PDA

View Full Version : Does this mean that my colection is not complete

Darth Mina
10-08-2004, 12:26 PM
If I did not buy any of the VOTC does that mena that I have a gap in my 4" collection :confused:
I have at least one of each carded figures since 95' but I just could not bring my self to pay 10 bucks for une figure. does this means that my collection is now incompleate or is it a diffrent line like unleashed.
(God I need to learn how to spell)

Kidhuman
10-08-2004, 12:38 PM
It is a seperate line. I have plenty of "gaps" in my collection but consider it for the most part complete since the majority of the gaps are re-issued, re-released figures that i did not get. Look at it this way, it is your collection and therefore it is complete to you. BUt I think you should reconsider since the VOTC figures rock.

Darth Mina
10-08-2004, 12:43 PM
I open all of my figures so, would you say that even if I get rid of the nice package and clam and sit next to my other figures they are still worth the price?

Kidhuman
10-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Yes, the articulation is worth the price, but not on 3PO. Vader, Fett, Han, and Stormie kick arse.

Darth Mina
10-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Yes, the articulation is worth the price, but not on 3PO. Vader, Fett, Han, and Stormie kick arse.
Dam you :D now I'm going to go crazy for leaving those on the pegs :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-08-2004, 04:33 PM
I think everything that is $5 or so is the basic line, and the VOTC is separate from that. I also open the figures, they are well worth the price (most of them anyway).

mericen
10-08-2004, 06:33 PM
I also think that they are well worth picking up. I myself get one to open and one to leave the the package. And yes, I ran out of storage space somewhere around Episode I. But that is fine. And no I do not think your collection will be imcomplete without them, it will just be more complete with them though. Finally, my 100th post.

Darth Mina
10-08-2004, 09:57 PM
Finally, my 100th post.
Good now you can have a custom avatar

Turbowars
10-08-2004, 09:59 PM
If I did not buy any of the VOTC does that mena that I have a gap in my 4" collection :confused:
I have at least one of each carded figures since 95' but I just could not bring my self to pay 10 bucks for une figure. does this means that my collection is now incompleate or is it a diffrent line like unleashed.
(God I need to learn how to spell)Yes you have a huge gap in your collection! Go to e-bay right now and buy, buy and buy!!

No, if you don't think they are worth if, then you made the right decision. I think Obi and Leia are kind of lame. I don't have the 3rd wave, but Han is by far the best and easiest to find. Vader is really nice too. There's so many cool poses for him.

Darth Mina
10-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Yes you have a huge gap in your collection! Go to e-bay right now and buy, buy and buy!!

No, if you don't think they are worth if, then you made the right decision. I think Obi and Leia are kind of lame. I don't have the 3rd wave, but Han is by far the best and easiest to find. Vader is really nice too. There's so many cool poses for him.
i know that every one tells me that they have great articulation but so did the SA clone trooper and in didn't have to pay 10 bucks and if all of us continue to shell out that kind of money Hasbro will increase the price of the figures little by little just look at what happened to the pre-e3 wave the figures are now about a dollar and some cents more. I just wish they would just give us what we want without the gimmics (retro package and plastic clams) well that is my two cents

Turbowars
10-08-2004, 10:24 PM
i know that every one tells me that they have great articulation but so did the SA clone trooper and in didn't have to pay 10 bucks and if all of us continue to shell out that kind of money Hasbro will increase the price of the figures little by little just look at what happened to the pre-e3 wave the figures are now about a dollar and some cents more. I just wish they would just give us what we want without the gimmics (retro package and plastic clams) well that is my two centsNo you are right, but I must say that the packaging is a huge selling point with me. I love the look of the Vintage stuff, but I can't afford the real thing.

Darth Mina
10-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Prepare to get sick :dead: about 12 years ago my mom got rid of my almost complete vintage figure collection, while i was in college she sold it at a yard sale carded and opened figures. she kind of figured that I had turn in to a woman and grew out of that phase (aghhhhhhhhh) needeles to say she made about 100 bucks for me that day :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
10-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Prepare to get sick :dead: about 12 years ago my mom got rid of my almost complete vintage figure collection, while i was in college she sold it at a yard sale carded and opened figures. she kind of figured that I had turn in to a woman and grew out of that phase (aghhhhhhhhh) needeles to say she made about 100 bucks for me that day :rolleyes:

I would of been so irked at my parents if they ever did that. GOod thing I skipped college. :D

Turbowars
10-08-2004, 10:44 PM
One word, DISOWN! lol

jonthejedi
10-09-2004, 04:44 AM
Mina...I think in time the VOTC will be marked down like everything else. One of my local WalMarts has something like thirty-something Han, Leia & Obi-Wan clogging up the pegs. For that reason, they can't, or won't, bring in wave 3. That's why I'm waiting on the OTC vehicles. Too much to pay for new packaging, when I have the '95 versions in the solid boxes.

B'Omarr Monkey
10-09-2004, 11:17 AM

My mom tossed all of my old metal lunchboxes, Halloween costumes and Pirates of the Caribbean model kits to make room for shoes she'll never where again. What's sickening is that she knew they were all worth moneyEven worse, she never asked me what I wanted to do with them. I would have made a trip to get them, or atleast have paid for her to ship them. :cry: :cry:

Darth Mina
10-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Mina...I think in time the VOTC will be marked down like everything else. One of my local WalMarts has something like thirty-something Han, Leia & Obi-Wan clogging up the pegs. For that reason, they can't, or won't, bring in wave 3. That's why I'm waiting on the OTC vehicles. Too much to pay for new packaging, when I have the '95 versions in the solid boxes.
That sounds like a good idea wait and if fait :crazed: wants me to have those figure i'll find them for less then retail (I hope )

Darth Mina
10-09-2004, 08:25 PM
My mom tossed all of my old metal lunchboxes, Halloween costumes and Pirates of the Caribbean model kits to make room for shoes she'll never where again. What's sickening is that she knew they were all worth moneyEven worse, she never asked me what I wanted to do with them. I would have made a trip to get them, or atleast have paid for her to ship them. :cry: :cry:
I feel your pain only mine was about ten times worst :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :crazed:

jedi-cpa
10-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Paint variants...not part of what I consider complete...

Packaging variants...not a consideration for me.

But I still consider my self complete.

If you feel like the VOTC is not part of your basic complete collection...then YOUR colection is complete.