PDA

View Full Version : They'll BLOW YOU UP!

stillakid
10-02-2004, 10:44 AM
So, Jake-akin said that slaves had some implant that kept them in line or else their owners would blow them up.

Did Anakin ever have that removed? Is he still a walking bomb? Could a random radio signal at the inconvenient right wavelength send him into a gazillion pieces? I mean, if we are going to have to deal with "the will o' the Force" being the underlying rationale for major plot points to occur, then isn't this idea...that Anakin still has explosives implanted...just as plausible? And wouldn't that make him just as mad as anything else?

DarthQuack
10-02-2004, 11:06 AM
Interesting it is, think about I will.

Rocketboy
10-02-2004, 12:12 PM
If you go by the EU. in one of the Episode 1 one-shot comics, Qui-Gon has Watto deactivate it.

Slicker
10-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Where do you think all of the fireworks above Endor came from? When Luke lit his papa up he gave a fireworks extravaganza.

darthvyn
10-02-2004, 06:33 PM
Where do you think all of the fireworks above Endor came from? When Luke lit his papa up he gave a fireworks extravaganza.

awesome. lmfao!

interesting point, but there's a lot of time in between the first two episodes, so i'm willing to bet at some point it was removed or deactivated. it's like the same as asking "how did luke make a new lightsaber and why is it green?" a question that makes sense, but is in retrospect not all too intregal to enjoying the flicks.

Kidhuman
10-02-2004, 09:03 PM
I think it is what drove him insane. Palpy latched on to it and sent shockwaves through hs body.

B'Omarr Monkey
10-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Maybe once he's out of range, it works more like a shock collar that keeps a dog from barking. Every now and then Watto goes into his crazy old man mode and pushes the button just for the hell of it and like kidhuman says, it drove him nuts.

"That buzzing in my brain, it's telling me to do things."

Rocketboy
10-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Maybe once he's out of range, it works more like a shock collar that keeps a dog from barking. Every now and then Watto goes into his crazy old man mode and pushes the button just for the hell of it and like kidhuman says, it drove him nuts.
And everytime Watto pushed it or everytime Obi-Wan used the microwave, Anakin would wet himself and forget who he was for a half hour.

Tonysmo
10-03-2004, 03:09 AM
Im not to sure if it was removed.. we can assume it was.

My question is HOW does one 7 year old kid ( yeah chock full of Midi's ) can build a protocol driod.. AND a Pod racer.. but cant seem to locate that damn chip.. of ALL the things he could have been building.. you'd think he'd build a metal detector..

to me.. thats Just WIZARD!!

JediTricks
10-03-2004, 06:11 PM
How do you think Anakin gets turned into a mechanical monster? Qui-Gon left Ani's detonator to Obi-Wan, and Obi-Wan would threaten Ani with it during his training whenever the kid would screw up.

ANAKIN: I don't wanna practice my levitation! You're just holding me back!

OBI-WAN: Ani! No! Bad padawan! Don't make me go get the button!

ANAKIN: Eep! I'm sorry, I'll behave.

OBI-WAN: That's better. Eventually, Anakin fell under Palpatine's influence, and Palpy convinced the boy that there was no button or even an implant, it was just a rouse to make him behave. Ani confronted Obi-Wan, yelling about doing whatever he wanted, and Kenobi had no choice but to push the button. BOOM! Off came Ani's arm, a big portion of his torso, and most of his legs.

This all ties in to Ben's line to Luke about thinking he could train Ani as well as Yoda trained him, Lucas idea was to change it to seem as if Yoda was a horribly cruel master to young Obi-Wan and that suffering is the only way to discipline.

2-1B
10-04-2004, 01:38 AM
And everytime Watto pushed it or everytime Obi-Wan used the microwave, Anakin would wet himself and forget who he was for a half hour.

So Anakin hangs around a lot with Cousin Eddie ?