PDA

View Full Version : christopher reeve, aka "superman" is dead.

derek
10-11-2004, 12:47 AM
the drudge report is reporting that christopher reeve has died.

"superman the movie" and chris reeve were my favorites of all time. even more than luke skywalker and star wars! :cry:

if anyone wants to debate the politics of stem cell research, please start your own thread in the rancor pit. this is reserved for the fond memories of christopher reeve, still the best superhero ever.:)

(no offence spiderman and x-men) ;)

Beast
10-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Yep, CNN just confirmed the rumors. He will be sorely missed. :(

http://cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/11/obit.reeve.ap/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AmanaMatt
10-11-2004, 02:01 AM
Very sad news.

Darth Jax
10-11-2004, 02:05 AM
What a tragic week for Hollywood. The medical research community has lost one of it's most respected and influential voices as well.

Kidhuman
10-11-2004, 06:50 AM
Very sad indeed. May you rst in peace Chris. :sad:

James Boba Fettfield
10-11-2004, 08:14 AM
Wow, I was thinking he would be able to live a much longer life while dealing with his paralysis. Shocking, to me at least, that he died so suddenly.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
10-11-2004, 08:55 AM
Farewell Superman... :zzz:

Sentinel18725
10-11-2004, 09:57 AM
That was sad news this morning. I feel that he truly lived up to his on screen character, after his paralysis. Instead of sulking away, he became more vocal and prominant as an activist for spinal cord injuries and research. Sad to see you go...may peace be with you Chris! :cry:

derek
10-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Wow, I was thinking he would be able to live a much longer life while dealing with his paralysis. Shocking, to me at least, that he died so suddenly.

i heard on the news that the average life span for someone in his condition is to live 7 years after the individual becomes paralyzed. he lived nine years.
:cry:

Slicker
10-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Although some may argue it he was actually making great progress personally. Losing him is the same as if the MDA were to lose Jerry Lewis.

El Chuxter
10-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Truly sad news. Christopher Reeve was Superman.

I think Barney Gumble said it best (though he was talking about Sherry Bobbins):

"S'long, Superman!"

At least we can assume that's he's able to walk again where he is now.

scruffziller
10-11-2004, 03:31 PM
Man this was a shocker. It saddens me that we won't be able to see him on Smallville anymore.:cry:

James Boba Fettfield
10-11-2004, 04:48 PM
i heard on the news that the average life span for someone in his condition is to live 7 years after the individual becomes paralyzed. he lived nine years.
:cry:

I didn't know about the life expectancy being so short in this condition.

Nine years living this way; that's a tough man. Man of Steel on the inside, though.

Devo
10-11-2004, 04:58 PM
He was dealt a cruel blow back in '95 and now he's died too young at only 52. He was my mums age. Watching the Superman films was already a very surreal experience knowing that he could no longer walk or fully breath on his own but now it'll be even more poignant. His appearances in Smallville were 'events' for all fans of Superman and its a pity that this won't continue. Very sad indeed to hear about his death.

Slicker
10-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Q: What's better than Christopher Reeve?

A: Christopher Walken

I kid, I kid.

Kidhuman
10-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Q: What's better than Christopher Reeve?

A: Christopher Walken

I kid, I kid.

And I didnt want to seem out of place by saying He can Kneel Before God.