PDA

View Full Version : Sly Moore

Darth Alex
10-12-2004, 04:26 PM
#3 for 05 is a winner to me.
The cloak comes off, the paint job is good, the arms have this unique ball joint thing going on, the head is on a blue ball-joint giving the sculpt a creepy look from the back, the gun stays in hand and Sly actually stands well.
Put a VOTC Vader lightsaber in her hand, put her near Ventress and Sing and you've got one cool combo.

Packaging- Nice job. Good background for you carded collectors. I like the TPM logo on the left side.

Overall look(figure)- great. Head can tilt slightly down like in the movie.

Head Sculpt- alot like Ventress, but it works for me. Good eye detail.

Pose- neutral.

Articulation- I actually like the elbow robe/ball joint thing going on. Not much else other than that head-ball joint.

Accessories- Cloak(very nice!) and gun.

Something extra?- the base common to all OTC figure.

When I review a figure, I basically use the Rolling Stone Record Scale- 0 to 5 stars, and if the figure is 5 stars and has been around a little, it's a Classic.

So...Sly Moore...I'd give her a 4 and 1/2 rating.
This is an excellent figure they could've crapd' out on....no legs, no articulation. This coul've been as very disappointing as some of the Geonosis War Room figs from recent times.
But...this is a solid figure with a great look and once the cloak is off, you can EU her with weapons all you want....sabers, lightening, force hand lift, etc.

I'm just shocked to see her SO SOON.

This is just proof that the SW toy hobby is in a kind of turmoil right now.
You read the posts, you buy the figs, you KNOW what I'm talking about.

This figure was $19.99 and I bought it from Bryan's toys.
I feel like an idiot paying the $20 bucks....but the feeling of having something that is way-off is priceless.
Now the feeling I'll get if these flood the market next month won't be so good, but since I still can't find about 8 of the 51 OTC/VOTC figures, I'm satisfied.
You'll be too, when you get this figure.

BTW- what do we call this line now? Star Wars(plain old)? Post OTC? Episode one 05 starfield? WHAT???

Sly Moore
#03 of 2005-post OTC basic line
****1/2 out of *****stars

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Why the hell would she have a TPM logo? Sea Tarea was in TPM, Sly Moore was in AOTC. Nice one Hasbro!

B'Omarr Monkey
10-13-2004, 12:53 AM
Well, I'm a bit jealous, especially since I haven't found 2/3 of the VOTC figures, or most of the OTC figures I want, but I'm not feeling $20 jealous. Thanks for the review.

plasticfetish
10-13-2004, 03:08 AM
Very nice. This is one that I'm really looking forward to.

Darth Alex
10-13-2004, 05:38 PM
Well, I'm a bit jealous, especially since I haven't found 2/3 of the VOTC figures, or most of the OTC figures I want, but I'm not feeling $20 jealous. Thanks for the review.
Don't be jealous; I didn't post the review to be cool or make people feel bad.
At this point I consider a fluke that these showed up THIS early, so for once I burnt the extra money. Now, I don't plan on making this a habit. But the point which is that the OTC in general is VERY POORLY SHIPPED can not be unlined any better than..."Hey, why are folks buying figures from the 2005 line when I can't even find ones that should've been out ON 9/21/04 IN DROVES".

I do hope that these are readily available soon and that the Ep3 Preview wave hits either 12/23 or 1/1. Come on, we all want a Grievous, Hasbro!

B'Omarr Monkey
10-13-2004, 08:25 PM
I didn't take your review to be a "nya-nya-nya, I've got one and you don't." My envy is simply, as you said, you've managed to get your hands on something new, and a new character which is even better, while I'm trudging through stores still hoping to find Bespin Leia, the Cloud Car Pilot, and any VOTC figures after the ANH wave, all of which are characters we've seen done to death, amking my hunt for them even less inspired. I'm really looking forward to any characters that haven't been done yet.

Darth Mina
10-13-2004, 10:49 PM
I agree This figure is the best looking figure of the new wave with the exeption (SP) of Pablo.
I got three of these figures and WOW all thre have a decent (almost good) face paint job and the articulation is really good, but the best is the way this figure looks in the OTC package, it really make sthis figure stand up from al those crapy looking Saga carded figures that I have in my garage