PDA

View Full Version : Which main characters still haven't been done right?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Yes, the main characters have been done to death, but in some cases, they're still not perfect. What figures of the main characters do you still want to see made? And don't say "I don't want main characters, they suck!" Just say which versions you still want.

Luke Skywalker
*Stormtrooper Disguise - a short, but not too short, clean version with helmet, blaster, binders for Chewie, a wall console thing (like Wat Tambor) from the cherry red control room, and lots of articulation.
*Yavin Ceremony - both of the ones we have now aren't very good. Do it in a scene with Han and Leia (details later). Give him a medal, and make him sort of smiling, but not too much. And a blaster in his holster.
*Rebel Pilot - based on ESB/ROTJ, from the Hoth and Daghobah scenes. Maybe with removable coat and chestpiece/hoses, for when he's talking to 2-1B. At least with a helmet (with adjustable visor), switchable hands (regular, shot, and gloved), and articulation.
*Endor/Death Star II - like the Jabba's Palace one. Heck, even use his head. But a new right hand, with a glove, and so he can hold things with it. And a DSII body, with more articulation than the Saga Jabba's Palace version. With lightsaber, binders, helmet, cloth poncho, belt, and a crapload of articulation.

Han Solo
*Stormtrooper Disguise - a correct height, clean version. With helmet, blaster, rifle, console ("Boring conversation anyway!"), and articulation.
*Yavin Ceremony - in the aforementioned Screen Scene. With his collar tucked in all nice and neat, maybe smiling a little bit. And a medal, plus a blaster in his holster.
*Echo Base - without his hood on, or his head wrap thing from the POTF figure (which he didn't even wear). From when he's talking to the deck officer. Includes blaster.
*Bespin Torture - everyone wants this one! He should be getting ready for it, just try to make his face look right. Includes light-up torture rack with sounds and moving chair thing.
*In Carbonite - the other block is too wide, and not very accurate. Have one that can actually be enclosed in it, maybe have a removable front part a la ROTJ? However he should be clean, and with the right shirt (without buttons, preferably). His arms can come off and switch places with Endor Han's (see below), and his hands too so for different poses. Includes carbonite block, wrist binders, arm binders, and articulation enough to make his arms in the position they're in in the carbonite.
*Endor Trenchcoat - the other one is too bulky, and the accessory pack version isn't right. Make it plastic again, but make the figure look good. And have his arms be able to switch places with the carbonite version, so we can take his coat off, like Dodonna and Antilles, plus his hands, so they're not open like he's in carbonite. With blaster and Endor base, maybe with snapping twig.

Princess Leia Organa
*Yavin Ceremony - in the Screen Scene. The correct height, with no medals but able to hold them.
*Jabba's Slave - laying on her side, like she did in the palace. She doesn't really have to be able to stand up. With metal chain, pillows, and sitting, horny Salacious Crumb. :D
*Endor Gear - sort of like Luke. Without the giant crotch from the other versions, please. With helmet, cloth poncho, blaster.

Chewbacca
*Ewok Trap - the VOTC one looks great, maybe with less articulation so it can be less money, though. Includes dead animal and net, with clasp so R2 can "cut" it in half.

I'll do more later.

Knightfall
10-02-2004, 01:50 PM
How about a new Leia Boussh? The one from '96 is starting to look kind of outdated next to newer figures.

Kidhuman
10-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Luke Jedi DSII
Boushh
Bib Fortuna
Gam Guard
Jabba(he needs his dang throne)

Probably a few more, but I will list them later as well

DarthQuack
10-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Princess Leia

B'Omarr Monkey
10-02-2004, 10:43 PM
My issues are more about the facial likenesses vs any questions of pose, or comparison height. IMO none of the Luke's look like Mark Hamill, the holographic Luke from the Saga line looks the closest. Between the overly released Commtech Han and the VOTC version, we've got two dead on likenesses to Harrison Ford. None of the Ben Kenobi's look anything like Alec Guinness, though the OTC Dagobah Ben is closest (must be something about being a hologram, or ghost). Leia has had some pretty decent ones in the POTJ line, Chewbacca has had a few good releases, though he still needs a good ANH sculpt. R2, 3PO, Darth, and Lando have all been done justice. The best Yoda was still the POTF2 version. These new ones are not only the wrong color green, but the VOTC one looks nothing like Yoda from TESB. He looks more like Mel Brooks in Spaceballs. We need a good Yoda. Am I missing anyone?

I'm guessing we're just talking the OT here? If we're including the PT, I'll be back to rant further.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-02-2004, 11:21 PM
We can also talk PT, I just listed those first.

C-3PO
*Anakin's Droid - the one from the EI line is okay, but something's not quite perfect. Give him a flag, blanket, and removable eye.
*Jabba's Interpreter - with slimy detail and interchangeable heads (eye in, eye out).
*Ewok God - this one needs to have a lot of articulation, since the VOTC one doesn't. Includes Ewok throne.

R2-D2
*Battle of Yavin - messed up, like he was after the Death Star battle. Maybe with one of those things that lifted him in and out of the X-wing.
*Echo Base - we've had tons of periscopes, but no real, long, sensorscopes like the one on Hoth. Give him a Hoth cave piece for good measure.
*Skirmish at Carkoon - with a better pop-up saber, one that's not already extended. It doesn't even have to fly out, just so it can come up and be removable. Also with a little electro thing to cut Leia's chain or to sting Teebo.
*Endor Shield Bunker - with all his parts out, all his doors open, and maybe a few explosion effects like the one Saesee Tiin has from the Saga line. I don't think he should be resealable since that would make the figure cheap and flimsy.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
*Celebration Ceremony - one without his Padawan braid. Heck, put one in there, but have it be removable, to have him in virtually any scene. He needs to be standing neutral in his cloak, the EI Naboo one didn't do it for me. Includes lightsaber.
*Jedi Detective - like the last one, but for AOTC. Includes saberdart, lightsaber, Dooku bust.
*Millennium Falcon - the VOTC version is okay, but far from perfect. One needs to be made with articulated knees, really. So have a cloth bottom half and moving knees, plus unignited saber and "levitating" training remote for Luke.
*Jedi Spirit - the new one is good, but there should be a Screen Scene for the new DVD version of that scene. So give him less action-posed arms.

mrpauldeeds
10-03-2004, 12:42 AM
PADME !!!!:dead: omg almost all of her figs look like guys. if any core charectors need fixing, its her.

so make a new padme that has a good pait job so it doesnt look like she has side burns, and a girly face would be nice as well.

i also think a leia boushh would be nice, just an updated version would be cool.

and a.....LUKE DEATH STAR II......another one that neeeeds to be updated (i just dont like the saga one at all) :ermm:

Slicker
10-03-2004, 02:35 PM
They should redo Han Solo in Carbonite. Not only because it's been over 5 years since they've made one but his sculpt is still the POTF2 beefy Han. They could also improve on the block if they wanted to.

vadersvette
10-03-2004, 03:19 PM
They should redo Han Solo in Carbonite. Not only because it's been over 5 years since they've made one but his sculpt is still the POTF2 beefy Han. They could also improve on the block if they wanted to.
I think they should make the carbonite block with an interchangable/removeable front. Have one front the frozen one, and the other the red 'melting' one. Also give Han interchangable arms or SA arms to have them up as they appear imprinted in the carbonite.
IMO, I think they should change the Ultra figures back into deluxe figures, and create a new line called 'ultra' with SA figures (no rehashes of the VOTC, except for maybe the Stormtrooper) and each figure comes with a ton of accessories. For example:
ROTJ Luke would be Super-Articulated and come with: his lightsaber, saber hilt, interchangable hands (gloved/not gloved), Jedi tunic (maybe an interchanable torso and chest, or either a snap-on or cloth tunic), Jedi cloak, Endor poncho, belt, and helmet, binders, and a stand (possibly the pole he was tied to during the Ewok banquet.) :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Anakin Skywalker
*Padawan Learner - a neutral, super articulated version with his cloak. His face hasn't ever really been right, they need to work on that. Includes lightsaber, droid factory piece, cloak.
*Redemption - in his armor, but with a removable helmet, a good one. And now without his eyebrows, and with whiter areas around the eyes. No hand, either. Plus the big scar on the back of his head from ESB, which was missing from the Throne Room Duel version. Includes cloth capes, two-piece removable helmet.
*Funeral Pyre - big and burning. It can even be combined with the one I said above. But he needs to be on fire, and look good.
*Jedi Spirit - like it or not, Hayden's in ROTJ. IN a Screen Scene with Obi-Wan and Yoda. Make sure his sleeves are the right length, maybe just re-tool a ROTS figure into a ghost, but with lighter tunic.

Padmé Amidala
Do I really need to list all of them? They're on the right track with Celebration Ceremony, now keep going, all of the costumes from TPM, AOTC, and ROTS.

Qui-Gon Jinn
*Jedi Protector - a neutral, yet articulated robed Qui-Gon. Includes lightsaber.
*Funeral Pyre - similar to the Vader I mentioned earlier, but let him come off the pyre (have fire that covers him, though) for the death scene. Includes pyre, fire.

Darth Maul
*Darth Sidious's Apprentice - a super articulated version, with removable cloth cloak, but make it good. He should be VOTC quality. Includes cloak, lightsaber.

Palpatine
*Emergency Powers - the other costume from AOTC.
*Supreme Ruler - an Emperor that really rocks. He can sit down or kick Luke's butt. Includes chair, cloth robe, cane, real lightning (not that crap from the Throne Room version).

Lando Calrissian
*Millennium Falcon - just give the Yavin Ceremony Han I mentioned earlier a Lando head and different hand/pants paint, and we're good to go.
*Endor Celebration - just so we have one. It's a little different than his General costume. Includes blaster.

Mace Windu
*Jedi Master - a really kick-*** version with a crapload of articulation and a correct oversized robe (which should be no problem for Hasbro!). He should be able to be neutral, be in action poses, or in the "This Party's Over" scene. Includes cloak, lightsaber, testing screen (from TPM).

B'Omarr Monkey
10-03-2004, 11:40 PM
PT characters:

Again, I'm going to stick with likenesses, otherwise I'll be here all night complaining about all the weird "action" features, and oddball poses.

Anakin - J.L. done, though if they gave us a podracing Anakin with a removable helmet w/clear lenses, I'd be okay with that.

Anakin - H.C. None of them really look like him. The hair color is off as well. I don't know if we'll be seeing any AOTC Anakin's in the near future, but these are some resculpts I'd be happy to see.

Qui-Gon - I hope to never see another Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - I thought the TPM Obi-Wans were all pretty good. The AOTC ones, however looked nothing like him, and again, the hair was way off. These need to be redone as well, at least a basic Obi-Wan w/cloak, and one without.

Padmé Amidala - I actually like pretty much all of them. I would really like to see all of her costumes done though.

Palpatine - These are good as well. I would welcome his other costumes as well.

Dooku/Tyrannus - Most are pretty good, though a dead on likeness to Christopher Lee would be nice to see.

Yoda - PT Yodas, like the recent OT Yodas are terrible. The likeness was okay on the TPM Yoda, but that green color they are using is way way off.

Mace - TPM Maces = good. AOTC Maces = bad. I do appreciate the attempt at giving him some expressions, though they didn't work, nor do I think he ever used them in the movie. He seemed to keep his consistent steely stare. A great Mace would also be welcome.

R2-D2 - A new R2 with his booster rockets in the right place would be nice to see. Otherwise, he's been done really well.

C-3PO - I'd like to see a good AOTC version. The snap on armor one didn't do it for me.

Darth Maul - not really a principal character. See Qui-Gon.

Jango Fett - Not really a principal character, though you'd think so the way he's been mass manufactured. One out of his armor would be acceptable. Any more in his armor would not.

I think that does it for the principal characters.

Devo
10-04-2004, 03:02 PM
First of all let me state that I am totally opposed to soft-goods clothes on any of my preferances below.

I agree on resculpts of:

a new Han Hoth with hood down
a new snowspeeder pilot Luke with the level of costume detail that Dutch Vandar has
a new Luke in Endor poncho with removable helmet
a new Leia endor with removeable helmet
a new throne room duel Luke with double handed lightsaber grip
a new Luke Yavin ceremony
a new Leia Yavin ceremony
a new Luke stormtrooper
a new Han stormtrooper
a lying down slave Leia
a new Leia Boussh
a smaller Leia ewok celebration with some hair hanging down frontally

For outfits not yet made:

Lando smugglers gear
Lando ewok celebration
Han Bespin torture
Luke Hoth med-bay
Luke Medical frigate
Leia Medical frigate

B'Omarr Monkey
10-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Count me in as anti-soft goods. I'd say soft goods were succesful on maybe four figures; Qui-Gon with the loin cloth flap, Obi-Wan Kenobi with the loin cloth flap, Darth Vader w/ the Interrogation droid, and well, I can't think of another one, so maybe I'm wrong, but I'm willing to concede 4 for the benefit of the doubt.

Devo
10-05-2004, 09:25 AM
Count me in as anti-soft goods. I'd say soft goods were succesful on maybe four figures; Qui-Gon with the loin cloth flap, Obi-Wan Kenobi with the loin cloth flap, Darth Vader w/ the Interrogation droid, and well, I can't think of another one, so maybe I'm wrong, but I'm willing to concede 4 for the benefit of the doubt.

Those were the exceptions I had in mind. Everything else has just looked ridiculous.

Slicker
10-05-2004, 05:36 PM
I really loved the cape on the Interrogation Vader because it was so light and moved if caught in a little breeze to recreate the Empire Strikes Back scenes. Why they can't make all the soft goods like that is quite beyond my capacity. Some of these figures might actually look better if they had some reasonably good looking soft goods.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Yoda
*Meditation Chamber - sitting, legs crossed, on his chair thing. He should also be able to be adjusted so he can sit in a Jedi Council chair the right way. Includes chair.
*Jedi Spirit - in the Obi-Wan/Anakin Screen Scene I mentioned earlier. This needs to look good, start with an all new sculpt. Includes fence.

Jango Fett
*Kamino Apartment - no armor whatsoever.
*Bounty Hunter - a VOTC Boba-quality Jango. With a lot of articulation, and stuff. Includes helmet, blasters, jetpacks (both of them), fizz effects for jetpack.

Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, and Anakin - Take Two
Can't believe I forgot these!
*Luke - Medical Frigate - from the final scene of ESB. I think he should have soft goods bottom half, like the Jedi Council set figures, those were done pretty well. He should be able to hold Leia's shoulder. His hand can come off and be connected to that thing that 2-1B put on him, also it can just be normal. Includes hand, wrist thing.
*Leia - Medical Frigate - same scene as Luke. Put a new head on an ANH-style body and we're good to go.
*Leia - Boushh Disguise - other people have touched on this one as well. She should have more articulation, and nothing permanently molded in her hands. Includes helmet, staff, detonator, "melting" carbonite block.
*Chewbacca - Jabba's Palace - a taller, better version of the 1998 one. He should have the thing on his neck, and a metal chain.
*Anakin - Naboo Refugee Disguise - oh man, the first one was horrible! He never even used his lightsaber there. Just start all over, and make him the right height too.