PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader OTC # 34 figure question

1st Prime
10-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Hi:

Is the Darth Vader OTC #34 figure the same reissue from the '99 Vader w/interrogation droid & the '03 Death Star Clash? Or are all 3 different? Thanks. :neutral:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-03-2004, 05:14 PM
It is the Death Star Clash figure, which is also the Masters of the Dark Side 2-pack figure.

1st Prime
10-04-2004, 08:18 AM
Thank u Mr. JabbaJohnL for the update.

broctoon
10-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Don't post here much, but I had to chime in with a question of my own- which are the other two OTC Vaders? Is the first of the three the Throne Room Duel figure just minus the removable helmet? And it's been established that #34 is the Masters of the Dark Side/Death Star Clash Vader (which is the only Vader that I don't have), but which Vader is the third? I think the OTC card has a Hoth background. I really can't figure out what this is repacked from.

Thanks in advance. :)

1st Prime
10-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Don't post here much, but I had to chime in with a question of my own- which are the other two OTC Vaders? Is the first of the three the Throne Room Duel figure just minus the removable helmet? And it's been established that #34 is the Masters of the Dark Side/Death Star Clash Vader (which is the only Vader that I don't have), but which Vader is the third? I think the OTC card has a Hoth background. I really can't figure out what this is repacked from.

Thanks in advance. :)
Broctoon:

I believe that particular Vader is from the "Imperial Forces" pack from last year?:nerv:

evenflow
10-04-2004, 05:16 PM
Which is the Vader witht he snow? I am looking for that one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Hoth Darth Vader is #29, using the same mold from the Emperor's Wrath and Imperial Forces figures, but with a small amount of white paint on his cape to look like snow.

AmanaMatt
10-05-2004, 02:41 AM
When I saw this Vader today, I was hoping Hasbro would have painted the eyes, but no - he looks the same as the TRU Value pack; I can't say the snow is obvious at all, in fact, I did not even notice it through the packaging....I love the sculpt, though.

broctoon
10-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Ahh, so that Vader is the Emperor's wrath figure. Thanks. I should have recognized the stance. It's getting really hard to keep track of all these repacks/repaints.

So correct me if I'm wrong here on these other ones
-Chewbacca: Mechanic Chewbacca from Power of the Jedi
-Jawas: POTF2 Jawas
-C3PO: Millenium minted coin figure (plus Purchase of the Droids screen scene?)
-R2D2 Dagobah: Saga Attack of the Clones repaint with new sounds and paint
-Other R2D2: is this the Naboo Escape figure from Power of the Jedi?
-Princess Leia: Imperial Captive Leia? She came with a slide, right? Or was it the Comtech Leia? I know one of them had her hood up.

Thanks again for the help! I got out of collecting for a few months this year when I moved, and now I'm trying to get everything straight 'cause I try to get one of every carded figure, but I don't want to get repacks unless there are significant changes (or they have a really cool OTC background). Is there a listing anywhere of which figures have been reused- including when they have been reused in multi packs?

I don't mind them rereleasing all this stuff, but what's with Wicket? Before we got wicket with (I think) Logray- now he just comes by himself? That kinda sucks.

Ji'dai
10-05-2004, 06:06 PM
-Other R2D2: is this the Naboo Escape figure from Power of the Jedi?
-Princess Leia: Imperial Captive Leia? She came with a slide, right? Or was it the Comtech Leia? I know one of them had her hood up.

I don't mind them rereleasing all this stuff, but what's with Wicket? Before we got wicket with (I think) Logray- now he just comes by himself? That kinda sucks.
Yes, the R2 is the POTJ "Naboo Escape" version but without the carbon scoring. The Leia is the POTF "All New Likeness" Leia, the SAGA 2003 "Imperial Captive" Leia, and I think she was released in the HOF assortment too. Hasbro is getting a lot of mileage out of CommTech Han and that particular Leia.

I agree about Wicket. A figure that size should have been part of a two-pack.

What's the verdict on OTC #32 Lando Skiff Guard, repaint or re-release? It seems that the paint on his tunic is darker than SAGA version.