PDA

View Full Version : Episode III Banner

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-14-2004, 06:05 PM
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode3/newspics/epiiibanner.jpg

Is this real? It looks kind of cool, but kind of odd. I guess we'll see once one starts showing up in theaters soon?

hango fett
10-14-2004, 06:38 PM
i think it might be. but why would they just show hadyens head and the top of vaders helmet. why not just split the image like they do on theforce homepage. the would look way better IMO.
HF

mrpauldeeds
10-14-2004, 10:29 PM
it looks like a real poster to me. however i dont really like it. the shadow of vaders helemt on haydens head looks bad. almost like a weird looking hat. at least have hayden in vaders body armor with no helmet, or hayden casting a shadow of vader. if it is indeed real, it could have been done MUCH better.

Pendo
10-15-2004, 01:27 PM
It looks real, but unfortunatly it also looks crap. I really don't like it. Like hango says, it should be split in half like on other promotions, it just looks kinda cheesy the way it looks on there!

PENDO!

hango fett
10-15-2004, 02:45 PM
my god someone agrees with me! thanks Pendo. plus the back images look nothing like any star destroyer i have ever seen.
HF

Slicker
10-15-2004, 04:17 PM
my god someone agrees with me! thanks Pendo. plus the back images look nothing like any star destroyer i have ever seen.
HFTo me it almost looks like the inside of the Death Star. I've never seen this picture before and it doesn't look to bad.

stillakid
10-15-2004, 06:07 PM
It looks like a real banner. I don't like it. The helmet on his real head looks goofy.

But my eye was drawn to the wispy smoke behind him. If it were me designing the thing, I would have been fine using that image of Hayden then using that smoke to suggest the image of Vader looming off his left shoulder.

Elliejabbapop
10-17-2004, 12:13 PM
I think it's totally fake!!!

Pendo
10-18-2004, 01:27 PM
I think it's totally fake!!!
Agreed! That could easily have been done in PhotoShop!

PENDO!

Lord Malakite
10-18-2004, 10:40 PM
It sort of reminds me of the Dagobah Vader vision with Luke's face exposed. If it turns out to be legit, I wonder if thats what they were going for.

Darth Grifter
10-20-2004, 02:18 AM
i think that the other one with hayden in tantive iv looks waaaay better than this one. the teaser banner for aotc was way better than this...come on ILM, you can do better...

pasfs0
10-25-2004, 12:58 AM
Even if its not real it looks really cool