PDA

View Full Version : Vote for the best toys of 2004!

El Chuxter
10-05-2004, 02:15 PM
Or not.

http://www6.toysrus.com/toy_awards/toyaward.html

I read about this and went to check it out. However, I found the choices pathetically lacking. On most of the categories that ordinarily I'd have a vote for, anything I'd vote for wasn't even an option. (Cough, Star Wars, cough cough.)

I find it pretty funny that an option for "Movie Star of the Year" is Mr Incredible, who I assume is the hero of The Incredibles. There's no close date listed for voting, but the TV show airs December 4. Since voting probably won't go up to the last minute, that's not even a month that this movie will be out.

And where is the obvious choice for "Best Toy of the Year": the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime? Oh, yeah, this is for the kiddies. Kids today don't want cool toys like we did when we were little. Which I suppose explains the Ms Pac Man game.

This is wacked, but feel free to vote if you have any interest. :)

JediTricks
10-06-2004, 04:32 AM
Geez, poor choices indeed! I can understand SW not representing on the list, '04 has not been an amazing year for SW toys in general, but there are some really awful choices here none the less. The worst Lego line out now is the one chosen for the construction/building section, why?!? I think the only actual ITEM on all those choices I felt even remotely compelled to vote for was the Doc Ock arm. Terrible.