PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons Season 5 DVD/Updated with Season 6 info!

James Boba Fettfield
10-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Well, it appears that Fox is going to get Season 5 out right before Christmas on December 21st.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2288

Odd day to pick, though. Oh well, this is why I order off the internet.

Exhaust Port
10-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Holy Smokes!!! This is going to be Simpsons overload this year. I'm still plugging through the last season as it's a great one but #5 is even better!! Where will I find all the time to digest this?

James Boba Fettfield
10-08-2004, 11:36 PM
This is for you, EP, fellow Simpsons on DVD and Buckeyes fan.

TVshowsonDVD has the cover art. (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2294)

Oh, red! I like the color, and it will give a nice contrast to Season 4's blue. I'm already thinking about how it'll look on the shelf with the others.

I tend to act like an interior designer when it comes to arranging DVD's.

Jayspawn
10-11-2004, 09:30 AM
The 21st works for me. Early Christmas present for myself.

I'm with you JB Fettfield, I have particular order and way I have my DVDs.

Exhaust Port
10-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Quite right, that red box will look rather nice on the shelf. Thanks for the link. :D

James Boba Fettfield
01-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Thanks to a reader at dvdtalk it has been learned that Fox's official tv dvd website has Simpsons Season 6 listed for a June 14 release. Looks like a regular release pattern is finally being established for this series.

Exhaust Port
01-29-2005, 09:44 AM
That's great to hear.

2-1B
02-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Is that still an accurate date, Jaymz ?

I thought I read somewhere that there was a mistake in some release info as in people thinking the Bart Wars release was supposed to be the next season ? :confused:

James Boba Fettfield
02-08-2005, 05:28 PM
EP, I was browsing dvd talk's forums where I read this original news and it seems the news posted on the FOX website may have been done in error.

They say Season 6 should come out this YEAR . . . but it does not seem that earlier reported date is going to hold true.

EDIT-That was weird, real weird, Caesar.

EDIT 2 (after reading C's post in depth)-It was a mix up on Fox's end. They had on their official TV on DVD website it listed as Season 6. It turns out that the theme episode disc is what will be coming, but they say Season 6 will be this year.

James Boba Fettfield
05-11-2005, 06:21 PM
TVShows is now saying the release date for Season 6 is August 16, 2005.

Ji'dai
06-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Amazon has a preorder up for Season 6; it's due out on August 16 as JBF reported.

Didja see that they made a major change to the packaging style?! It's shaped like Homer's head with the discs inside. I've read that Seasons 7-10 will continue this new design with each member of the family.

I dunno if I like this trend in specialty packaging for DVDs. Sure, attractive designs might rejuvenate sales for an old series, but I'd really prefer consistency in packaging. This new style is really gonna stand out next to the box sets for Seasons 1-5.

And once their done with the family, do they go back to the old style for Season 11? Or maybe they'll re-release 1-5 with other character heads? :greedy:

Exhaust Port
06-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Oh man, that sucks!! I wish they would keep the flipbook style they've been using for the first 5. This Homer box is going to be tough to store. I'm buying it for the contents not because I want to display some crappy Homer head case.

Jek Porky 2002
06-30-2005, 09:51 AM
I am really disappointed with the new style of packaging! I was really looking forward to eventually lining up the full Simpsons DVD collection, now they are just going to look odd.

They always have to mess with things, why don't they keep things the same!

2-1B
07-01-2005, 03:04 AM
They're changing the packaging ?

You gotta be ****in' kidding me. :mad:

Jek Porky 2002
07-01-2005, 07:14 AM
Is there any chance that that is just a special collectors outer case and the regular cardboard box is inside?

Exhaust Port
07-01-2005, 11:44 AM
We can only hope.

Ji'dai
08-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Well, early reports indicate that the Season 6 "Homer's Head" plastic case will include a flyer for obtaining the traditional flip-book style cases similar to Seasons 1-5. So if you want the old style case you should be able to request one.

Simpsonscollectors.com also has pics of what's inside the Homer plastic DVD head:

Homer's Head (http://www.simpsonscollectors.com/images/releases/Season6-DVD3.jpg)

Inserts, booklets, etc (http://www.simpsonscollectors.com/images/releases/Season6-DVD4.jpg)

The plastic head DVD design will continue for Season 7 (Marge), Season 8 (Lisa), Season 9 (Maggie), and Season 10 (Bart).

Exhaust Port
08-12-2005, 07:09 AM
I hope that it's true that we can request the flip book.

2-1B
08-12-2005, 01:10 PM
How much will it cost to get the flip book we should be getting in the first place ? :confused:

Ji'dai
08-12-2005, 01:27 PM
I don't know for sure if the flip-book case will be free or cost extra. Just have to wait and see when you buy Season 6 next week. The flyer has a toll-free number to call to request the flip-book case. Here is the text from the flyer:

"For all those that fear change...

For those anal-retentive nerds who like their DVD boxes to line up perfectly on the shelf...

For all those who dislike storing their digital media inside a hollowed-out human head, have we got a deal for you:

Just call [toll-free number] for a very derivative, old-style just-like-before box with almost nothing new or creative to annoy or terrify you. Enjoy!"

Mandalorian Candidat
08-12-2005, 02:20 PM
Ha ha ha...worst.box.ever

That's some nice reporting there, Ji'dai. :thumbsup:

I don't know for sure if the flip-book case will be free or cost extra. Just have to wait and see when you buy Season 6 next week. The flyer has a toll-free number to call to request the flip-book case. Here is the text from the flyer:

Jek Porky 2002
08-15-2005, 05:37 AM
That's great news! I wonder what the case will look like? Will it be unique or just a makeshift cheapo box!

I was thinking season six would be yellow, there are so many different things you can do with the old theme with the TV on the front it's much better than the new head style.

Ji'dai
08-16-2005, 06:41 PM
FOX has a website set up for the Season 6 DVD "Alternative Packaging Program." (http://www.simpsonsbox.com/)

You have to fill in the redemption form (online) plus send in proof of purchase, a rear molar (optional), and a check for $2.95 to cover shipping and handling.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Hey, I just had a wisdom tooth removed a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if they'll give me extra stuff for it.

I picked "Anal retentive" as my choice for wanting a new box.

2-1B
08-17-2005, 01:37 AM
I don't like their choices, but I guess I'll just go with Anal Retentive.

Seriously guys, I know I'm on record as not liking this new package before it even came out BUT AT THE SAME TIME, I really DO understand why they did it, to mix things up and change their product look to freshen it up. I totally get that, even if I'm not big on the idea of changing . . . however that being said, this style in particular is just so lame to me, I bought it tonight and I think it sucks.

So while on principle alone I guess I have to answer Anal Retentive, when it comes to this particular box and why I don't want it, my answer would be "it sucks." but that's not an option. lol lol lol lol lol

Jek Porky 2002
08-17-2005, 04:05 AM
Anybody know what the alternative packaging looks like yet?

I'm really surprised that SNPP has not had any updates lately, normally they are pretty good with Simpsons DVD info!

Does anybody know any other good Simpsons info sites?

Exhaust Port
08-17-2005, 08:13 AM
I was given this box set as a house warming gift yesterday and was relieved to see this program to get the original box. Very nice! Outstanding season too. :)

JimJamBonds
08-17-2005, 09:44 AM
I got Season VI as well and that case is the dumbest thing ever. Like Caesar said they wanted to mix things up a bit and I'm fine with that, I read on the forums that you can get the 'old' case and figured "why bother?" since at that point I hadn't opened it up yet. Now I know better, I was fine w/ the Homer shaped box if the box itself wasn't such a p.o.s., its clumsey, opens weird nothing sits in the right. I'll be forking over a few bones to get that other case for sure. The case well its crap, the disks however... AWESOME. There are sooooo many good episodes it isn't even funny, well actually its very funny. I'm pleased to know that I now have my all time fav. Simpsons episode on DVD: Itchy and Scratchy Land. :thumbsup:

Sincerly yours,

Bort

Jek Porky 2002
08-17-2005, 09:49 AM
C'mon guys I need full details on just how cool this set is!! I've got to wait another three weeks before getting my greasy little hands on it, as it's not out in Kool Brittania til the 5th September!!

I always get over excited when a new Simpsons set comes out!! It's great that they are becoming more frequent these days! I remember the 15 month wait between seasons 2 and 3, and the numerous delays and hold ups!

2-1B
08-17-2005, 12:32 PM
I just printed my form and sealed the envelope, I'm sending it off right away !

My GUESS is that the box will be black because that's the color of the side insert of the stupid Homer box, and I can't recall the characters on the side but I'm thinking Wiggum and Moe, could be way off though (too lazy to get up and look).

"My cat's name is mittens."
--Ralph

Exhaust Port
08-17-2005, 12:47 PM
"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - Ralph

El Chuxter
08-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Glad to hear about the "normal" case offer. I was actually considering holding off to see if it was re-released in a regular box, a la Speed Racer or Battlestar Galactica, despite the fact that it includes "Fear of Flying." If I'm not mistaken, that's the ep that gave us two of the best lines in Simpsons history:

Something wrong here. . . can't quite put my finger on it. . . something not right. . . I've got it! This g@y bar doesn't have any peanuts!

and

Who is this "Homer Simpson"? My name is Guy Incognito!

Jayspawn
08-17-2005, 01:01 PM
I havent picked up the set yet on account of the Homer case. But I'm glad to hear there is an offer for a regular case. So I'll be getting it then.

Jek Porky 2002
08-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Wasn't it:

Homer- "This le$bian bar doesn't have a fire escape! Enjoy your death trap ladies!"

Woman At Bar- "What did she say?"

Exhaust Port
08-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Wasn't it:

Homer- "This le$bian bar doesn't have a fire escape! Enjoy your death trap ladies!"

Woman At Bar- "What did she say?"

That is the quote that I remember.

El Chuxter
08-17-2005, 05:31 PM
The one I'm thinking of follows Homer being kicked out of Moe's and is trying to find a new bar (before he winds up at the pilots' bar). We see him at the bar in an obviously g@y club and he says that quote, or something very close to it.

2-1B
08-18-2005, 02:06 AM
I can't recall the characters on the side but I'm thinking Wiggum and Moe, could be way off though (too lazy to get up and look).

I was half right, it's Wiggum and Burns.

Jek Porky 2002
08-18-2005, 04:51 AM
I have finally seen the alternative packaging, I quite like the black, but I don't, however, like the fact that it is nearly an inch smaller than the previous 5 seasons!

Still, I suppose it's better than nothing!

Bosskman
08-18-2005, 04:56 AM
Yeah, it's the one with le$bian in it. Man that's a sweet quote. And let us not forget the classic ine from Homie the Clown "Stop, he's already dea." and from the THOH: "I wish I wish I hadn't killed that fish."

Seanson 5 maked the beginning of the Simpson's Golden Age, I think season 10 is where it starts to slow, but there are still a few good eps out there. The show has become a "buttercup of winter". (only a hardcore simpson fan would recognize that last one.

DarthQuack
08-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Just picked up Season 6 last night and will be mailing in my stuff today for my anal-retentive box.:whip:

2-1B
08-18-2005, 12:00 PM
I have finally seen the alternative packaging, I quite like the black, but I don't, however, like the fact that it is nearly an inch smaller than the previous 5 seasons!

What do you mean, an inch smaller in height or width ? Please specify.

Jek Porky 2002
08-18-2005, 12:22 PM
In height, It's gonna look shorter on your shelf next to the other five!

Does anybody think that if enough people order the alternate case they will actually scrap the idea of the head cases?

DarthQuack
08-18-2005, 01:28 PM

Where did you manage to see the new packaging? Link please??

Matt

Jek Porky 2002
08-18-2005, 04:43 PM
I only saw the spine of it, not the front! If you go to simpsonscollectors.com someone has posted it on the forums there!

Mandalorian Candidat
08-18-2005, 04:46 PM
It's Wiggum and Burns on the box, I believe. I watched "Bart of Darkness" last night after printing off my new box form. Aside from the box, this is a kick-A set. I thought S4 and S5 were good, but this one is the best so far (and Matt Groening said so too on the intro clip, so nyah nyah :D ). I can't think of one episode that isn't excellent. Plus the THOH is killer.

I got mine at Best Buy (they have it for $30 and so does Target) but it didn't come with the 800# insert that is described on the simpsonsbox website. I'm glad someone uncovered that tidbit cause I would have been in the dark.

Hey JP2000, I'm gonna go home tonight and watch some more. :p ;)

2-1B
08-19-2005, 03:11 AM
Jek, do you have a link ? I can't find it there.

I'm finding it hard to believe that Fox would go through the trouble of making an alternate box to please the fans, going as far as the Anal Retentive jab, and STILL not have them match on the shelf . . . I mean wasn't that the point of the whole thing ? :confused:

Jek Porky 2002
08-19-2005, 05:04 AM
Here ya go!

Also I notice that the seaon 1 DVD is different on this pic than the one I own, was it repackaged at some point? The one we see here has Homer and Marge's heads either side of The Simpson logo, the one I have has Bart and Lisa's whole body's and the logo is in a different place to the rest!

2-1B
08-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks Jek ! I'm relieved now, because the pic in that shot is of the Homer Head with the black slipcase wrapped around. :)

I thought you were talking about the new box we had to order for the cost of S/H, but that's not it in the pic, I already have that one. :)

As for Season 1, that one in the pic is the exact one I have too, it's a bit slimmer than the other seasons but I don't mind because it's one less disc . . . I'm just glad the other dimensions are all the same ! :grin:

So yeah, no worries here anymore, I'm sure the replacement box will turn out just fine. :razz:

Jek Porky 2002
08-22-2005, 05:17 AM
Oops my mistake, I should have looked more closely!!

So has anyone recieved there's yet? Also, does anyone know if they will offer this in other regions? I have just had a horrible feeling that the flip book will only be available in North America!

DarthQuack
08-22-2005, 12:15 PM
I just sent mine out today. I think we know it's Burns and Wiggum because of the plastic cover, obviously. I hope they bag the whole head idea. They are not very durable and seems like it will bend pretty easily. I don't like the plastic cover either.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-22-2005, 06:30 PM
So has anyone recieved there's yet? Also, does anyone know if they will offer this in other regions? I have just had a horrible feeling that the flip book will only be available in North America!

The mail away sheet said it would take 4-6 weeks instead of the standard 6-8 weeks.

I'm wondering if this will turn out to be a big joke or some kind of crappy generic cardboard packaging in yellow with big black letters saying "Simpsons DVD."

2-1B
08-23-2005, 12:53 AM
It will be authentic, that would be dishonest to charge us shipping for what they are saying is a box just like the other ones . . . such a plan would backfire on them, me thinks.

JimJamBonds
08-23-2005, 12:58 AM
If it is a Junk Box then I hope it does backfire on them, however I think they know they are in the prime season's now and that sales should increase because of it.

Jek Porky 2002
08-25-2005, 05:08 AM
Lookey lookey!! Not exactly what I was expecting, but better than the head box!!

I see they've put the UK release date back to 17th October, which is a killer!!

JimJamBonds
08-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Cool, I like that! Although it might be different do to that being released in the UK??? Where the other boxes the same as the US version?

Ji'dai
08-25-2005, 04:02 PM
The UK (http://www.foxtvdvd.co.uk/article_full.php?ID=57) gets two different version of the case. The Homer's Head plastic case is a limited edition there. Season 6 will also be available in the regular flip-book style with "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" cover art.

Will this "Who Shot Mr. Burns" case be our mail-away alternate box? Only time will tell...

Jek Porky 2002
08-26-2005, 04:02 AM
I have a feeling that the head box will be a store exclusive, probably HMV like the gold edition Star Wars Trilogy set was. That sort of thing usually happens over here!

I'm quite pleased with the way it's worked out for us Brits, that's if the "Who Shot Mr Burns" cover set is the same as the US alternative version!

Mandalorian Candidat
09-02-2005, 07:13 PM
OK, the boxes may be on their way. My check to 20th Century Fox just cleared today. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
09-02-2005, 09:38 PM
In Amarieka, first you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the wemon.

2-1B
09-02-2005, 10:22 PM
OK, the boxes may be on their way. My check to 20th Century Fox just cleared today. :thumbsup:

But no email yet ?

Mandalorian Candidat
09-05-2005, 12:48 PM
But no email yet ?

I got an email way back when I printed out the packing slip. Are you talking about 20th CF sending one when it ships?

2-1B
09-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Yes.

It said they will send an email when it is actually prepped to ship (or something along those lines). :)

2-1B
09-08-2005, 03:45 AM
According to my online bank statement, my check cleared on 9/6. At least I know it got there safely ! :)

Mandalorian Candidat
09-15-2005, 06:34 PM
I just got my notice that the slipcase shipped.

This email is to let you know that your Simpsons Season Six Replacement Slipcase has shipped via United States Postal Service. Expect it soon!

Ji'dai
09-15-2005, 10:12 PM
I just got my notice that the slipcase shipped. Hey, whattaya know, I got this e-mail today too. Hopefully it will arrive in mint condition.

2-1B
09-15-2005, 11:27 PM
I got my notice, too ! As Homer would say, "WHOO HOOO !"

Mandalorian Candidat
09-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Ding ding ding! I win!!! In your face space coyote!

Man, I don't know what to think about this. It came in a flat mailer envelope all collapsed without any type of insert. I figured the clamshell insert would be involved but it still disappointed me that it doesn't have the foldout panels like 1-5. There's no top, just a bottom flap. The cover has Homer looking through a mag. glass with a shadow outline of Burns in the glass lens (which is the inner side of the back face), along with Maggie, Willie, Moe, Marge, SLH with the neck guard, and drunk Smithers. Wiggums and Burns are on both spines like the original plastic cover on the clamshell. The back side has all the episodes listed with Burns laying on the sundial like from the end of part 1 of "Who Shot Mr. Burns."

Sorry I don't have a dig. cam. to take a pic. Everyone else's should be showing up soon.

2-1B
09-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the report ManCan . . . I was just starting to get ticked today because it hasn't arrived yet. Since you just got yours, I'm not worried and I'll hope to see it in the next day or two !

Mandalorian Candidat
09-28-2005, 05:20 PM
I realized after my post that when you put the DVD insert into the new box, Homer's face on the inset fits right into the mag. glass cutout, making it look distorted. Now that I think about it, the graphical design is kind of cool.

Ji'dai
09-30-2005, 04:03 PM
I received my replacement box today. I uploaded some pics, check 'em out if you haven't got your box or are still on the fence about ordering one.

Assembly Instructions (http://tinypic.com/e69mhx.jpg)

Box pictures (bottom flap hasn't been folded yet)

Front (http://tinypic.com/e6a73c.jpg)

Back (http://tinypic.com/e6a7g3.jpg)

Inserting the DVD case (http://tinypic.com/e6a7mb.jpg)

Box front with DVD case inserted (http://tinypic.com/e6a7ua.jpg)

I thought it was going to be an actual box/case like Season 1-5 came in with the flip-out jewel box insert. But it's just a sleeve that you put the Homer's head into. So not quite a "just-as-before-box" as advertised. And since the box doesn't have a top flap, dust is going to collect inside the box too.

JimJamBonds
10-01-2005, 11:56 PM
I never sent in for the new case, seeing it now I'm not so sure I'll bother. While it would be nice to have all 6 boxes look the same this won't fix the fact that the poorly designed yellow plasitc case is still a part of the set. :mad:

Exhaust Port
10-02-2005, 08:54 PM
I received my replacement box today. I uploaded some pics, check 'em out if you haven't got your box or are still on the fence about ordering one.

Assembly Instructions (http://tinypic.com/e69mhx.jpg)

Box pictures (bottom flap hasn't been folded yet)

Front (http://tinypic.com/e6a73c.jpg)

Back (http://tinypic.com/e6a7g3.jpg)

Inserting the DVD case (http://tinypic.com/e6a7mb.jpg)

Box front with DVD case inserted (http://tinypic.com/e6a7ua.jpg)

I thought it was going to be an actual box/case like Season 1-5 came in with the flip-out jewel box insert. But it's just a sleeve that you put the Homer's head into. So not quite a "just-as-before-box" as advertised. And since the box doesn't have a top flap, dust is going to collect inside the box too.

Thanks for the pictures/review Ji'dai! I hope to get my order in the mail soon.

Ji'dai
10-03-2005, 12:24 AM
Sure, no problem. I'm not looking forward to going through this mail-away rigamarole for the next four box sets. It seems like a big hassle really.

Ji'dai
10-05-2005, 12:30 AM
TVShowsOnDVD.com (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4233) have a tentative release date of December 13 for Season 7. It's likely the plastic head case this time will be Marge.

Lots of classic episodes such as Radioactive Man ("Ahh...the goggles do nothing!"), Bart Sells His Soul ("If the Ayatollah can't have it, no one can!"), King Size Homer ("I heard that guy's *** is so big it has it's own area code." or "Hey fatty, here's a movie for ya - 'A Fridge Too Far'")...

Mandalorian Candidat
10-05-2005, 05:54 PM
("I heard that guy's *** is so big it has it's own area code."

...or congressman.

Doesn't S7 have the one with Johnny Cash as the Space Coyote?

Ji'dai
10-05-2005, 06:57 PM
...or congressman.

Doesn't S7 have the one with Johnny Cash as the Space Coyote?

D'ohnuts! You're right about the congressman part. The Space Coyote didn't make an appearance until the 8th Season.

Mmm, sprinkles...

2-1B
10-05-2005, 10:44 PM
I haven't received my package yet and I'm starting to get concerned that it went MIA in the USPS. :(

Ji'dai
10-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Looks like we won't have to worry about ordering an "alternate box" for Season 7. The next set will be available in both the plastic head and standard cardboard case.

The downside is that completists will have to buy two Season 7 sets if they want both packaging variations.

>> http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4294

Jek Porky 2002
10-17-2005, 07:36 AM
Much like they did here in the UK! The head boxes are actually a limited edition varient and the old style cardboard packaging is available in all stores as the main style of packaging!

Obviously the new head boxes weren't as popular as Fox anticipated!!

2-1B
10-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Awesome, I'll be getting the standard box next time for sure !

I got my replacement box last week . . . finally . . . and while not perfect, I'd say it's a HUGE improvement over that stupid head and aside from the open top, I can't complain. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
10-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Another Simpson set coming out this year? Eeeexcellent.

Ji'dai
11-13-2005, 10:32 PM
Attached is box artwork for Season 7. As reported earlier, both package types will be available at retail this time around.

2-1B
11-13-2005, 11:51 PM
Thanks J'Dai, glad I don't have to jump through hoops to get a good box this time ! ;)

Of course, now the halfassed season 6 replacement box will stick out but I can live with it. lol

James Boba Fettfield
11-14-2005, 12:03 AM
What makes you think this box will be different from Season 6?

I expect it will just be a sleeve (like 6's replacement box) that houses a DVD holding package similar to season 6. Why do I believe that? Notice the image viewer on the camera on that box? See that eye? Wouldn't surprise me if that eye is part of one of the eyes that make up the small DVD holding package.

Don't think they'll ever go back to doing the old style digipacks.

2-1B
11-14-2005, 12:30 AM
They're not going to put that new box on the store shelf without a top to it, no way. That's my prediction.

As for the insides, I don't care if the DVDs are rubber banded together. lol As long as the outer box has a top to it. I'm exaggerating, of course, but seriously I don't mind if we don't get a digipack, just a whole box. :)

James Boba Fettfield
11-14-2005, 01:10 AM
I hope you're right about it being more like a box, but I still have my doubts with these buffoons (same ones who started this stupid head idea)

Jek Porky 2002
11-14-2005, 06:37 AM
What makes you think this box will be different from Season 6?

I expect it will just be a sleeve (like 6's replacement box) that houses a DVD holding package similar to season 6. Why do I believe that? Notice the image viewer on the camera on that box? See that eye? Wouldn't surprise me if that eye is part of one of the eyes that make up the small DVD holding package.

Don't think they'll ever go back to doing the old style digipacks.

Well here in the UK we got the alternate (maginfying glass) box in stores and it wasn't a cheepo sleave like your mail order version, it was a proper box set like seasons 1-5, instead of getting the plastic Homer head inside it was cardboard.

So I imagine they will keep this up with season 7.

vadersvette
11-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Hey, when you guys sent away for the replacement box, how long did it take for you to get an email saying it shipped? :confused: I sent my check in about a month ago and still haven't gotten a response... :frus:

James Boba Fettfield
11-17-2005, 02:37 PM
I sent away for the box and received it, but they never sent me an email about it being shipped.

And no, I didn't delete it with some spam email delete setting or anything. Just glad the damn thing arrived even if it was a piece of ****.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-17-2005, 04:49 PM
Looking back over this thread it looks like it took them right about 1 month to email me about it being shipped...then it arrived about two weeks after that. At least they were in their 6-8 week window.

Jayspawn
12-16-2005, 09:18 AM
Hey I picked up Season 7 last night in the STUPID Marge Head box! I got it at Costco for $20 with was a great price, but now I'm stuck with the damn box instead of the regular one. D'oh! They only got in the 1 kind instead of both!

Ji'dai
12-16-2005, 10:44 AM
I bought Season 7 at my local WM, which only has the old style cardboard box packaging and not the plastic Marge head. I haven't seen the plastic head at retail yet (though I haven't been looking too hard).

$20 is still a great price for the set though.

JimJamBonds
12-16-2005, 12:03 PM
$26 at my WM with the old style box.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-16-2005, 06:10 PM
I thought it was supposed to come out on the 20th, not this week. I went to Media Play to scope out their going out of business sale and they had theirs all out (clamshell style) for $45 before the 20% discount.

DarthQuack
12-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Picked up season 7th season today....no Marge head here, except the one that came in the box :-)

UKWildcat
12-16-2005, 09:13 PM
I asked for season 7 for Christmas. I did specify the box instead of the head, but we never know what Santa will bring. ;) Have you all noticed that the Marge heads are limited editions? I guess that's how the rest of the heads will be, limited and the box version will always be available. I guess it could be cool to have all of the heads (for display purposes) but it definitely wouldn't be worth it to double dip on the set, especially given the real shoddy packaging. Therefore, all boxes for me.

El Chuxter
12-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Funny, I went with the Marge head. The new box doesn't match the seasons 1-5 boxes, so I figured two designs is better than three. :D

General_Grievous
12-17-2005, 10:46 AM
I picked up the old style box and I'm happy for it, because I can't stand those f***ing clamshell head packages.

Mandalorian Candidat
12-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Man was I out of it! I thought it was supposed to come out this week but there it was everywhere...well almost. In my area they were all sold out by Friday except for one WM and they were nice enough to hold me a copy so I could pick it up for the Costco price. :D Just love that price matching policy of theirs.

Jek Porky 2002
01-26-2006, 07:01 AM
I thought I'd start a new thread regarding The Simpsons Boxset, being as the thread for The Complete Fifth Season (with seasons 6 and 7 info) has disappeared from the forums.

Does anybody have any idea when The Complete Eighth Season is due for release? Does anyone have any news on it yet?

I know that the limited edition head case will be in the form of Bart, but that's about it. Any more info yet?

JimJamBonds
01-26-2006, 12:14 PM
I'd guess maybe June or July for season VIII.

Lord Malakite
01-26-2006, 01:39 PM
So when is the next season due?

James Boba Fettfield
01-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Probably around the time JimJamJohnboy Walton Bonds says.

Speculation only, though, nothing confirmed.

Ji'dai
01-27-2006, 10:46 AM
The Season 6 alternate box is still shipping. I ordered one for my brother back in December, hoping to get it before Christmas, but it didn't arrive until last week. Better late than never though.

Jayspawn
01-27-2006, 11:07 AM
I've been thinking about this, and I think I've decided to STOP collecting The Simpsons Seasons.

Here's why....

-The show just got renewed for like 3-5 more years! If you add em all up, that a TON of episodes! More than I could ever watch in my lifetime and be able to watch the DVDs I already own and still have a life.

- The DVD boxes are getting too stupid looking -its already too much of a hassle to track down a season that'll match the ones you have.

- No offence to Simpsons Fans, creators, writers and talent. But the show is not funny to me anymore. I think the show should quit while its on top (is it anymore?) I think the show has been good, and its already been there and done that. You can twist it as much as you want or get whichever guest star, its all been done.

El Chuxter
01-27-2006, 02:02 PM
That may be true, but IIRC, there are still a couple of good seasons yet to be released on DVD.

But seriously, 3-5 more years? That's awful. Unless they kill off some writers and bring in new blood, there's little hope for the show. It's about as bad as Malcolm in the Middle now.

James Boba Fettfield
01-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Season 8 will give us the great Scorpio episode.

After that, I'm not sure.

Ji'dai
01-29-2006, 12:44 PM
I'll keep buying the box sets as they krank them out. I'll continue to tune in as long as the series runs; the show is the only non-HBO TV program I watch.

Season 8 has a couple of good Halloween segments: Bart's evil twin Hugo and Lisa creates a mini-civilization from her lost tooth.

Burn's long-lost son Larry appears; Bart works at the local bordello (great musical review in that ep); the Van Houtens divorce; Lisa & Nelson's romance; Homer meets his spirit guide Coyote (voiced by Johnny Cash); an X-Files parody with Mulder & Scully; Marge goes into the pretzel business; Homer & Burns are buried in an avalanche during a company retreat; the family gets a nanny in a parody of Mary Poppins; Sideshow Bob reappears with his brother Cecil (voiced by Kelsey Grammer's 'brother' David Hyde Pierce from Fraiser); Lisa babysits a petulant Bart; Homer becomes a bootlegger during prohibition in Springfield; Skinner & Krabappel's romance; Lisa helps Burns recover his fortune via a recycling plant; Marge as the 'Listen Lady' & Homer unravels the mystery of 'Mister Sparkle'; Frank 'Grimey' Grimes and his hatred of Homer -- all that and whole lot more!

El Chuxter
01-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Those are all season 8? Then this set would be worth it just for the spirit coyote, Sherry Bobbins (and the classic line: "Good-bye, Sherry Bobbins! Good-bye, Sherry Bobbins! See ya later, Superman!"), and the moment when Bob covers Cecil's eyes and says, "Guess who?" (and Cecil says, "Merris?").

This was still a very good season.

Ji'dai
01-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Yep, those are all Season 8 eps. The Johnny Cash/Coyote one is memorable for me due to Homer's psychadelic trip after eating Wiggim's chili.

I'd like to see the X-Files parody again even though I've since lost interest in that show. Leonard Nimoy is back as the narrator and I think Chewbacca even appears in it.

This post brought to you by:

Mr. Sparkle

I'm disrespectful to dirt! Can you see I am serious! For lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle!

JimJamBonds
01-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Yep, those are all Season 8 eps. The Johnny Cash/Coyote one is memorable for me due to Homer's psychadelic trip after eating Wiggim's chili.

I like the way that one started but then it became (yet) another "are Homer and Marge to be together" episode.

Ji'dai
08-15-2006, 11:57 AM
I completely forgot to check at Wal-Mart for Season 8 today. Suncoast had the Maggie plastic head version for $29.99 (with mail-in rebate). Sam's Club had the cardboard box version for $34.

JimJamBonds
08-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I'll be picking it up tomorrow then.

El Chuxter
08-15-2006, 10:52 PM
amazon.com has the cheapest price I've been able to find on the Maggie head version, in case anyone else is collecting those, at $29.99 (free shipping + no tax ;)).

Ji'dai
08-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Picked up Season 8 (cardboard box) at Wal-Mart today for $29.87, on price roll back from $38.88. Much more reasonable price I think.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-18-2006, 09:02 PM
I picked up season 8 today at Target for 29.99, the regular box one. They had the maggie head version too, but i prefer the regular box.

And God, I LOVE Hank Scorpio. "In fact, I didn't even give you my coat!"

Kills me every time. :thumbsup:

Jek Porky 2002
08-23-2006, 06:43 AM
I know this is probably a little premature, but any news on season 9 yet? I just can't get enough of The Simpsons Season boxsets and as soon as one comes out, my attention immediatly turns to the next one!! So, we have had Homer, Marge and Maggie as the central theme of season 6 onwards so far, who's next? Bart? Or are they saving him til last? When season six first came out I remember seeing all the "plastic head" packages for seasons 6-10 lined up on the net somewhere, does anyone else still have this picture?

General_Grievous
08-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Jek, I remember reading that Bart would be last, so Lisa's next. And Season 9 will probably be out in December, judging by the previous releases. I can't wait to see "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson" and "Natural Born Kissers" again.

Ji'dai
08-24-2006, 04:46 PM
From page 2 of this thread: this attachment has a (small) pic of all the plastic character heads:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11968&d=1123800937

I'm hoping Season 9 will be released before christmas. Two seasons a year, that's about right... right?

2-1B
08-24-2006, 11:22 PM
I'm hoping Season 9 will be released before christmas. Two seasons a year, that's about right... right?

Right. :) :)