PDA

View Full Version : Southern Island... issues, anyone?

JEDIpartner
09-29-2004, 11:38 AM
I ordered some merchandise a couple months back and sent them an e-mail about 2 weeks later asking what "in process" meant. I received a response stating the "in process" meant they were waiting for a shipment to arrive and the items would be sent as soon as they did. Two months later, I received my charge card statement showing the full amount had been charged to my account and yet, I had no change in status from Southern Island. Once again, I e-mailed them to express my concern. That was about a week-and-a-half ago. I have not heard back from them. I called their 800 number just moments ago as they post their business hours from 9-5 PST. I received a Voice Message. I left a message and am awaiting a response. If I do not receive a response by end-of-day, I will be calling my credit card company to have the charge removed.

Anyone else have issues with SouthernIsland.com?

JEDIpartner
09-29-2004, 02:31 PM
Okay... I FINALLY got through to them. A very nice gentleman explained that Hasbro is shipping some of their cases in limited numbers to them so they are unable to fulfill all of the orders. The charged my account with the first shipment, assuming their full order would be arriving soon afterward. He offered to cancel the order as they may not have all of their orders shipped out until the middle to end of October.

Because of his excellent customer service, I have no issues about doing business with them again.

Cheers...

Bacta Beast
09-29-2004, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't call that excellent, why didn't someone answer the first time you called. And it seems like bad buisness to charge someone's account until they have the product ready to ship. Thanks for the warning I say!

JEDIpartner
09-30-2004, 09:13 AM
The person who answered the second call was professional, curteous and offered options and alternatives. THAT is good customer service.

jedi master sal
10-02-2004, 04:31 PM
I'll reserve any judgment until such times as the sandcrawler ships. I ordered mine through them at a great price. So your post has me a little leary, but like I said, I'll wait until then.

-Sal