PDA

View Full Version : What is that noise?

Rocketboy
10-08-2004, 11:52 PM
When the Queen is in Palpatine's apartment, Palpatine says "Our best choice would be to push for the election of a stronger Supreme Chancellor. One that could control the beauracrats" there is an odd noise.
It almost sounds like a creaky floorboard or an offstage noise of some kind.

It's always bugged me. At first, I thought it was my VHS copy, then I heard it again on the DVD, so that wasn't it.

Is it sloppy audio or am I missing something, like Darth Maul hiding in the closet and knocking something over (Jack Tripper style)?

It's at 1 hour 23 minutes (Chapter 27) on the DVD in case you want to see it.

Rocketboy
02-24-2007, 10:12 PM
*bump*

It's been nearly 2 1/2 years...

WELL?

CaptainSolo1138
02-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Its a clone hitting his head as an homage to the stormie.;)

Rocketboy
02-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Its a clone hitting his head as an homage to the stormie.;)Eat it Richards.
There were no clones in TPM, n00b.

Slicker
02-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Eat it Richards.
There were no clones in TPM, n00b.Not YET.

*scampers off to make some stupid EU involving a Blackhole Clone*

Bel-Cam Jos
02-25-2007, 08:34 AM
There were no clones in TPM, n00b.

Not YET.

It has been discovered that Palpatine was cloned from Darth Sidious decades before he became a Senator from Naboo. But, to ensure the secrecy of the Sith's return, the clone was never informed of his "birth," and thought that he was simply a burgeoning political figure. But, from beneath the shadows, a menace lurked, phantasmically, ready to sieze power from those who had become corrupt, lazy, and close-minded.
These are the stories of...

tsk-for to wane (in popularity), aka Supreme Chancellor Cos Palpatine! I just found this (cough) online and thought I'd share it wit-cha all!

Jargo
02-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Tis Palpatine letting one rip.

JimJamBonds
03-03-2007, 09:22 AM
It's at 1 hour 23 minutes (Chapter 27) on the DVD in case you want to see it.

How about I just LISTEN to it? :p

Ji'dai
03-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Anakin and Jar Jar are visible behind Palpatine walking around the next room shortly before the sound, so maybe it was the clumsy Gungan bumping into something.

I'm sure some hilarious hijinks with Binks farting and breaking some priceless artifact in the apartment was filmed but ultimately cut to maintain the seriousness of the Amidala/Palpatine scene. Now only the mysterious crashing noise remains as evidence of this missing comedic footage.

2-1B
03-03-2007, 03:08 PM
It was Jar Jar fluffing Anakin in preparation for the next movie's love scenes.

JEDIpartner
03-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Maybe it was Tom Cruise hiding in the closet again.

Jargo
03-05-2007, 05:55 PM
Given the dialogue that Palps and Padme spew I'm pretty sure it was crew members keeling over due to stupefaction.

JEDIpartner
03-07-2007, 02:04 PM
It's you... it's actually you, man. You're famous. :rolleyes:

;)

Jargo
03-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Eh what? HUH?

jjreason
03-07-2007, 07:11 PM
It's the sound of one million fans, aghast at the carpiness of the dialogue, dropping their belief that Star Wars is actually cool - in unison.

JEDIpartner
03-08-2007, 01:16 PM
It was Mama Cass coming back from the dead. :o

Bel-Cam Jos
03-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Anakin and Jar Jar are visible behind Palpatine walking around the next room shortly before the sound, so maybe it was the clumsy Gungan bumping into something.

I'm sure some hilarious hijinks with Binks farting and breaking some priceless artifact in the apartment was filmed but ultimately cut to maintain the seriousness of the Amidala/Palpatine scene. Now only the mysterious crashing noise remains as evidence of this missing comedic footage.I finally watched and listened to this scene, and I echo Ji'dai's comments. I thought it was more floor creaking than crashing, though.

Rogue II
03-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Your mom busted in and said "What's that noise?"
Oh, mom, you're just jealous, it's the Beastie Boys!

Bel-Cam Jos
03-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Amidala: "Our people are dying, Sena-"
Palpatine: "Shhh!!!!!!!!!! "
Amidala: "What? I-"
Palpatine: "Quiet! Do you hear that?"
Amidala: "What, that crashing, bumping, creaking noise from off camera?"
Palpatine: "No. It sounds like-"
[ring! ring! Palpatine picks up the Bat Phone, er, comlink]
Palpatine: "Hoy hoy? Yes? Yes? Yes. I see."
Amidala: "What is it?"
Palpatine: "They said that they've traced the call... and it's coming from INSIDE THE APARTMENT!! "
Amidala: " :eek: !!! "
Anakin: "Mighty blasters! "
Jar-Jar: "What unsophisticated, immature idiocy. I cringe at such inane behavior."