PDA

View Full Version : Stop it with those horrid LEGS!!!!

JEDIpartner
12-26-2001, 09:49 AM
What is the big deal with the horrid leg sculpts that lack the ability to pose figures other than in "action stance"???

Now that I've seen this on more than 3 figures, I'm really starting to worry. I hate this awful trend! This is absolutely unacceptable! How are we supposed to be able to put these figures into spaceships or in other settings when Hasbro has pretty much decided for us that it is not an option??? I cannot get over how much of a step backward this is!!!

I AM REALLY PO'd!!!! :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus:

bigbarada
12-26-2001, 10:57 AM
They make the figures unable to sit in a starship so they can sculpt a crappy pack-in figure and raise the price of the ship. Given the pack-in that came with the B-Wing though there's no guarantee that the pack in will even fit in the vehicle.:frus:

My interest in Ep2 toys is waning fast.

GNT
12-26-2001, 09:01 PM
Someone (not sure who?) brought up a good point about Boba Fett and the slave one,the 95 one is cr@ppy to even put it in there and then we have the 300 Fett which is in a cr2ppy stance too and I dont believe he'll fit in it,They should just make a basic stance like the vinage figures with heaps of articulation :)

Obi-Don
12-27-2001, 07:31 AM
I agree that this new way of making the legs bite.I think they should go back to the drawing broad and stop this before it gets out of hand.

Jargo
12-27-2001, 03:05 PM
Yeah, and what's with this FX-7 and the standing rooted to the spot stance? What gives with that huh?!!! oh...... :sur: :crazed:

Queen Amidala. Legs? Why? Function? Neccesary?

Action stances. Yes they are action figures. But this usually implies that the consumer is creative enough to achieve a pose with the figure that fits their imaginative whim. Dictating to a consumer how a figure can be used is not good practice. I don't want my jedi in fighting stance. I want them sitting around in contemplative bliss in the jedi council chamber. But action stance Eeth Koth isn't like the other jedi he has to growl and pose and go GRRRRRRR at the enemies and waggle his lightsaber aggresively while being rooted to the spot unable to step forward. Hardly an action figure is it? More like a poseur figure.

Let's leave the action posing for the deluxe figures eh? and release the carded figures in neutral poses like they always have been. They've always sold well that way before so what's changed? I can't see any reason for ridiculous poses on these carded figures when most peole want them in poses that will fit anywhere.

Jayspawn
12-27-2001, 05:55 PM
Those one-pose leg sculpts really bite the big one.

LTBasker
12-27-2001, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by GNT
Someone (not sure who?) brought up a good point about Boba Fett and the slave one,the 95 one is cr@ppy to even put it in there and then we have the 300 Fett which is in a cr2ppy stance too and I dont believe he'll fit in it,They should just make a basic stance like the vinage figures with heaps of articulation :)

I actually tried this, no, he can't fit in, and even if you get it to where he's on the lame little clip thing to hold him on, he looks lame after you close it up and stuff and his hands look funky.

Like I've said, they will listen to us, but they won't pay attention. They only listen to the "detail makes the money" part, but not the part about it being an ACTION figure as in heavy-play-ability. It'd be like making a GI Joe with only the basic 6 point articulation. Who wants a GI Joe action figure that can barely do any action?

GNT
12-28-2001, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I actually tried this, no, he can't fit in, and even if you get it to where he's on the lame little clip thing to hold him on, he looks lame after you close it up and stuff and his hands look funky.

Hasbros missed the boat with this figure! :(

Obi-Don
12-28-2001, 06:39 AM
Didn't just missed the boat,they weren't even on the dock when it sailed.

JEDIpartner
12-31-2001, 09:38 AM
Yeah... now we get the one pose Jango Fett with a mirror image of Padme's legs! To the Left! To the right! Everybody DANCE! Oh, wait! We can't!!! We all have action figure leg atrophy! Save these statuesque poses for the deluxe line and let us have our fun posing the standard figures on our own!!!

Eeth Koth :mad:
Padme Arena :mad:
Jango Fett :mad:

wanna add anymore to this growing list?!!!!:frus:

JediKnightBai
01-01-2002, 07:56 PM
I'd like to add to that list...

Aura Sing-*Ahem* Her legs do not need to be in that interesting
position.She barely can stand(I have to lean her against a dewback)

Sith Worm
01-01-2002, 09:43 PM
Well well boys I hear you on this one ,but for everyone of you that gripe about no movment there are five that complane that the joints and added articlation points in the legs are crappy and makes them look like robots I agree, but not fully see I am playing the part of hip. here I like the fact that the figs don't have all the funky joints, but want articulation I love stuck in action stance Eath, but one day want to make him stand in a scene with the other masters of the council, I didn't mind 300 boba either. I guess its up to Hasbro to figure it out until then we shall gripe...

Jayspawn
01-01-2002, 10:13 PM
And gripe on we shall Sith Worm.