PDA

View Full Version : a coupla quik unique-sculpt figure quextions

vulcantouch
10-07-2004, 10:54 PM
howdy otc xperts,
as a few of you know i get figures for a tokyo pal when he can't find em there. so, got him the k-mart xclusive cantina 3-pak cuz japan don't have k-marts and i know kitik's xclusive to that pak. and as i recall, evazan's knees didn't bend the last time he was offered (in cantina showdown 3-pak), so he's a unique sculpt too, right? but, is the wuher a new sculpt or just a repaint?
as for these trilogy-dvd 3-packs that sell for $10 at walmart; are any of those figs unique sculpts or are they all repacks? the emperor, for one, looks like a new sculpt but i can't be sure. and if they are, are these xclusive to walmart? (they don't have walmart in japan neither.) thanx in advance for answers :)
vt

Kidhuman
10-08-2004, 08:14 AM
They are all repacks. No new figures in them at all. They look nice to display, thats about it.

Edit: I was talking about the DVD 3 packs.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Wuher is a little different, he doesn't have a cup permanently stuck in either hand. But he was painted in a way that makes him look like he just rolled around in poop!

dindae
10-09-2004, 01:37 AM
Now the 3 pack is the same as the second wave of cantina figures which was released on a small scale in Japan if I am correct.

Devo
10-12-2004, 08:29 PM
Are these cantina 3 packs to be as widely available as say, the cantina bar/one figure pegwarmers? I certainly hope so.

Also is the blue-clothed snaggletooth a new character? (albeit a repaint by the looks of it) Was there a blue snaggletooth in the cantina?

Kidhuman
10-12-2004, 08:36 PM
The Blue Snag was released in the Early Bird set. WHen he came out in the movie, he sported a Red outfit, hence the change. Blue SNags in vintage figures is a rare item it seems. People asked for one, so they gave it to us with 2 repacks. What a way to clear the warehouse of junk. The only place to get the Cantina sets is K-Mart, and I have seen them a few times. I am sure they are all oveer the place, but with Kit in it, it has gone real fast. Also Wuher and Evanzan seem to be a little different than the POTF original ones. NOt a bad set in all, havent seen scene 2 though, I think I will pass on it. I can get Snags dirt cheap and paint him blue if I want one that bad.

Turbowars
10-12-2004, 09:55 PM
The Blue Snag was released in the Early Bird set. get Snags .Really? I thought it was just Luke, R2, Chewy and Leia.

Kidhuman
10-12-2004, 10:24 PM
MY bad, it wasonly available in the Sears Cantina Set.

vulcantouch
11-01-2004, 10:46 PM
dind: "released on a small scale in Japan if I am correct"
-thanx for hedz-up, i'll be sure & check w/tokyo joe afore sending :) was able to get both this and the set 2 (in case he wants taller zutton :rolleyes: ) on kmart's last-week sale at least, & can just take em back if he don't want :)

jjl: "makes him look like he just rolled around in poop"
-yeah it's a purty sorry set all right; glad I don't completist-collect this crap :p in his hand has no cup, wonder if arm came from another figure, a la taller zutton's limbs?
vt