PDA

View Full Version : The SW Film Trivia Game!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

El Chuxter
10-13-2004, 01:07 PM
There's only going to be a couple of ground rules here:

First, no questions regarding the Expanded Universe. Only the five (soon to be six) SW films. That said, they can be related to story, technical, character, video releases, etc.

Second, there will always be four questions in rotation. If you answer one, you post one to replace it. Answer two, provide two questions. Get the idea? :)

Third, if you answer a question and are proven that your answer was wrong, you must sing a Bad Song Lyric of Shame. We'll be on the honor system, so no need to actually post them. :)

Here's the first four questions:

1) What are the only song lyrics to be sung in English in the films?

2) Which Ewoks are named in Return of the Jedi?

3) What were the first changes Lucas made to Star Wars after the initial release?

4) "Spot the 1138!" Where is 1138 in ANH, ESB, and TPM? (And if you can find it in ROTJ or AOTC, by all means tell me! :D)

Have at you!

B'Omarr Monkey
10-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Off the top of my head, I can answer a couple of those.

2) No ewoks are named, nor is the word "ewok" even mentioned.

3) He changed the title to "Star Wars: episode IV - A New Hope" during the opening crawl

4) Maybe it's because I have a head cold, but I'm blanking on the 1138 appearances other than on the back of the battle droid at the end of the battle with the Gungans in TPM.

Exhaust Port
10-13-2004, 02:21 PM
In SW I believe 1138 is the call sign used by the inquiring DS officer over the intercom in the detention level before Han Solo blasts the radio. "It was a boring conversation anyway."

El Chuxter
10-13-2004, 02:55 PM
EP, you're very close on the 1138 in ANH. A few frames off, maybe. :D

B'omarr, you answered #2 correctly, so you owe us a question! (Or you can defer that right.)

There was one other change I was also thinking of for #3, so whoever can "buzz in" and answer that one gets a medal. . . or at least the privilege of asking the next question.

So the questions up for grabs are:

1) What are the only song lyrics to be sung in English in the films? (I feel that I should clarify that the "Uh oh!" at the end of "Jedi Rocks" isn't what I'm looking for.)

2) Whatever B'omarr Monkey wants #2 to be!

3) In addition to adding "Episode IV: A New Hope," what was the change Lucas made to Star Wars in its first re-release? (A little teeny clue in the way I re-worded that.)

4) "Spot the 1138!" Where is 1138 in ANH and ESB?

Exhaust Port
10-13-2004, 03:12 PM
EP, you're very close on the 1138 in ANH. A few frames off, maybe. :D

Oh wait, doesn't Luke say that Chewie is a prisoner transfer from Cell Block 1138 or something like that?

dr_evazan22
10-13-2004, 04:45 PM
That's right EP.

4. ANH - "... Cell block 1138."
ESB - I forget the exact wording, but it's on Hoth. Something like Echo Station 138. It's on the DVD commentary.
TPM - On the back of the droid, as previously mentioned.

And in AOTC they say that the little red dot on the back of the Clone helmet has the numerical designation on it. Using the naked eye, I'm pretty sure it's not even visible on an IMAX screen, so I guess we'll have to take their word there.

dr_evazan22
10-13-2004, 04:55 PM
Alright, you prompted me to get out the DVD. In ESB Gen Rieekan gives a direction to send [?] 10 and 11 to station 38.

If this is an acceptable answer, then I defer to the delegation from Naboo.

Rocketboy
10-13-2004, 05:10 PM
3) In addition to adding "Episode IV: A New Hope," what was the change Lucas made to Star Wars in its first re-release? (A little teeny clue in the way I re-worded that.)Beru's new voice and Chewie roaring at the mouse droid were both not on the original prints.[/quote]

Slicker
10-13-2004, 05:12 PM
4) "Spot the 1138!" Where is 1138 in ANH, ESB, and TPM? (And if you can find it in ROTJ or AOTC, by all means tell me! :D)If by English you mean an actual human language then the answer's are Qui-Gons funeral, Duel of the Fates, and if I'm not mistaken the new Ewok song

TPM: The back of the battledroid
ANH: "Prisoner transfer from cell block 1-1-3-8"
ESB: "Send rogues 10 and 11 to station 38"

Slicker
10-13-2004, 05:18 PM
El Chuxter I've got a question. When you say that they can't be regarding the EU does that mean nothing written about events after ROTJ or nothing pertaining to the films that wasn't mentioned in them specifically (i.e. what Gen. Veers first name is?)

In case you're wondering it's Maximillian.

El Chuxter
10-13-2004, 05:28 PM
Good point. I'd say as long as it pertains to the film in some way, and isn't something like "What was the son of Ulic Qel Darth Vos Sido named, and when did he find the Crystal of Shamalamadingdong?" then it should be okieday.

And by "English lyrics," I mean actual English, not another human language.

Slicker
10-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Thanks for clearing that up and since it's actual english I'm completely stumped.

Since noone else is giving questions here goes: Which Star Destroyer is seen chasing the Tantive IV in the beginning of ANH?

Rocketboy
10-13-2004, 05:50 PM
Thanks for clearing that up and since it's actual english I'm completely stumped.

Since noone else is giving questions here goes: Which Star Destroyer is seen chasing the Tantive IV in the beginning of ANH?
I'm stumped too in that case.

And I was waiting for confirmation from El Chuxter to see if I had the original changes question right before posting a question.

Darth Shifty
10-13-2004, 05:59 PM

Was it the Avenger?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-13-2004, 06:02 PM
For the song, I have no idea! Unless it's "oh-oh-oh" for the Emperor's Arrival/Theme, then I think everyone is stumped. Or else there aren't any, it's a trick question?

Though I haven't really answered a question: what is the name of Jabba's sail barge?

Exhaust Port
10-13-2004, 06:48 PM
And in AOTC they say that the little red dot on the back of the Clone helmet has the numerical designation on it. Using the naked eye, I'm pretty sure it's not even visible on an IMAX screen, so I guess we'll have to take their word there.

The 1138 in ATOC is seen when Padme falls from the gunship and rolls across the desert sand. The numbers are formed in the sand as she rolls across it.

El Chuxter
10-13-2004, 07:09 PM
I'm stumped too in that case.

And I was waiting for confirmation from El Chuxter to see if I had the original changes question right before posting a question.

Yeah, you was right! (And I wasn't even aware of the Chewie change.)

Just jump right in with a new question if you think you're right. Otherwise we could have to wait on someone to log back in to keep the ball rolling.

If no one answers the question about the English lyrics by tomorrow, I'll give everyone a hint. :D

tagmac
10-13-2004, 07:18 PM

The words sung during "Duel of the Fates" were not in English. The only English is at the end of the original Ewok song in ROTJ. Just as Luke sees the spirits, the song goes from "Yub Nub" to "Celebrate the dawn......celebrate the love.....celebrate the loooo...ooooooove."

tagmac
10-13-2004, 07:20 PM
My question is a two-parter. a.) In the Original Trilogy only, what is the very first line spoken, and by whom, and what is the last line spoken, and by whom? (song lyrics don't count).
b.) When watched in the proper order including the prequels, what is now the very first line, and who says it?

B'Omarr Monkey
10-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Here's my trivia question, which is also appropraite for the season.

Bob Burns is a well known collector of horror and science fiction memorabilia, who has worked in the entertainment industry for decades. He is also known for staging elaborate Halloween shows at his house which often adapt classic movies into short skits, such as "Alien," and the 1950s version of "The Thing." In one of these Halloween shows, a cantina character is featured very prominently.

a. Which cantina denizen was it?

b. What was the movie being adapted for the Halloween show, that it was used for?

B'Omarr Monkey
10-13-2004, 08:12 PM
My question is a two-parter. a.) In the Original Trilogy only, what is the very first line spoken, and by whom, and what is the last line spoken, and by whom? (song lyrics don't count).
b.) When watched in the proper order including the prequels, what is now the very first line, and who says it?

a. First - C-3PO: "Did you hear that? They've shut down the main reactor."

Last - Leia: "He's my brother."

b. Qui-Gon: "Captain, tell them we wish to board at once."

My apologies if these aren't exact. I'm trying to do this off the top of my head, without looking at the movies.

Rocketboy
10-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Yeah, you was right! (And I wasn't even aware of the Chewie change.
Neither was I until yesterday when I picked up the new Insider.

The head of what animal (of the Star Wars variety) is mounted on Jabba's wall?

tagmac
10-13-2004, 10:51 PM
The head of what animal (of the Star Wars variety) is mounted on Jabba's wall?

a Tauntaun

tagmac
10-13-2004, 11:02 PM
B'omarr was correct. Now for my next question:

How many male characters were actually portrayed by women, and which characters were they? (Ewoks & puppets don't count)

Exhaust Port
10-14-2004, 05:07 AM
Greedo was in a few shots when GL did some reshoots.

Kidhuman
10-14-2004, 06:59 AM
B'omarr was correct. Now for my next question:

How many male characters were actually portrayed by women, and which characters were they? (Ewoks & puppets don't count)

We all the the Emperor WAS one, but I dont know of any others right now.

tagmac
10-14-2004, 11:25 AM
You're half right, but there is another one.

El Chuxter
10-14-2004, 01:03 PM
Does Tey Hwo count, since his/her/its voice was portrayed by Lucas' daughter? Or is Tey Hwo female? Was this ever conclusively decided? :)

How about Wicket, whose voice was provided by an elderly Native American woman?

Here's the complete English lyrics sung at the end of "Ewok Celebration" (which are more easily heard on the film version found on Disc 4 of the soundtrack boxed set, as it eliminates a lot of the Ewok voice overdubbing):

"Celebrate the light -- freedom!
Celebrate the fight -- power!
Celebrate the might -- glory!
Celebrate the love
Celebrate the love
Celebrate the love
Celebrate the looooooooooooove"

It's not just wishful thinking on my part. Check the booklet with the boxed set to confirm it if you don't believe me.

B'Omarr Monkey
10-14-2004, 04:17 PM
I believe that at least one of the protocol droids was played by a woman (not just the TC-14 voice), which makes sense since you have to be pretty small to fit in those costumes.

I guess, that since I got the first/last lines question right I get to ask a new question. this one should be easier than my other one which i notice no one has taken a shot at answering yet. Here goes:

In AOTC, Obi-Wan Kenobi's battle with the Acklay is a tribute to what scene in what movie?

tagmac
10-14-2004, 04:56 PM
It's not TC-14, considering droids really aren't male or female. And Tey How I believe was considered female. I'm actually surprised no one's guessed this yet.

dr_evazan22
10-14-2004, 05:03 PM
The Tonnika Brothers? Again, I'll let someone else ask a question for me.

El Chuxter
10-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Okay, this is a complete shot in the dark, but is it a trick question with the answer being Boushh?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-14-2004, 05:54 PM
Somebody else already said it, but I wanted to make a few corrections.
First in ANH - C-3PO - "Did you hear that? They've shut down the main reactor."
Last in ROTJ (original edition) - Leia - "He's my brother."
Last in ROTJ (SE/DVD) - Coruscant citizen - "The son of the suns!!!" (thank god it's not "Weesa free!" :crazed: )
First in TPM - Qui-Gon - "Captain." (the "Tell them we wish to board at once" comes only after Madakor says "Sir?")

Also, I am so glad they changed the song for the SE . . . or are those the lyrics to the current one?

tagmac
10-14-2004, 08:03 PM
Okay, this is a complete shot in the dark, but is it a trick question with the answer being Boushh?

Nope. If no one gets it by tomorrow, I'll post the answer.

Kidhuman
10-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Yarael Poof is played by Michelle Taylor and on Red 6 the character is listed as a he.

tagmac
10-14-2004, 09:54 PM
I didn't know that, so I guess it means there were 3 characters. After the original ESB Emperor, there is still one major character I'm looking for. Whomever gets it can ask the next question.

Slicker
10-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Was it the Avenger?Sorry about taking so long but no it wasn't the Avenger. And for those of you that missed it the question was: Which Star Destroyer captured the Tantive IV?

JediTricks
10-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Devastator, right?

B'Omarr Monkey
10-16-2004, 01:11 AM
Somebody else already said it, but I wanted to make a few corrections.
First in ANH - C-3PO - "Did you hear that? They've shut down the main reactor."
Last in ROTJ (original edition) - Leia - "He's my brother."
Last in ROTJ (SE/DVD) - Coruscant citizen - "The son of the suns!!!" (thank god it's not "Weesa free!" :crazed: )
First in TPM - Qui-Gon - "Captain." (the "Tell them we wish to board at once" comes only after Madakor says "Sir?")

Also, I am so glad they changed the song for the SE . . . or are those the lyrics to the current one?

Thanks for the update, JJ. Off the top of my head, I wasn't exactly sure where the "Sir" came into it during the opening exchange from TPM, so I included the second line.

B'Omarr Monkey
10-16-2004, 01:16 AM
I didn't know that, so I guess it means there were 3 characters. After the original ESB Emperor, there is still one major character I'm looking for. Whomever gets it can ask the next question.

How major a character are we talking here? Even Piell was played by a woman, but I'd hardly call him a major character.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-16-2004, 10:09 AM
I guess, that since I got the first/last lines question right I get to ask a new question. this one should be easier than my other one which i notice no one has taken a shot at answering yet. Here goes:

In AOTC, Obi-Wan Kenobi's battle with the Acklay is a tribute to what scene in what movie?Can't leave a question unanswered. Was it Jason and the Argonauts with the fight against the skeleton warriors?

tagmac
10-16-2004, 01:46 PM
How major a character are we talking here? Even Piell was played by a woman, but I'd hardly call him a major character.

It's been a couple days, and since nobody got it, I'm gonna give the answer.

It was Greedo, played by Maria de Aragon

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-16-2004, 07:06 PM

I think somebody already said that. But while we're on the subject, wasn't he also played by a man sometimes? Or, maybe one of those people thinks they played Greedo but really played some regular old Rodian in Mos Eisley? Hmm?

Kidhuman
10-16-2004, 09:00 PM
Yes he was JabbaJohnL, he was played by 3 different people for various reasons that I dont know about.

Kidhuman
10-16-2004, 09:19 PM

Actually Greedo was played by Marie de Aragon. Possibly a french man? Dunno. BUt so could Yarael Poof

Slicker
10-17-2004, 03:43 PM
Devastator, right?You are correct sir.

During the original shooting of ANH Greedo was played by a man but in the pick up shots of the cantina Marie DeAragon (sp?) played him.

B'Omarr Monkey
10-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Bel-Cam Jos, you are in the right ballpark.

Greedo was palyed by a man during all of the cantina shots that involved the cantina as a whole, using the bar, etc., and possibly the same guy in the same costume as a different Rodian, for some of the exterior Mos Eisley shots. Maria de Aragon played Greedo in the shots where Greedo was talking to Han in the booth, though not necessarily all of them. This was because the main set was shot in England, and the various insert shots of the cantina patrons sitting around their tables were shot in California. This is why in the wide shots of teh Cantina you do not see the Cantina band or Momaw Nadon. They weren't there.

I believe at the time that Maria de Aragon was also GL's secretary.

Speaking of the Cantina, we still don't have any takers on my first question.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Bel-Cam Jos, you are in the right ballpark.

Speaking of the Cantina, we still don't have any takers on my first question.I think I have the right film, but was there a fight with giant crabs? Or some lizard? I thought it was the skeletons, but then the acklay would probably be more human. Am I right, B'OM?

And, what was your "first question?" I thought it was answered. I'm confuzzed... :confused:

JediTricks
10-17-2004, 11:25 PM
In Ray Harryhausen's "Mysterious Island", a guy fights a huge stop-motion crab monster by thrusting a spear upwards towards it, the Obi-Wan vs Acklay scene in AOTC is a direct homage to that, although I believe the angles are mirrored (Obi-Wan attacks the Acklay to the right of the screen while the guy fights the crab on the left of the screen).

"The 7th Voyage of Sinbad", has a scene that is paid homage in an OT Star Wars film. What is the film, and what is the scene?

Kidhuman
10-18-2004, 07:00 AM
ROTJ, at the Dune Sea, pit of Carkoon.

JediTricks
10-18-2004, 10:56 PM
ROTJ, at the Dune Sea, pit of Carkoon.
If that's to mine, no.

Kidhuman
10-18-2004, 10:57 PM
It was, just threw a wild guess out there. FIgured SInbad, water, why not the Dune sea.

tagmac
10-18-2004, 10:59 PM
"The 7th Voyage of Sinbad", has a scene that is paid homage in an OT Star Wars film. What is the film, and what is the scene?

Is it Luke and Leia's swing across the Death Star chasm?

Kidhuman
10-18-2004, 11:03 PM

That was my second guess.

JediTricks
10-18-2004, 11:10 PM
Yeah, that's it, good job.

Nice try KH. :D

Supposedly, there's a reference in AOTC as well, but I can't tell what it is.

Kidhuman
10-18-2004, 11:13 PM
Probably the Acklay battle, I seem to remember somehting like that in a SInbad movie somewhere, giant crab maybe

Rocketboy
10-18-2004, 11:23 PM
As far as I can tell, this is the only question still unanswered.

Bob Burns is a well known collector of horror and science fiction memorabilia, who has worked in the entertainment industry for decades. He is also known for staging elaborate Halloween shows at his house which often adapt classic movies into short skits, such as "Alien," and the 1950s version of "The Thing." In one of these Halloween shows, a cantina character is featured very prominently.

b. What was the movie being adapted for the Halloween show, that it was used for?

B'Omarr Monkey
10-18-2004, 11:26 PM
JediTricks is correct. The Acklay battle with Obi-Wan was a direct homage to the fight with the giant crab in "Mysterious Island." The angle is the same. The only thing that differed was that the crab was holding someone in its claw at the time. The Acklay was not.

As for my first question....

Rocketboy
10-18-2004, 11:32 PM
I'll toss one of my own in also.

Besides John Ratzenberger, what other semi-known actor had two very minor roles (as in background character) in The Empire Strikes Back?
And for bonus points, name the roles and/or characters.

Kidhuman
10-18-2004, 11:43 PM
One is Treat Williams who played a Bespin Guard

Jack Purvis played an Ugnaught

tagmac
10-19-2004, 12:06 AM
Since I guessed that last one correctly, here's my next question.

How many Star Wars actors appeared in Superman II? Name the actor, and their characters in both the SW saga and SII. Bonus - name the SW actor who appeared in the first Superman movie, but not the second.

tagmac
10-19-2004, 12:09 AM

It's probably not the "obvious" answer, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here:
a. Lav Sivrak
b. The Wolfman

Kidhuman
10-19-2004, 12:18 AM
One was Terrence STamp - he played Zod and Chancellor Vallorum

John Ratzenberger played a controller.....Rebel Ofiicer

John Hollis - Old man on Krypton and Lobot

Bonus.....
Norwich Duff played in Superman but not Superman 2. He played Trey Callum in ESB...rebel Officer

tagmac
10-19-2004, 12:33 AM
You got three for Superman II, but there's still 3 more.

As for the Bonus, I'll stand corrected on there being only one character in Superman 1. However, the guy I'm looking for played a bit larger role in the SW saga.

B'Omarr Monkey
10-19-2004, 03:55 PM
It's probably not the "obvious" answer, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here:
a. Lav Sivrak
b. The Wolfman

I'll give you half for that on part a. It was actually the other "wolfman" character in the cantina, the one that actually looks more like a bat (he has the glowing red eyes). I don't think he has a name. Rick Baker called it a "bat demon' mask, which he made for another movie, not SW, though it went unused. The charcter also incorporated the body suit from "Shlock!" with the hands from the baby from "It's Alive."

In related trivia, the Cantian Alien called "The Terminal Man" (The one with the grey face, more or less human in appearance, with all the veins sticking out on it started out as a Halloween mask that Rick Baker made for himself.There are some really good pictures of both these creations in Cinefex #16, which was the Rick Baker issue. If I can dig mine out, I'll scan and post them.

As for part b. -- The movie was not "The Wolf Man" though, nor is it any werewolf movie.

Rocketboy
10-19-2004, 05:15 PM
One is Treat Williams who played a Bespin Guard

Jack Purvis played an Ugnaught
Close enough. Treat Williams played 2 characters, a Bespin Guard and a Rebel on Hoth.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-19-2004, 06:28 PM
You got three for Superman II, but there's still 3 more.

As for the Bonus, I'll stand corrected on there being only one character in Superman 1. However, the guy I'm looking for played a bit larger role in the SW saga.
Was it Bruce Boa, aka General Carlist Rieekan?

BTW, the other wolfman's name is Arleil Schous.

Kidhuman
10-19-2004, 09:10 PM
Close enough. Treat Williams played 2 characters, a Bespin Guard and a Rebel on Hoth.

Since I was close enough, I guess I will hazard a question. :beard:

What three languages were used to make the Ewok language?

tagmac
10-19-2004, 11:18 PM
Actually, the guy I had been thinking of was none other than Phil Brown (Uncle Owen), who appeared briefly in the control room when Lex Luthor launches the first missle.

Still no one got the rest of the answer for Superman 2 yet.

El Chuxter
10-20-2004, 12:55 PM
There were three? I know there was a nearly-extinct offshoot of either Thai or Vietnamese that composes the bulk of the languages, and I'd guess a Native American language of some sort, but I'm confused as to a third.

Unless "That guy's wise" and "As I am short" are really in English. :p

B'Omarr Monkey
10-20-2004, 04:16 PM
BTW, the other wolfman's name is Arleil Schous.

Thanks for the info, JabbaJohn.

Kidhuman
10-20-2004, 08:56 PM
There were three? I know there was a nearly-extinct offshoot of either Thai or Vietnamese that composes the bulk of the languages, and I'd guess a Native American language of some sort, but I'm confused as to a third.

Unless "That guy's wise" and "As I am short" are really in English. :p

You are in the right area of the world, but none of those are correct.

El Chuxter
10-22-2004, 01:01 PM
Howsabout. . . Tibetan, Kalmuck, and Lakota. :) Yeah, I looked it up, but can you tell me you didn't? :p

I'm working on a follow-up question as we speak. . . .

Kidhuman
10-22-2004, 08:19 PM
A language created by altering and layering Tibetan, Mongolian, and Nepali languages

That is from where I looked it up at. Link below, hidden by the goatee. WHere did you find yours?

:beard: (http://hem.passagen.se/filmljud/starwars.htm)

El Chuxter
10-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide: Beeps, Bleats, Boskas, and Other Common Intergalactic Verbiage (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0345440749/qid=1098493909/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-6171296-5663900?v=glance&s=books), by Ben Burtt. The first part (the dictionary) is humorous, so it's not entirely scary Trekkie-type stuff, and it has cool cartoons by Sergio Aragones. But the second part, a lengthy essay by Burtt about how he came up with the languages, is worth the price alone.

Here's a two-part question about SW's influence in pop culture:

First, identify the Star Wars reference(s) in each of Kevin Smith's films (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, and Jersey Girl). Second, what number pops up 1138-style in most of Smith's movies?

Kidhuman
10-23-2004, 01:01 AM
OK, clerks is with out a doubt the Second DS and the independent contractors.

Gotta think of the rest.

Rocketboy
10-23-2004, 02:28 AM
Clerks - The Death Star conversation.
Mallrats - Silent Bob attempting the Jedi Mind Trick throughout the movie.
Chasing Amy - Hooper's rant about the blatant racism in Star Wars ("F**k Lando Calrissian!")
Dogma - Jay comparing himself, Bethany and Bob in the diner to the cantina scene.
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back - Mark Hamil (and the bong/lightsaber duel) and Carrie Fisher, "Someone with the 'net handle of 'Wampa1'," "The worst idea since Greedo shooting first," Jay's story about Dante and Randal's Stormtrooper wedding, The opening nod to "A Long Time Ago...," and the title itself.
Jersey Girl - Gertie tells Ollie "Punch it Chewie!" when she gets in the street sweeper.
Clerks Uncensored (AKA The Animated Series) - Mulptiple references in every episode, but 2 great ones were: their black friend Lando that appears randomly and dispenses advice, and the ghosts of Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Yoda ignoring the ghost of Charles Barkley ("That's cold Obi-Wan").

Slicker
10-23-2004, 02:21 PM
I'm gonna venture a guess that the number that comes up 1138 style is the number 37 but I'm not quite sure.

Rocketboy
10-24-2004, 02:06 AM
I'm gonna venture a guess that the number that comes up 1138 style is the number 37 but I'm not quite sure.
Yes it is. Forgot to mention that one.

Slicker
12-06-2004, 11:06 PM
This was a fun thread and I'm gonna try and get it going again. Same rules apply you answer one you create one.

1. What is the name of the Cantina that Luke, Ben, and the droids go into?

2. What does Han lovingly call 3PO when they're making the mad dash to the Falcon trying to get out of Echo Base?

3. What part(s) of the body get cut off in each of the 5 movies? A sick obsession of Lucas' I think.

JediTricks
12-07-2004, 10:11 PM
1) Chalmun's
2) "Goldenrod"
3) part of the arm (Ponda's upper arm in ANH, Luke's hand in ESB, Vader's hand in ROTJ, Battle Droids in TPM, Zam & Anakin's arm in AOTC)

Slicker
12-07-2004, 10:22 PM
To easy. I couldn't get too tough without going into the EU. It's your turn to bring the pain JT.

Rocketboy
12-07-2004, 10:40 PM
To easy. I couldn't get too tough without going into the EU. It's your turn to bring the pain JT.Not so fast there...
The Battle Droids in TPM?
No no no...it was Maul's torso.

Kidhuman
12-08-2004, 12:10 AM
Also in ESB 3PO gets every limb dismantled. Not exactly the typical body part, but his body part none the less. TPM is also Qui-Gons guts. :D :beard:

Rocketboy
12-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Threepio gets jacked up in every movie. I think Lucas hates him.
TPM - No skin (or eye at one point)
AOTC - Head lobbed off (and the whole factory thing)
ANH - Arm falls off
EBS - Blasted apart
ROTJ - Eye chewed out

JediTricks
12-09-2004, 10:50 PM
I took the question to mean what specific body part whose removal was in all 5 films, I struggled for a few minutes to come up with that TPM one because it's the only film without an arm-chopping so far.

So anyway, this one will probably be too easy, but...

What piece of music is played as Obi-Wan is struck down in ANH?

Slicker
12-10-2004, 02:12 AM
Sorry about the confusion but it was meant as just a general what part(s) get lopped off or cleaved nicely in two.

El Chuxter
12-10-2004, 12:53 PM
It's called "Ben Kenobi's Death," but it's actually a dramatic rendition of Leia's theme.

Name the two major characters from the OT who do not have musical themes. (Extra credit if you name a third who shares theme music with another major character.)

Kidhuman
12-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Chewie and Lando

R2 and 3PO most likely share one

BTW I just guessed at these.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Name the two major characters from the OT who do not have musical themes. (Extra credit if you name a third who shares theme music with another major character.)
Well, maybe a list of who does have a theme might help.
Ben? Yes. "Force Theme" (?)
Vader? Yes. "Imperial March"
Luke? Yes. "Force Theme" (?)
Leia? Yes. "Love Theme" (?)
Yoda? Yes. "Yoda's Theme"
Jabba? Yes. Uh... "Jabba's Theme" (?)
Fett? Yes. "Boba Fett's Theme" (?)
Jawas? Yes. "The Little People Work"
Han? Not sure.
Lando? I thought so. "City in the Clouds" (?)
Chewie? Not sure.
R2? Not sure.
Threepio? Not sure.
Emperor? Yes. Uh... "Emperor's Theme" (?)
Teek? Hmm... :rolleyes: "Little Red Corvette" (?) "I Can't Drive 55" (?) "Runnin' With the Devil" (?) :p

As for the ones who share one, I'd go with Han and Leia.

tagmac
12-14-2004, 02:16 PM
I would have to agree with Han and Chewie. And the Droids definitely share a theme. However, couldn't you also add Wedge to the list of major character's without a theme?

JediTricks
12-14-2004, 08:50 PM
Wedge is not cinematically a major character, so I don't think that'd count.

BTW, I forgot to congratulate Chux on his correct answer.

El Chuxter
12-15-2004, 12:59 PM
And I forgot to congratulate KH and Bel-Cam. Lando and Chewie were the two major ones. And for the shared theme, I was going for Han & Leia, but forgot that R2 & 3PO would be a correct answer, too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-15-2004, 06:13 PM
And I forgot to congratulate KH and Bel-Cam. Lando and Chewie were the two major ones. And for the shared theme, I was going for Han & Leia, but forgot that R2 & 3PO would be a correct answer, too.
Well, Leia has her own theme, the incredibly creatively-titled "Princess Leia's Theme." However she does also share "Han Solo and the Princess" with, obviously, Han Solo.

Weird how several of the themes also apply to other characters, though. Like when a souped-up version of Princess Leia's Theme is playing when Ben dies, and Han Solo and the Princess when Luke and Leia are standing on the frigate in ESB.

Come on, more questions!

Kidhuman
12-15-2004, 09:07 PM

Yay Me!!! Yay BCJ!!!!

Now we must unite to come up with a killer question.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-16-2004, 07:16 PM
I could be wrong with this, and there's a chance that the query's been asked previously, but oh well.

By my count, there are six planets/moons (not space stations) visited in the OT. Name them.
By my count, there are six systems/planets/moons only mentioned by name in the OT. Name them.

El Chuxter
12-16-2004, 07:25 PM
1. Tatooine
2. Yavin IV
3. Hoth
4. Bespin
5. Endor (Sanctuary Moon)
6. uh, are you counting Alderaan as "visited"?

1. Kessel
2. Dantooine
3. Ord Mantell
4. Anoat
5. Sullust
6. Tanaab

Slicker
12-16-2004, 08:02 PM
I'll help you out with this one and say Dagobah.

Kidhuman
12-16-2004, 09:35 PM
1. Tatooine
2. Yavin IV
3. Hoth
4. Bespin
5. Endor (Sanctuary Moon)
6. uh, are you counting Alderaan as "visited"?

1. Kessel
2. Dantooine
3. Ord Mantell
4. Anoat
5. Sullust
6. Tanaab

Ok, I will agree and say Dagobah was visited. That means Alderaan makes one count 7. I cant say it was visited since it got blown up and no one was ever on it.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-17-2004, 08:49 AM
Ok, I will agree and say Dagobah was visited. That means Alderaan makes one count 7. I cant say it was visited since it got blown up and no one was ever on it.That's why I stated "by my count." I realized that I missed Tanaab, so the "mentioned by name" group should be 7. Good job, all!

Next!

El Chuxter
12-17-2004, 12:57 PM
I missed Dagobah? I need to come up with an adequately bad song lyric of shame for that one. :(

Kidhuman
12-17-2004, 03:06 PM
I missed Dagobah? I need to come up with an adequately bad song lyric of shame for that one. :(

The return of BSLOS....I love it.

Kidhuman
12-17-2004, 03:10 PM
OK, I got mine now...

What is the Sandtroopers name that found a piece of R2-D2 near the escape pod? What number was he assigned?

Slicker
12-17-2004, 04:00 PM
I know for sure that his name was Davin Felth and I believe his number was 1023.

Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina has a great story about him.

Kidhuman
12-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Very Good SLicker.

El Chuxter
12-17-2004, 05:18 PM
What two cantina patrons had parts of their costumes recycled into a single character in ESB or ROTJ, and which character was it?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-17-2004, 06:26 PM
What two cantina patrons had parts of their costumes recycled into a single character in ESB or ROTJ, and which character was it?
Bo'Shek's suit and a Saurin's mask were made into Bossk.

Is that right?

Oh, by the way, if you're going by the DVD versions, there are some planets you forgot. Naboo and Coruscant are visited during the Ewok celebration.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Oh, by the way, if you're going by the DVD versions, there are some planets you forgot. Naboo and Coruscant are visited during the Ewok celebration.Not to open a can of space slugs, but I believe I said in the OT, not any ones that were changed, but the O-ridge-en-ull ones. :p

El Chuxter
12-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Yup, that's what I was looking for. Next question? :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-18-2004, 12:20 PM
Hmm . . . I've used this one before but, what is the name of Jabba's sail barge? (is this too EU?)

Bel-Cam Jos
12-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Hmm . . . I've used this one before but, what is the name of Jabba's sail barge? (is this too EU?)Slimed Lightning?
K.I.T.T. (Klaatu Is the Transport's Technician)?
The General Twi'lek?
I forget the answer to this one.

I'd go with too EU, Mr. JJL. :rolleyes:

Slicker
12-20-2004, 01:21 PM
The name of it is something like Khettana or something. It's supposed to sound like Katana like the sword.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-20-2004, 05:38 PM
The name of it is something like Khettana or something. It's supposed to sound like Katana like the sword.
That is correct!

Bel-Cam, several of the other questions have been EU as well (Davin Felth, for instance). I just figured since the ship was in ROTJ, it was fair game.

Slicker
12-20-2004, 06:12 PM
I've thought of 2 questions.

1) What is the name of Capt. Needa's Star Destroyer?

2) Who is the Archduke of Geonosis?

Bel-Cam Jos
12-20-2004, 06:28 PM
I've thought of 2 questions.

1) What is the name of Capt. Needa's Star Destroyer?

2) Who is the Archduke of Geonosis?
1) Is it the Avenger?
2) Is that Poggle the Lesser? Or the Greater? :confused:

BTW, Mr. JJL, I only said it was "too EU" because I didn't know the answer. Feel free to add all the EU all you want! ;)

Slicker
12-20-2004, 06:40 PM
You are correct sir.
Now it's your turn to step up to the plate.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-21-2004, 11:09 AM
Here goes.
In The Empire Strikes Back, there are 20 characters who are mentioned by name. Name them. Note: titles without names, call signs, troop group names (i.e. stormtroopers), and generic descriptions do not count.

I'm pretty sure the number is correct; I double-checked using the script to be sure.

Slicker
12-21-2004, 12:09 PM
Here goes:
Han
Luke
Leia
Chewie
Vader
Lando
Wedge
Veers
Piett
Needa
Ozzel
Rieekan (sp?)
Emperor
Jansen
Dak
3PO
R2
Yoda
Ben Anakin

I did this all from memory to and the one that I'm shaky on is the Emperor. I don't know if that counts as a name or a title.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Here goes:
Han
Luke
Leia
Chewie
Vader
Lando
Wedge
Veers
Piett
Needa
Ozzel
Rieekan (sp?)
Emperor
Jansen
Dak
3PO
R2
Yoda
Ben
Anakin

I did this all from memory to and the one that I'm shaky on is the Emperor. I don't know if that counts as a name or a title."Palpatine" would be his name, "The Emperor" is a title, so no, he's out. You're close, Slicker; you have 18/20 right (2 you mentioned aren't included).

El Chuxter
12-21-2004, 03:26 PM
Hobbie is also mentioned. I'm racking my brain for the other. I don't think it's Zev or Derlin, is it?

Anakin is never mentioned by name in ESB. I'm not entirely sure who the other on this end of the equation is, either.

Slicker
12-21-2004, 03:44 PM
If you go by the new dialog Anakin's name is mentioned in the DVD's. The Emperor says something along the lines of "I have no doubts he is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker". And I did miss Hobbie. Thanks for the help now to figure out who the other is.

El Chuxter
12-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Oh, uh, yeah. Forgot about that ill-advised change. I stand by my statement: Anakin is not named in ESB. :p

Slicker
12-21-2004, 03:57 PM
Oh, uh, yeah. Forgot about that ill-advised change. I stand by my statement: Anakin is not named in ESB. :p ZING!!!!
I'm assuming that he may have forgotten about that too. Because I can think of the line with all of those names in it. Unless I'm thinking of one of the other movies.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-21-2004, 04:06 PM
So, we have correctly taken the Emperor and Anakin off the list. Hobbie is one of the two correct replacements. But who's #20? Who? WHO?!? :confused:

P.S. Who?!?! :D
P.P.S. I guess I'll have to include the disclaimer "in the pre-DVD version" before any future questions. :mad:

Slicker
12-21-2004, 04:08 PM
Hot damn!! It just hit me: Jabba the Hutt. Ding, ding, ding. We have a winnah!!!! 3 cheers for Slicker. Hip, hip, hip hooray!!!!!!

That was a really great question BCJ.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-21-2004, 07:13 PM
So, we have correctly taken the Emperor and Anakin off the list. Hobbie is one of the two correct replacements. But who's #20? Who? WHO?!? :confused:

P.S. Who?!?! :D
P.P.S. I guess I'll have to include the disclaimer "in the pre-DVD version" before any future questions. :mad:
Wouldn't Anakin technically count, as in the old one (and DVD) they say, "The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi?" Or is that too vague?

Bel-Cam Jos
12-21-2004, 07:42 PM
Wouldn't Anakin technically count, as in the old one (and DVD) they say, "The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi?" Or is that too vague?

Originally Posted by moi:
Note: titles without names, call signs, troop group names (i.e. stormtroopers), and generic descriptions do not count.
I considered that one a title or a generic description; that's why I double-checked the script since I wasn't sure if they actually said "Anakin."

You're welcome, and congrats, Slicker! Eagerly awaiting your question.

Slicker
12-21-2004, 09:02 PM
What does Yoda wear around his neck?

I won't be around to verify the answer but that shouldn't be necessary with this crowd.:D

Rocketboy
12-21-2004, 09:36 PM
What does Yoda wear around his neck?Bling?
:D

(Actually, I can't think of what it's called.)

JediTricks
12-21-2004, 10:20 PM
What does Yoda wear around his neck?

I won't be around to verify the answer but that shouldn't be necessary with this crowd.:D
It's a blissl flute.

How many questions does Vader ask in each of the original versions of the OT?

Kidhuman
12-21-2004, 10:24 PM
picking a number out of the air I will say 1138(not seriously)

I think its 13 personally.

JediTricks
12-21-2004, 11:52 PM
Nope, not 13. Also, in this trivia, you have to give the number of questions for EACH film.

Kidhuman
12-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Just went through the online scripts(I know I cheated, buit I was bored)

ANH - 6
ESB - 6
ROTJ - 5(plus one that could be construed as a question but did not have a question mark)

So 17 total with question marks and 1 that didnt.....

Bel-Cam Jos
12-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Well, from MEMORY, I'll try to list the questions.

SW
"Did you find any droids?"
"If this is a counsular ship, then where is the ambassador?"
"Wha-?!?"

ESB
"You found something?"
"Is he alive?"
"What is thy bidding, my master?"
"Perhaps you feel you're being treated unfairly?"

ROJ
"What of the reports of the Rebels massing near Sullust?"
"Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?"

This is a tough one (Unless kidhuman's answers were right).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-22-2004, 04:27 PM
A total of 18, with a list here:

A New Hope - 6
Where are those transmissions you intercepted?
What have you done with those plans?
If this is a consular ship...were is the Ambassador?
What do you mean?
Did you find any droids?
What?

The Empire Strikes Back - 7
You found something?
What is it, General?
Yes, Admiral?
Yes, Admiral, what is it?
What is thy bidding, my master?
Well, Calrissian, did he survive?
Did your men deactivate the hyperdrive on the Millennium Falcon?

Return of the Jedi - 5
What is thy bidding, my Master?
What of the reports of the Rebel fleet massing near Sullust?
Where is that shuttle going?
Do they have a code clearance?
He will come to me?

And if you go by the DVDs, bump that number up one for "How is that possible?" But then again, every time I mention the DVDs, people get angry. ;)

JediTricks
12-22-2004, 08:15 PM
ANH - 6
ESB - 6
ROTJ - 5(plus one that could be construed as a question but did not have a question mark)

So 17 total with question marks and 1 that didnt..... Close, but not correct actually.

BCJ, interesting last one, I don't think Vader ever did make it to Sesame Street, poor bastar... anyway, there is no "is he alive" line, though I'm fairly sure you're thinking of a line that sounds very similar.

And if you go by the DVDs, bump that number up one for "How is that possible?" But then again, every time I mention the DVDs, people get angry. I specifically framed the question to avoid mention of those wretched DVD versions by saying "How many questions does Vader ask in each of the original versions of the OT?"

A total of 18
A New Hope - 6
The Empire Strikes Back - 7
Return of the Jedi - 5
So close, but not quite correct, and I'm so tempted to show which one, but someone's gonna get it any time now.

If this is a consular ship...were is the Ambassador? When you post the lines, you should probably double-check the spelling beforehand -- I noticed that elipses with no space and "where" spelled wrong in the internet version of the script last night. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-22-2004, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I knew you said that about the DVD, I just wanted to throw that out there.

Oops! I just copied the lines from the script on blueharvest.net, I didn't catch the misspelling.

Can you at least give us a hint and say which film it's from? Or is one from my list just plain wrong and not even count as a true question?

Rocketboy
12-22-2004, 09:42 PM
There are actually 2 more:
"What? You went over my helmet?"

Oh wait...

:D

JediTricks
12-22-2004, 09:58 PM
I'll give a hint but will try (and probably fail) to be cryptic: the posts on this question all have different answers....

Rocketboy
12-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Although the script doesn't pose it as a question I always thought this one was:

VADER: Perhaps you think you're being treated unfairly.
Did you consider that a question?

Kidhuman
12-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Although the script doesn't pose it as a question I always thought this one was:

Did you consider that a question?

Thats what I was talking about, punctuation in the scripts is off.

Rocketboy
12-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Since it looks like he got all but 1 of them, I'll hand off the next question to Mr. JabbaJohnL...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-23-2004, 10:58 AM
Since it looks like he got all but 1 of them, I'll hand off the next question to Mr. JabbaJohnL...
Really? Is that right, JT?

I'll just go with another script-related question. In the ANH script, there is a line that has to do with Earth religion, and would go against the Force and what is believed in the SW universe. What is it, and who said it?

Hint: the religion-related part's not in the actual film, though the rest of the line is.

Kidhuman
12-23-2004, 12:45 PM
VADER: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've
constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to
the power of the Force.

MOTTI: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader.
Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure
up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the
Rebel's hidden fort...

Is that it?

El Chuxter
12-23-2004, 03:03 PM
"There'll be hell to pay"?

Mandalorian Candidat
12-23-2004, 05:37 PM
"So, you have a twin sister? Damn, my boys can swim!" ;)

tagmac
12-24-2004, 12:47 AM
I'm gonna guess that the missing line is from ANH: "I want to know, what happened to the plans they sent you?!"

Bel-Cam Jos
12-24-2004, 10:13 AM
I'll just go with another script-related question. In the ANH script, there is a line that has to do with Earth religion, and would go against the Force and what is believed in the SW universe. What is it, and who said it?

Hint: the religion-related part's not in the actual film, though the rest of the line is.From Mr. JJL's question, I'd say the guesses so far are off. He said that the "religion-related part" isn't in the film, but the "rest of the line is." Which means that it's a non-religion line, as spoken in ANH.

I'd guess that maybe something Obi-Wan says, or... wait! I've got it! You know that part in the film in the Death Star meeting room where Vader points at Tarkin but says nothing? There it is. And here it is:

'"The Force is only in machines, you realize," states Vader to Tarkin.'

Ta da! :p

(Seriously, I have no idea, without checking a script)

JediTricks
12-24-2004, 02:54 PM

VADER: Perhaps you think you're being treated unfairly. Did you consider that a question?That's the one. In the film, JEJ reads it like a question, with his voice going up.

Thats what I was talking about, punctuation in the scripts is off. Yeah, but you attributed it to ROTJ, and even taking it into account you were still 1 shy. :D However, your post plus BCJ's post was what my "clue" was referring to, so good job.

Really? Is that right, JT?

Hint: the religion-related part's not in the actual film, though the rest of the line is. Yup, that was the missing one.

I can't believe how far off the rest of you guys are on John's question, the answer is in this passage:

BEN: That's your uncle talking.

LUKE: (sighing) Oh, God, my uncle. How am I ever going to explain this?

BEN: Learn about the Force, Luke.

---

Here's a softball question:

What are the only 2 Rebel ships ever mentioned by specific classification designation in the OT, and where in the films are they mentioned? (Clarifying: not by name like "Tantive IV" or "Home 1", but by designation like "Rebel Blockade Runner" or "T-16")

dr_evazan22
12-24-2004, 05:31 PM
How about T-47 (as in they're having problems adjusting them to the cold) and the medical frigate?

tagmac
12-26-2004, 12:25 AM
The Medical Frigate and the Transports.

Rocketboy
12-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Medical frigate and X-Wings.

Kidhuman
12-26-2004, 03:21 PM
I dont think the medical frigate was ever called that in the movie, just the rendevouz point. And I might be wrong, but it wasnt a ship strictly for medical purposes, so that wasnt called the Medical Frigate.

dr_evazan22
12-26-2004, 07:20 PM
WEDGE

Cut to the left! I'll take the leader!
They're heading for the medical frigate.

LANDO
Only the fighters are attacking. I wonder
what those Star Destroyers are waiting for.

The SD's were also mentioned, this wasn't the first instance though.

Kidhuman
12-26-2004, 09:23 PM
I was thinking end of ESB. Forgot about that.

Rocketboy
12-26-2004, 11:15 PM
LANDO
Only the fighters are attacking. I wonder
what those Star Destroyers are waiting for.True but the question was about the Rebel ships, not the Empire.

tagmac
12-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Besides which, the Star Destroyers would have been the wrong answer anyway.

Officer: "Sir, we have a priority signal from the Star Destroyer Avenger"
Piett: "Right."

JediTricks
12-27-2004, 10:31 PM
How about T-47 (as in they're having problems adjusting them to the cold) and the medical frigate?That's one of 'em, the reference to the Snowspeeders.

The SD's were also mentioned, this wasn't the first instance though. I didn't realize the Rebels had Star Destroyers. ;)

Ok, I felt "medical frigate" wasn't specific enough of a classification designation to count, I gave this a lot of thought when I wrote the question and went back and forth on whether to count it, ultimately putting "specific classification designation" to counter the inherent vagueness the question would have had without it (otherwise "transport", another answer given here, or even "stolen Imperial shuttle" might also have counted). This is also why I put examples in there. The question seems to have been more confusing than I hoped though, so if nobody gets the answer by tomorrow, I'll just say it and you can all tell me why I'm wrong for counting it that way. ;)

JediTricks
12-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Well, since I've clearly killed this thread yet again, the other answer is "X-wing class", as in the line, "Lord Vader, ship approaching, X-wing class" from ESB.

Here's probably another hard one: Peter Cushing - who is known to us as Grand Moff Tarkin - starred with Christopher Lee - known to us as Count Dooku - in a number of Hammer Films flicks from England. In many, Cushing and Lee are enemies, but in one of them, Cushing's character is working throughout the film to save Lee's character's life. What film is it?

Here's a hopefully less difficult one: At an earlier point in ANH's development, the concept of Cloud City played what role in the film?

dr_evazan22
12-28-2004, 11:49 PM
My bad... I totally missed the part where you said Rebel ship.

D'Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocketboy
12-29-2004, 12:41 AM
Well, since I've clearly killed this thread yet again, the other answer is "X-wing class", as in the line, "Lord Vader, ship approaching, X-wing class" from ESB.I said X-Wings the other day.

JediTricks
12-29-2004, 04:10 AM
My bad... I totally missed the part where you said Rebel ship.

D'Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yeah, that was the key, though the name didn't have to be uttered BY a Rebel. ;)

I said X-Wings the other day. But your answer was "Medical frigate and X-Wings", and you didn't say where it was mentioned. Truth be told though, I think I simply missed your post.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-29-2004, 10:22 AM
Here's probably another hard one: Peter Cushing - who is known to us as Grand Moff Tarkin - starred with Christopher Lee - known to us as Count Dooku - in a number of Hammer Films flicks from England. In many, Cushing and Lee are enemies, but in one of them, Cushing's character is working throughout the film to save Lee's character's life. What film is it?

Here's a hopefully less difficult one: At an earlier point in ANH's development, the concept of Cloud City played what role in the film?
#1 - Saving Private Chris? I have no idea...
#2 - Like the Death Star space station, maybe?

Rocketboy
12-29-2004, 11:38 AM
But your answer was "Medical frigate and X-Wings", and you didn't say where it was mentioned. Truth be told though, I think I simply missed your post.You are correct sir. I totally missed the where are they mentioned part. Oops.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-30-2004, 05:55 PM
I've been gone for over a week, and just wanted to confirm that JT's answer is correct.

I have no idea on the current questions, though.

Kidhuman
12-30-2004, 06:24 PM

Scream and Scream again or Noting but the Night?

JediTricks
12-31-2004, 01:53 AM
#2 - Like the Death Star space station, maybe?I'm going to say "no" to that even though in the broadest sense it's sorta not wrong. I'm going to leave this one open till I next log in (probably Sunday, by then I'm sure someone will have gotten it, and even if not, another question should be thrown into the mix to keep things fun anyway).

KH, "Nothing but the Night" is not a Hammer Film, it in fact was done by Lee's production company. "Scream and Scream Again" is also not a Hammer Film. I guess I'll just spill the beans on this one now, the movie was "The Hound of the Baskervilles", with Cushing playing Sherlock Holmes trying to save Lee as Sir Henry, the newest (and last) heir to the Baskerville estate... and it's curse! The movie was not the standard horror fare from Hammer Films and unfortunately audiences didn't care for that which killed the Holmes franchise for Cushing that they were trying for.

JediTricks
01-01-2005, 08:48 PM
Ok, well it was sorta the role of the Death Star, it was the "hidden fortress" in the clouds that was the prison where the princess was to have been rescued from.

I'm running low on trivia, anybody got anything new?

Kidhuman
01-01-2005, 10:48 PM
In what country is the remains of the Tatooine set fro mANH still there?

evenflow
01-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Isnt it Tunisia?

JediTricks
01-02-2005, 03:14 AM
Supposedly, there are even a few krayt dragon bones to be found out there still, though most have been picked clean.

Kidhuman
01-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Yes, you are up next.

dr_evazan22
01-02-2005, 09:07 PM
I've got one for ya...

IG-88. He, or some of his parts, have been in 3 scenes. Name them.

Kidhuman
01-02-2005, 09:21 PM
He was in the Bespin Junk Piles while looking for 3PO
the Executor
and dont know the 3rd.

dr_evazan22
01-02-2005, 09:26 PM
OK, that's 2 of 3. Keep 'em coming.

DarthQuack
01-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Anywhere in Jabba's Palace?

Rocketboy
01-03-2005, 12:56 AM
Weren't parts of IG-88 originally used in the cantina (on the bar somewhere)?

dr_evazan22
01-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Ding! Ding! Ding! That was the third one.

Alright. I have another. What is Burl Ives connection to SW?

Kidhuman
01-03-2005, 09:55 AM
He had something to do with the Christmas Album put out years ago I believe.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Ding! Ding! Ding! That was the third one.

Alright. I have another. What is Burl Ives connection to SW?
He sings Christmas carols in a snowman outfit on Hoth. :D

JediTricks
01-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Weren't parts of IG-88 originally used in the cantina (on the bar somewhere)?
IG-88's head is one of the oddball items that make up the crazy bar contraptions behind Wuher, there are actually several similarly-shaped items to 88's head, but one that clearly is the exact same piece.

Burl Ives was the narrator for The Ewok Adventure TV movie.

Ok, I don't know if it's my turn, but if I don't use this one now, I'll forget it...

Darth Vader utters the same exact line in the 2 of the 3 films of the OT, what is this line?

Slicker
01-03-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm gonna venture a guess and say "What is thy bidding, my Master". I don't recall him saying it in Jedi but it's been awhile since I've watched it.

Kidhuman
01-03-2005, 09:29 PM
I believe you got it Slicker. HE says it when he goes to the Emperor in his throne room in ROTJ.

dr_evazan22
01-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Good one JT! I just learned that this morning.

Slicker
01-03-2005, 11:09 PM
I'll have to get back to ya with a question when I can think up a suitable one. If anyone wants to take my turn feel free.:D

Rocketboy
01-04-2005, 12:00 AM
I got one, which could be fairly easy...

Wha is the only Star Wars character to wear eyeglasses?

El Chuxter
01-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Noa? Are we counting him?

Slicker
01-04-2005, 06:59 PM
For some reason I've had Ki-Adi-Mundi stuck in my head all day as wearing glasses. It doesn't sound right but who knows.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-04-2005, 07:05 PM
For some reason I've had Ki-Adi-Mundi stuck in my head all day as wearing glasses. It doesn't sound right but who knows.
Ki-Adi-Mundi never wears glasses. I assume it's Noa, as El Chuxter said, though I haven't seen those movies yet.

Even though it's not my turn, I thought of a question in the same vein. Who is the only SW character to wear braces?

Slicker
01-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Ki-Adi-Mundi never wears glasses. I assume it's Noa, as El Chuxter said, though I haven't seen those movies yet.

Even though it's not my turn, I thought of a question in the same vein. Who is the only SW character to wear braces?
If Noa is an EU character then I can pretty much speak for Rocketboy and say that's not it.

And for the character that wears braces that would be that ugly girl that's one of little Ani's friends. I don't know her name but she's shown when he's trying to get the Pod going.

dr_evazan22
01-04-2005, 09:02 PM
I don't know if they're glasses per se, but Jedi Master Plo Koon wears goggles over his eyes because the oxygen in the air is harmful to him.

Rocketboy
01-05-2005, 12:22 AM
Noa? Are we counting him?Yep. Good old Wilford Brimley.

Slicker
01-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Well now I feel stupid. If it hadn't been Wilford Brimley you wouldn't have known who it was. Poor guy. Ate so much oatmeal that he got diabetes what a shame.:cry:;)

Slicker
01-05-2005, 12:46 AM
I'll take a stab at giving a question.

How many probe droids are launched in the beginning sequence of ESB?

No peeking at the DVD's either.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Kidhuman
01-05-2005, 09:06 AM
I think it was 6 or 7

DarthQuack
01-05-2005, 12:44 PM
I'll go with 8.

Slicker
01-05-2005, 01:28 PM
8 is the correct number.

JediTricks
01-05-2005, 05:12 PM
"What is thy bidding, my master" was indeed the correct answer.

How many times does Luke's lightsaber actually cut anything?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-05-2005, 05:57 PM
"What is thy bidding, my master" was indeed the correct answer.

How many times does Luke's lightsaber actually cut anything?
I assume both Anakin's blue and his green? Not counting Anakin's use of it in ROTS, there's: the Tauntaun's belly, the AT-AT's belly, Boba's gun, Boba's rope, the speeder bike, Vader's hand. So I count six from memory, though I don't know if the incidents with Vader's shoulder and the skiff guards would count or not.

JediTricks
01-05-2005, 06:35 PM
There are more, but that's a good list. Some of Jabba's guards didn't get cut that we saw, it was more like a baseball bat, so they wouldn't count. Vader's shoulder would count though as we see he is hurt by it and sparks fly, I'm counting that as a cut.

tagmac
01-05-2005, 08:38 PM
How could we forget two major answers: the ice holding up Luke's legs, and the Wampa's arm. Also, one piece of the debris Vader launches at him on Bespin.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-06-2005, 04:44 PM
How could we forget two major answers: the ice holding up Luke's legs, and the Wampa's arm. Also, one piece of the debris Vader launches at him on Bespin.
How could I forget those? I was listening to the ESB soundtrack when I wrote that list for cryin' out loud! :D

How many more are there, JT?

JediTricks
01-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Sorry, power outage kept me from posting yesterday, I believe there are 2 more. (watch, I've forgotten one or something :p)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Vader's head on Dagobah . . . and I'm drawing a blank.

dr_evazan22
01-07-2005, 06:19 PM
It looks like so far we have from ESB:

- Ice holding Luke's feet
- Wampa's arm
- Taun Taun belly
- AT AT belly
- Vader's head on Dagobah
- Debris on Cloud City
- Vader's shoulder

I'll add the handrail on Cloud City. Luke's and Vader's sabers are together and get pushed down and either cut or spark the rail.

In ROTJ so far we have:

- Boba's gun
- Boba's rope
- Speederbike
- Vader's hand

And here I'll add again the handrail, Luke's saber cuts thru both Vader's hand and the rail.

So that's 13. Any more missing? Any wrong?

JediTricks
01-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Nope, that's right, the handrail on the DS2 and fake Vader's head on Dagobah were the 2 I was looking for, though good call with the railing on Bespin, I gave that one some thought and wasn't sure which way to go with it.

Slicker
01-07-2005, 08:02 PM
I'll give out another one for anyone.
How many horns does Darth Maul have on his head?

Just thought of another.
How many specialized types of stormtroopers appear in the OT?

Rocketboy
01-07-2005, 08:37 PM
How many horns does Darth Maul have on his head?

How many specialized types of stormtroopers appear in the OT?7. I think...
Stormtrooper
Sandtrooper
Spacetrooper (I think that is what they're called - the ones outside the Death Star as the Falcon docks)
TIE Pilot
AT-At Driver
Snowtrooper
Bikerscout

Slicker
01-07-2005, 08:42 PM
You got the first question correct but on the stormtrooper one I came up with 1 more.

The 7 that are there I had but you missed one by my count. If someone thinks of more add em to the list.

Rocketboy
01-07-2005, 08:50 PM
Well, this could be a pretty big stretch - Boba Fett.
He could almost be considered a Clonetrooper.

Slicker
01-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Nope.

Hint: The last one on my list is from ROTJ.

Rocketboy
01-08-2005, 02:34 AM
The only other thing I can think of would be a Royal Guard.
Are they some sort of "best of the best" Stormtrooper?

tagmac
01-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Imperial Gunners?

Slicker
01-08-2005, 04:45 PM
The other one on my list was indeed the Royal Guard. To get my list I pretty much went with troopers that wore masks. It seems weird but that made it easier to get a list. If I'm wrong or someone has other ones show me up foo'.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-08-2005, 07:02 PM
The other one on my list was indeed the Royal Guard. To get my list I pretty much went with troopers that wore masks. It seems weird but that made it easier to get a list. If I'm wrong or someone has other ones show me up foo'.
I don't know if Royal Guards are really stormtroopers - Palpatine has some in his office in AOTC and those weren't clones or anything. They're more just bodyguards with masks.

Slicker
01-08-2005, 07:18 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/1930/imperialroyalguard.html (http://www.reocities.com/Heartland/1930/imperialroyalguard.html).

I think this is what I used for a reference. It says that they were former stormtroopers so I put them on the list.

For some reason the browser brings up reocities. Just replace the "r" with a "g" for geocities. Stupic technology.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-09-2005, 12:56 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/1930/imperialroyalguard.html (http://www.reocities.com/Heartland/1930/imperialroyalguard.html).

I think this is what I used for a reference. It says that they were former stormtroopers so I put them on the list.

For some reason the browser brings up reocities. Just replace the "r" with a "g" for geocities. Stupic technology.
I'll take your word for it, but lots of EU things have been changed by the prequels. I just figured they were highly trained versions of the blue Coruscant Guards, for Palpatine only.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Yoda kicks the crap out of some Royal Guards in ROTS, so I suppose we'll find out more about them then.

Slicker
01-09-2005, 05:36 PM
I almost didn't add them because they're in the prequels but then I read that article. Either way the answer has been given so if anyone has one toss it up.

Sorry about any confusion about that last question.

Slicker
01-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Here are a couple of more questions:

How many shots does Han take at Vader in the Dining Room of Cloud City?

What are the call number and code clearance of Darth Vader's shuttle in the beginning of ROTJ?

Kidhuman
01-11-2005, 09:46 AM
The answer ot the first one is three.

Slicker
01-11-2005, 01:38 PM
KH that's close but not right.:)

Kidhuman
01-11-2005, 08:25 PM
HOw about four, if not it was 2.

Slicker
01-11-2005, 11:21 PM
You got the answer with 4 KH.

BTW, love the Pedro-atar.

JediTricks
01-11-2005, 11:23 PM
callsign ST three-twenty-one, code clearance blue.

Slicker
01-11-2005, 11:28 PM
You betcha. It's getting tough to come up with hard questions.

Slicker
01-12-2005, 02:33 AM
I just came up with a really good one.

In ANH how many ships attack the Death Star?

Kidhuman
01-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Wasnt it 21????

Slicker
01-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Nope it's not 21.

tagmac
01-12-2005, 06:54 PM
I think it's 23.

Slicker
01-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Try again y'all.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Let's see . . . 11 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, the Falcon . . . that's 16 by my count.

Or do you actually mean literally attack, as in shoot out the proton torpedoes? In that case it's two.

Slicker
01-12-2005, 08:36 PM
I think that everyone is thinking ships seen on screen. Don't forget what the officer says to Vader inside the Death Star when Vader says "we'll have to destroy them ship to ship".

Kidhuman
01-12-2005, 08:49 PM
30 of them, final answer.

Slicker
01-12-2005, 08:50 PM
No. Check out JJL's answer and he has the one you're missing.

Kidhuman
01-12-2005, 08:51 PM
31 including the falcon

Slicker
01-12-2005, 08:57 PM
You got it. I'll admit I got a little too stupid with this one but who cares. I think it was just you and me doing it anyways.

Kidhuman
01-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Prolly, I will dig up a question for the next one.

What was the order of red squadrons report in for the first DS battle?

tagmac
01-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Red 10, standing by.
Red 7, standing by.
Red 3, standing by.
Red 6, standing by.
Red 9, standing by.
Red 2, standing by.
Red 11, standing by.
Red 5, standing by.

If I'm correct, I'll have a question posted by late this afternoon. Might not be able to come back online again 'til after work.

Kidhuman
01-13-2005, 05:09 PM
You missed one.

tagmac
01-13-2005, 06:24 PM
OK...fixed it.

JediTricks
01-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Here's another probably-too-easy one:

What color were the A-wings originally painted, and why were they changed?

and

What did Biggs do that got him from the Academy to the Rebellion?

Slicker
01-13-2005, 08:57 PM
On the A-Wing I'm gonna say they were originally blue. Being that anything blue in color in front of a bluescreen comes out black. Check out R2 in ANH in the Trench. His normally blue parts on his dome are black.

As for the Biggs question I haven't the foggiest clue.

JediTricks
01-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah, they were blue, it was a way different paintjob really.

Rocketboy
01-14-2005, 12:01 AM
What did Biggs do that got him from the Academy to the Rebellion?Wasn't it a mutiny that went wrong?

tagmac
01-14-2005, 11:05 AM
How many Rebel call-signs are heard throughout the original trilogy? Name them all by movie. (note, some call signs are identical, but belong to different characters. These do not count as the same call-sign).

El Chuxter
01-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Wasn't it a mutiny that went wrong?

I think that's the EU explanation, and the "official" explanation is that he and some buddies from the Academy jumped ship hoping to track down the Rebels.

Rocketboy
01-14-2005, 09:50 PM
I think that's the EU explanation, and the "official" explanation is that he and some buddies from the Academy jumped ship hoping to track down the Rebels.Yeah, it was in the Empire comic. It's been a while since I've read the story, but I think Biggs and a few others attempted a mutiny, where they planned on taking the entire ship over to the Alliance. Things went wrong and they were only able to steal a few TIEs and escaped, eventually finding the Rebels.

Slicker
01-15-2005, 02:35 AM
Is that the one with the ship called the Rand Ecliptic? I recall reading stuff about that in several sources.

jjreason
01-16-2005, 01:16 PM
How many Rebel call-signs are heard throughout the original trilogy? Name them all by movie. (note, some call signs are identical, but belong to different characters. These do not count as the same call-sign).

I just watched ANH last night on TV. I can get the list started, but I won't be close to getting them all:

At Yavin:

Red 2: Wedge Antilles
Red 3: Biggs Darklighter?
Red 5: Luke Skywalker
Red 6: Jek Porkins
Red 10: unknown

(not sure we ever "hear" - as per your question - the call sign "Red Leader")

Gold Leader: Dutch Vander

At Hoth:

Rogue 2
Rogue 3

At Endor:

?????????????????????????????

tagmac
01-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Definitely more from ANH, and yes, you do hear Red Leader during the Death Star run.

Hint: Not every call sign belongs to a fighter pilot.