return for something.

BanthaPoodoo
06-02-2005, 12:43 PM
I totally agree that it's not too far a stretch, but I have a feeling that the secret of the others has still not yet been fully revealed. I'm still leaning toward these guys on the boat being another group doing the dirty work of the "others" themselves. I'm also willing to bet that there is more to these "others" than these guys appear to be - remember that Ethan (whom I do believe was one of the "others") seemed to possess what I'd call inhuman strength (he lifted Charlie straight up off the ground with one hand seemingly effortlessly) and didn't bother to use any weapons to get what he wanted (Claire). The guys on the boat used weapons to snatch Walt - they clearly outnumbered the group on the raft and if they were all as strong as Ethan then why did they need to shoot sawyer to do it when they could've just muscled him away. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but I won't be sold on these guys being the actual "others" in question until I hear it said by someone in the know.

I've always felt that Ethan Rom (anagram for "Other Man") was the kid of the Rousseau (the French Lady)

And as was stated above, I think its for people to believe that because she heard "the others" talk about taking the boy (which she though meant Aaron aka Turnip Head), then we see them take Walt, 1 + 1 = 2 (although not always on this show... LOL) and that the folks in the boat are "the others"

mastermatt24
06-02-2005, 10:10 PM
there is some strong evidence to say those boat guys were the others
Either that or thery are some lost (haha) Gorton's fishermen. :crazed:

RooJay
06-03-2005, 03:03 AM
Hey, just thought of something else I felt was worth a mention - anyone else notice that Rose just sort of disappeared? I wonder what happened there? There's been not even so much as a mention of her since her heart to heart with Charlie right after he decided to kick his habit. It seemed as thought she would figure somewhat prominently at first, at least in regards to Charlie's character arc, but then she just sort of quietly disappeared. I hope the actress didn't pass on or wasn't forced to leave the show for any personal reasons - I really enjoyed the small part she played early on and was hoping to see where they'd go with her. I wonder if the writers just didn't know what to do with her next and just let her quietly go away. Strange.

Hellboy
06-03-2005, 04:33 PM
Yeah I noticed her absence as well. I kind of figured we'd see her when the survivors decided to run from the others but we didn't. Maybe she'll make another appearance next season.

Jayspawn
08-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Lost is starting up again August 24th! But with a rerun which will be the episode whre Michael's 1st raft is burned. And Michael suspects its Jin that did so.

Cant wait till the Season 2 episodes start.

OC47150
08-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Still haven't seen the 2-hour finale. Have it on tape somewhere at home.

It will be on again.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2005, 01:00 AM
well, consider me now an official part of this thread. "Lost" was a show where I knew i'd love it, but after missing so many episodes due to school, work, etc, i had to wait for the DVD and when it came to game time last week: I bought it. I had nothing but my friends urging and blind faith to blow my 37 dollars, but i'm glad as hell i did. This show is fantastic. Just when I think everything is good and I have some idea what is going on, boom, something crazier happens. I only have two episodes left to watch, "Exodus, part I" and "exodus, Part II." They will be done by tomorrow evening. I do have a few fuzzy questions, but I'll wait until the final shot of "part II" to post. However, i mustsay: the music in this show is phenomenal. From the score to the tunes that Hurley would listen to before his batteries died ("Son of a b----!"). Just had to get that out. See you kids later. :D

OC47150
09-12-2005, 06:59 AM
Still haven't seen the 2-hour finale. Have it on tape somewhere at home.

It will be on again.

It's airing this week again! Yea!!!

megaprime33
09-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Yeah I believe the 2 hour will be on this wednesday from 9-11. And then next wednesday will be the season 2 premiere. I just wish I had seen all of the episodes of the first season. But oh well.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-13-2005, 12:19 PM
alright, i finally got done watching the finale of the season and i must say that i was really blown away and really angry at the lack of answers and just more questions!!!! I had read in EVERY paper about what happened to Walt, so that didn't shock me that much, but it still hit hard. That damn kid! He's got powers like Danny Torrance in "The Shining", use them, dammit!!

I gotta say that Artz thing COMPLETELY took me off guard. I knew the dynamite would be hazardous to somebody's health, but I relaly thought that Hurley would get killed/sacrifice himself in some zany effort to bring the gang "good luck" if he was dead. When he was trying to put the fuse out, I was literally shouting, "Hurley, god, get your a-- back!!" anyway, random thoughts:

- I still wanna know about Kates past, especially why her mom was guarded and why she freaked out when she saw her. I think the sequence of event went like so: came home to see tom, visit mum, death of tom/chase, runs to Sydney, old guy, marshal, plane, crash. Why did her mom freak out so much?

- I'm still a tad bit confused about Sawyer. So, he took the name of the kid who was the mother of the lady he was having an affair with? I get why he would do that, but i'm not sure who he is trying to kill and why. If somebody could clarify that i would really appreciate it.

- "The Others", i'm not sure what to think about the guys on the boat; were they in fact the others on the island who had just set out looking for the raft? I still think that there are other folks on the island somewhere.

-the "Monster" was nuts. There are a few animated gifs of it (http://media.lost-media.com/Lost_Monster.gif and http://media.lost-media.com/Lost_Monster2.gif - thanks to lost-media). I know i'm not alone when I say that what i expected/wanted was a big creature, with a big teeth, a large tail and a keen anger on why his home now has company. I liked how it was done, but i'm just so damn curious.

- lastly, who else just screamed when they saw Charlie had brought back one of those statues from the down drug plane?

k, enough for now. ta ta

Jayspawn
09-19-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm with ya JMG, I was hoping Charlie would destroy the statues! I guess hes gonna have to choose between those drugs or Claire.

I believe Sawyer took that name so nobody actually knows who he really is. Thats why he wants to get off that island so bad. He figures, when he does nobody will be able to point him out cause they dont know anything about him including his real name.

We better find out what happens to Walt! Just 2 days left!!!

OC47150
09-19-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm ready for Wednesday night. I watched the 2-hour finale over the weekend.

I was a little disappointed Charlie took the statue, too.

OC47150
09-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Was the 2-hour show the first time, other than his flashback episode, anyone called Hurley by his given name, Hugo?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Yeah, i think it was the first time Hugo was used. I remember he told Charlie about it, but I think that's the first time it was used by another survivor.

and sadly, i'll be working wednesday night when the premiere airs, but Mum is taping it. I might find a way to watch it at work though. I work in the electronics department at a WM and we have like 40 TV's around me. SOMETHING can be done.

and i just re-realized: Hugo owes Walt $20,000 for beating him in backgammon. Does anybody else think that that $$ is going to come in to play at the very end, when/if Walt and Mike get off the island? Like they get a check for $20,000 from Hurley? I think that would be a GREAT way to tie it up at the end. cheerio!

JimJamBonds
09-19-2005, 12:32 PM
I read this on msn that if you go to...

ABC’s official Web site. Go to ABC.com, click on “All Shows,” then “Lost,” then “Community,” then “Message Board” and check out the posting by some dude named Fatty Weiss

... and there will be a summery of the season opener.

sith_killer_99
09-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Well, my wife and I rented the series last week and now we are hooked! I can't wait til Wednesday!

Yeah, Hurley told Jack his real name is Hugo, "Hurley is just a nick name...Don't ask". LOL

I'm pretty certain Hugo will end up giving the money to Walt, but by the end of the series he'll probably be down a lot more than $20,000! LOL That kid is a killer!

BTW, what's the deal with Walt? "Things happen around him"...the whole bird thing...then the "Others" kidnap him...he's definatly tied into all this in some way we haven't even begun to understand.

On the DVD extras they said that the show has been sketched out over a 5-6 year period, I take it to mean they want it to go 5-6 seasons. I'm up for it. There seems to be some really good shows coming out lately...I know I'm a year (season) behind with Lost, but with new shows like Supernatural, Bones, Surface and others, it looks like we may finally be getting away form the utter horror that was "Reality TV"! These shows were always set in unrealistic situations and were hardly worthy of television. IMHO.

But what do I know, afterall my track record with "favorite new TV shows" includes:

Tru Calling...cancelled after 1 1/2 seasons
Wonderfalls...cancelled after 4 episodes
The Insider...cancelled after 5 or so episodes
Greg the Bunny...cancelled after less than a full season

So much potential.

May "Lost" stay on the air for 5-6 seasons!!! Long live Lost

OC47150
09-20-2005, 07:15 AM
On the DVD extras they said that the show has been sketched out over a 5-6 year period, I take it to mean they want it to go 5-6 seasons.

Season 1 was just a month on the island. When the Others approached their boat, Michael said they were on the island for a month.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-21-2005, 11:51 PM
tonight's episode was insane. When they first introduced Desmond, I said to myself, "yeah, he's making an appearance somewhere" and sure enough. And c'mon, who else was in shock during that opening scene where that guy is living his life with hot water and electricity and he's IN THE HATCH. What the hell is going on here?!? and where is Kate?!? Is locke working with desmond because he seemed WAY too calm ???!?! So many more questions!

jonthejedi
09-22-2005, 04:12 AM
Which episode was Desmond introduced on? I don't remember him? I did detect an Aussie accent. though. Did anyone notice the age on some of the computers in the "dome". Looks like one big, self-contained monitoring station...the island's "brain center"...???Hmmm?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-22-2005, 09:08 AM
Which episode was Desmond introduced on? I don't remember him? I did detect an Aussie accent. though. Did anyone notice the age on some of the computers in the "dome". Looks like one big, self-contained monitoring station...the island's "brain center"...???Hmmm?

Desmond was just introduced in tonights episode. he was the guy Jack was talking to in the stadium after he messed up his ankle. Also, somebody on the Lost forums took the mumbles from Shannon's vision of Walt and played it backwards. We get "Push the button. No button's bad." Check it out: http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/p/s/psm5005/walt.wav

what could he mean here? If you remember he was really against Locke opening the hatch as he told him not to do it and frankly, I think that's one of the reasons why Walt wanted to leave on the boat so badly.

OC47150
09-22-2005, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=Jedi_Master_Guyute]Desmond was just introduced in tonights episode. he was the guy Jack was talking to in the stadium after he messed up his ankle. Also, somebody on the Lost forums took the mumbles from Shannon's vision of Walt and played it backwards. We get "Push the button. No button's bad." Check it out: http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/p/s/psm5005/walt.wavQUOTE]

Someone has way too much free time on their hands.

I haven't watched last night's show yet. Taped it and watched E Ring instead.

vader121
09-22-2005, 09:13 AM
My 2 cents on last nights episode ...

First of all let me just say that I like the show and I think it's brilliant. Not because it's satisfying, because it's not, but because it has me hooked. I watched every week last week hoping for some answers. Only to get a few of my many. I know that is the brilliance of the show but it's like a drug. It's frustrating but I have to have/watch it.

Now onto last night ...
Far-fetched isn't even a strong enough word. They show Desmond in some past scene which apparently had no bearing on the show now then he shows up on the island in the hatch? I know this show is built on far-fetchedness (word?) but that takes the cake. The thing that gets me is that we will most likely be back on the raft subplot next week and we won't get a wif of this week's huge twist. We won't be able to revisit that probably for at least 2 weeks. That is why this show is frustrating.

Jayspawn
09-22-2005, 09:29 AM
I had a theory about the hatch but it turned out WAY wrong. Haha. I dont think anybody expected what they saw. When the episode started, we see somebody getting out of bed, excercising, making themselves a shake, getting ready for the day. Then it occured to me -THATS WHATS IN THE HATCH!

ALSO, since we dont see the face of the person in there, just the back of his head and I started thinking. This is gonna come up. So when I saw Desmond in the statium -I knew it was him!

I like how Charlie asked about Dr. Arntz. I have no idea what Shannon seeing Walt was about.

megaprime33
09-22-2005, 10:47 AM
I absolutely love this show. I MUST go out and buy season 1 so I can watch all the eps I missed....which is most. I must say I did not expect that to be in the hatch. But you have to think, why is he in there? What was that drug he injected in himself and was that why the lid he closed and locked said quarantine? Also, if what walt said the "push button, all buttons good" or whatever, that can't be a coincidence, they must have had that be like that(kudos for the one who spotted it) so what does that mean?!! Too many questions!

Daz
09-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Bastards are shafting us on the other side of the pond by bringing it out in two parts no doubt with only half the extra's you lucky sods get.:upset: I'll just have to just fork out for a region free player I guess.

megaprime33
09-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Bastards are shafting us on the other side of the pond by bringing it out in two parts no doubt with only half the extra's you lucky sods get.:upset: I'll just have to just fork out for a region free player I guess.
Uhm.....I'm sorry? :(

Mandalorian Candidat
09-22-2005, 03:10 PM
I came home from school earlier than usual to watch whole two hour thing. I almost flipped out when the ABC affiliate was playing the jetblue landing instead, but then they just started the flashback show once it was resolved. Actually, it was a jolt of an intro to the show.

I'm not a hardcore watcher; just seen a few shows but it's a really good show. Once they showed Desmond in the flashback you knew where it was going. I don't get one thing: the time between the meeting with Jack at the stadium up to the bunker encounter seems off. All the crap in the hideout seems to be vintage early 80s, yet Jack couldn't have met Desmond back that long ago. If Desmond got to the hatch much later than the 80s then why would he have so much old crap (computer, record player, stationary bike)? I hope this was thought out and isn't some lame plot hole.

sith_killer_99
09-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Well, the preview for next week said that everyone's fate would be revealed next week. I am assuming that they will show some of the Desmond stuff next week.

Here's what's running around in my mind.

The numbers!

It's all about the numbers! We will see that as the show unfolds the numbers will come into play more and more. They have already played out hundreds of times in the show. Here is a link to the shows ties to the numbers:

http://thelostnumbers1.greatestjournal.com/

Now we know that Hurley's psych buddy went insane over the numbers, but it was the other guy who heard the numbers that keeps popping up in my mind. He played the numbers and bad luck followed, his wife lost her leg. He decided to move out in the middle of nowhere to avoid the bad things and hurting other people. Desmond may have done the same thing, hence the "Quarantine". Perhaps he decided to cut off all human contact.

There's no way the Desmond/Jack thing is a coincidence.

The numbers originated on the Island, then they got out, then everything came full circle and the Island got them back?!?! I don't know what it all means, but I do know this...

This show has me hooked!

Mandalorian Candidat
09-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Well, the preview for next week said that everyone's fate would be revealed next week. I am assuming that they will show some of the Desmond stuff next week.

Here's what's running around in my mind.

The numbers!

It's all about the numbers! We will see that as the show unfolds the numbers will come into play more and more. They have already played out hundreds of times in the show. Here is a link to the shows ties to the numbers:

http://thelostnumbers1.greatestjournal.com/

Now we know that Hurley's psych buddy went insane over the numbers, but it was the other guy who heard the numbers that keeps popping up in my mind. He played the numbers and bad luck followed, his wife lost her leg. He decided to move out in the middle of nowhere to avoid the bad things and hurting other people. Desmond may have done the same thing, hence the "Quarantine". Perhaps he decided to cut off all human contact.

There's no way the Desmond/Jack thing is a coincidence.

The numbers originated on the Island, then they got out, then everything came full circle and the Island got them back?!?! I don't know what it all means, but I do know this...

This show has me hooked!

That's a very interesting theory. I'm interested in seeing how the #s tie in with the whole plane crash and what their ultimate significance is.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-29-2005, 12:50 AM
I had a gut feeling (Devo-style) that tonight wouldn't advance us much, but give us more background to last week....and i was right. I loved the episode, but i'm going to jump right into stuff that's been discussed on various "Lost" forums and between myself and fellow dorks.

- the Shark tail has a symbol on it, the symbol that we see on the cabinet that Desmond owns. http://lost-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24988 ignore the metal things up top; i think the poster said that that'sj ust his entertainment center, but you can easily see the symbol on the shark. Just another part of this "security system?"

- during the scene where Michael is saying goodbye to walt, a guy who looks really kinda like Desmond is scene walking by. He's the guy in the shirt behidn young Walt. http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=736&pos=331 I dunno how legit this is, but if you look at this pic http://www.lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=736&pos=355 you can see a guy with pretty much the exact same shirt coming up behind Michael, although he's sans bookbag. If i find a better shot of this, i'll post.

- i'm beginning to agree with the theory that Walt is a HUGE piece of this whole puzzle. He has the special "powers" as we see in his past and as well as the polar bear and plus, the others took him and him only. Maybe that's who Desmond was looking for when he asked, "are you him?" I dunno.

- also, when the Korean guy is running towarsd the guys on the beach, it has been "translated" to roughly, ".........infection!"

so, there you have it. some mind bullets! :crazed: oh and i took/linked these pics from the Lost-Media site. thanks!

megaprime33
09-29-2005, 10:43 AM
Those are definitely some good tidbits. I actually completely missed the logo on the shark...I guess I wasn't really paying that much attention. It most likely is connected to that security system. I wonder if Desmond was "chosen" to be like a "security guard" for the island. That's why he was given that place to live, the guns, and the drugs for the "sickness" that people seem to be coming down with.

That translation of the "infection" that Jin had said, it makes sense when you see the scenes for next weeks show. It appears that the people, who are obviously the other people from the back half of the plane, lock up Michael, Sawyer and Jin in a makeshift cage with that girl that was at the bar with Jack in one of his Flashbacks. She probably didn't come down with that "sickness" so the rest of the people locked her up. Odd how that turns out huh?

This episode really wasn't the best for me. I mean sure we learn a little more info but it really was a recap of last weeks ep, when you think about it. Left me unsatisfied but always wanting more.

mastermatt24
10-01-2005, 01:55 AM
but i'm going to jump right into stuff that's been discussed on various "Lost" forums and between myself and fellow dorks.

My god! How much time do you guys spend pouring over each second of the show????? :eek:

Mandalorian Candidat
10-02-2005, 10:10 AM
My god! How much time do you guys spend pouring over each second of the show????? :eek:

I'm content enought to watch it and leave the monday morning quarterbacking to the hardcores. They're pretty good about sifiting through the show and pulling out all the easter eggs. I can see how anyone with a TiVo and passion for detail can get into it due to the intricate work the writers have compiled to make Lost interesting on different levels.

mastermatt24
10-02-2005, 02:28 PM
I think they got way to much time on their hands, I dont know what I would do with that much free time..

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-03-2005, 12:13 AM
I think they got WAAAAAaAAAAAAY to much time on their hands, I dont know what I would do with that much free time..

Matt- Jesus dude, we get it. Enough. Let's not forget you have over 1,000 posts at a SW website. Pot this is kettle; you're black. :crazed:

Hey, some people just find detail in teh episodes. I didn't really recognize anything until people pointed them out to me. Plus, its' fun to see where the writers could be takin' the show in the future. it's fun. It doesn't hurt you. Get over it. end of problem. :thumbsup:

mastermatt24
10-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Matt- Jesus dude, we get it. Enough. Let's not forget you have over 1,000 posts at a SW website. Pot this is kettle; you're black. :crazed:
Hey you got 2,500 posts On a STAR WARS website!! ;) (and we have both been here for three years) - and im not black. :)

Hey, some people just find detail in teh episodes. I didn't really recognize anything until people pointed them out to me. Plus, its' fun to see where the writers could be takin' the show in the future. it's fun. It doesn't hurt you. Get over it. end of problem. :thumbsup:
I know it doesnt hurt me and, yes, I DO find it interesting, im just sayin it must take a hell of a lot time to find it all.

Jayspawn
10-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Tonights episode was another twister. Answered some questions then started a bunch more! I will once again live in suspence for another week! I was kinda hoping they would let the counter go to see what would happen.

I dont know where Desmond thinks he is going. There's no way off the island. So we know...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-06-2005, 12:45 PM
I got home from work last night and mom informed me, "dude, you're going to be pi--ed." turns out the tape she was using to record it for me, ran out of tape with about 10 minutes left. Needless to say, i cursed and immediately rushed to bit torrent sites. I watched it this morning and this episode was great. It poses more questions, such as: is the 108 countdown really real? One of my buddies and I agree that it's just some sort of psychological experiment. Which leads me to ask: are the survivors part of this accident? I mean, the island is one giant magnet, which begs teh question: could the magnet have drawn the plane off course, towards it, as it crashed? is the crash part of the experiment?

also, where in the hell did Desmond think he was going?!! Is there a TGIFriday's at the other side of the island that he could lit at as the island "ended." Also, Michelle Rodriguez. what a back stabbing b----! Her right hooks were mighty "fast and furious" if i may so so (ba dum ching!) and for next week: JINN SPEAKS PERFECT ENGLISH. I can't wait to see this. :crazed:

vader121
10-06-2005, 01:27 PM
The show drags on and on and on.

What about in the advertisement last week which announed something to the effect of the fates of the survirors will be revealed tonight. Nothing of the sort was revealed. I thought, ok, a lame ply to get poeple to watch and I was hoping that this week would provide more. A very small bit of direction was provided, yet again.

As i've said before this show is brilliant! I get thoroughly frustrated by it each week but I keep coming back.

Here are some questions to consider that were never answered and show why this show drives me crazy:
-what about the rumblings in the jungle in the early part of the show. Monster?
-what about the black mass that dragged Locke away in the last episode last year? What was it?
-what happenned to the older black woman that was shown in the early episodes?
-what was with the kid showing in the jungle last week? (Name?)
-if Sawyer was shot in the shoulder then why isn't he losing blood like crazy? Also how he could pull the bullet out himself without passing out with pain and without a tool of some kind was way ridiculously far-fetched.
-what is with the Polar bears?
-why isn't Hurley thinner? Is he eating the dead?
etc.

jonthejedi
10-06-2005, 04:33 PM
OK, Vader 121...here's more to chew on. "Rose," the black woman, returns next week. Her husband was in the can(rear section) during the turbulence & subsequent crash. Is he now part of the "others"...HMMMMM?? I'm sure we all noticed the polar bears in the Dharma film. More hmmmm!!???? The beast, black mass, wifts of smoke, may just be what the 108 minute countdown is holding back. Or is "it" the largest part of the island's security system...or just another psychological ruse, a smokescreen for something else. Walt continues to be the largest piece of the show's many puzzles. My guess is the big black man, "Shaft" as Sawyer calls him, is one of the Nigerian drug runners whose plane we saw last season. I'm frustrated too, and just as equally hooked on this show. I'm so sick of all the reality shows that I could just spit. "Lost" challenges me, makes me think alittle more than most shows demand...and the acting & writing are top notch. When I start second guessing the plots on any tv show...I'm gone. Period.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-06-2005, 05:58 PM
This episode was just great. That movie was so laughable at how they made it look cheesy. I wonder what the significance the word "dharma" has with the whole project and why that station is coded "swan." Did you also notice that the film mentions that location was chosen due to the unique electromagnetic properties on that part of the island? There was also mention of 4 other stations (the swan was 3 of 5) somewhere else. I took that as being on another part of the world and not on the island, but I could be wrong.

The kidnapping of Walt and the French chick's kid kind of goes along with the film's mention of the socialogical experimentations that the dharma foundation wanted to do. Perhaps the others need children for some testing for those kooky poindexters' research.

megaprime33
10-07-2005, 07:04 AM
I completely missed the episode. Damn my job for making me get up so early that I have to go bed at a reasonable hour! If the playoffs keep interfering with my LOST viewing then I will be very upset. Yes, there is always the season on dvd but that's a LONG ways away. :sad:

Jayspawn
10-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Even though he ran off into the jungle, I'm really startin to like Desmond. I love it when he calls people Brother.

The others have me all kinds of confused now. How did Ana Lucia who survived the crashend up joining them? That whole bit raised more questions.

Hellboy
10-07-2005, 11:23 AM
You know I still really love this show but something about it is starting to wear on me a bit. I understand that the flashback scenes are for the most part relevant to what is happening on the island but they're starting to get old, and fast. I could live with the occasional clip but it seems as if 40% of each episode is devoted to these flashbacks while the story of the survivors and their progress on the island takes baby steps. Is this how they plan to stretch this show out for say 5 or 6 seasons? I sure hope not because as much as I like the character of Locke who cares if he has daddy issues. I really enjoy the mystery aspects of this show but answering questions with more questions is only going to work for so long before the series starts to stagnate.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-07-2005, 02:44 PM
The others have me all kinds of confused now. How did Ana Lucia who survived the crashend up joining them? That whole bit raised more questions.

I was wondering the same thing. I've been thinking about two angles:

1) The paranormal angle: I don't like this way and would be disappointed in the writing if it turned out like this or in a similar way but it could be that the people in the back of the plane (the people Jin called the 'others') somehow went through some kind of wormhole or timeportal or what ever the hell the Star Trek people went through every other week and were there for years before they stumbled upon Jack & Co. Ana Lucia could have not gone into it on the way down and was found later by the others and became one of them.

2) The red herring angle: This is the most likely of the two to be what's going on. Those people aren't 'the others' but are all part of the plane crash (tail section) and got separated. They may have been harrassed by the others so they're suspicious of Sawyer, Mike and Jin. I didn't watch all of S1, but I only know that Ana Lucia interacted with Jack and not with the other three on the plane or in the airport beforehand. It's possible they think the three are others so that's why they were locked up, even though Sawyer gave his account to her of how they got on the island.

megaprime33
10-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Does anybody have a link to the download of last weeks episode?? I figured they would re-air it before the new episode this week, but tv guide tells me otherwise. So if anyone knows where I can download it, that would be great!

megaprime33
10-11-2005, 07:53 AM
Ok I finally was able to watch this episode and man does it open it up with a lot of questions. I know I got a bunch, so here we go.

When showing that film, they showed a man in a building, and for some reason the camera angle was outside and it zoomed in to a window. Now I didn't catch this at first, but I paused it on the man.....was that Locke's Father??

Here's something to think about, the numbers. They said in the film that the project was analyzing and studying psychology. Now is that where that man in the psych ward where Hurley was get the numbers? Did they experiment on him?? Was he in a hatch somewhere, entering in those numbers all the time, and became insane? I mean I know that he heard the numbers through a transmission, but maybe they're not telling us everything. Maybe they went to investigate the numbers and ended up being part of an experiment.....?

What happens after 108 minutes? Is that part of the "security system" or merely just an experiment to see how long a person can last doing that? I think it's an experiment and somehow, using the electromagnetic energy, "they" made the plane crash and use the survivors as more subjects. I mean they must have noticed that Desmond was going to lose it sooner or later. Maybe they need someone else to believe in the 108 mins because they don't them to find out nothing will happen...?

What is the signicants of the polar bears? We've seen them several times. The actual bear Sawyer shot, the image in the comic book, the stuft animal Mike gives to his son before he leaves, the orientation film? We know there are more than one, towards the end of season 1, Daniell said(when hearing a noise from the jungle)if we're lucky it will just be one of those bears. Where are they all that they're not always out looking for food? Are they caged somewhere to be let out only when someone is walking too close to something important???

I have many more but not enough time to post

Mandalorian Candidat
10-13-2005, 12:35 PM
So it looks like all five bunkers are on the island and not just the one Jack & Co. found. You could see part of the Dharma insignia on the wall of the bunker Jin, Mike, and Sawyer were brought to last night. However I couldn't make out what was on the inside. I'm assuming each bunker has a different purpose, due to the contrasting layouts of the two we've seen and that Desmond's one was designated "The Swan." I'm wondering if the one occupied by the tail section survivors is jacked up due to the crummy condition it was in or just doesn't have the amenities of the other due to it having another function.

Good to see more of Hugo's origins and that Rose's husband was found alve.

JEDIpartner
10-14-2005, 10:08 AM
It looks like one of those Dharma related symbols. Someone caught this on the DVD.

megaprime33
10-14-2005, 05:41 PM
So it looks like all five bunkers are on the island and not just the one Jack & Co. found. You could see part of the Dharma insignia on the wall of the bunker Jin, Mike, and Sawyer were brought to last night. However I couldn't make out what was on the inside. I'm assuming each bunker has a different purpose, due to the contrasting layouts of the two we've seen and that Desmond's one was designated "The Swan." I'm wondering if the one occupied by the tail section survivors is jacked up due to the crummy condition it was in or just doesn't have the amenities of the other due to it having another function.

Good to see more of Hugo's origins and that Rose's husband was found alve.
The symbol in the second bunker was similar to the one in the Desmond bunker but it had an arrow instead of a swan. So that definitely must be another station for something specific.

Not sure if you guys caught this too but in the begining of the episode where Hurley was eating the food and stuff, he's drinking the milk and then puts it down cause he sees Jin in the doorway, if you look at the side of the milk carton you see Walt's picture with the word missing above it. Weird huh!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Not sure if you guys caught this too but in the begining of the episode where Hurley was eating the food and stuff, he's drinking the milk and then puts it down cause he sees Jin in the doorway, if you look at the side of the milk carton you see Walt's picture with the word missing above it. Weird huh!

that is correct, good sir! I'm not sure if this is part of the hallucination or maybe a nod to something else we don't know about Michael or Walt's past. cheerio! :D

Mandalorian Candidat
10-15-2005, 12:38 AM

Have a cluckety-cluck-cluck day!

You've got some sharp eyes there megaprime, to make out what was in the 2nd bunker symbol. I'm still trying to figure out what a swan has to do with bunker no. 3.

Jayspawn
10-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Well the 2nd group of survivors is moving out to find the main camp.

I liked the small flashbacks from Sun and Jin. But this last episode seemed to start a few more questions.

Michael is starting to tick me off. Running into the jungle screaming with nobody with him. What an idiot! Not only being mean to Sawyer, I think Michael is a bigger Jerk than Sawyer is! And Sawyer took a bullet for him.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Is it just me or does Sawyer seem like a wuss when he's around Ana Lucia?

I liked this episode. It gave Jin a more familiar face instead of just keeping him as "the foreigner." Plus the girl that plays Sun is just day-um hot!

Mandalorian Candidat
10-21-2005, 03:48 PM
I was watching Matrix 3 last night and realized that Link is Michael. It took me about 10 minutes to put the faces together. Man, he looks way better with the dreds.

Jayspawn
10-21-2005, 04:09 PM
I realized that the 1st episode. His dreds are one of his trademarks, he was also in "William Shakespear's Romeo and Juliet" w/ Leonardo DiCaprio.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2005, 10:03 PM
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

well, tonights episode was pretty nuts with the dead of Shannon. I had read blips about her gettin' axed, but hoped for the best. I'm not sure if she's erally dead just yet though as they said, "one survivor is lost forever..." and there was that one chick with the other group who is gone too. so, i have no idea. Somebody took a clip of Walt's ramblings from the jungle and reversed it. Sounds like, "(something) they are coming, they are close." Have a listen and share thoughts! http://elitemrp.net/fark/2005/hesaid.wav

OC47150
11-10-2005, 07:03 AM
It doesn't come as a surprise to me. Her role has really diminished this season. C'mon, you can almost count the scenes this been in this season on both hands.

IMO, the show is starting to lose its focus. Too many different things going on, too many new characters. I still enjoy the show, but I tape it and watch it later. Even then, it might be a week or two before I get around to watching it.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-10-2005, 11:56 AM
I missed the last five minutes of the show cause I jumped over to Trading Spouses to see that lunatic Jesus freak wig out. I'm betting that was way more interesting than the Lost ending. The back story was interesting; my wife was seething over that skank who pretty much stole the inheiritance from Shannon.

I hear ya, OC, about the focus of the show. I'm trying to be patient with it like with the X-Files. They didn't have every show about the conspiracy, so not every episode advanced the underlying plotline, but it was well done all around. This one has many puzzle pieces as well, but every show ads a few more to the pile. I think I'd actually be kind of disappointed if it moved too quickly, but stepping up the pace a little would be nice.

Hellboy
11-11-2005, 04:11 PM
No big loss if Shannon dies as a result of her wounds as far as I see it. Like OC stated her role has really diminished this season and personally I never found her that interesting of a charcter to begin with. After Boone died it seems like she was just taking up space and sulking anyway. Plus she made Syiad (one of my favorite characters) less interesting and I can see this event taking him in an entirely different direction so I like this development.

Turbowars
11-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah, hopefully Syiad takes his gun and blows that nasty man looking chicks head off. I never cared for Syiad, so I wouldn't mind if he got his too. In fact I wouldn't mind if Jack was in Shannon place. I'm kind of getting sick of the show. Can you tell? The dragging is getting very old.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-17-2005, 04:55 PM
I can tell people are starting to get impatient since it's after noon and noone's posted here yet. I thought last night's show about the tail section survivors was OK. It was kind of nice to have a break from the other people while ramping up the tension (Others kidnapping the kids and Ana Lucia getting paranoid about Nathan). Maybe I'm starting to figure out the writers' thought process but you could totally see the other guy was one of the Others, not Nathan, way before it was revealed.

This episode was good to introduce us more to the Others but I'm still trying figure out why they want to kidnap the children in particular. Easy brainwashing to keep that Dharma thing going? Is Michael Jackson stranded there too? WHAT??

Jayspawn
11-17-2005, 05:02 PM
I thought it was a great episode. It was a nice change of pace. I like how it recaped the whole season for Group b (as I call them). Next episode where the meet should be a great one. I still think the show is doing great.

I'm not happy that Shannon is dead. Maggie Grace wants to pursure other acting things -so thats fine. But she aske to be killed off -so it has nothing to do with the writing.

OC47150
11-18-2005, 06:59 AM
It was one of the better episodes of the season. A friend told me the first few mintues reminded her of a Corona commerical!

One complaint I have is, I was looking for more details on the first 48 days that what was shown. Picky, I know, but these people deserved a 90-minute or full two-hour episode!

My friend also pointed out that this was the second episode in a row with no Jack or Kate.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-18-2005, 07:07 PM
One complaint I have is, I was looking for more details on the first 48 days that what was shown. Picky, I know, but these people deserved a 90-minute or full two-hour episode!

That's what I thought. When I heard it was going to be an 'extended' episode I cancelled my trip to the gym. Then it turned out to be only 5 minutes extra. That's sweeps for you.

My friend also pointed out that this was the second episode in a row with no Jack or Kate.

There was a good stretch there with no Dominic Monaghan also.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-18-2005, 11:12 PM
I really enjoyed this episode. I really dug how it all started: serene, calm, beach, that quickly turned into chaos. I really feel sorry if any of those first few things that hit the water were people, OUCH. :crazed:

I liked how the Others infiltrated their camp so easily and I still suspect that Nathan was also part of the Others and that Goodwin took care of him as he suspected he might rat him out or something. I'm not sure, but that guy just creeped me out and plus, who runs off into the woods for two hours?!?!? I did like how it was Bernard that talked to Boone via transmission before his death and it was great to see Ana Lucia and Mr. Ecko connect. Lastly, I still don't want to think that Ana killed Shannon. Maybe it's the conspiracy theorist in me, but it's just a hope that it's another wacky plot device. :D

OC47150
11-21-2005, 07:30 AM
That's what I thought. When I heard it was going to be an 'extended' episode I cancelled my trip to the gym. Then it turned out to be only 5 minutes extra. That's sweeps for you.

When I knew it wouldn't go too much longer, I turned the VCR timer off, reset it so I could catch CSI: New York, and just watched the last five minutes of Lost.

DarthQuack
11-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Any thoughts on this weeks episode? I liked it a lot, it was nice to see that everyone got back to the beach. I still think Ana Lucia is a nutcase, but for a little better reason. Sayid should still torture the hell outta her though. And I think there will be something going on with Jack and Ana Lucia, since Kate is drooling over Sawyer now.

Phantom-like Menace
11-26-2005, 12:02 AM
There are spoilers for the most recent episode in this post after a small amount of spoiler space.

I was surprised how easily the death of Shannon was resolved, since I thought that was going to cause one heck of a conflict between Ana-Lucia and Sayid, though I'm sure we'll see some fall out over it, just not as much as the situation warranted. Shannon's death was pretty much a non-event for me as I've always felt the two most useless characters were Shannon and Boone.

Thankfully it was Mr. Eko, not Ana-Lucia who bested Sayid, because my friends were never going to allow Ana-Lucia would be able to take out a Republican Guardsman. My friends (staunch Michelle Rodriguez haters) had predicted that Ana-Lucia's story would be that she was the hardass cop who took out some guy who killed a child, so they're not going to be surprised that she was the hardass cop who took out some guy who killed a child, but they never guessed it was her own unborn child.

Mostly I was just happy to see the tail section survivors meet up with everyone else finally. Maybe now we can get back to polar bears, mysterious number sequences and more heavily character driven stories.

UKWildcat
11-30-2005, 09:50 PM
All I have to say is that tonights episode was awesome! It's just too bad we have to wait until January...

Dad?

DarthQuack
11-30-2005, 10:42 PM
All I have to say is that tonights episode was awesome! It's just too bad we have to wait until January...

Dad?

Yes? My son?

Jayspawn
11-30-2005, 11:28 PM
WHAT? January???

That long???

Anyways, tonight was a great episode. I'm starting to like Mr. Echo a lot more. I'm glad Sawyer is up walking around again.

Phantom-like Menace
12-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Post includes spoilers.

I wonder if we're ever going to be told why that marshal is such an antagonistic jerk. And what does he mean about Tallahassee being full of Waffle Houses? There aren't nearly as many Waffle Houses here as there are in Pensacola.

I was kind of hoping for Mr. Eko's revelation about the orientation video to be more significant--like maybe he found one of the other five parts, not just part of the one we had already seen. My roommate guessed the person on the other side of the computer would answer as Walt.

Good episode, though.

OC47150
12-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Another one of those extended episodes, and I missed the last two minutes or so!! D*&%!!!!!

jonthejedi
12-02-2005, 01:53 AM
I've been speculating since the hatch was opened that the "others" were a whacked-out group of survivors from the island's original Dharma personnel living in another bunker. If that's indeed Walt on the line...it would support my theory because they've had access to some form of technology. I'm dying to know more about the "incident" the 16mm orientation film now refers to....some murderous rampage by cooped-up Dharma employees, or an electro-magnetic disaster???

Mandalorian Candidat
12-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Or the creation (or release) of the invisible monster.

Phantom-like Menace
12-02-2005, 11:54 PM
I've also thought of the possibility of the Others as being members of the Dharma project who have gone rogue either by insanity or design. The other Other possibility I thought of--and which I like more--is that the Others are the product, intentioned or otherwise, of Dharma's experiments on the island. Mention of Skinner makes me think of behavior modification. If there are people on the island who are acting strange, it would certainly seem likely someone altered their behavior.

DarthQuack
12-30-2005, 01:25 AM
Give me a new episode already.....Next week is the Rose Bowl so about a week and a half from now til we see Mr. Eko's story I believe....I could be wrong of course....

OC47150
12-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Am I the only one who's losing interest in Lost this season? Too many breaks between new episodes.

UKWildcat
12-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Am I the only one who's losing interest in Lost this season? Too many breaks between new episodes.

I'm not really losing interest.

Like all of the other shows I watch, they are playing repeats until January. This is fine with me since I get to catch up on a lot of the movies I own or have rented on dvd but have yet to watch.

Jayspawn
12-30-2005, 09:38 AM
I hear ya UKWildcat, shows always have to wait in the slow/Holiday season for new episodes. Although we Lost fans have had to wait longer! A new episode anytime would be great!

Mandalorian Candidat
01-03-2006, 03:06 PM
I'm thinking that ABC should have done with Lost what Fox did with 24: air it midseason with all the shows weekly without breaks. I didn't think I'd like having to wait but it was great not having any midyear hiatus. Lost is the same type of weekly cliffhanger show and I think this format can help keep interest up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-03-2006, 03:19 PM
One more week to go, kids!! We're almost there.

Here is something for y'all to chew on: a new theory, entitled "THE ULTIMATE THEORY" from a "Lost" fansite. I would cut n' paste the text, but it has pictures and wahtnot to illustrate. I think out of all of the theories i've read, this is my favorite. :crazed:

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377

Enjoy! :D

Mandalorian Candidat
01-03-2006, 05:51 PM
Holy crap! I just spent about an hour reading only 1/100 of what was in that thread. Some pretty creative and insightful ideas. Next week can't get here too soon...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-11-2006, 10:52 PM
FANTASTIC episode. Ecko's flashbacks were awesome. I think he might actually be my new favorite character. Did anybody else notice the images in teh smoke monster when he came face to face with it?

http://lost-forum.com/showpost.php?p=791573&postcount=22

That's the best shows i have of it. there was also a shot of a cross with Jesus on it towards the end. FANTASTIC episode. I can't say that enough. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
01-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Yes, that was an excellent episode! I noticed the faces in the smoke and had to rewind it but I still didn't make anything out of it. From the link you provided it looks like they are images from the flashback of Eko.

You're right, it was a fantastic episode and next weeks episode looks to be really good too.

James Boba Fettfield
01-11-2006, 11:15 PM
I've been trying to wrap my head around the Locke and Eko comparisons. Really didn't think much about it before, but the review episode tonight caused me to (Locke's man of faith opposed to Jack's man of science dialogue). Black and white (maybe that's too simple), both have confronted the monster and lived, both are men of faith, etc.

I know there's more, but like I said, I haven't fully wrapped my head around this one yet.

JEDIpartner
01-12-2006, 12:14 PM
I was able to catch an image of the church and his brother in the smoke. VERY good episode last night. Charlie is an idiot. Claire's adorable... if you are into women, which most of you are! LOL It was nice seeing Sun and Jin making an effort to make Annie Loser a part of the group. I really want to see a good old-fashioned b*tch-fight between her and Kate... you know-- a la Crystal and Alexis on "Dynasty"! LOL

Phantom-like Menace
01-12-2006, 11:17 PM
I've been sold on Eko since his introduction, and I enjoyed the most recent episode. I especially liked the idea that he more or less accidently became a priest. That's definitely a God-works-in-mysterious-ways story for the character. I have the episode on DVR, so I'll have to check it out again, because I didn't pay enough attention to see the images in the smoke.

It took me a while longer to be sold on Claire, but I have to agree there too. She is quite the cutie.

DarthQuack
01-18-2006, 07:22 PM
I can't wait to see what Michael does tonight.....any idea if he is just imaging talking to Walt on the computer? I think it's a possibility.

Hellboy
01-18-2006, 07:35 PM
.....any idea if he is just imaging talking to Walt on the computer?

I think he is actually talking to Walt. I wouldn't be surprised if "the others" have some sort of gaurded society somewhere on the island and thats what this whole "Dharma" project has actually been protecting all these years. Somehow the island attracts people to it and the Others then choose (abduct) who they feel are worthy of joining their society focusing mainly on influential children.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-18-2006, 10:19 PM
alright, pretty solid episode tonight as I was pretty curious as to see what had happened with Jack's skank wife. Tsk tsk!! but, a few random things:

1. I nearly crapped myself when i heard the voice of that guy from the boat. It was great to get some shenanigans from him and when he said, "Bring her out, Alex" i got giggly. For those hardcore geeks, Alex is the name of Rosseau's daughter which was stolen from her 16 years ago...and Rosseau being the Crazy French Chick.

2. Sawyers gun backfiring. My only reaction could be that it's from some sort of magnetic field messup, which would explain why it got screwy on him.

3. As for the "Others" themselves, i'm not sure that what we saw ere the others. When Jack mentioned Ethan to the Bearded Guy, he kinda blew him off, leading me to believe that Ethan is still part of something else. Then again, all Ethan wanted was Aaron, and the Others did take Walt and Alex, so maybe they're tracking down kids to join them for something? I'm not sure.I'm trying to get a torrent of the HD version and see if we can see any of them by the torches. Which...

4. Those torches were WAY too quickly ignited and extinguished, which leads me to believe that they were controlled electrically from below. Which leads me to believe that...

5. They were at the location of the other hatch.

6. and what's with Jack going crazy at the end? Train an army?!? Dude, no way he could lead an attack on the Others.

thoughts? :love:

UKWildcat
01-18-2006, 11:14 PM
6. and what's with Jack going crazy at the end? Train an army?!? Dude, no way he could lead an attack on the Others.

I don't know... Jin, Locke, Sayid, Sawyer, Kate, Ana Lucia and Eko are all pretty bada55. They would probably fair pretty well... as for the other people in their camp, nahh... Not a chance. Hurley? LOL. Of course we don't even really know who,what, or how many they'd be up against. It will be interesting to see if they go in that direction though. A big shoot out/battle on the Island? That would be crazy. :crazed:

Good call on the Alex/Rosseau thing. That thought didn't even enter my mind.

Another great episode. Not as good as last weeks, but still good. Bring on the next ep!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-19-2006, 12:32 AM
other random crap i forgot to mention:

1. did you notice how old Bearded Guys gun looked? I don't have a cap of it yet, but ANYBODY who has seen any Indiana Jones movies recognized it as a German issued WWII pistol, a Lugar. This kinda goes along with the knife that Ana Lucia found that was army issued and was REALLY old.

2. The Bearded Guy quotes Alvar Hanso when he mentinos that quote about "man has been blessed with curiosity." This is straight from the Dharma orientation video.

3. Where's Michael? I'm hoping he might be stuck with Walt somewhere, maybe being held against his will, possibly forcing Walt to use his power or something?

4. and i'm going to guess here: who wants to go in with me now and say that Sarah's affair is with a guy ON THE ISLAND? It'd just figure. :crazed:

k, night!

dr_evazan22
01-19-2006, 08:13 AM
K, I need a little memory refresher... Who exactly is the Crazy French lady Rossuea?

And Sawyer called bearded guy Zeke, which I don't quite remember hearing the last time we saw them on the boat.

James Boba Fettfield
01-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Rousseau - she was the one who kept Sayid prisoner. Ske kidnapped the baby Aaron. Hurley went after her to ask her about the numbers. Led them to that ship the Black Rock for dynamite.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Rousseau - she was the one who kept Sayid prisoner. Ske kidnapped the baby Aaron. Hurley went after her to ask her about the numbers. Led them to that ship the Black Rock for dynamite.

and a bit more background: Her and her team were in a submarine and crashed on the island. Shortly thereafter, her crew began to get "sick" and she was pretty much forced to kill them, if memory serves. The Others then took her child, Alex, and she never saw the child again. and it was her transmission that we heard over the radio as she has been stuck on the island for 16 years. :thumbsup:

jonthejedi
01-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Dr. E..."Zeke" was just one of Sawyer's(Ford's) many made-up, impromptu nicknames...like "freckles" for Kate, "Mr. Clean" for Locke, "Staypuft" for Hurley, etc. Has anyone tried rearranging the letters of Hanso's name???HMMMM?

dr_evazan22
01-19-2006, 06:35 PM
OK, thanks for the info. You at least clarified that I had missed an episode or 2.

Luckily I was able to find a set on eBay for a decent price, so its on its way.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-25-2006, 09:42 PM
alright, here are my few thoughts on the episode:

1. Sawyer was hysterical. I liked the idea of him, although being his charming d---head self, giving Hurley a kick in the can to get his mack on. Very nice of him, actually.

2. I'm going to agree with the folks (as i've said it for weeks to fellow dorks) that through Libby we find out why Hurley was in the mental hospital.

3. Charlie, for some reason, I think he's almost going to become some sort of prophet character or some sort of messenger. I know that sounds odd, but here is my train of thought (albeit crazy, but work with me). He's a performer, one who stands on stage and sings (Preaches); he has had his bouts with family, drugs, and the island, but hasn't resorted back to drugs (REdemption?) and lastly, and weirdly, when he threw up that hood it REALLY reminded me of Justin Kirk in "Angels in America" when he would sport the hood and walk around the park. Not to mention he saw heavenly visions too.

4. My folks and i got into a debate about this: Is Ecko really a Priest? I mean, we know that his brother signed those papers so in writing he would be a priest, but I really think that after he survived that shootout and that cop called him "Father" it dawned on him that's what he should be doing. Instinct tells me that he became a priest afterwards for the church his brother saw over and was ordained one, properly. I guess we'll see.

Interesting episode though. :thumbsup:

vader121
01-26-2006, 07:45 AM
I thought last night's episode was fairly boring. Here are some of my takes ...

-Sawyer is a pretty cool character and I agree he is hilarious. What is up with him and Kate? Are they gonna hit it?

-Hurley is still a pretty big (no pun intended) mystery to me.

I will continue to watch the show because it is such a mystery and frankly there is nothing else worth watching on tv on wednesdays but the show continues to aggravate me. I think it will get a point where I lose patience and give up on it. The show is ALL OVER THE PLACE and it is tiresome.

JEDIpartner
01-26-2006, 09:34 AM
I really enjoyed last night's episode. It was good to see them using one of the other "ignored" characters a bit more this season. I think it was a "branching" episode. It is from this episode that the next set of storylines will emerge. We'll see what Locke is up to... We'll find out what is really going on with Charlie... We'll see how Hurley knows Libby. I think his, "Do I know you from somewhere?" was dismissed as a lame come on but I think he really meant it.

Also, I get this from a friend. It's Brian's weekly "Lost" and Found e-mail:
--------------------------
I am trying to decide if last night's episode, "Fire Plus Water", was my second least favorite (after the Sun and Jin flashback one) because:

It focused on Charlie, a not very likeable character of late.
It had a number of scenes of the baby in danger.
It had way too many commercials. (Even though it had an hour and one minute time slot, the show itself was only 42 minutes long! Granted, 42 is one of The Numbers, but I'm sure this was just an unhappy coincidence.)
I was expecting something better before having to wait until February 8 to see the next new episode. (Don't let the "Coming Soon" fool you; next week's episode is a rerun of Hurley's lottery winning flashback.)
It featured grown men in diapers.
All of the above.
Did You Notice?
The painting on the stairway wall at young Charlie's house was of John the Baptist baptizing Jesus (mentioned later by Eko) and also featuring the two angels which is how Charlie saw his mother and Claire in his vision/dream/hallucination.

For some reason, I couldn't help but think of the rabbits in the book "Watership Down" when I saw young Charlie's bunny slippers. This book was being read by Sawyer in a season one episode. The two stuffed polar bear toys in the giant crib during the shooting of Charlie's band's diaper commercial? Add this to the polar bear in Hurley's comic book, the actual polar bears on the island, the stuffed polar bear that Michael gave to Walt, and the scene of the polar bears in the orientation film and that's a whole lot of polar bears!

Libby's comment about the bunker's washer and dryer looking newer than everything else? Ever since this season's premiere, there has been on-line discussion that these appliances looked very modern compared to the other aspects of Desmond's bunker. Does this mean that these were added after the bunker was built or is it possible that the show actually takes place in our future not now as some are hypothesizing.

Was it me or was Locke unusually weird last night? He came off as creepy in some scenes. Was it really in character for him to haul and punch Charlie like that? And why the need to keep the Virgin Mary statues, especially after changing the armory's combination again? We know he gave Kate the combo when Michael locked him and Jack inside, but why is he the only one who can know the combination?

Speculation
There have been on-line comments from viewers wondering if Libby is actually one of The Others and is a mole like Ethan and Goodwin. Some people mentioned that in last week's episode, the bearded leader of The Others looked concerned when Jack mentioned discovering the mole, but then looked relieved when Jack said Ethan's name. Could she have been in Desmond's bunker before the washer and dryer were delivered? Although she did give an accurate description of Hurley's state when he rushed onto Flight 815. But if he was last on the plane and was in the fuselage and Libby was in the tail section, how could he have stepped on her toes?

Another theory is that Libby is not really a clinical psychologist but a former asylum inmate of Hurley's who thinks she's a doctor. If this is the case, I'd like to see her flashback where throughout the episode we think she's really a doctor, only to have it revealed that the actual
doctors at the asylum are just letting her live in her fantasy world.

Favorite Line
"No, I'm not hittin' that." Jack's appropriate response to Ana Lucia's question regarding him and Kate, "Are you hittin' that?"

Previews
Anytime the previews start with the words "Coming Soon", you can expect next week to be a rerun. The new episode on February 8 appears to feature Sun being kidnapped (by The Others? Or could Michael need her help and is going to extremes to enlist it?), Locke trying to control things again, and we may see a reappearance of Walt and in flashback, Kate's mother.

Brian

Mad Slanted Powers
01-27-2006, 12:48 AM
I cracked up when Sawyer called Hurley "Jabba".

Some interesting insights here. I'll have to read through this whole thread when I get a chance. I don't usually notice a lot of these things.

* It focused on Charlie, a not very likeable character of late.Charlie may not be as likeable a character lately, but this flashback made me feel even sorrier for him than before. He was the one that tried to get his brother to straighten up for his family, and then when Liam decides to, he sells Charlie's piano and just leaves him there with nothing but more excuses to take more drugs.

Jayspawn
01-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Yeah Locke gave Charlie the beating of a lifetime.

Well we can kiss any sweet Charlie/Claire episodes goodbye for a while.

Jayspawn
01-27-2006, 10:42 AM
What bothered me was, why didnt Jack start asking questions to the Others?

For example:

How did 'they' get there?
How long have they been there?
Do the Others know where they are?
Do they know who Desmond is?
Where IS Desmond?
What is the alarm in the hatch and WHAT does it DO?
If they like the island so much, can the Flight survivors use the boat to get off since they want to be rescued?

The Flight survivors could have got a LOAD of answers since they were in the presence of The Others.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-27-2006, 06:46 PM
What bothered me was, why didnt Jack start asking questions to the Others?

For example:

How did 'they' get there?
How long have they been there?
Do the Others know where they are?
Do they know who Desmond is?
Where IS Desmond?
What is the alarm in the hatch and WHAT does it DO?
If they like the island so much, can the Flight survivors use the boat to get off since they want to be rescued?

The Flight survivors could have got a LOAD of answers since they were in the presence of The Others.Given the situation, he didn't really have a lot of time to ask questions, but one thing did bother me. The guy was telling him what rude guests they were and that this was "our island". I would have responded something like "we didn't ask to be here" and "we'd be more than glad to leave if we had a way." Of course, the Others probably don't want them to leave.

JEDIpartner
02-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Regarding last night's episode, "The Long Con", I wasn't surprised by the twists in Sawyer's flashbacks, but I certainly didn't see what was coming on the island itself. "There's a new sheriff in town, boys." Sawyer in charge of the guns? Life on the island is about to get a lot more interesting, I think. And how scary was Charlie coming out of the shadows at the end of the show?

Did You Notice?
Hurley mentioned Rose's husband was a dentist, then we see Sawyer brushing his teeth in his flashback. Is the American Dental Association now the sponsor for "Lost"?

Was it coincidence that Vincent the dog appeared before Sun's attack? Or was that a hint to us that Vincent knew the attacker (Charlie)?

Sawyer's waitress at the diner was Kate's mom?

When Sawyer went back into Cassie's house, the hallway table had a ceramic white bear and a rabbit statue on it. Now, we've seen polar bears all along, but maybe bunnies are going to start appearing. Sawyer reading "Watership Down", Charlie's bunny slippers in his childhood flashback, etc.

When Locke was going through the bunker's library (looking for more pieces of the Orientation film, maybe?), he was holding the American short story, "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge". This is the story of a Civil War soldier about to be hanged from the bridge of the title, but the rope breaks and he escapes. The soldier makes his way home to his wife only to suffer a severe neck pain as he greets her. It turns out his journey home was all in his mind and occurred in the seconds between his hanging and his death. The story was made into a short film and won a Cannes Film Festival award and then aired as an episode of the "Twilight Zone". When? In February of 1964, 42 years ago this month. (And as we all know, 42 just happens to be one of The Numbers.) It has never been shown in syndication and only aired one other time as a rerun in 1964, on September 11 (there's a date for you!). Does this reference to the story mean everything that is happening on the island is just the thoughts of one passenger as Flight 815 is crashing? Hmmm.

When Sawyer threw Jack the bottle of pills in the bunker, the first camera angle had Jack reaching out with his left hand, but in the next shot, he actually caught them with his right hand. Whoops.

How about Hurley's comment while listening to "Moonlight Serenade" on the radio that it could be coming from "any time". Another hmmm.

The Manuscript
Okay, this requires it's own section. Hurley was seen reading a manuscript that he found among the passengers belongings. The title was "Bad Twin" and it was written by Gary Troup, which just happens to be an anagram of the word "purgatory". The following two on-line excerpts report on the producers' plan for introducing this into the show.

From Sci-Fi Wire:
ABC's hit SF series Lost will spin off a book based on a supposed "found manuscript" by a character who didn't survive the crash of Oceanic flight 815, Variety reported. The character, Gary Troup, figures in upcoming episodes of the series.

Troup's supposed novel will be published by ABC sister company Hyperion Books. Hyperion has commissioned a novel by a "well-known" mystery writer?it's not saying who?that supposedly constitutes the book. In the past, ABC/Hyperion hired best-selling mystery novelist Ridley Pearson to ghost-write The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer: My Life at Rose Red, a prequel companion book to the 2002 Stephen King miniseries Rose Red.

Troup's book will be marketed as the work of an author who "delivered [it] to Hyperion just days before [he] boarded Oceanic flight 815."

The novel, Bad Twin, is a private-eye procedural involving a wealthy heir's search for his nefarious brother. It will be released this spring in conjunction with the network's related episodes, the trade paper reported.

From Editorial Reviews
Book Description
Sometimes evil has a familiar face . . . Paul Artisan, P.I. is a new version of an old breed -- a righter of wrongs, someone driven to get to the bottom of things. Too bad his usual cases are of the boring malpractice and fraud variety. Until now.

His new gig turns on the disappearance of one of a pair of twins, adult scions of a rich but tragedy-prone family. The missing twin – a charismatic poster-boy for irresponsibility -- has spent his life daring people to hate him, punishing himself endlessly for his screw-ups and misdeeds. The other twin -- Artisan's client -- is dutiful and resentful in equal measure, bewildered that his "other half" could have turned out so badly, and wracked by guilt at his inability to reform him. He has a more practical reason, as well, for wanting his brother found: their crazy father, in failing health and with guilty secrets of his own, will not divide the family fortune until both siblings are accounted for.

But it isn't just a fortune that's at stake here. Truth itself is up for grabs, as the detective's discoveries seem to challenge everything we think we know about identity, and human nature, and family. As Artisan journeys across the globe to track down the bad twin, he seems to have
moved into a mirror-world where friends and enemies have a way of looking very much alike. The P.I. may have his long-awaited chance to put his courage and ideals to the test, but if he doesn't get to the bottom of this case soon, it could very well cost him his life.

Troup's long-awaited Bad Twin is a suspenseful novel that touches on many powerful themes, including the consequence of vengeance, the power of redemption, and where to turn when all seems lost.

About the Author
Bad Twin is the highly-anticipated new novel by acclaimed mystery writer Gary Troup. Bad Twin was delivered to Hyperion just days before Troup boarded Oceanic Flight 815, which was lost in flight from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles in September 2004. He remains missing and is
presumed dead.

Coming next week...
Based on the previews for next week's show, I can't wait! (But when can I ever when it comes to this show?) The return of Rousseau (the crazy French scientist), a person who may or may not be one of The Others, and the countdown timer hits zero. The look on Locke's face: priceless. Also, the flashbacks will feature more of Sayid's past.

Brian

Jayspawn
02-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Once again Sawyer proved what a jerk he is. And makes you wonder, if he is a bad guy or not? Yeah it was creepy seeing Charlie come out of the shadows like that in the end. I'm glad he didnt take the statues. I didnt notice of that was Kate's Mom or not (and unfortunatly I saw but did not tape last night's episode).

I think its amusing that as tough as Sawyer is, he needs glasses to read. He sure make a scene when Jack took the pills back.

Next week looks VERY exciting!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-09-2006, 12:18 PM
JP- dude, are you on some sort of mailing list or something? seriously, let me know how to get on that because I'd LOVE to get that e-mail every thursday!!

I thought last nights episode was fantastic!!! I thought maybe Sawyer and Ana Lucia were in something together, but i couldn't believe it when Anak-i mean, disgruntled Charlie came out of the shadows at the end. I don't think Charlie is necessarily turning evil as he just wanted to make Locke look like an a-- for the incidents on the last new episode.

and yeah, next week, we see what happens when the numbers expire. So giddy! :crazed:

figrin bran
02-09-2006, 01:43 PM
JP, i'd love to get that email as well!

i think old hobbit boy (in the spirit of sawyer's nicknames for everyone) is rapidly descending into the dark side. note how he asked sawyer with regards to conning people "is it possible to learn this power?" (okay, not quite in those words but you get the point. and you could say palpy was the greatest long conner of them all) )

hurley's "maybe from another time...just kidding." were very intriguing. especially because he put in the "just kidding" at the end. we'll see.

James Boba Fettfield
02-09-2006, 05:20 PM
I most certainly did notice An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge when Locke was holding it.

It was one of those moments where I wished I was not watching the show alone so I could relate the information of Bierce's work to another.

We all have those moments watching Lost, right?

Mad Slanted Powers
02-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Does this reference to the story mean everything that is happening on the island is just the thoughts of one passenger as Flight 815 is crashing? Hmmm.
I've wondered something like this. What I've noticed is the sound they use whenever they cut to a flashback. It sort of sounds like the constant noise you hear on a plane. If I am on a plane and about to drift off to sleep and then suddenly snap out of it, there is a very short discontinuity in the sound. Maybe they are all still on the plane under some sort of group hypnosis.

Just before Hurley mentioned that the radio transmission could be from another time, I was thinking the same thing.

I was a little confused as to how Sawyer's long con went down in the flashback. Did he con his partner as well? I didn't quite figure out what happened in that final sequence at the house.

jonthejedi
02-10-2006, 03:42 AM
It's now a camp didvided...which is maybe what the Others want. Or are there others watching the Others?

JEDIpartner
02-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Hey there, guys! I am on my friend Suzanne's forwarding list. I always end up having to clean up the page(s) before I pass it on. Since I can't keep a list of everyone's e-mail addy at work, I will make sure that I post it up here every Thursday morning once I've got it all sorted.

Of course, that probably won't happen for the three weeks I'm in Japan. But... I'll keep up the best I can.

Cheers!!!

JEDIpartner
02-16-2006, 09:02 AM
"One of Them". Very interesting episode. We saw some different sides of the characters. Sayid was brutal during the interrogation, Jack showed some backbone when he realized what Locke and Sayid had done, Locke was momentarily helpless when Jack wouldn't let him punch in the numbers, and Sawyer was downright cruel when he killed the frog. I loved Sayid's speech to Henry about how he should remember everything about burying his wife, obviously relating how he felt doing the same for Shannon.

I laughed at Sawyer's nicknames for Hurley: first Rerun (from the TV show "What's Happening"), then Babar (the elephant from the children's books).

Did You Notice?
The captured man's name was Henry Gale. In "The Wizard of Oz", Dorothy's last name was Gale and she had an uncle Henry. Also, when the Wizard tries to return Dorothy home, he uses a hot air balloon. I kept waiting to hear his wife's name, wondering if it was Emily, as in Aunt Em. Nope, Henry said it was Jennifer. So, does this make Henry one of The Others? Sayid seems to think so. I liked Locke's comment that they're all essentially "others" to somebody and that it's "all relative". From the first moment I saw him, I was sure Sayid's military escort was Kate's dad (actually stepdad) from the recruiting office a few shows ago. In fact, the same show where Sayid could almost be seen on the office's television. The confirmation, of course, came at the end of last night's show, when the man had a picture of a much younger Kate. The captured Iraqi made reference to Sayid's father. I think this is the first father issue that has been made involving Sayid. For those of you who blinked, here are the hieroglyphics shown on the countdown clock before Locke could reset the computer.

The internet is a buzz with what these could mean. There are references to a father symbol, that it means "cause to die" or "to kill", and more. I found it interesting that when you sign into Lotus Notes (here at SW) and you type in your password, similar symbols show up on the left hand side of the sign-in box. Check it out for yourself, fellow SW-ers.

The Numbers - 4 8 15 16 23 42 (and sometimes 108)

The video shown to Sayid by the military included on the bottom of the screen the number sequence 23108-42.
Henry Gale supposedly crashed 4 months ago.
The pilot's body was buried in a field 4 kilometers from where the military was holding Sayid.
Sayid was 23 years old when the Americans came.
The first number of the changed combination was Right 15.Previews
Of course, "Coming Up on 'Lost"" means repeat next week. It's a rerun of the 2-hour pilot. See where it all began again. But then, on March 1, is the new episode "Maternity Leave". Based on the previews, Claire begins remembering what happened during her abduction, with help with psychologist (?) Libby. We saw flashes of an escape hatch and another hatch with the word "Dharma" and the caduceus (the medical symbol of the entwined snakes around a winged staff). According to the tvguide.com listing, we will see the return (in flashbacks?) of the bearded leader of The Others and Ethan. And Rousseau is still around.

See you in two weeks.

Brian

================================================== =======

For those who wish to further explore the mysteries of the symbols:
CLICK HERE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hieroglyphics#Uniliteral_signs)

JEDIpartner
02-19-2006, 07:52 PM
See? Look at that!!! Everyone gets all excited about the post and wants to be on a mailing list and then, when I post the next installment, no one gives a crap! :rolleyes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-20-2006, 12:04 AM
sorry suh!! I guess we've all been busy. I actually didn't even see the episode till late thursday because there were amber alerts in the dayton area and "Lost" got interrupted, so i had to wait until the copy i got via torrent.

I enjoyed the episode and yeah, i'm thinking that that dude was one of the others. That look he gave Sayid before Jack closed the blast doors (hehehhe) said too much and i CANNOT wait to see what happened to Claire. I'm pretty excited to see some more of our ole friend, Ethan, too. Man that basta-- creeped me out.

I also find myself getting kinda emotional when Sayid was beating the crap out of that guy and talking about burying the love of his life. I really felt for the guy and all he's gone through. Losing not only Shannon but his first love back in Iraq too.

can't wait for the 1st! :crazed:

Mad Slanted Powers
02-20-2006, 01:21 AM
The way those symbols were rolling around on the timer, reminded me of a slot machine.

figrin bran
02-20-2006, 01:53 AM
yes, we've all been busy Jedipartnr. sorry about that and thank you for being willing to post the updates every thursday! :thumbsup:

"henry gale" sure didn't sound like someone from minnesota ;)

JEDIpartner
02-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Oh, noh... daht's fer sher!

figrin bran
03-02-2006, 12:25 AM
update time, Jedipartnr! why does zeke need a fake beard? what was ethan injecting claire with? what's going to happen to henry gale next time? and what was that mind trick mr. gale stuck on locke at the end?

JEDIpartner
03-02-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm waiting on the e-mail...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-02-2006, 09:45 AM
update time, Jedipartnr! why does zeke need a fake beard? what was ethan injecting claire with? what's going to happen to henry gale next time? and what was that mind trick mr. gale stuck on locke at the end?

Hell, i could try to answer some of those.

1. Fake beard- conceal his identity or add an overall effect to the idea of the Others. Maybe the Others doing some sort of psychological test on the survivors (which would explain the button) and using the fake beard and stuff adds to it? Think about it: put a group of folks on an island and see how they react when they are attacked, stalked, etc. by a group of creepy Others. Which leads me to believe that these folks are leftover scientists from the Dharma project.

2. Mr. Gale- i think somehow he is trying to get out. The mind trick he used on Sucker Locke has one purpose in mind: to get out. He knows that if he gets under Locke's skin enough Locke will throw a temper tantrum and somehow this'll lead Henry getting out of the hatch, either by force (jumping Locke when he's in there, agitated?) or Locke releasing him in an act of defiance.

3. as for Ethan, no idea. :D

and this is the last new episode till March 22nd.

JEDIpartner
03-02-2006, 11:55 AM
That's completely stupid!! I hate network television!!!!!

Anyhow, I haven't heard from Suzanne so there may be no update for the week. Sorry, kids.

Yeah... he's definitely trying to conceal his identity. The odd thing is that Dharma has it's own brand of Theatre Glue (Spirit Gum)??!!! Sure, why not?

"Gale" is definitely trying to Mind F*** the survivors with whom he's had contact. If he's not, then something else is afoot!

vader121
03-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Well, I'm done with Lost. Too aggravating. I find it unacceptable to watch a show and get hints each week which only lead to more questions. Nothing gets answered on this show which kinda is like a drug. i have watched it now for 1.5 seasons and I've been aggravated by it since week 2.

Also this stuff about a new show every 3 wks is insane. I've had it.

JEDIpartner
03-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Man... I'd hate to be with you on a 15 hour plane ride. Yeesh!

dr_evazan22
03-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Matbe you guys talked about it before and I missed it, but did anyone question where the others come from? In the season 1 finale they arrived on a gasoline (diesel) powered boat. A small one at that. So how far away is the main base? How are they resupplied?

As for this ep... I can understand why the others would clear out the Dharma base of supplies, but why leave the costumes and such? But take the decorations from the kids room when evidence of it being there is imprinted on the walls?

JEDIpartner
03-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Well, they probably get gas from the supply ship that comes by to restock the Dharma compounds. No?

JEDIpartner
03-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Last night's episode, "Maternity Leave", had freaky flashbacks, unexpected moments, suspense, and raised new questions - I loved it! This is "Lost" at it's best. We saw a sorrowful side to Rousseau, a not-so-menacing appearance to the leader (?) of The Others, Ethan being especially creepy, and another violent outburst by Locke.

Observations
In addition to his new look, the leader of The Others revealed even he has to report to someone. "What are we going to tell him?" Is he referring to Alvar Hanso, the head of the Dharma Initiative? And will Hanso turn out to be the same man as Locke's father. And is Locke's father the real con man Sawyer? Only time will tell. I thought the casting of the actress who played Alex, Rousseau's teenage daughter, was perfect. You could easily believe they were related.

The discovery of the costumes and fake beard leads us to believe The Others are not what they seem. Is it all an act to keep the survivors on edge and not reveal their true motives?

So why is Eko chopping down trees? Is he clearing a space for something? Maybe so a hot air balloon can land? Hmmm.

Eko's confession to Henry was interesting. I haven't quite figured out the significance of him trimming his beard. Were the two braids of hair supposed to be symbolic of the two men he killed? Did Eko want to make sure Henry realized the killing was done in self-defense and he should be on their nice list and not their naughty one?

I loved how Henry was subtly instigating Locke and trying to drive a wedge between Locke and Jack. Based on how Locke "did the dishes", I'm guessing it worked.

I laughed when Jack and Locke warned Eko not to reveal why they were entering The Numbers and the look on their faces when Eko asked why were they doing it?

This week's Entertainment Weekly magazine had a two-page article of different theories as to what the show is all about. One of them was that the island is one big experiment and that The Others are the scientists monitoring the survivors' actions like mice in a maze. How realistic is it that a group of creative individuals could create a situation where many different people are captivated by something as simplistic as a series of numbers? But enough about that, back to my weekly e-mail that dissects the smallest details of a TV show.

The Numbers (4 8 15 16 23 42 and sometimes 108)
The only occurrence I caught was The Numbers showing up on the label of the serum bottle that was used on Claire.

Did You Notice?
The book left for Henry Gale, "The Brothers Karamazov" by Dostoevsky, deals with the strained relationship between a father and his sons. More daddy issues.

The serum injected into Claire appeared to be the same type of bottle that Desmond was using on himself in this season's premiere.

In addition to a stuffed polar bear by the table lamp, the Dharma nursery also included other bears and wall decorations of a lion and a tiger. Lions and tigers and bears? Oh my! Another reference to "The Wizard of Oz".

The airplane mobile over the crib in the hatch nursery appeared to be the same one Claire dreamt of in her nightmare in Season 1. The song it played was "Catch a Falling Star" which made sense since the toy planes were circling a silver star.
The actor who plays Henry Gale also starred in the movie "Saw". I thought it was funny that a saw was what Eko asked Locke for in the hatch.
I couldn't see the title of the book Sawyer was reading on the beach. Maybe something by Stephen King?
This episode was the first ever to not feature flashbacks from before the crash of Oceanic Flight 815. Claire's flashbacks last night obviously occurred on the island. Also, the flashbacks were not accompanied by the typical "whooshing" sound but an unnerving horn blast.

Coming Up
After such an enjoyable episode, the bad news is that we have to wait two, yes two, weeks of reruns ahead of us. Next week's show features Kate and Sawyer discovering the briefcase and Kate's flashbacks to visiting her doctor friend while on the run. The week after that, it's the episode from Season 1 where the survivors separate with some remaining on the beach and others going inland to the cave. With only 10 more episodes and the season finale supposed to be two back-to-back episodes, I'm guessing the producers are pushing out the new episodes so they end in May, which is a big month for ratings.

As for the next new episode, Sawyer and Ana go in search of Henry Gale's hot air balloon, which according to an on-line photo I saw does exist, right down to the big, yellow happy face.
Supposedly, the balloon was used by the Dharma Initiative to bring food to Desmond (remember him?). Also, we should expect to learn that Henry had dealings with Jin's father in the past. Yet another connection.

Well, I have to go cut some hair off my beard. I won't tell you if it's fake or not.

Brian

JEDIpartner
03-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Just a reminder (in case you forgot) that there is a new episode of "Lost tonight.

Is Sun pregnant? And if she is, since one season of the show is the equivalent of a month on the island, will we only see her have the baby if the show is on for nine more seasons? Or is Sun asking Sawyer for a pregnancy test for someone else? Rose was really happy to see Bernard and they have been kind of scarce lately. Stranger things have happened on this island. And I'm anxious to see if Sawyer truly has found a pregnancy test among the plane's contents. Actually, I'm hoping when Sun asks for the test, Sawyer looks her up and down and says "You do look fatter." That to me would be more believable than him having found a pregnancy test.

Plus, tonight Anna and others go in search of Henry Gale's hot air balloon. Ironically, my excite.com horoscope for today (Taurus, if you're wondering) reads: "You may wake up today tapping your heels together with the vague realization that you're definitely not in Kansas anymore. This time, even though you're not ordinarily fond of change, climbing into the balloon
with the Wizard won't bother you, mostly because you've been planning this for a while." Weird.

Even better news is that not only is tonight a new show, but there are new episodes scheduled for next week and the week after. If you want to know what those new shows are about, read on.

You're sure you want to know?

In a week, we will see more flashbacks of Locke and his relationship with Helen (Married with Children'sKaty Sagal) and the man who claimed to be his father only to get one of Locke's kidneys. Will we learn if this is the real con man Sawyer or is he the creator of the Dharma Initiative, Alvar Hanso, or maybe he's both? Will we see how Locke lost the use of his legs? Only time will tell.

Then, in two weeks, we will see Hurley's life inside the psychiatric hospital. And maybe we'll finally learn why Libby the clinical psychologist (?) looks familiar to him.

FYI - I have an extremely busy workday tomorrow but I will make every effort to get out my thoughts on tonight's episode as soon as I can for my loyal readers. Although, if it's anything like the last Jin and Sun flashback episode, I may not have much to say. But, as Rose might say, have faith.

Brian

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-22-2006, 09:31 AM
FINALLY!!!! We get to see Hurley in the hospital!!! It's about FREAKIN' TIME!!! :thumbsup:

i'm gonna have to cut out of work early tonight to get home in time, but the old lady my department won't even know i'm gone.

and reminder: the "Lost" score came out yesterday. It has all the "hits" that we music geeks wanted, minus the end theme from "the Moth" which I have ripped somewhere, so no worries. Check it out!! :crazed:

dr_evazan22
03-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Something must be done. I've just learned that my brother is being held in the hatch as a suspected "other". And from what I've heard, his treatment has been less than... humane. Who do these people think they are? Judge and jury? What gives them the right? This is not their court. This is not their island. Something must be done...

An excerpt from a LOST diary.

Hellboy
03-22-2006, 04:29 PM
I still enjoy Lost but ABC is killing the flow of this show and making me lose interest somewhat by playing only a few new episodes before assaulting us with what seems like endless repeats. :sad:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-22-2006, 09:29 PM
for some reason, i thought tonight dealt with Locke, but i was pretty giddy to see Sun and Jin. I had an idea that he was firing blanks, but it makes me wonder what sort of power this Island has. I mean, giving Locke his legs and now allowing Sun and Jin to have a child? Crazy stuff.

and seriously, how bada-- is Henry Gale? I was waiting for him to ask for milk and he placed it PERFECTLY. Great episode! :thumbsup:

dr_evazan22
03-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Henry was great tonight! He is perfectly pitting Jack and Locke against one another.

I was waiting for Ana Lucia to hit Charlie... He certainly deserves it. I'm wondering if his attitude and disrespect will clue in Ana and Sayed as to his involvement with Sun's beating. Charlie looked a bit beat up in this ep... When did that happen? (its been so long since we've seen consecutive ep's I kinda forget)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Henry was great tonight! He is perfectly pitting Jack and Locke against one another.

I was waiting for Ana Lucia to hit Charlie... He certainly deserves it. I'm wondering if his attitude and disrespect will clue in Ana and Sayed as to his involvement with Sun's beating. Charlie looked a bit beat up in this ep... When did that happen? (its been so long since we've seen consecutive ep's I kinda forget)

I was loving the comments he made to Ana Lucia. It was so arrogant and a-hole, but i couldn't help but love it. and I really don't think that Ana and Sayid will figure out it was him being involved with Sun's incident. and as for his appearance, i think just a combo of people thinking his kooky along with his involvement with Sawyer just have him beat up and whatnot.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-23-2006, 01:27 AM

While it has been weeks for us, it hasn't been that long for Charlie since Locke hit him.

figrin bran
03-23-2006, 01:31 AM
"no more cereal for you! Go back to your cell!!!!" that's what i would've told mr. gale.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-23-2006, 06:33 PM
for some reason, i thought tonight dealt with Locke, but i was pretty giddy to see Sun and Jin. I had an idea that he was firing blanks, but it makes me wonder what sort of power this Island has. I mean, giving Locke his legs and now allowing Sun and Jin to have a child? Crazy stuff.
I think the possiblity remains that Sun lied to Jin about not having been with another man.

dr_evazan22
03-23-2006, 06:54 PM
While it has been weeks for us, it hasn't been that long for Charlie since Locke hit him.

It's been so long I'd forgotten about that.

I noticed Locke was possessive of the hatch ("I want him out of MY hatch") when takling to Ana Lucia.

I think that Henry will end up being one of the "others", even though they are going to find the balloon in the next ep. I think, that in addition to pitting Locke and Jack against each other, he was also testing them to find out what they knew about the hatch when he was asking about the computer and such. It's possible that Henry is the cause of the blast doors closing. (blast doors... its so ingrained now, lol, is there another term for them?)

Hopefully Jack and Locke will realize how dangerous Henry is and again confine him and limit contact with him.

Jayspawn
03-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Henry is an idiot. If he was being held captive, he shouldnt have run his mouth the way he did. Aside from that, I'm not sre if he's one of The Others or not.

figrin bran
03-23-2006, 10:05 PM
maybe sun was lying. or maybe JMG is right and in the same way the island helped locke to walk again, it also made jin more umm, potent, i guess?

Mad Slanted Powers
03-23-2006, 10:45 PM
maybe sun was lying. or maybe JMG is right and in the same way the island helped locke to walk again, it also made jin more umm, potent, i guess?I've forgotten who the guy was that was teaching her English. In this episode, when he suggested that Jin would be happy that she was learning English, she was concerned that she would have to explain who she was learning from. I don't remember what went on between them before.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-23-2006, 11:21 PM
He was the guy that her father had arranged for her to meet and marry, but i believe he already had a girlfriend he was seeing and he didn't want to marry Sun, just be close friends. It was after the two of them kinda realized they weren't going to be a couple she left, walked around outside, bumped into Jin and the two hit it off.

I'm still going with the idea of the Island giving them the power to conceieve. Sun has been nothing but loyal to Jin and i don't think she'd have an affair. She was supporting him up till the end and even ended up not escaping to America because she loved him.

jonthejedi
03-24-2006, 03:49 AM
All things being equal...I can't wait for next week...looks to be a pivotal episode. Yuknow, answer two questions, raise five more!

dr_evazan22
03-28-2006, 11:07 AM
The LOST diary...

I confronted Locke today and demanded to be let into the armory to see my brother. But all Locke does is continue to deny his very existence. I can tell by the weay he looks at me that he is lying and I am going to find out the truth.

Jorje (Hurley) said one of the most difficult parts for him was running up the escalator on the season 1 finale. He had to do it repeatedly. If LOST were Purgatory, he'd still be on the escalator.

This episode should be kicking off the final 'act' of this season, setting off the storylines that will be followed, and furthering some of the island mythology. Coming up in May, there will be an internet component of Lost (HanselFoundation.org) that will be part of the 'LOST' mythology, in continuity.

According to the LOST podcast, which this is from, Desmond had been in the hatch, pressing that button, for 4 years. Meaning also, that Jack's flashback was at least 4 y/o too.

BTW, for those of you interested, individual episodes are available for purchase from iTunes for 1.99, including ALL episodes that have aired already. It also looks like they may have the season 2 DVD cover up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Dr. E- where are you getting these Lost diary excerpts from? I'm really rather curious now as that might tip off something that might happen on the show. :whip:

dr_evazan22
03-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Check out the LOST page on ABC.com. That's also where you can get the podcast.

DarthQuack
03-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Haven't read all the posts on last weeks episode, but did anyone else think the last voice in the preview was Desmond's?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Haven't read all the posts on last weeks episode, but did anyone else think the last voice in the preview was Desmond's?

Many folks on the Lost boards have said that as well, but the actor who plays Desmond hasn't shown up on any of hte cast lists for tomorrow night's episode. Maybe he'll show up though anyway, but as of right now, i think it might be Gale's voice.

dr_evazan22
03-29-2006, 08:43 AM
The LOST website also has video called "The Lost Moment" from individual ep's. For some reason when I click on it it doesn't play, else I'd tell you what was on them. Maybe one of you guys can watch them and post.

figrin bran
03-30-2006, 01:10 AM
ha! as i've said all along, mr. gale is a phony! ohhh you betcha he's not from minnesota.

James Boba Fettfield
03-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Saw this linked on another forum.

http://www.thehatchonline.com/images/dharmadoor2.jpg

dr_evazan22
03-30-2006, 06:25 PM
I was just about to post that as well. Here are a couple other shots of the blast door...

http://www.thehatchonline.com/images/dharmadoor.jpg
So. We've seen the Hatch, the Staff (med facility) and also the one on the other side of the island that the other group of survivors were in. That could be the one at the top of the map that we can't fully see, that appears to say "Arrow".

Original in B + W (http://sier_element.home.comcast.net/lost-wallenhanced3.png)

NADIA LIVES!!
----------------
Did anyone else notice that when Locke does the home inspection that the girl he's talking to is Sayid's Nadia? I confirmed it with my wife, she thought it was her as well. Where was Locke working? California, right?

The fake Henry Gale keeps yelling out to Locke during the broadcast to make sure Locke doesn't hear anything.

Does the blacklight picture correspond to the drawing they saw on the wall at the entrance?

1st of all...locke's dad is the one in the initiative video looking out the window of the tall building... referencing an earlier remark that Locke's father is on the island
... next, the doctor at the mental hospital where Hurley's friend goes is the same Chinese one from the initiative movie

Did anyone else think that 'Henry' remembered the numbers way to easily? If Locke can crawl thru the vents to escape, why would he need to pry the door up? Good ep!

edit: Someone on another blog thinks that the plane that flies over as Locke gets out of the car at the motel bears the Dharma symbol. I used my VCR to check, but don't get the best, stablest still pic. Can anyone that has a DVR check it out? Maybe post pics. It doesn't really look like it to me.

If you do have a DVR, see if you can get a cap or 2 of the wall inside the Hatch, when the blast door goes up. I can see that the numbers are on the wall, and can also make out a house and a palm tree.

figrin bran
03-30-2006, 09:57 PM
yes, i too thought that fake henry "remembered" the numbers way too easily. locke only stated them once and yet that was enough to commit to memory?

among the many, many things the map reveals...the polar bears (referred to on map by species and genus ursus maritumus) are part of a gene therapy/extreme climate experiment.

figrin bran
05-18-2006, 10:12 PM
ha, henry is old news now.

it's good to see that at least sayid is onto michael being compromised and it's interesting that the others want Jack, Sawyer, Kate and Hurley.

Turbowars
05-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Funny how I never liked Michael from the get go and now if I saw the guy on the street, I would probably kick him in the nuts. The group of people they want all have the # relationship.

UKWildcat
05-18-2006, 11:23 PM
I'd give Michael a swift kick in the nuts too.

I was expecting the last one to come flying back at Charlie like the Necronomicons attacking Ash scene from Army of Darkness
lol That is great. I can see it now.

I'd also like to see Ms. Klugh take a bullet to the brain, preferably after it had passed through Michael's head, too.
Agreed. I'd pay good money to see that.

Alex, Rousseau's daughter, was very curious about Claire and her baby.
Yea, I noticed this too. I guess that is because she helped Claire escape that one hatch and she is curious as to if the baby is alright from the tests and experiments or whatever they were doing to her baby. I think Alex is genuine and I can see her flipping on "the others" and helping Jack and the gang somehow in the future... or "the others" will figure this out and kill her.

Speaking of Claire, I guess everyone else saw her hold Charlies hand at the end of this episode. Maybe this will mean Charlie won't be sooo looney anymore now that he can focus back on Claire and drowning the baby.

OC47150
05-19-2006, 07:24 AM
I've given up on Lost. I might try to get caught up during reruns this summer.

One new episode, then two or three weeks of reruns just wasn't cutting it.

And it's not as riveting this season.

James Boba Fettfield
05-19-2006, 10:32 AM
A problem for me was trying to get used to watching it as it was broadcast. I only started watching season 1 on tv from the Hurley backstory episode (was it called Numbers?) to the finale. I then watched the whole season in a few days when it was released on DVD. The way they handled the showing of it was quite a change from what I was used to, especially since it's serial and not a series of standalone plots like an episode of Law and Order or CSI.

Thankfully ABC will be airing two blocks of Lost for Season 3. A seven week run to kick things off and then coming back in 2007 to run the remaining episodes until the season's end. Should make for much better viewing.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Thankfully ABC will be airing two blocks of Lost for Season 3. A seven week run to kick things off and then coming back in 2007 to run the remaining episodes until the season's end. Should make for much better viewing.I think they learned their lesson from this year as they lost some of their audience.

figrin bran
05-19-2006, 11:26 AM
sure, the new scheduling may sound like a great idea now but check back after the 7th episode next season which will have the obligatory mini cliff hanger of course and see if you aren't clamoring that the hiatus is too long to wait :p

James Boba Fettfield
05-19-2006, 11:35 AM
It's similar to how Fox handled Prison Break this season and while it was a bit of a wait to get the show back (when did it come back, sometime in March?), I was very satisfied come season's end.

JEDIpartner
05-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Yea, I noticed this too. I guess that is because she helped Claire escape that one hatch and she is curious as to if the baby is alright from the tests and experiments or whatever they were doing to her baby. I think Alex is genuine and I can see her flipping on "the others" and helping Jack and the gang somehow in the future... or "the others" will figure this out and kill her.

I would love to see her as an ally. Sadly, then she bashed zeke in the head to allow Michael to escape, I have to wonder if she 1) Ran off into the jungle, 2) Claimed that one of the newcomers followed him back and smacked him, 3) got killed by the Others, or 4) is being held by the Others in another bunker.

Bosskman
05-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Bosskman's lost predictions:

Locke's dad is the real "Mr. Sawyer" that Sawyer wants to kill.

Claire and Jack are related somehow.

More of the stories Libby, Boone, and Shannon will be revealed somehow.

Jack's dad isn't really dead.

Michael isn't Walt's real father.

Sun's dad is somehow related to Dharma/Hanso.

Susan aint really dead.

This stuff will come up in season 3.

James Boba Fettfield
05-24-2006, 02:03 PM
For you guys who are doing the whole Lost experience (the Hanso website stuff, reading Bad Twin, etc.), you might want to stay up and watch Jimmy Kimmel's show tonight.

Take a look at who his guests are:
Wednesday, May. 24: Actor/director Jon Favreau, Bass Champion Mike Iaconelli, Hugh McIntyre from the HANSO Foundation. Bus Stop Giveaway: New York City

JEDIpartner
05-24-2006, 06:20 PM
WOOOOOOO!!!! Can't wait for the season finale tonight!! It's going to ROCK!!

UKWildcat
05-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Interesting JBF. I'll have to tune in to Kimmel and see what thats all about.

No kidding JEDIp.... And its 2 hours! :love:

James Boba Fettfield
05-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Now begins the wait!

I'm surprised Walt didn't show more concern for his old island buddies. I do hope Desmond lives as I have come to care a great deal about him. And what was the deal between Jack and Kate before they had the hoods put on?

JP, man, I can't wait to see what your weekly email has to say about this one.

UKWildcat
05-24-2006, 11:13 PM
JP, man, I can't wait to see what your weekly email has to say about this one.

lol No kidding, I can't wait to see what JP has to post about this one.

Excellent ep. A lot of questions were answered and more were asked. Desmond is an awesome character 'brother', and I hope he survives as well. I was glad to see Clancy Brown as a guest. Very pleased with that one. :pleased:

figrin bran
05-25-2006, 01:03 AM
i'm still watching as we speak. great great episode so far but they really should've shot michael when they had the chance and there's really no frakkin way ekko should've survived a dynamite blast in such close quarters.

alright, it just ended. i hate michael even more now.

JBF, i'd like to think of Jack, Kate and Sawyer's nod to each other right before the hoods were put over them as being analogous to Luke nodding to Lando as he was standing on the plank of Jabba's Sail Barge.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-25-2006, 01:38 AM
Fantastic episode. I love the connections and crazy things that they toss in this show.

Thoughts:
1. I really don't think Locke and Eko are dead. We never physically asw charlie run out of the hatch and even if he did, he couldn't ahve gotten that far before it blew. And he even said, "What, they didn't come back yet?" therefore MIGHT be implying he saw them hanging around, shootin' the **** before he left. Maybe i'm just hoping!
2. I'm curious to see how Sayid's US General buddy got down there.
3. My buddy asked if Gale is so damned important, how did he get caught? Only idea: it's more of an experiment or test to see how far Michael would go for his son. Think about it: Gale is captured only after Michael runs off. Maybe he wants to see how far he will go (ie- killing Ana and Libby) before he gives him back his child. Just an idea!
4. I really think Jack had a backup plan. You saw how he calmly nodded to Hurley that it was okay to leave and that's why he eyed to Kate.
5. Jack's crazy eyes creep me out, in a cool way.
6. Jin, Sun, and Sayid will HAVE to come to the rescue in the beginning of season 3.
7. I really think something is up with Walt/Michael getting away so easy.
8. I loved the connections tossed in this episode: Libby--> Desmond. That General sayid knew --> desmond.

I can't wait for Season 3! I can't wait for the second season DVD/soundtrack and i can't wait for the figures! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
05-25-2006, 02:10 AM
they probably put just half a tank of fuel in michael's boat and so he might not get very far and then the others would just recapture him and walt.