PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars toy commercials

buba-fatt
12-26-2001, 06:00 PM
Are original Star Wars toy commercials available on DvD or VHS anywhere? I used to have a homemade copy but accidentally taped over it.
"Taun Taun...Taun Taun"
"look both ways dewback"
Do you remember any others?

Sith Worm
12-26-2001, 06:52 PM
Taped over it. geez sounds like something A redneck would do!

e-mail me if you still have amanamanamanamnanananananmm, and Han

sithworm21@aol.com

JediCole
12-27-2001, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by buba-fatt
"Taun Taun...Taun Taun"
"look both ways dewback"
Do you remember any others?

I can't believe you forgot one of your personal favorites!

Jawa: Wanna buy a droid?
Luke: Sure, what have you got?

I do vividly remember "Taun Taun...Taun Taun" and "Look both ways, Dewback". However, I don't recall the dialogue from many others. I remember a commercial with the Landspeeder, and later with the Snowspeeder. I don't recall if there was much advertizing for the ROTJ line, however.

buba-fatt
12-28-2001, 05:49 PM
yes i have your little toy mans all ready for you. i dont, however, have all of the strawberry shortcake and carebear figures that you wanted. my sister didnt have a complete set i guess. did you need anything else little man? i also have a rare sean connery signed by roger moore for $150.

Magnolia-Fan
12-28-2001, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by buba-fatt
yes i have your little toy mans all ready for you. i dont, however, have all of the strawberry shortcake and carebear figures that you wanted. my sister didnt have a complete set i guess. did you need anything else little man? i also have a rare sean connery signed by roger moore for $150.

You sound like some kind of deranged toy-pimp! :rolleyes:

2-1B
12-29-2001, 12:18 AM
Wasn't there a commercial that chanted "Wampa!" several times? ? ?

buba-fatt
12-30-2001, 12:03 AM
that's the first time ive been called toy-pimp. i'm usually called "duffuss" or "dimwit". it's a nice change. it also goes good with this topic.
"wanna buy a droid?"
"sure, whatcha got..toy pimp?"
i need a life.

Brave Sir Robin
12-30-2001, 02:50 PM
Most commercials ironically showed excited tykes battling each other with their toys, and never overjoyed geeky twentysomethings finding a rare toy down at Wal Mart. :D

Sith Worm
01-01-2002, 09:12 PM
Toy pimp, do you have the rainbow bright toys i asked for i erased the the e-mail send me another one, one redneck mistake to another...

buba-fatt
01-03-2002, 10:13 AM
i aint gots no rainbow bright. you might see if jedi coleman would part with his personal collection. if he wont sell it, you might work a trade for your "my little pony" collection. i tried to trade my "pretty pink power princess of pluto" collection for it but he said he wouldnt unless i threw in the bubble castle with exclusive power princess powder pooch and im not parting with that. but, as far as the amanaman and solo go, we need to arrange a time to meet and since i have no life and therefore no schedual you tell me when and where.okidoki?

El Chuxter
01-07-2002, 01:55 PM
Are you all mad? Have you forgotten "Surprise, surprise! I'm Lando in disguise!" :D

And the one with the drink cup to "freeze" Han is classic, too.

Wampa, wampa, wampa!