PDA

View Full Version : The dark lord has struck in Florida

Tonysmo
10-06-2004, 02:12 AM
JJ... you havent been to Florida recently have you..?

http://www.wftv.com/news/3785486/detail.html

Man Dressed As Darth Vader Tries To Rob Pizza Deliveryman

POSTED: 4:29 pm EDT October 5, 2004

KISSIMMEE, Fla. -- A man dressed up as Darth Vader used the infamous disguise to scare, and then try to rob, an unsuspecting pizza deliveryman over the weekend. Investigators in Kissimmee have been trying to find him ever since.

"This is a criminal mind trying to think of things to do to victimize people," says Deputy Sheriff Al Dearmas.

Dearmas says a Pizza Best employee drove to a home on Oak Drive in Kissimmee on Sunday night to deliver a pizza. He knocked on the door and then returned to his car after no one answered the door.

Once inside his car, a man wearing black Star Wars clothing, including a Darth Vader mask, approached him and ordered to give him money. The pizza deliveryman was able to drive away, but not before the suspect pulled a :crazed: stun gun :crazed: from his pocket and shocked him.

"Thank God nothing happened to the victim. We are very fortunate of that. But things could have been much worse," says Dearmas.

It turns out, the call to order the pizza was made from a public phone located at a pharmacy around the corner from the pizza place.

"We were able to obtain some fingerprints from the pay phone and we have sent it out to FDLE to see if we can have a match," explains Dearmas.

Anyone with information is urged to call the Osceola County Sheriff's Office

mabudonicus
10-06-2004, 07:18 AM
That's odd, but anyone who knows anything should know that Vader is more machine than man, now; twisted and evil....

I wonder what the pizza had on it......

You have burned my crust for the last time, pizza boy

B'Omarr Monkey
10-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Poor, poor David Prowse. I guess those convention appearances aren't lucrative enough to take care of his mortgage payments.

i hope we don't see Anthony Daniels resorting to this sort of thing next.

SirSteve
10-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Poor, poor David Prowse. I guess those convention appearances aren't lucrative enough to take care of his mortgage payments.

i hope we don't see Anthony Daniels resorting to this sort of thing next.

LOL! Good one!

El Chuxter
10-06-2004, 07:11 PM
I find your lack of olives disturbing.

You can tear this car apart until you've found that sausage, and bring me the pepperoni--I want it crispy!

Luke, help me take. . . this. . . anchovy. . . off.

Seriously, though, you know the most disturbing thing about this? (Well, one of the most disturbing of many disturbing things about this, at any rate.) If that guy was a Star Wars fan (or even if he wasn't), he'll not be able to watch a SW movie without having nightmares for years. And that's if he ever can watch them again.

Let's not even talk about how the marketing blitz surrounded ROTS will affect him. :eek:

mabudonicus
10-07-2004, 06:38 AM
Yes, Chux, and he's ruined SW for himself even worse than GL is trying to for us :beard:

Another funnier thought crossed my mind last night- what if the costume was one o' them 5000 dollar ones?? They could catch him just by checking out e-bay :)

InsaneJediGirl
10-07-2004, 10:56 AM
I wonder if the cops will start checking the 501st Legions in the Central Florida area?:D

What moron would try to rob a pizza guy?They dont carry too much cash on them to begin with

B'Omarr Monkey
10-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Seriously, though, you know the most disturbing thing about this? (Well, one of the most disturbing of many disturbing things about this, at any rate.) If that guy was a Star Wars fan (or even if he wasn't), he'll not be able to watch a SW movie without having nightmares for years. And that's if he ever can watch them again.

Are we talking about the pizza delivery guy here, or the guy dressed as Darth Vader?

mabudonicus
10-08-2004, 07:56 AM
that's funny, I wondered the same thing, and, thinking of it, it sort of applies to both....

one thing's for sure, there's not gonna be too many vaders at the ROTS opening in osceola....

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Rumor on the street is that Vader needed the money to support a growing Death Sticks habit. :(

B'Omarr Monkey
10-10-2004, 11:11 PM
I believe that this incident was merely a scene that GL was shooting to include in one of the OT movies for the improved tinkering that will be available in the deluxe complete SW box set in 2006.

What was this guy thinking? If you want to steal a pizza and make a quick getaway, would you really want to dress up in some cumbersome, costume with poor visibility? How many times did the pizza delivery guy have to say "I can't understand what you're saying." Wouldn't you want something a little more nondescript for the getaway?

At least after he finished running, he'd sound like Darth Vader wheezing for breath.