PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Reveals Dannik Jerriko, Feltipern Trevagg, and Myo!!

Beast
10-07-2004, 03:32 PM
You might not have caught the announcement on the front page, so I figured I'd toss up a post anyway about some good quality pictures of the '05 ANH Cantina figures that we'll likely be out by the end of the year.

The main complaint when early pictures showed up of Dannik, was that his probiscus were sculpted on. But according to the Hasbro site, they are removable which is a great thing to see. Feltipern and Myo look great also, nice to see the Cantina getting fleshed out somemore. Hopefully we'll get some more Jabba's Palace figures soon as well. :)

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/id.1107/dn/default.cfm
http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=30662

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

B'Omarr Monkey
10-07-2004, 03:42 PM
I was very happy to see these. The pictures look great, and it's nice to see my thinking on the proboscises confirmed.

I just hope the hole they plug into aren't too big. I hope they work more cantina characters into the ROTS line, as they did with Djas Puhr right after the first waves of AOTC figures came out. Seeing more cinema scene packs for the cantina would be welcome as well.

AmanaMatt
10-07-2004, 04:22 PM
I'm very happy with all three of these; it is amazing how (overall) how quality the Cantina figs have been over the years - I hope we will see these on OTC style packaging.........I assume these are prior to Summer '05?

Droid
10-07-2004, 04:32 PM
I think Hasbro is nervous the pipe smoker will be a peg warmer, notice all those accessories, particularly the Expanded Universe "essence suckers". Let's all be sure to buy two of him, kids!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Thank God those stupid things are removable! Myo looks great too.

mrpauldeeds
10-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Myo looks awsome with his blue drink! same with Feltipern Trevagg. Dannik looks okay, but his bio is interesting. cant wait to see them carded hopefully on the OTC line.

DarthQuack
10-07-2004, 06:40 PM
They all look pretty sweet, makes me want to go to K-Mart and see if they have any Cantina Scenes left!

Kidhuman
10-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Very nice, a little good stuff before E3 figs.

Darth Grifter
10-07-2004, 07:20 PM
i hope these come out before the eIII packaging hits. it would be a shame to have them in RoTS packaging when they are OT figs...

evenflow
10-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Good to hear they are removable, they all look great. I can't wait for these.

mark2d2
10-08-2004, 04:45 AM
Dang, talk about a fun wave.

Myo especially. :)

But they all look great!
More Cantina Figs!
Please. Please. Please!!!

TheDarthVader
10-08-2004, 03:41 PM
They all look awesome! I can't wait to add these to my collection. Some things never get old: lots of money, jabba palace figures, and CANTINA FIGURES! We need more "new figures" and less "re-releases or resculpts".

B.
TDV

Devo
10-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Why is everyone a bounty hunter in the star wars universe??? And why do so many gather at this particular cantina in Mos Eisley?? Djas puhr, Takeel, Zutton, Greedo and now Feltipern Trevagg. Am I missing any?

What others are there, lets list them - Amanaman (most ridiculous of all), Dengar, Bossk, Boba Fett, IG-88 (also not very feasible), 4-lom, zuckuss, Jango fett, Zam wessell, Boushh

Do Hasbro just pretend they're bounty hunters to make them sound more exciting or something?

jedi master sal
10-11-2004, 06:22 PM
That's better than saying, "Feltipern Trevagg-with tax collecting action grip and auditing datpad accessory."

-Sal

B'Omarr Monkey
10-11-2004, 11:57 PM
I always thought the bounty hunter thing got out of hand. It must be one of the most populated professions in the SW Universe. I didn't mind the group shot in TESB, but retroactively calling Greedo a bounty hunter, rather than just an oportunistic thug, or henchman, as well as half the alien population of the rest of the movies is silly. Why are there so many bounty hunters hanging out in Jabba's palace anyway, shouldn't they be out bounty hunting, or is it just something they do on the weekends?

It's clearly just GL (and Hasbro) pandering to the Fett followers. Did Zam Wessell have to be a bounty hunter vs just an assassin? What about Aurra Sing? What made her a bounty hunter? She turned her head as podracers zipped by. I don't know why all these background characters have to be given detailed biographies anyway. Just name them, their species, their accessories, and let us (and the kids who play with them)make up the rest.

Bounty Hunters in Sw are the equivalent of actors/screenwriters in Los Angeles. Everyone seems to be one, whether they actually work in that profession or not.

dindae
10-12-2004, 10:23 AM
Ah but the reason everyone is hanging out at Jabba's/the cantina is because there are so many bounty that there is no work. So most of them are just waiting for Jabba to get angry enough to put a bounty on someone else's head. Then it's like a ghost town. :D

Ric Olie
10-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Feltipern Trevagg looks great. I'll be getting him when he comes out.

Beast
10-14-2004, 02:30 PM
There's a carded pic of Dannik over on Galactic Hunter now. Lookin' good!

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3513&zoneid=2

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthQuack
10-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the update JJB and the pictures look sweet, I could have sworn he looked different on Decipher cards.