PDA

View Full Version : The Comic Book Trivia Game!

El Chuxter
10-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Similar to the SW trivia game I started under Classic Trilogy, there are only a few rules.

There will always be four questions in play. Four shalt be the number of the questions, and the number of questions shall be four. This means that if you answer a question correctly, you must throw out a new question or defer that right. Questions must be answered in their entirety to qualify as answered correctly.

On the same token, don't throw out a question unless you answer one, or the number will be five, which is right out.

Questions can deal with comic book companies, artists, methodology, or (most likely) characters and stories.

Here are the first four questions, to get the ball rolling:

1) Of the original X-Force lineup, which character was a Morlock? Which was an "External"? And which two were the sons (or daughters) of X-Men?

(Extra credit if you can add a third second-generation X-Man who joined within a few issues of the team's introduction.)

2) Name six villains who know Batman's secret identity.

3) What Marvel superhero team makes a subtle "nudge-nudge, wink-wink" cameo appearance in Superman Vol. 2 #50, fighting against Mr Mxyzptlk?

4) What do Oracle, Spoiler, and Jubilee all have in common (aside from being cute crime-fighting females)?

Allez cuisine!

dr_evazan22
10-13-2004, 03:35 PM
Partial answer to 1: External - Cannonball. Sons / Daughters - Cable from Scott and Jean, that's the only one I can remember.

El Chuxter
10-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Man, the interest in this thread is overwhelming. :D

Not being able to bear these questions going unanswered, I'll answer 'em myself.

1) Of the original X-Force lineup, which character was a Morlock? Which was an "External"? And which two were the sons (or daughters) of X-Men?

Cable was the son of Jean Grey and Cyclops.
Shatterstar was the son of Dazzler and Longshot.
Feral was a Morlock.
Cannonball was the External.

(Extra credit if you can add a third second-generation X-Man who joined within a few issues of the team's introduction.)

Siryn, the daughter of Banshee, joined somewhere around issues 4-7.

2) Name six villains who know Batman's secret identity.

There are several possible answers. Here's eleven off the top of my head:
1) Bane
2) Riddler
3) Hush
4) Hugo Strange
5) R'as al Ghul
6) Bird
7) Gentleman Ghost
8) Talia
9) Catwoman
10) Trogg
11) Zombie

3) What Marvel superhero team makes a subtle "nudge-nudge, wink-wink" cameo appearance in Superman Vol. 2 #50, fighting against Mr Mxyzptlk?

Though they are not named and their faces aren't shown, the Fantastic Four fight Mxyzptlk. . . when he shows up in their world as a thinly-disguised Impossible Man!

4) What do Oracle, Spoiler, and Jubilee all have in common (aside from being cute crime-fighting females)?

All have, at one point or another (and in at least one case, many many times) kissed Robin.

Okay, if anyone else wants to try throwing out some questions, by all means do so. :)

dr_evazan22
10-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Siryn, the daughter of Banshee, joined somewhere around issues 4-7.

I'm a little confused here.... Siryn was an X-man? Or are you referring to her father? I was a little confused by the question here, and the answer.

And did the entire FF show up in Supes, or just Mr Fantastic? Any idea on when that was released? my guess would be around '90 or so.

I'll pose a question...

How many Green Goblins have there been (strictly in regular S-M continutity)? And list them.

How many Hobgoblin's have there been (include any variations)? Again, list them.

El Chuxter
10-21-2004, 06:27 PM
Siryn was the daughter of Banshee, an "on-again, off-again" X-Man. Aside from a brief affiliation with the Muir Island mutants (most of whom joined the second X-Factor team), I don't think she ever had any affiliation with any team other than X-Force.

The entire FF team appears in Superman 50 (which was, I think, from 1990). Once, Mxyzptlk is fighting them in their own world when he suddenly has to go into the DC Universe; at that point, we see a stretched out arm, a trail of fire, and a large, irregularly shaped humanoid covered with goo and saying, "What a revoltin' development!" (One of Thing's catch phrases.) When he returns, we see two sets of black-spandex clad legs, two legs on fire, and the goo-crusted fourth set walking away, and the leader is saying, "Just ignore him. That's the only way." (EG, to get rid of Impossible Man.)

Here's a shot, and I might miss some:
Green Goblin
1) Norman Osborne
2) Harry Osborne
3) an unnamed (?) heroic Green Goblin who briefly popped up in Web of Spider-Man (?). This was before Harry died, because Spidey makes a comment about that.
4) a second heroic Green Goblin, who had his own short-lived comic book
5) Green Goblin 2099

Hobgoblin:
1) I can't think of his name to save my life
2) Jason MacEndale
2a) possessed Jason MacEndale
3) Demogoblin

dr_evazan22
10-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Green Goblin:
1. Norman Osborne
2. Harry Osborne
3. Harry's Doctor (this was around ASM 165 - 180 somewhere)
Harry, at alternate times was both good and bad
4. Phil Urich (nephew or son of Bugle reporter Ben Urich)
I wasn't really considering 2099, so that could be #5.

Hobgoblin:

1. Roderick Kingsley
2. Lefty Donovan
3. Ned Leeds
4. Flash Thompson
5. Jason Macendale
6. Demogoblin
Lefty, Ned and Flash are all debatable as to whether they could be considered, since they were all set up by Roderick.