PDA

View Full Version : The sequels that NEVER happened

El Chuxter
10-06-2004, 02:14 PM
I don't mean sequels that were planned but got cancelled at some point. I'm talking about the horrible sequels that, as far as you're concerned, took place in a completely alternate world from the original and therefore are incorrect.

Most sequels are inferior to the original, but some are still pretty enjoyable. Here we (dis)honor those that aren't.

Oh, and even though this is a SW board, no one is allowed to say "The Phantom Menace" or "Attack of the Clones." Or even "Revenge of the Sith." Okay, you can use the names, but actually bringing them up as choices gets this out of the "Other" category.

(Sorry, stillakid. :p)

First up is what has to be the worst movie of all time, sequel or not: Highlander 2: The Quickening. I can live with Highlander 3. I haven't seen Highlander: Endgame, but can live with it as long as they fudge some reason so there can be only two, or if Connor beheads that pansy from the TV show. But what the hell was this crap? Everything from the original is thrown out, and suddenly the immortals are from space, and they always knew it? And Sean Connery's not dead? Jeez, I need to stop talking about this, or I'll get so mad over the time I wasted watching it that I'll have a heart attack! "Turd" doesn't even begin to describe this one.

Almost as bad (it would be the worst movie of all time if there were no Highlander 2) is Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. The first wasn't exactly Oscar calibre, but it was a fun movie (and had that hottie from Billy Madison in it). This wasn't. In addition to just making it a series of useless cameos of all the characters from the games (the first at least tried to make it look like they had a story), it had some terrible special effects. I wasted money to see it on the big screen, and--no exaggeration--I could see almost every pixel. And, besides, if you get rid of Veronica Vaughan and Connor McLeod and replace them with (other, lesser known) hack actors, and you kill Johnny Cage in the first act, you have a mess. The only semi-redeeming feature was that the guy they cast to play the centaur (the character's name escapes me) looked exactly like Dave Grohl, so every time he appeared I could ease the pain of watching by pretending it was a Foo Fighters video.

Batman and Robin is another strong contender for worst movie period. The first two were classic (JT, keep the anti-Batman Returns comments out of this one :p), and Batman Forever was pretty fun (though it gets worse with every viewing instead of better). But when Bane is reduced from super-genius to slobbering idiot, and he isn't even a real character, Batman fans get ticked. And I don't know how many people actually walked out when "Batman" whipped out his American Express. This was so bad that I hated George Clooney with a passion until I saw O Brother Where Art Thou and realized it wasn't entirely his fault. I guess the blame falls on Schumacher, who said in an interview at the time, "Batman's been haunted by the murder of his parents for fifty years. It's time he got over that." It boggles the mind that the same guy could direct Falling Down.

Jurassic Park III. Anyone who's been here for a while has doubtlessly read some of my many rantings on what's wrong with this "movie." In a nutshell, there's no story, they kill the real hero of 1&2 (the T Rex) the first time he shows up (and in a method that was scientifically impossible), the effects sucked for the first time in JP history, and the new "director" and "writer" dispensed with all paleontology to make this. Oh, and the Carnotaurus cameo was a waste, too.

Short Circuit 2. Can someone please explain to me why a guy who says in #1 that his family is originally from Pittsburgh has to get his American citizenship? And why is Johnny (who falls only after R2-D2, Bender, and Optimus Prime in the robot hall of fame) wearing that stupid bandana? And where's Ally Sheedy? Oh, that's right. She recognized this was crap even by her exacting standards.

I didn't see The Blair Witch Project 2, but don't get me started on everything that's wrong with this idea. To start with, I'm still not even sure The Blair Witch Project needed to be released to theaters! It was pretty decent, but not something you can watch twice.

Any Disney sequels except for The Rescuers Down Under and Toy Story 2. Walt Disney himself was against sequels, and these are without exception rush jobs with shoddy animation. I saw a few minutes of Atlantis 2 once, and it's enough to make one vomit. However, I'll reconsider if they want to make Dinosaur 2 using the same techniques, or The Nightmare Before Christmas 2 as long as Tim Burton's aboard.

Speaking of Burton, we can't forget the sequel to his first film, Big Top Pee Wee. All the nerd, none of the charm. Earth-shatteringly bad, even with the great Mr Reubens as the star.

Poltergeist 2 & 3 weren't terrible movies in the way some of these are, but they were still pretty rancid. The original scared the beejesus out of me (admittedly, I was still a little kid), but these were laughable instead of scary when I wasn't much older.

Barry Sonnenfeld should be shot for Men in Black II. I didn't see it either on the principle of the thing. The first ends with Tommy Lee Jones back in a normal life, and Will Smith teamed with Linda Fiorentino. But where's the lovely Ms Fiorentino this time around? A mockery this is.

For the same reason, I can say that Darkman 2-50, The Substitute 2-12, and The Arrival 2 have to suck as well. Replacing Tom Berenger with Treat Freakin' Williams? What the hell are you thinking?

I know there are legions upon legions of other dogs out there like these. Help me out, guys. :D

Edit: Criminy, I forgot Terminator 3! I know some of you folks like it, and it may be a decent movie, but the second one ended perfectly, with there no possibility of Skynet ever existing. Especially without James Cameron's involvement. C'mon, just leave well enough alone for once!

I also forgot Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection. Resurrection wasn't bad--not up to par with the first two, but not bad. However, in my view it never happened, because it picked up where Alien 3 left off, and Alien 3 was such an incredible piece of tripe that, given the (somewhat) happy ending that Newt and Ripley experienced in the wider galaxy at the end of Aliens, there's no way Resurrection could take place. I much prefer the earlier Dark Horse comics, about a grown up Newt kicking Alien butt! Movies are canon over comics my butt.

Another I forgot and that I've not seen is Eddie and the Cruisers 2: Eddie Lives! I've spoken with all five people who saw this, and they all agreed: this was a pig terd of amazing proportions.

Droid
10-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Ghostbusters 2, Scream 2, Alien: Resurrection, Terminator 3,
Vegas Vacation, Highlander 2, Jason Goes to Hell, Halloween 6, Hannibal, Batman Forever, Speed 2, Superman III, The Godfather III, Austin Powers 2, Gremlins 2, the Exorcist 2, Blair Witch 2. Uggh, some of these were so bad I didn't even see them.

I think all three Jaws sequels were terrible, but Jaws 4: The Revenge has to take the cake in our bad sequel competition, tagline - this time its personal. Yes, it makes sense that a shark would try to get revenge against the family that killed it in all prior Jaws movies.

El Chuxter
10-06-2004, 03:24 PM
You think Ghostbusters 2 and Austin Powers 2? Really? I actually really enjoyed both. I even thought Austin Powers 2 was better than #1, though Heather Graham is no Liz Hurley. Ah well, we'll agree to disagree on those. :)

Gremlins 2 was pretty bad. It wasn't even the same type of movie as the first. At least it had a couple of good one-liners. Although thinking back, I can't recall any, so I guess they must not've been too good.

Luckily Christopher Lee went on to play Saruman and Dooku. It'd be sad if that was his last movie.

However, by bring up Superman 3, you remind me of Superman IV. Superman 3 was too lousy to even call crap, but Superman IV made it look like Citizen Kane! It was so bad that Superman Lives (or Returns, or whatever it's called this week) has been delayed for over 15 years!

bobafett07728
10-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Weren't there sequels to Tremors? I've never seen them, but I remember seeing commercials/trailers for one. . . maybe more?!?!? I've never seen them. . . but simply from the premise, they can't be good.

Is that Blues Brother's nonsense (I can't remember the actual name) with John Goodman a sequel? If so. . . that was also crap, and deserves a mention here.

I have to mention American Wedding here, too. Yeah, the movie was funny, but c'mon. I just can't deal with the fact "best buddy" Oz isn't invited to the wedding, and there is no explanation of why? The movie basically boils down to Stiffler being ridiculous. His occasional antics worked in the first two, but this one had Stiffler overload.

I'm sure there are thousands more taht we are all forgetting.

Droid
10-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Blues Brothers 2000, good call. What a horrible idea.

Yes, Superman IV is horrible. However, I tried to limit my comments to just the first really bad sequel in a series because I cannot think of very many series that had a terrible, horrible movie and then got things on track again. (I do think the first Star Trek and Star Trek V are bad, while Start Trek II and VI are good, but I do not think Star Treks I and V are bad on the level we are talking about here).

I hated Ghostbusters 2 for reasons I outlined in another thread, the one about Ghostbusters action figures I think. I won't take the time to retype that rant. (Really hated them starting it out with Peter and Dana breaking up and her having had a baby with someone else, the fact that she started working in a museum rather than orchestra because it helped them with the plot, and don't get me started on them making the Statue of Liberty walk through New York using slime. Now look, you got me going).

As far as Austin 2, I really hated what they did to Liz Hurley's character. Made me hate the movie from the start. I also hated them having two Austins at the end, when you just knew they'd never explain that if they made a third movie. I thought the body humor was over the top, Austin drinks poo, etc. I hated so many things about the movie that some great bits like Minnie Me couldn't save it for me.

bobafett07728
10-06-2004, 05:08 PM
LOL!!! I forgot about Weekend at Bernies 2 , one of the most ridiculous concepts in movie-making history.

Speed 2 was poodoo as well.

bobafett07728
10-06-2004, 05:25 PM
ooooooo. . . I can't wait for this sequel!!!! It will easily move to the top of my "Sequels that Never Happened" list:

Dungeons and Dragons II (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0406728/)

Hellboy
10-06-2004, 06:39 PM
I agree with Chux that Ghostbusters 2 was good, not as good as the original but still enjoyable, and Austin Powers 2 was far superior to the first film for me.

Funny when I saw this thread title Highlander 2 was the first film to come to mind for me as well. It completely took the story in the wrong direction and hurts many plot points established in the first film so it doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned. Actually I'd probably say the same thing about everything associated with Highlander beyond the original.

I agree with most of the choices already made, except for the 2 mentioned earlier and Hannibal. A few I'd add to the list are:

-Caddyshack 2
-Conan The Destroyer
-Die Hard: With a Vengance
-Airplane 2
-Escape From LA
-Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
-The Crow: City of Angels
-Jewel of the Nile
-Robocop 2
-Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Exhaust Port
10-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Weren't there sequels to Tremors? I've never seen them, but I remember seeing commercials/trailers for one. . . maybe more?!?!? I've never seen them. . . but simply from the premise, they can't be good.

Oh yeah, there were sequels and they were really bad. Farting alien bi-peds are not good material for sequels so save yourself from watching that. Of course with a six pack and a group of friends they can be very entertaining if you proscribe to the theory that "Bad is Good" for movies. :)

Kidhuman
10-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Chux , you didnt like Poltergeist 2? I love that movie.

Rocky IV and V
Weekend at Bernies 2
Highlander 2
Lethal Weapon 3 and 4
Die Hard 2 and 3
GOdfather 3

El Chuxter
10-07-2004, 09:34 AM
It's been a long, long time since I saw Poltergeist 2, and I remember it not being scary. The first one literally made me afraid there was a clown under my bed for months. Okay, years. It wasn't until my sophomore year in college that I got over that. :D I remember the sequels not being scary, but they've kind of run together, so maybe I should re-watch #2.

I'd have to disagree with Robocop 2, but Robocop 3 definitely belongs on this list. First, you absolutely cannot replace Peter Weller as Robocop. No Weller, no Robocop. Period. Second, you cannot hype the flying Robocop, then show it for four seconds in a completely useless capacity. Third, well, just think of the dialogue from the commercials:
1: Peter Weller in a bad@$$ voice: "Droppit, creep!" BLAM! "Thank you for your cooperation."
2: Peter Weller in a bad@$$ voice: "Dead or alive, you are coming with me!"
3: Stupid sounding surrogate actor: "Hey, did you call for backup?"

stillakid
10-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Most sequels are inferior to the original, but some are still pretty enjoyable. Here we (dis)honor those that aren't.

Oh, and even though this is a SW board, no one is allowed to say "The Phantom Menace" or "Attack of the Clones." Or even "Revenge of the Sith." Okay, you can use the names, but actually bringing them up as choices gets this out of the "Other" category.

(Sorry, stillakid. :p)

No sweat. ;)

I like your list. It might surprise you but the first movie to pop into my head was not a Star Wars Prequel, but rather Highlander II. I can't think of another film which so blatantly ignored practically everything that was set up by its predecessor. Add that to just being a flat out bad movie and you've got a recipe for a disaster. Don't get me wrong, TPM rides perilously close to that, but Highlander II remains the top (bottom?) choice for bad sequels for me.

I tend to shy away from sequels when they just look really bad so I haven't seen a lot of the bad movies some of you guys are talking about. The others that come to mind right away are Ghostbusters II and Batman and Robin. In fact, I think that anyone who actually managed to sit through the entirety of Batman and Robin should get a medal or purple heart or something. As bad as Highlander II was, B&R has to take the cake for being truly atrocious on practically every level possible. However to its credit, it didn't have a really good lead-in, so the bar wasn't very high to begin with.

In contrast with that, Terminator III suffers from the same sickness as Highlander II. Blatantly ignoring just about everything set up by TII, it is a rehash of action that is a tremendous waste of effort. It could have been so much more. In that same category goes Alien III.

scruffziller
10-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Home Alone 3 & 4. It wasn't the same after Macalauy Culkin was replaced along with Stern and Pesci.(3 is not even a Christmas movie!!!!!) Home Alone 1&2 is a holiday tradition with my family. My dad laughs of his keister.:D

European Vacation-Really boring.

Starship Troopers II-Miserable piece of crap.

Freddy's Dead:The Final Nightmare - The backstory stuff was cool for me but overall very poorly done.

Predator 2 - Not the same without Ahhhnuld. Once again, seeing the Alien skull was cool but that was about it.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre pts 2&4 - Loads of crap, although part 3 was good.

ooooooo. . . I can't wait for this sequel!!!! It will easily move to the top of my "Sequels that Never Happened" list:

Dungeons and Dragons II (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0406728/)
I sure hope they improve upon the first so we can move the first to the thread of first-quels that never happened.:D

Jon
10-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Police Academy 2-7

Revenge of the Nerds 2

El Chuxter
10-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Home Alone 3 & 4. It wasn't the same after Macalauy Culkin was replaced along with Stern and Pesci.(3 is not even a Christmas movie!!!!!) Home Alone 1&2 is a holiday tradition with my family. My dad laughs of his keister.:D

Yeah, I didn't bother watching any of the post-2 sequels. I think there was a 5 and possibly a 6 that went straight to TV. But without Macauley (and John Williams doing some of his best work), it didn't seem worth the bother.

European Vacation-Really boring.

What?!? You didn't like the classic "Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament" bit? Or "I'll bring you some dirty dishwater. You won't know the difference!" To each his own, though, I suppose.

Starship Troopers II-Miserable piece of crap.

You're kidding, right? The first was a great satire, but a little too subtle for most folks. I can't imagine them making a sequel at all. Of course, that's never stopped Hollywood before.

Predator 2 - Not the same without Ahhhnuld. Once again, seeing the Alien skull was cool but that was about it.

I don't think you're the first person to bring that one up, but I like it as much as the first Predator. It would've been cool with the Governator, but at least they tried something completely different rather than bringing in someone to replace him as Dutch.

James Boba Fettfield
10-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Wait...so European and Vegas Vacation get mentions, yet Christmas Vacation 2 does not?

I wanted to die :ko: while witnessing that travesty.

Droid
10-07-2004, 04:38 PM
I specifically avoided Christmas Vacation 2 (Eddie's Island Adventure?). I love Christmas Vacation (and really like European) so after Vegas Vacation I was done with the Vacation series!

Thank God there was never a Princess Bride 2, Ferris Bueller 2, Breakfast Club 2, or Planes, Trains and Automobiles 2. Some things are better left alone!

El Chuxter
10-07-2004, 05:07 PM
There actually was a sequel to The Princess Bride, called Buttercup's Baby. William Goldman tried to translate the story from the original Florin, but S Morgenstern's estate insisted Stephen King translate it. The last I heard of this was years ago, and only the first chapter was completed by Goldman and included in reprints of The Princess Bride.

It appears to be a long, rambling stream-of-consciousness mess, and Fezzik dies in the first chapter. :(

Oh, we're talking about actual sequels, not translations of sequels that never existed by the guy who supposedly translated the book and not the actual writer who merely pretended that an original existed in the first place? And movies, on top of that? Never mind. :D

smurfvader
10-07-2004, 09:03 PM
I can't believe anyone could hate Gremlins 2, it was such a fitting tribute to Jim Henson. It was much better than the original beacuse it didn't take itself seriously.

jiM

James Boba Fettfield
10-07-2004, 10:54 PM
I specifically avoided Christmas Vacation 2 (Eddie's Island Adventure?)

Now you can have a chance to own the DVD (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000DZ3IE/qid=1097207971/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-7278043-0411039?v=glance&s=dvd) and watch the movie. No more avoiding for you.

scruffziller
10-08-2004, 11:13 AM
What?!? You didn't like the classic "Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament" bit? Or "I'll bring you some dirty dishwater. You won't know the difference!" To each his own, though, I suppose.

Like it has been described of other movies. Chevy Chase was bigger than the movie. He was good, the movie was not.

You're kidding, right? The first was a great satire, but a little too subtle for most folks. I can't imagine them making a sequel at all. Of course, that's never stopped Hollywood before.

Nope not kidding.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001XAOQ6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Kidhuman
10-08-2004, 12:08 PM
Wasnt that a straight to video release?

Kyle Katarn
10-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Predator 2: I like more the jungle environment.
Excorcist 2: Crappy, crappy...I prefer part 3.
Jeepers Creepers 2: This one is..... :cry:

Slicker
10-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Smokey and the Bandit 3. Although the best Burt-less movie ever it's just not the same without him. To a lesser extent you could also add Smokey and the Bandit 2. Part 1 is one of my favorite movies. You could also add Next Friday and Friday After Next, Ice Cube is funny but without Chris Tucker and a good story these movies stunk IMO.

Hellboy
10-08-2004, 04:08 PM
You could also add Next Friday and Friday After Next, Ice Cube is funny but without Chris Tucker and a good story these movies stunk IMO.

Oh man I dunno, I thought 'Next Friday' had some really good laughs. Especially from the supporting cast like Day Day's neighbors, Craig's Uncle Elroy and of course his dad "hot sauce on my buritto baby, you know your good to me!" I agree it wasn't as funny as the first but I still liked it. I definitely agree with you though that 'Friday after next' was pushing it a bit far and really stunk.

2-1B
10-08-2004, 11:09 PM
The absolute worst sequel of all time is The Hills Have Eyes Part 2. :mad:

This is not my opinion but a matter of fact. I will accept no argument on this statement. :p

I have never seen Highlander 2 but I can already tell you it is 10 times better than
The Hills Have Eyes Part 2.

Disturbingly bad. Yuck. :D

stillakid
10-08-2004, 11:12 PM
The absolute worst sequel of all time is The Hills Have Eyes Part 2. :mad:

This is not my opinion but a matter of fact. I will accept no argument on this statement. :p

I have never seen Highlander 2 but I can already tell you it is 10 times better than
The Hills Have Eyes Part 2.

Disturbingly bad. Yuck. :D

Hmm, it's got to be REALLY REALLY bad if it's 10x as bad as Highlander II. I mean, 10x as bad means that you're compelled to go personally destroy every copy of it even if it meant financial ruin and tragedy upon your loved ones. Is it that bad? :sur:

JediTricks
10-09-2004, 02:22 AM
I've said all I need to right now about Batman Returns, so I will pass.

Die Hard 3: Die Hard with a Vengance is a putrid piece of crap that wasn't even WRITTEN for the series, it was an unsold script for a Lethal Weapon sequel. What's really amazing is that Die Hard is indirectly a sequel to a Frank Sinatra film with some changes but worked so well there.

and speaking of...

Lethal Weapon 4, what a piece of garbage! There is something so inherently unwatchable about this film, and Chris Rock should be ashamed to have appeared in this.

Robocop 3, the second film in the series is none too good, but it has some appeal in it somewhere. RC3 unfortunately is just a massive waste, an insult to the franchise, and actually worse than the Robocop TV series.

Mission Impossible 2, John Woo makes a furious mess out of the franchise and Tom Cruise further pretends he's James Bond except without anything that makes THAT series really good. Thandi Newton being overhyped in her limp, pathetic performance here really didn't help matters much either.

Austin Powers 3: Goldmember was such a let-down! I know some fans of the series didn't like the second film, but it was a hundred times better than this sad, lifeless disaster. All money and no inspiration, this film got so badly lost in the production that it actually seems like it tried to take itself seriously!

George Lucas once mentioned how he enjoyed screwing Universal over when they demanded More American Graffiti, I only wish he had been able to shelter the public from it as well.

I'm with Chux, MIB2 was ridiculously unfocused and sloppy, with a cheap hacky script and painful wastes of time. I can only think of 1 good joke, the little guys in the locker worshipping the wristwatch.

Alien3 and Alien Resurrection are also big sinners here, as previously mentioned by the thread author.

I'm with Droid on Ghostbusters 2, was this film a sell-out or just amazingly sloppy?

And Speed 2: Cruise Control that Droid mentioned? I have long considered this to be possibly the worst film of all time. I saw it the same day as Batman & Robin, which actually helped me not hate B&R as much!

Blues Brothers 2000, because adding a little kid to the story always helps films win adult audiences. :rolleyes: No wait, they often make the flicks unwatchable, as they did here. Waaaaay too commercial as well.

I'm with Hellboy on Caddyshack 2, as if Jackie Mason could ever fill Rodney Dangerfield's shoes, and Airplane 2: The Sequel, which only worked when Shatner was on screen and had NONE of the same writers or director/producers (they claim they've never even seen it).

That reminds me...

Naked Gun 33 and 1/3, the previous film was already running out of gas, but this piece of crap buried the careers of everybody involved. Look at poor Leslie Nielsen's career afterwards, so sad.

Got to give it to Scruff, Predator 2 is just a snorefest, nothing works with this even though it really SHOULD have.

JBF is dead-right about Christmas Vacation, I loathed this film, it tried so hard to be anything like the original and the first sequel, but was so homogonized, and Chevy really had lost interest, it just made for a bad experience.

Which leads me to...

Fletch 2, there is nothing good about this film, they tried to be more than the original and got caught trying to do too much at once. Fletch in his own environment: good. Fletch in the South with a mansion: screen death.

Did you know that Masters of the Universe's script was originally the sequel to the Jean Claude Van Damme film, Cyborg?

scruffziller
10-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Did you know that Masters of the Universe's script was originally the sequel to the Jean Claude Van Damme film, Cyborg?
Did you now MOTU is being remade.

2-1B
10-09-2004, 05:36 PM
I'm amazed at how many people dislike Christmas Vacation. That's one of the funniest movies in my collection ! :eek:

James Boba Fettfield
10-09-2004, 05:42 PM
Looks like there was some confusion as to what I meant to say.

See, I am talking about a film called Christmas Vacation 2. It was about Cousin Eddie and involved an island, Snot the dog, a monkey, and some other things that do not really belong together.

Having Cousin Eddie, the original Audrey reprising her role, and Eric Idle reprising his European Vacation role for a small cameo did not save this film. It was bad, and full of humor that does not fit in at all with the Vacation films.

I did like Christmas Vacation, just not its direct to tv sequel.

Kidhuman
10-09-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm amazed at how many people dislike Christmas Vacation. That's one of the funniest movies in my collection ! :eek:

I think that movie is a pi**er.

2-1B
10-09-2004, 10:21 PM
JBF - yeah, I got you on the CV2 thing, I was referring to JT's criticism of the first Xmas Vacation. I watched CV2 Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure last year when it was on and OH MY was that ever bad.

KH - to each his/her own but I watch Christmas Vacation RELIGIOUSLY every year, several times. Do I need to outline the funny parts ? I'd be typing all day. :D

JediTricks
10-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Did you now MOTU is being remade.
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=353977#post353977

Oh, another sequel that never should have happened, Wayne's World 2, just think of every possible way to sell out, and you've got this film.

Sorry, JBF, didn't mean to agree with you on something you weren't saying. Still, I thought Christmas Vacation 1 was bad, one of the last Chevy Chase films I ever saw.

Kidhuman
10-10-2004, 08:36 PM
KH - to each his/her own but I watch Christmas Vacation RELIGIOUSLY every year, several times. Do I need to outline the funny parts ? I'd be typing all day. :D

Nah, I got them. I watch it every year too and A Christmas story. Those movies mean Holiday spirit to me.

James Boba Fettfield
10-10-2004, 09:53 PM
Sorry, JBF, didn't mean to agree with you on something you weren't saying. Still, I thought Christmas Vacation 1 was bad, one of the last Chevy Chase films I ever saw.

It's cool. I was just happy to use the opportunity to give Cousin Eddie's Island Adventure another plug.

2-1B
10-11-2004, 12:21 AM
Nah, I got them. I watch it every year too and A Christmas story. Those movies mean Holiday spirit to me.

Ohhhhh, so you were paying it a compliment when you called it a P***** ? :confused:

gottcha. my bad. :D

El Chuxter
10-21-2004, 02:23 PM
Another that was so bad I forgot before: Shanghai Knights. So many contradictions with the first, it's not even funny.

Darkness Shroud
10-21-2004, 03:16 PM
The Italian Job remake / sequel. Cool Mini's crap film. Oh and the only plus point would be miss Theron :crazed: ;) . But then again i do like Norton, Wahlberg and Sutherland movies, but i don't want to sleep with those guys!
I'll add Robocop 3, Hitcher 2:ive been waiting ( i watched it last night on cable.) and Rocky 5.
I agree on many of the films you guys put forward too.

Darkness Shroud
10-21-2004, 03:19 PM
I watch it every year too and A Christmas story. Those movies mean Holiday spirit to me.
Cool i thought i was alone. I played A Christmas story to death on video its a shame thay wont release it over here on DVD. And Christmas Vacation is a great film. :)