PDA

View Full Version : luke and leia kissing....

mrpauldeeds
10-02-2004, 02:01 AM
okay, i know they didnt know they were brother and sister in ESB, when then kissed like 3 times throughout the movie.:kiss: But why would lucas make them kiss, or her kiss him that many times, i can understand the one when luke has his hand choped off, thats for sympaty. But really, lucas knew they were brother and sister from the beginging, why make them kiss in hoth like they are a couple?? I know it was to make han jelous, i think she should have kissed Chewy cuz she said "id just soon as kiss a wookie" (or something near to that)i dunno does anyone else think weirdly about this? im sure after ROTJ luke and leia must think, "omg, i kissed my sister/brother!!":Ponder:

but you know whatever, whatever floats his boat.

i just dont think those kiss scenes shoulda been in there reguardless if they didnt know.......... you know???:confused:

derek
10-02-2004, 02:10 AM
But really, lucas knew they were brother and sister from the beginging,

i don't think he had them as siblings when the first two films came out. i think think this was added in for ROTJ. one of our resident experts will be here soon to elaborate on this. ;)

Kidhuman
10-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Even if Lucas knew, the audience did not. In that case we were as shocked to see it. BUt I really didnt think about that when I saw ROTJ at 8 or 9 years old. It wasnt untuil about 3 or 4 years later when I was like "SHe kissed her brother."

B'Omarr Monkey
10-02-2004, 11:37 AM
I think that those scenes further support the idea that despite GLs claims to have a grand vision of the whole SW story, he was really making things up as he went along. He had to do something to deal with the whole "there is another" bit left over from TESB, and this clearly made the most sense to him when he was writing ROTJ. Obviously, if he had known that Leia was going to be the other and was going to turn out to be Luke's sister while he was writing TESB, he would have eliminated the deep kiss between her and Luke in Echo Base.

I think ANH was really designed to be a one-shot movie. Obi-Wan's sacrifice nad being made more powerful than Darth could possibly imagine paid off with the assist in blowing up the Death Star and Luke and Leia were definitely given the white knight and princess relationship, with no notion that they were siblings ever occuring to GL at the time.

Or, I could be completely wrong and GL just might have a thing about keeping those bloodlines pure. ;)

Rocketboy
10-02-2004, 01:10 PM
I think Lucas had the idea that they were brother and sister but wasn't sure if he was going to follow through with it.
I remember seeing an interview where he said that he'd considered changing "I am your father." He wasn't sure if it was a good idea making Vader Lukes' dad, but after thinking about it, he decided to keep with his original idea (Thank God).

B'Omarr Monkey
10-02-2004, 11:05 PM
What's interesting is that GL didn't feel a need to change the TESB scene after the fact. Han shooting first= bad. Leia giving Luke an intense kiss, and then Luke exhaling and looking like he really, really enjoyed it=good? Puzzling.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-02-2004, 11:13 PM
Holy monkey, why is this such a big deal? To me, it creates kind of a funny tone to the whole "kissing" scene (s) that go on in the saga between Luke and Leia. It also makes for a few great moments such as the whole debacle on Hoth where Luke thinks he's the man and Han gets all flustered.

You guys are reading far too much into it. It was meant as a humor like, "ah, she kissed her bro! That's hilarious!" :D

Tonysmo
10-03-2004, 04:14 AM
Holy monkey, why is this such a big deal? To me, it creates kind of a funny tone to the whole "kissing" scene (s) that go on in the saga between Luke and Leia. It also makes for a few great moments such as the whole debacle on Hoth where Luke thinks he's the man and Han gets all flustered.

You guys are reading far too much into it. It was meant as a humor like, "ah, she kissed her bro! That's hilarious!" :D

I agree... had she jammed her toungue down his throat there would be alot more to discuss.
:sur: