PDA

View Full Version : Carded Figures (sort of)

vader121
10-05-2004, 08:22 AM
Who collects figures still in original bubble that were cut from the card?
This is probably the most challenging of vintage collecting. Harder than Kenner baggies and carded. I myself have 8D8, Death Star Commander, Rancor Keeper, and R2 still in bubbles but cut from the card.

I guess it would be a lot easier to store figures in this manner. Although you lose the cool card with the cool photo.

I did see once an entire Vader case filled with figures in this form on ebay. It went very high.

jedi_uk73
10-05-2004, 12:33 PM
I don't collect them, but I have bought a few over the past year or so.......only to open.. :D

I found it was a great way to get a mint / near mint loose figure.

vader121
10-05-2004, 02:30 PM
I thought about doing that too but can't bring myself to do it.

jedi_uk73
10-05-2004, 03:17 PM
I thought about doing that too but can't bring myself to do it.

It works out a lot cheaper than opening a fully carded figure...which I must admit is fun too.

You could always go the other route of actually buying intact bubbles on nackered cards....that way works out cheap too, as the majority of carded collectors only want top examples.

doo
10-07-2004, 12:06 AM
I've got a zuckuss, reeyees, gammorean guard on cut cards, and then I also have emperor, rancor keeper, prune face, wicket, teebo, biker scout, and romba on cards if anyone is looking to trade for kenner baggies. vader121, you still looking to trade your baggie figs? :)

doomancan@hotmail.com