PDA

View Full Version : Sandtrooper to be part of the OTC line!

Turbowars
10-12-2004, 10:07 PM
Can't wait to see the back ground! Mina Solo gave us a heads up in the LA just found section that Entertainment Earth is pre selling Post OTC wave 2 that comes with the following:

2x Feltipern Trevagg
2x Myo
2x Dannik Jerriko
1x Stormtrooper (OTC #16)
1x Sandtrooper
1x Scout Trooper (OTC #11)
1x Han Solo
1x Chewbacca (OTC #8)
1x Yoda (OTC #2).

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85172C

Devo
10-13-2004, 03:31 PM
Sensible enough given the presence of the stormie and scout. I'm really eager for these troop builders given that I've managed to miss every other opportunity to get them. My imperial army consists of one commtech stormtrooper, about 5 crappy '95 stormies, 3 old speeder bike scouts and a few old sandtroopers. I really want the updates.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Including the sandtrooper's a good idea, but do we really need more of those Hans and Chewies? They don't exactly fly off the pegs! I was really hoping for some new figures.

Kidhuman
10-13-2004, 08:08 PM
They could of at least packed in some other figures besides Han and Chewy, but I guess it keeps in line with the "main characters" Hasbro keeps pumping out. The should of done all army builders in this case like Gam Guard, or even a Vader.

DarthChuckMc
10-14-2004, 04:18 PM
here ya go

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Interesting how none of these figures have the OTC logo anymore. I wonder if the other repacks will?

DarthQuack
10-14-2004, 04:34 PM
We just need a HUGE a** playset of Mos Eisley with the Cantina. Sorry, just really wanted to say that. lol

Kidhuman
10-14-2004, 07:50 PM
That is a pretty sweet cardback.

LTBasker
10-14-2004, 08:24 PM
Too bad they didn't paint the pauldron white or orange instead of just rehashing the POTJ scheme.

Reefer Shark
10-14-2004, 09:17 PM
That is a sweet cardback. Looks like turbo was right about the Dewbeck in the background. The only drawback I can see is that the binoculars are right in front of the Dewbeck.

Mabye they'll change this and we'll see a packaging variation down the line?

DarthChuckMc
10-14-2004, 09:20 PM
DAMMMMNNN Hasbro with the rehashes!!! I'm FINALLY getting tired of buying these.

POTF2 Commtech Han Solo
SAGA Han Solo: Flight to Alderaan
SAGA Hall of Fame: Han Solo
OTC Han Solo
and now
post-OTC Han Solo: Mos Eisley Escape

How many people have missed this figure by now???

Kidhuman
10-15-2004, 05:54 AM
Yu can never have too many stormies though.

Slicker
10-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Even if these figures were sucky the cardback would save the day every time for me. The sandtrooper is actually one of the few figures that Hasbro actually got right from the start although I like the pose of this one better than the POTF one. Now they just need to reissue Bouschh and Han Carbonite.

dindae
10-15-2004, 06:13 PM
DAMMMMNNN Hasbro with the rehashes!!! I'm FINALLY getting tired of buying these.

POTF2 Commtech Han Solo
SAGA Han Solo: Flight to Alderaan
SAGA Hall of Fame: Han Solo
OTC Han Solo
and now
post-OTC Han Solo: Mos Eisley Escape

How many people have missed this figure by now???

Violent ..... rage .... building! :mad:

Is it too hard for them to just keep the card the same! Was it that objectionable to pack some OTC figures in a post OTC case.

Turbowars
10-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Wow, that's what I wanted, thanks Hasbro! Love the blue sky. Now why would you change the inserts and remove the symbols? It it because you think I'm a card variant collector and I will buy them again? Well maybe a few.:frus:

mrpauldeeds
10-18-2004, 02:54 AM
Wow can you belive that, a Hoth escape Chewy with no sign of snow on him at all....at least make sommme effort to change the figure to match the description of the figure.

i like the vaders rehased card though.

but i for 1 am totally sick of rehased figures.:dead:

Slicker
10-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Wow can you belive that, a Hoth escape Chewy with no sign of snow on him at all....at least make sommme effort to change the figure to match the description of the figure.I didn't even notice that but it's kinda funny. Last I checked this figure was passing as the mechanic Chewie.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Well, by the time they were escaping, he didn't have any snow. Now, if this figure were called "Probe Droid Search" or something, then you'd have reason to complain. ;) :D

So the post-OTC figures are:
*Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Training)
*Darth Vader (Death Star Hangar)
*Han Solo (Mos Eisley Escape)
*Chewbacca (Hoth Escape)
*Yoda (Dagobah Training)
*Stormtrooper (Death Star Attack)
*Scout Trooper (Endor Raid)
*Sandtrooper (Tatooine Search)

Geez! The new POTC figures better not be hard to find due to all these.

Slicker
10-19-2004, 05:49 PM
They could've at least tried to humor me a little bit by putting some snow on him.

Why complain I'll buy it regardless.:)