PDA

View Full Version : Which carded vintage line is the cheapest and easiest to get a hold of?

Turbowars
10-10-2004, 12:14 PM
I'd like to start getting a vintage collection going. I plan on it taking a long time, so I'm not in a hurry. I have a few mint vintage carded figures, but when I say few I mean it. The ones I do have are from Jedi and assume since I have them they are the easiest to get. So I guess I'm asking for a list of easiest to hardest to find.

Something like this;

12 backs
21 backs
and so on.

Thanks

LusiferSam
10-11-2004, 12:17 AM
Although I'm not a carded collector I can help get your list started. Your right about ROTJ cards are generally the easiest to get. POTF and 12 backs are the hardest, I'm not sure which is rarer. Some POTF like Romba and Warok can be bought pretty cheap
I'd guess 65, 77, and 79 backs all rate about the same, but 48 ROTJ might rarer (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I have no clue about the ESB cards, there are a odd combinations and variations there. 20 SW I'd guess is rarer than 21 SW.

Kidhuman
10-11-2004, 05:54 AM
I think the lower the number on the cardback, the more expensive it is.(except POTF). ROTJ has been the cheapest I have seen on Ebay.

jedi_uk73
10-11-2004, 07:04 AM
When I was collecting my set of 96, I found that different lines had cheaper figures than others..

For example....finding a ROTJ 'original' Leia, is harder than finding a SW one.

ROTJ 79bks work out a bit rarer than the 65 or 77 backs.

SW 32bks are rare, as it was just after the transition to ESB... they are basically 12bks with 32bk stickers on.

In the POTF line, it works out about and on the Trilogo / POTF card scale...some are cheaper and easier to find than others..

Getting a POTF Anakin or Yak Face is alot more expensive than the Trilogo, but finding a Trilogo Amanaman is more expensive than the POTF..

ESB cards can be just as cheap as ROTJ..

If your looking to get a set, go for the cheapest option like I did... you'll find you'll end up with a nice varied selection of cards..

I never thought I'd own any SW or POTF cards when I started....I was wrong.

vader121
10-11-2004, 08:36 AM
In my experience the ROTJ cards are the easiest by far. This was probably due to the fact that they probably made more.

Below is a list of the easiest carded figures to find in my experience:

ESB
Lobot, Imperial Commander

ROTJ
Rancor Keeper, General Madine, Nien Numb, Gammorrean Guard, Klaatu (both), Bib Fortuna, Rebel Commando, Chief Chirpa, Logray, Ree Yees, Squidhead, Luke Jedi, Teebo

Other easy ones to find are Emperor's Royal Guard & Weequay but I still don't have them. Haven't found ones in decent shape for the price.