PDA

View Full Version : Has everyone goten Pablo Jill from Kebco?

Kidhuman
10-13-2004, 11:07 PM
If not look here and find out why...........

Click me (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=5925491888&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

Darth Mina
10-14-2004, 12:09 AM
I got my 2 from EE last Wednesday :D

Turbowars
10-14-2004, 12:36 AM
If not look here and find out why...........

Click me (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=5925491888&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)Yeah what a wonderful sponsor. The other 2 here are just as bad if not worse.

Darth Mina
10-14-2004, 12:45 AM
I feel your pain I used to get toys from Brian untill I realized that I was just wasting money. I never tried KEBco. because of the shipping charges and the prices. I remember that Turbo made a coment on the Just found LA section about 8 months ago about EE. and that the figures were only about a dollar or so more and ever since i've gotten all my figures from them and since I'm a dual collector having duplicates in my case assorments is not so bad. If I was a customer of one of every figure I'll contacting KEBco and asking for an explanation as to why are they selling on E-bay A figure that i already preordered and i'm assuming is in stock since it's on E-bay. that is no way of treating your customers, and as sure as hell is not a nice way to build a nice reputation with future customers that are members of this forums.
SHAME ON YOU KEBco that is my 2cents

mrpauldeeds
10-14-2004, 12:54 AM
I never tried KEBco. because of the shipping charges and the prices.
are you kidding?? :eek: i just bought some figs off KEBco and each figure was 2.99 or 3.99. shipping was only 5 bucks. i got a saga dengar, bossk, obi oan akcly battle, and darth maul theed hanger duel from the HOF assortment. i was stunned on their prices and shipping!! i still have yet to recieve them, but i can wait no rush.:) but really the total was 18.96, thats less then pablo jill on their eBay auction and i got 4 figs. impressive.

Darth Mina
10-14-2004, 01:06 AM
are you kidding?? :eek: i just bought some figs off KEBco and each figure was 2.99 or 3.99. shipping was only 5 bucks. i got a saga dengar, bossk, obi oan akcly battle, and darth maul theed hanger duel from the HOF assortment. i was stunned on their prices and shipping!! i still have yet to recieve them, but i can wait no rush.:) but really the total was 18.96, thats less then pablo jill on their eBay auction and i got 4 figs. impressive.
Impresive but I'm a very impatient gal and don't like to wait, I like to have the figures ASAP. and without having to pay premium prices

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-14-2004, 01:35 AM
Impresive but I'm a very impatient gal and don't like to wait, I like to have the figures ASAP. and without having to pay premium prices

I've been with the KEB of CO since July of 2002. Saga figures in Columbus were few and far between and i figured this would save me gas and time. Now that i'm at school finishing up my senior year here at OU, KEBco has been a life saver. With only one wal-mart here and the nearest mall 40 minutes off, they can't be topped. Their prices are very awesome and S&H is stellar..and then we have crap like this. I've had my Pablo Jill on 'IN PROCESS' for a while now. I assume they have it and they're just waiting on some more stock of another figure (s) so they can send me a lot at once. I've had bad bad experiences with EE, but i hear they've vastly improved. I'll have to drop Scott and the crew a call tomorrow and ask them some questions. That is, if they don't reply here, which they will as they usually reply to posts about them within a day, usually a few hours. HH! :D

Darth Mina
10-14-2004, 02:26 AM
Well I guess I'm blesed by living in LA and 30 min away from EE. And I have yet to have a problem with them and I already got about 9 cases from them aside from the tape been cut the figures were mint never had to return one figure and shipping is $0 doesn't get any lower than that :crazed:

Kidhuman
10-14-2004, 06:55 AM
I dont use Kebco or any e-tailer for that matter on a regular. But reading all the posts about "processing" figures and then seeing that really irked me. Fill the orders of your customers first I think, then sell the rest of them.

dindae
10-14-2004, 08:22 AM
Kebco has recently started offering figures they buy direct from Asia (starting with this wave). These get in faster but you pay out the nose for it. My assumption is that this is a left over from those purchases, since the price they pay for it makes them need to sell it for 15+ dollars to make a reasonable profit. This is why it is on ebay and not shipping to a club member that only paid $6.49. So as long as I don't see them selling the things I'm still waiting for (all VOTC, half of OTC, all Galactic Heroes) then I'm fine.

JEDIpartner
10-14-2004, 10:08 AM
I've been waiting quite a while for certain figures (all of the VOTCs, all of the Galactic Heroes and some stragglers from the pre-OTC wave Han AT-ST driver, General Lando and whatever the other one was). I honestly don't think there is any hope in getting the pre-OTC wave at this point... to which I think they could probably just use that money on current figures that they are adding. Oh, well. I still prefer them to NOT getting the figures at all. I'm sure the OTCs, VOTCs and Galactic Heroes will all arrive in time. It's those other three that I am beginning to worry about. *shrug*

tagmac
10-14-2004, 11:23 AM
I, too was a little irked when I saw that, but the explanation that the figures are coming directly from Asia was good enough for me. I too have all 12 VOTC figs on pre-order (the first 4 on back order), which is frustrating since I've since found all of them at retail. But kebco's been pretty good at getting the figures here, even if it does take a while, and the new shipping rate is pretty good if you've ordered a lot of figures. I also have a couple galactic heroes figs on order, although I picked up a Chewbacca/3-PO in a comic shop yesterday, just in case they don't ship in time for the holidays. Haven't heard any updates, but I'm assuming most of these figures will be shipped before Thanksgiving, as per the last e-mail I received from kebco.

KEBco
10-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Most people here do realize why we are selling the figures on E-Bay.
These are the early release figures.
We have offered everyone the option to get the early release figures (at a higher price) or wait until Hasbro releases these in the US (at our regular price). The figures we have on E-Bay are a few we have left over from the early release.
As soon as Hasbro ships the figures in the US, all of our pre-orders will be filled, until then all we have is the early release.
If anyone has any questions, please give us a call and I will try to explain in more detail.

Ken

JEDIpartner
10-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Thanks Ken!! :) This is the way to address the issues. This is why I stay with you guys!

Turbowars
10-16-2004, 10:19 PM
WOW, I just read the thread on this issue over at RS and man, people really hate Kebco. I bought from them once (some non mint Unleashed one time for 13.99 and they came mint) with no problems.

After seeing the E-bay auction going for 14.99 and having Kebco state that they weren't doing that, it kind of confused me that they didn't lower the price or close the auctions. I know why they didn't, because morons are buying them at 14.99.

Bottom line is don't support them if you don't like how they run their company.

I prefer to find figures at retail, but if that fails I go to EE. I don't pay shipping (I live 10 minutes away) and my figures are mint as can be.

I see why Kebco might want to reply to these issues, but it makes them look unprofessional.

dindae
10-17-2004, 03:00 AM
WOW, I just read the thread on this issue over at RS and man, people really hate Kebco. I bought from them once (some non mint Unleashed one time for 13.99 and they came mint) with no problems.

After seeing the E-bay auction going for 14.99 and having Kebco state that they weren't doing that, it kind of confused me that they didn't lower the price or close the auctions. I know why they didn't, because morons are buying them at 14.99.

Bottom line is don't support them if you don't like how they run their company.

I prefer to find figures at retail, but if that fails I go to EE. I don't pay shipping (I live 10 minutes away) and my figures are mint as can be.

I see why Kebco might want to reply to these issues, but it makes them look unprofessional.

I read the thread. Wish I would have earlier Scott overed $50 bucks to post the reasoning behind the auctions, which I had already posted over here hours earlier. I am happy that I post on this site though. Our discussion about this was much more reasonable. But then some of those people have had some serious issues with Kebco in the past and Scott did throw wiskey on the fire responding the way he did. Ken's response here was much more professional. The biggest problem with the company is customer service from what I've seen. Most people have a hard time getting in touch with them. This makes small problems like this get blown out of proportion. In the small time I've been a customer I had a period where I couldn't get a email from them for 4 weeks (they were moving building was the excuse which while is true is not much of an excuse). This delay shipment of figures which they did give a free shipping on a future order for ($5 value). And while they promised after that to ship even faster after the 2nd half of the preorder price is charged I still have yet to see anything ship with in 10 days of the second part being charged. Here are the dates.

2nd half charged Shipped
5/6 7/14 - during move period
5/16 7/14 - during move period
6/11 8/26
6/11 move to back ordered
8/4 8/26
8/20 still waiting
8/26 9/8

While there is improvement it is not up to their promise to me. I have not called them to complain about this nor will I. If it becomes an issue I will cancel my order and go somewhere else. Over all I haven't saved much since I have done a fair amount of running around picking up exclusives. Plus I hate seeing a figure I don't having and then having to put it back because I have it on order. So the only real benefit I'm getting is security but even that will become shaky if they can't get figures like the first wave of VOTC and Galactic Heros out to me soon. These figures have been out for 3 months in plentiful amounts so I can't figure out why I haven't gotten these yet. So that's my history with them so far if you care or don't.

Turbowars
10-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Man, that's really bad service Dindae. They really shouldn't charge you until the figures ship. I use EE as a back up and they do not charge you anything before they ship. If I can't find the figures at retail I'll go with EE. If I find them at retail (which is about 1/3 of the time)I can cancel my order. It's not like they can't sell the case. However they don't sell individual figures 99% of the time. Sometimes you can get a set of the newest wave, but that falls back on Hasbro if they packed a even case. Hasbro has raised the cost of the Post OTC cases and so has EE. Has Kebco done this?

dindae
10-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Unfortunately I'm too cheap to go with anyone else. They are the cheapest I've found except maybe OMGCNF. I haven't ordered anything from them yet but I will order some Muppet figures when Sweetums comes out. I like the idea of the one of every figure club but the reality is a little lacking for me. It still works but I really wasn't having problems finding figures before. Maybe the release of VOTC, OTC and Galactic Heroes all at once is too much for them to deal with. The problem I have with EE (and most online retailer) is the price. I would buy cases but I don't know any collectors locally to split out the extras. Also I don't like cancelling orders. I don't have a problem with the time it has taken. I knew that there was no guaranteed time and we are all at Hasbro's mercy. I actually like paying some up front since it helps me budget especially the last few months. I guess the part that bugs me the most is when I get charged the second I get excited that new figures are coming then I wait and wait and wait some more. Then I see them in the store and grumble. Basically to me it's like having a tiny rock in your shoe.

Kidhuman
10-17-2004, 08:45 PM
DIndae, one alternative to having extras in a case is to sel them on the boards or trade for some gap fillers in your collection. I know i have done this with a few members here on the boards. Got some extras and traded them to people.

Val Da Car
10-17-2004, 09:59 PM
I just read the forums @ RS and found them placing Kebco on the defensive...(mostly pointing out customer services and account failures) but I did find a vague explanation about importing figures (ask Brian's toys about that) before they hit "retail" for early bird collectors.

I am going to reread all of the forum entries to better understand the answers presented by Kebco to the questions posted in each respective forums. Not the emotional issues left over regarding customer service/account issues but the actual question of Kebco selling figures on Ebay vs their store.

btw Cloud City & Brians Toys definitely also sell on Ebay so would the same questions be asked of them and would they respond?

Kidhuman
10-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Because everyone knows Cloud CIty and Brian are overpriced scalpers to begin with. Kebco seems to be having issues filling orders and they are seeling on Ebay.

Val Da Car
10-17-2004, 10:31 PM
I was hoping Kebco could explain themselves on this matter clearly, since Brian's Toys and Cloud City have never been called to the block on this. (This is not defense of them, just looking for a real answer).

dindae
10-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Kidhuman, I would trade but because there is no one around here then I have to mail. This can add $3-5 bucks shipping which counters the whole point of getting a case. Plus the holes I have are pricy variations that aren't easy to trade for.

Val Da Car, I don't understand why people are so upset about this ebay issue. They offer early figures for a premium price. When this line was put up for preorder I was given a notice that this was offered. Since I'm cheap I passed. I realize these are those left over figures and I don't expect them to sell them to me for less then they bought them for. They could do it and it would be nice, and be a good perk for long time customers but I don't think it is a breach of contract or anything. Most of the people that are taking shots aren't customers so I don't understand why this upsets them anyway.

Val Da Car
10-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Kidhuman, I would trade but because there is no one around here then I have to mail. This can add $3-5 bucks shipping which counters the whole point of getting a case. Plus the holes I have are pricy variations that aren't easy to trade for.

Val Da Car, I don't understand why people are so upset about this ebay issue. They offer early figures for a premium price. When this line was put up for preorder I was given a notice that this was offered. Since I'm cheap I passed. I realize these are those left over figures and I don't expect them to sell them to me for less then they bought them for. They could do it and it would be nice, and be a good perk for long time customers but I don't think it is a breach of contract or anything. Most of the people that are taking shots aren't customers so I don't understand why this upsets them anyway.

Agreed....I don't understand the problem either and the lack of focus to the answer from Kebco........In fact I know you can't please all of the people all of the time but the complaints over at RS are interesting at least.

Kidhuman
10-17-2004, 10:52 PM

Yes, but at the same time, the perosn is paying shipping to you. You could always ask for extra cash if the charges vary that much.

Turbowars
10-17-2004, 11:52 PM
Yes, but at the same time, the perosn is paying shipping to you. You could always ask for extra cash if the charges vary that much.Kid, it's sounds like he just doesn't want to bother.;)

Dindae, if you are cheap like you say you are, then I doubt you will want to spend almost 100 bucks on a case. If you did you would have a bunch of extras that would help out other collectors.

dindae
10-18-2004, 09:32 AM
Turbo I don't mind paying for a case if it means I get the figures I want at the cheapest price. And yes I think shipping figures is a pain because I ussually don't have the supplies (boxes, packing material, etc). But also I did try a couple times to pick up a couple extra figures to trade (silver fett and silver sandtrooper) and out of three figures I unloaded one. My best hope would be to get a local collector to trade with but my attempts to start a Nashville Just Found thread have yeilded no replies.

KEBco
10-18-2004, 10:17 AM
I will try to explain a bit.

The big question is why are we selling figures on E-Bay before we fill all of our pre-orders.
Simple answer - we are not.
Detail answer. The figures we have on E-Bay are the early release figures. All of our customers had the option of pre-ordering the early release or the US release.
All of the early release orders have been filled and shipped. Therefore we have a few early release figures that we put on E-Bay.
Over at RS, there are a few (who by the why do not have orders with us) that question why we have things on E-Bay before we have shipped all of the pre-orders. Again simple answer - we do not.
Again at RS someone said it would make good business if we shipped the early release figures to the customers that did not order them. OK, we have about 50 early release figures left. We have orders for about 3000 US release figures. Who gets the extra early release. Not quite as simple as the RS post makes it seem.
Everyone that ordered the US release will get their order filled when Hasbro ships the US figures.
Other issues are the slow shipping times and slow response to customer emails.
We changed our shipping policy to state if we do not get any product shipped within seven business days, it is shipped free. Since the change of policy, we have not had to ship anything free. (Keep in mind, this does not mean seven days from the time you place a pre-order, because on pre-orders, we must wait until Hasbro makes the product available.)
Customer support still needs improvements, but we are working on this everyday and have made major steps here already. Our 800 number is in place but we have only one, so it will be busy a lot of times. Email still come in at about 250 to 300 per day, so this just takes time to read and answer them. If everyone would send just one and not several, this will help.
Bottom line, we have had and still have some problems. Most of the problems we have, large companies would simply love to have.
The posts at RS seem to question items that the poster does not completely understand, and probably never will. Here on SirSteves, everyone seems a bit more mature, does not jump the gun and can understand our explainations. Thanks for that.
We must make business decisions. Some may not be what the customes understands or likes, but it must be made.
We strive to have the best price - anywhere - and we will get our customer service back to this point also.

Thanks for your business.
Ken - Owner KEBco Toys

dindae
10-18-2004, 10:45 AM
Ken on the free shipping I believe the date for the policy on free shipping would be effective 7/15/4. This is when your site shows the new shipping rate took effect. Also I assume the time you recieve the figures is the time you charge the 2nd half of the preoder charge. If I am correct in both of these then I should be entitled to a credit for invoice #7032 which was ordered 8/2/4 after 7/15/4, was charged the second half on 8/26/04, and shipped 9/8/4 13 days later. Let me know I you don't agree and why. (Sorry to pop your cherry).

KEBco
10-18-2004, 10:51 AM
Quite true.
And because of this, everyone's next invoice is (was) shipped free.
I'm not sure if you have received it yet or not, but you will see when you do. It is easier for us to ship the next invoice free rather that go back and give credits.

Will close for today, must get some work done.

Ken

dindae
10-18-2004, 07:00 PM
Ken if you are referring to the Tusken/Jawa wave free shipping I have not but since that was given to me before this order was placed I believe I would have another shipping fee waved. Not to mention the other invoice that was charged after 7/15/4 and yet to ship (invoice #6445 charged 8/20/4).

Here is the exert of the email sent out on 7/15/4 for those of you following along :D :

We are introducing some new Shipping Policies effective immediately.

1. $5.00 Flate Rate shipping on all domestic Online Orders and Pre-Orders.
All In-Stock orders with 5 of more items are still shipping FREE in July. So basically the $5.00 Flat Rate will start in August. The $5.00 Flat Rate applies to all Online Orders and all Pre-Order shipments within the United States. Invoices that are already Pending and invoiced prior to July 15th do not apply, but for existing Pre-Order customers you will receive FREE shipping on an upcoming shipment, see below for details.

2. Online Orders and Pre-Orders will be shipped within 5 to 7 business days.
Once an order is processed and in Pending status, if the order does not ship within 5 to 7 business days the shipping will be FREE. For Online Orders this takes effect immediately, for Pre-Orders this will take effect with your next invoiced shipment.

3. For existing Pre-Order customers we will be shipping the OTC Jawa 2-pack wave FREE of charge.
We are doing this to help make up for delays in previous Pre-Order shipments. And then of course after this wave all Pre-Order shipments will only be charged the $5.00 Flat Rate.

We have been working on these new Shipping Polices for several weeks. We listened to our customers and asked their opinions on how we could improve our service. These new Shipping Policies are part of a continued effort on our part to not only ship orders faster but at a very reasonable price. We do hope everyone appreciates the new changes and if you have any questions or comments please let us know.

aceguide
10-19-2004, 09:21 AM
I just want to jump in here and say that KEBco rocks. The prices are fair, including the shipping charge, and more than once I have found great deals on figures I NEVER saw at retail.

I have also read a couple of threads here and elsewhere attacking their customer service etc. In all cases (including this thread) KEBco reps have done what they can to explain their side of the issue/problem. I think that says a lot for their dedication and customer service.

If you have never ordered from KEBco I would recommend giving it a try. As with everything in life a little patience and understanding will make you less stressed.