PDA

View Full Version : Trailer?

Jek Porky 2002
10-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Well it's now October, still no word on a trailer. I remember it was roughly 5th November 2001 that we saw the Attack Of The Clones teaser trailer, should we be expecting a similar date for Revenge Of The Sith?

I remeber that the first teaser for Ep II was shown in front of "Monsters inc." followed by a second, longer teaser exclusive to starwars.com and then a third teaser about a fortnight later I think that was in front of the first Harry Potter film. What is out around 5th November this year that the Ep III trailer could be in front of?

Darth Grifter
10-04-2004, 03:17 PM
maybe lucas will again partner with pixar and land a teaser on The Increadibles which is released on non other than NOVEMBER 5th?!? This would be very cool. All the more reason to see the next big pixar film...

Jek Porky 2002
10-04-2004, 03:52 PM
When I first saw the trailer for The Increadibles last year, I had a l'il inkling it might be on there!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-04-2004, 06:24 PM
For AOTC, it was:
*Monsters, Inc.
*TPM DVD-ROM
*Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (originally scheduled to be Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, I think?)
*Fox TV/Ice Age

I bet it will be with The Incredibles, then maybe one with Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (though I could be wrong).

Brainiak76
10-07-2004, 05:16 AM
hmm great point guys..mace IS an incredible also...no pun intended :p sorry i coundlt resist.

2-1B
10-07-2004, 06:21 AM
JabbaJohn, it played before Harry Potter around here.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-07-2004, 05:10 PM
JabbaJohn, it played before Harry Potter around here.
I remember them saying it would, but I remember it not being there, but being with LOTR (I think). I could be wrong though, but I thought they would want to space them out a little bit and not have two trailers in the span of two weeks.

2-1B
10-08-2004, 11:13 PM
I remember taking my mom to see Life as a House with Hayden Christensen. Harry Potter was playing about 5 minutes before Life as a House so I ducked out of our theater and stepped into the Harry Potter room for another look at the AOTC trailer. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-09-2004, 12:02 PM
I remember taking my mom to see Life as a House with Hayden Christensen. Harry Potter was playing about 5 minutes before Life as a House so I ducked out of our theater and stepped into the Harry Potter room for another look at the AOTC trailer. :)
I don't doubt you, but I just don't remember if it was with HP around here.

2-1B
10-09-2004, 04:47 PM
I know. :)

I was just having a laugh at what a big dork I was, sneaking in to HP for another glimpse of the trailer. :D

DarthChuckMc
10-10-2004, 10:58 AM
This is just the TEASER, like the one that ran before Meet Joe Black in 1998 for TPM.

No dialouge, except a few "No!"'s, some explosions, some Starfigthers dodging through Droid Fighters and Seperatists Cruisers....and MAYBE a shot of Vader from the neck up....and of course the few quick clips of Yoda, Mace, Chewbacca, and Clonetroopers, turning their heads towards the camera.

The big "sell" point, will be General Grievous.

**these are just my opinions, I have NOT seen the trailer.**

It'll just be something quick to wet our appetites, probably 1:30 tops.

tagmac
10-10-2004, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=DarthChuckMc]The big "sell" point, will be General Grievous.QUOTE]

Probably in a fashion similar to the big "sell" point of the TPM teaser, when Maul ignites his double lightsaber.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Hopefully we get one a little longer/more revealing than the AOTC "Breathing" trailer, and multiple trailers (unlike TPM).

Darth Grifter
10-11-2004, 01:46 AM
yeah, i don't think the big sell will be greivous...it will be the masking. so, the trailer will flash images and maybe even sound clips from eIII, probably with duel of fates in the background...climaxing (;)) in the flash of the mask being lowered...

just my opinion of course, but i think that it could happen...

Elliejabbapop
10-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Go to theforce.net guys. Description of the trailer: jolly good!!!!!!!:D

aceguide
10-11-2004, 09:54 AM
What's the big fall/x-mas movie that is going to have the trailer attached to it?

DarthChuckMc
10-11-2004, 12:17 PM
The Incredibles- Nov. 5th

JEDIpartner
10-11-2004, 04:21 PM
The first half of trailer consists of ... a familiar voice over with Alec Guinness. Fans will love to hear him speak his monologue to Luke from A New Hope about "Jedi Knights always being the guardians of peace." As we hear these familiar phrases, they've intercut shots from various Star Wars episodes, excluding Episode 3. Only when the monologue ends with "Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force" about 40 seconds into the trailer do we see the face of Anakin. He is partly covered with dark hood, looking positively evil.
This is followed by the shot of erupting volcanoes, then some sort of volcanic field with crab-like creatures and then darkness, all accompanied by Vader breathing. Then the following is heard:

Sidious: "Lord Vader..."

Vader: "Yes?"

Sidious: "Rise."

Then we see Anakin in full Vader gear rising on some sort of operating table to which he is chained. The rising is slow and is intercut with shot of various Star Wars main characters. When the table has fully risen so that Vader is basically standing upright, the meatiest part of trailer begins, with many, many shots from Episode III. Most of them are very, very short - this will be something for freeze-frame fanatics to analyze.

The ones that stuck in my memory:

Dozens of Wookiees on some sort of floating platform.

Padme with signature Leia hairdo.

The Tri-Fighter, aka the precursor to the TIE fighter with three curving wings and guns mounted between each wing. They shoot red lasers.

The ARC Clonefigthter, aka the precursor to X-Wing, with three wings on each side.

A gigantic starship being sprayed by streams of something that looks like dense acid.

The trailer ends with the title "THE SAGA IS COMPLETE - MAY 2005" and ... (end spoilers) is about 100 seconds long.

We've been told that all of the music is edited from previous Episodes, featuring Darth Vader's Theme prominently. We're pumped about this, but have to admit this is quite a surprise to see this key moment this early in marketing. LFL sure is confident about this one- that's a good sign! Reaction is running strong in the spoiler forums. Enter at your own risk!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Holy freakin' crap, I cannot wait for that!!! Just a few more weeks!!!!!!

Battle Droid
10-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Anakin's reply to Palpatine is Yes, Master? and not just "Yes" and previsouly reported. Sweet. It is said somehow questioningly, as if he is not exactly sure what is happening.

Palpatine's "Riiiiiiiiise" is so devilish and long, they've clearly spent some time on making this section of the film perfect. Still finding it hard to believe they are going to show this section so early. Wow.

We've been told that the voice of Vader is ... close ... but definitely sounds different from the original Darth Vader. There should be no doubt that Lucas could make him sound perfectly like the classic Vader if he wanted, so this must be intentional. After all, it's logical that teenage Anakin under the Vader mask sounds slightly different than old Anakin in Episode IV under the same mask. We think it is either an early cut without finished effects (voice and visual) or Hayden Christensen's voice modulated through some advanced filters to sound very, very much like Jones. If you played this to casual moviegoer, he or she may not even notice any difference from Vader's classic voice.

And to clarify an earlier point or two, the lines of dialogue we posted are spoken over completely black screen right after the volcanic field shot. And the Tri-fighter we mentioned is actually the new Jedi starfighter.

There are no mechanical characters in the trailer except R2D2 and C3PO, not even for a split second. There is someone with sharp teeth and humanoid head, slightly resembling the alien from Enemy Mine. Someone should post a picture here for comparison, though it might just be Tion Meddon. So unless its the off chance that is Grievous unmasked, the Droid General does not figure into this first trailer.

aceguide
10-12-2004, 08:18 AM
The Incredibles- Nov. 5th

Thanks for the heads-up. Speaking of trailers The Incredibles looks fantastic!

Darth Grifter
10-13-2004, 01:07 PM
has it been confirmed that the increadibles will have this teaser on it? i know that all things sound right with everything that lucas has done in the past two movies, but i haven't read anything concrete yet.

Jon
10-19-2004, 07:15 PM
According to TFN the trailer will appear November 4th on Access Hollwood and also be attached to MOST of The Incredibles screenings on Nov.5th.

Darth Grifter
10-20-2004, 02:16 AM
i'll have to set my tivo for access...[i]and[i] catch the incredibles in the theater...

Elliejabbapop
10-20-2004, 05:20 PM
I can't wait!!!:crazed: Can you believe that here in Italy we'll get The Incredibles in December?! I hope they show it with some other film !!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-20-2004, 06:04 PM
I want to see The Incredibles anyway, so hopefully my theater has the trailer! But at least I'll still be able to see it (and tape it) on Access Hollywood!

pasfs0
10-25-2004, 12:55 AM
Last I heard is tha the trailer is to be released on november 5th on the new pixar movie. I forgot the name

hango fett
10-27-2004, 09:59 AM
the incredibles. they have only said it 10 times...
HF

Darth Alex
11-02-2004, 04:49 PM
has it been confirmed that the increadibles will have this teaser on it? i know that all things sound right with everything that lucas has done in the past two movies, but i haven't read anything concrete yet.
I just called my local Cinemark chain move theatre(Moosic, PA) and they confimed that they are definitely getting prints of the Incredibles with the ROTS trailer attached. To be helpful here, I did ask if most Cinemarks were getting the trailer and they said with such a big trailer, probably so.

I have to find out if Entertainment Tonight will once again preview the trailer in addition to Access Hollywood. I'm getting the VCR and Direct TV hooked up right; I don't want to miss this on Thursday, baby!:D

[DSS]Pedr0
11-02-2004, 04:57 PM
This is just the TEASER, like the one that ran before Meet Joe Black in 1998 for TPM.

No dialouge, except a few "No!"'s, some explosions, some Starfigthers dodging through Droid Fighters and Seperatists Cruisers....and MAYBE a shot of Vader from the neck up....and of course the few quick clips of Yoda, Mace, Chewbacca, and Clonetroopers, turning their heads towards the camera.

The big "sell" point, will be General Grievous.

**these are just my opinions, I have NOT seen the trailer.**

It'll just be something quick to wet our appetites, probably 1:30 tops.
Anything else like this.....?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Pedr0']Anything else like this.....?
*gasps for air*

*checks pulse*

*wakes up from passing out*

Holy God!!!!!!! That is freakin' awesome!!!!!!! Where'd you get that pic?

[DSS]Pedr0
11-02-2004, 06:58 PM
It's supposed to be from the trailer or teaser trailer if my understanding is correct.

hango fett
11-02-2004, 07:25 PM
holy crap! were on earth did you find that??? what site?
HF

Elliejabbapop
11-03-2004, 08:16 AM
F***!!!!!!!:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: [in the meantime I faint.....]

[DSS]Pedr0
11-03-2004, 11:50 AM
I think some have mentioned it popped in on the TF.N boards. Looks legit to me. Still dont know if it is from the trailer or teaser trailer or something else.

hango fett
11-03-2004, 01:49 PM
either way, its awsome!
HF

Darth Alex
11-03-2004, 04:08 PM
DSS Pedro, great shot post! Holy cow is that awesome! I cannot WAIT for tommorrow!
I just read on imdb that CARS, the 2005 Pixar offerering has IT'S trailer also in front of the Incredibles. WOW! I am getting to the theater early for this one:

Bargain first showing
SW Ep3 trailer
Cars trailer
New Pixar Short
Incredible(almost 2 hrs of goodness)

That, my friends, is worth checking out!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-03-2004, 10:06 PM
Here is a pic of Palpatine from the Access Hollywood teaser blip.

hango fett
11-04-2004, 06:24 AM
how did you get the clip to play? can you give me a link to it, guyute?
HF

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-04-2004, 08:23 AM
Hango- i don't have the link on me at the moment, but the trailer goes live today. And that is just a screenshot i took at that moment, so it won't be playing, as it's a JPEG! :D

Elliejabbapop
11-04-2004, 08:35 AM
how did you get the clip to play? can you give me a link to it, guyute?
HF
Try www.thenextamidala.com (http://www.thenextamidala.com) they have the clip ;)

Lazer Brain
11-04-2004, 03:21 PM
the trailer rocks!!! here is another place to download

later

http://www.the-trades.com/trailers/ep3.html

AWESOME!!!!!!!

oldschool
11-04-2004, 03:41 PM
So it looks like Sideous uses a light saber, I can't believe they're giving that away in the trailer. It seems most fans already knew almost everything else that will happen in this movie, but if Sideous/Palpatine would use a lightsaber has been barely discussed and was still a mystery. Although, didn't they show some pictures of some lightsaber hilts on Behind The Helmet, that looked like the one he's using, and it was speculated that one of them would be used by Sideous? If anyone has the pic still please post it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2004, 06:32 PM
There's already an "official" thread about the trailer elsewhere, but I wanted to ask about the Anakin/Dooku duel. That wasn't even in the trailer! Where the heck did they get it?

Val Da Car
11-04-2004, 07:05 PM
I figure that duel will only be about 60 seconds long..once he ticks off Ani...

Brainiak76
11-04-2004, 07:13 PM
OMG!! what a trailer!! i cant wait till MAY!! ani is sooo evil!!!!!!!

And yes please please if anyone has that image of someone working on palps saber PLEASE post the pic..

oldschool
11-04-2004, 08:09 PM
I noticed in the scene where Anakin has Obi-Wan down, Ben's lightsaber handle looks just like Luke's from Return of the Jedi.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2004, 08:11 PM
I noticed in the scene where Anakin has Obi-Wan down, Ben's lightsaber handle looks just like Luke's from Return of the Jedi.
It's the exact same handle that Obi-Wan uses in ANH. For whatever reason, Luke's ROTJ saber looks like Obi-Wan's.

The picture of someone working on Sidious's saber is for Hyperspace members only, but I think that a looooooong time ago in the Before the Helmet thread, someone posted it. Might want to do a search.

Brainiak76
11-05-2004, 04:16 AM
im willing to do a search but wheres the before the helmet thread?

or can someone please pm me the pic...please :D