PDA

View Full Version : Movie by Movie: Favorite Galactic Heroes Poll

Tycho
10-15-2004, 03:58 PM
I had to do it. We've had 12" threads like this, Unleashed Ones, certainly a few good counts of vehicle and figure polls for the 3 3/4" line.

But what about us Galactic Heroes' fans?

OK - this poll will have a new competitor (movie) each day and run very fast because not that many people care (I think). You can back-vote if you come in late, but the best discussion of your choices will occur if you're on time, movie-by movie.

I'm going to go OT and then PT, K?

Incidently:

Best 3 3/4" figure: Ephant Mon, Darth Vader Removeable Helmet 1998 runner-up.

Best 3 3/4" vehicle: 1998 Imperal ATAT Walker, 2002's Jango Fett's Slave-One as runner up.

Best 12" figure/vehicle set: 12" Bikerscout on Speederbike, with 14" Electronic Vader, Ultimate Jango Fett, and Han Solo on the TaunTaun as close competitors. (NOT CERTAIN OF THIS OUTCOME)

Best Unleashed: Boba Fett "Sarlaac Escape"

So we come to the question of the Best Ever GALACTIC HERO!

From the "A New Hope" assortments (X-wing, Falcon, figure packs),

which is your favorite from:

Han Solo (Falcon set)
Luke Tatooine
Luke X-wing
Princess Leia
Chewbacca (Falcon Set)
C-3PO (Falcon Set)
C-3PO waving
R2-D2 (X-wing Set)
R2-D2
Darth Vader (X-wing set and 2-pack are identical)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Death Star Duel)
Stormtrooper (Falcon set and yet-to-be-released 2-pack are identical)

(Jawa and Tusken are not out yet, so they can't qualify)

I have to choose Chewie over close contenders Han and Luke X-wing.
I just like Han made to be so cute for some reason - like a little boy in his "play vest" but Luke's got a lightsaber, so it helps him out. Chewie has the only removeable weapon though - his bowcaster, and he's fully poseable - both arms and legs! That's a lot to get in a Galactic Hero figure. Plus Chewie's just so cute.

El Chuxter
10-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Are you going to include the old Playskool figures in this as well, such as Mace Windu, who has yet to show up in the Galactic Heroes proper line?

I'm going with Chewie as well, though it's a very narrow victory over Vader.

stillakid
10-15-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm going with C3PO FALCON. He's just so darned cute and gold and stuff...

Kidhuman
10-15-2004, 06:14 PM
I will go with Vader.

JediTricks
10-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Vader, though I'll choose the original version. The molds are the same, but the original has a better paint job. This figure, even though he's pointing for some reason, is just so darn cool, he's way big, got a huge cloth cape, and his lightsaber blade is longer than any other figures'.

I hope the upcoming G.Heroes Stormtrooper isn't exactly the same as the one with the original Falcon set, that figure is rubbery.

Tycho, are you including the G.Heroes carded Chewie as an ESB figure? I ask because that version is permanently holding an Imperial blaster and I think that's the only film he does that in (Chewie has the rifle in ANH).

Darth Jax
10-15-2004, 09:20 PM
the original Vader is great. best of the ANH figs.

Rocketboy
10-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Chewie or Vader, Chewie or Vader, Chewie or Vader...

Vader (just barely)

Hellboy
10-16-2004, 02:12 PM
I'll go with Vader as well but C-3PO (Falcon set) is a close second.

Tycho
10-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Chux: yes I'm including the Playskool packed figures with the Galactic Heroes line. An interesting difference - and the only one I can find, is that GH's have holes on the bottom of their feet leading me to wonder if they'll have playsets or if it was thought of at one point? That'd be sweet!

JT: you guessed right: Chewie carded is an ESB figure while the Falcon one is an ANH version - only and all because of the gun.

Anyway, I'm not going to close voting for the classic group without ample warning so more people can vote for the ANH group if they come in to do so.

But for now we're moving on:

From The Empire Strikes Back assortments, figure packs, which is your favorite from:

Han Hoth
Luke Hoth
Han Bespin
Chewie Bespin (permanently attached Stormtrooper blaster)
Boba Fett
Dengar
IG-88
Zuckuss
Bossk
4-LOM

I still have to go with Chewie on this one: super-poseable is super-fun!

Dengar is actually a good runner-up with Han Bespin. I also like Luke Hoth with his lightsaber and find it funny that he looks like Charlie Brown. Boba Fett is great, but way overshadowed by his father Jango (who we'll come to when we get on about the AOTC figures).

Hellboy
10-16-2004, 04:53 PM
For me its a tough choice between Zuckuss and 4-LOM but I'll go with Zuckuss.

stillakid
10-16-2004, 06:26 PM
I haven't even seen any of these in person yet. :(

Darth Jax
10-16-2004, 07:18 PM
i'm in the same boat as stillakid. haven't seen any of the galatic heroes, only the original playskool releases.

Kidhuman
10-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Dengar. Just because of who he is.

Rocketboy
10-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Chewie.
He came in a very close 2nd last time.
(This time Boba's a close 2nd)

Slicker
10-17-2004, 03:05 PM
ANH: Chewie
ESB: IG-88 (Who doesn't want a super cute super cuddly assasin droid for there kids to play with.)

Tycho
10-17-2004, 08:31 PM
From The Return of the Jedi assortments, figure packs, which is your favorite from:

Luke Endor
Bikerscout
Wicket

ROTJ is way short on figures, but we'll soon get Lando Skiff, Nikto, Luke Jedi, and the Gamorrean to bolster the collection.

For right now, ROTJ is the smallest of any GH movie collection.

But it is a tough choice between Luke and the Bikerscout.

Luke is one of only 2 GH figures to have a cloth accessory (his Endor Poncho) and I think the Bikerscout is one of the only figures to have 2 poseable arms and a moving waist.

Points go to the Bikerscout for me on this one I guess.

Kidhuman
10-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Havent seen these, but will vote Biker Scout on pics alone.

JediTricks
10-17-2004, 10:47 PM
From The Empire Strikes Back assortments, figure packs, which is your favorite from:

Han Hoth
Luke Hoth
Han Bespin
Chewie Bespin (permanently attached Stormtrooper blaster)
Boba Fett
Dengar
IG-88
Zuckuss
Bossk
4-LOM
IG-88 & Zuckuss is the best 2pack out of those, no question, but we're not ranking that. It's very close for me, between those 2, Fett, and Luke Hoth, but I'm going with Luke because he can sit on the Tauntaun, has the lightsaber, and has the Force magnet which can hypnotize the Wampa.

I'd disagree with your championing of Dengar as well, I just got him & Fett, and Dengar is ok but not that great IMO with his gun sticking way out to the side, his face having no scar paint, and he's too short if you don't take the turban into account.

From The Return of the Jedi assortments, figure packs, which is your favorite from:

Luke Endor
Bikerscout
Wicket Luke Endor, just my type of figure. His magnet is strong enough to hold onto the back of the speeder, he has his (non-removable :() Endor poncho and helmet, and his green lightsaber. Bikerscout is a close second, but his Force gimmick was going to be cooler (Luke makes the Scout's gun-arm drop) and instead got the "magnet knocks him down" gimmick which makes him a little unsteady the rest of the time.

Just a suggestion, might want to slow this down a hair, we don't get as many people reading this section every day as the Saga section had.

Rocketboy
10-17-2004, 11:00 PM
Bikerscout

Hellboy
10-17-2004, 11:11 PM
I really like the Biker Scout but overall Luke Endor gets my vote because I'm a sucker for little details like the cool looking poncho and helmet.

Darth Jax
10-18-2004, 10:58 AM
The bikerscout. Imperial troopers are always cool.

Droid
10-18-2004, 12:51 PM
A New Hope - Falcon, non-waving C-3P0
Empire - IG-88
Jedi - Biker Scout

Slicker
10-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Biker Scout

Tycho
10-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Voting will close on all Classic Trilogy Galactic Hero waves when we start the AOTC voting next.

Now from The Phantom Menace assortments, figure packs, which is your favorite from:

OOM-9 BattleDroid
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Anakin Skywalker
Darth Maul

It's such a tough call for me between Mini-Maul and our only BattleDroid. I'm going to go with the BattleDroid because we don't get many droids in this line and it is done very cute. Nice "knock-down feature, too."

Kidhuman
10-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Darth Maul. :beard:

Rocketboy
10-20-2004, 10:30 PM
As much as I hate the character - Darth Maul.
He was the best of those 4.

Slicker
10-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Battledroid

Hellboy
10-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Gotta go with the Battle Droid this round.

Tycho
10-22-2004, 01:21 PM
OK, Voting on Classic Galactic Heroes is closed.

ANH winner: Darth Vader!

ESB winner: TIE: Chewbacca vs. IG-88 (Run-off Soon!)

ROTJ winner: Bikerscout

Voting on the Prequel Galactic Heroes will close Sunday at midnite.

Choose your favorite Galactic Hero from AOTC from:

Anakin (1 lightsaber)
Anakin (2 lightsabers)
Mace Windu
Padme Amidala
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jango Fett
Clone Trooper
Master Yoda
Geonosian Warrior

This is a had vote for me! I really dig Jango and the Geonosian Warrior, but Obi-Wan and Mace are really cute! (to say nothing of Yoda).

Aaargh! Jango Fett is just so nicely done! He's a masterpiece in any Galactic Heroes collection! I hate to vote for him over our most unique alien ever (the Geonosian), but Jango earns it - what a nice collection piece!

Even non GH collectors who have a Fett-thing going ought to pick up this piece for the sheer heck of it - plus you get Obi-Wan, another worthy addition to this collection!

El Chuxter
10-22-2004, 02:05 PM
Man, you close 'em too soon. I'd have shown some love to Wicket. You want cute? I'll give you cute!

But as it is, Battle Droid and Jango. The AOTC 2-packs are a bit on the weaker side (especially Padme). And I'm surprised a certain kid-friendly Gungan is missing.

Tycho
10-22-2004, 03:02 PM
OK, I took your vote for Wicket into account. :nerv:

Hellboy
10-22-2004, 03:05 PM
I agree Jango Fett is nicely done and easily the best of this group IMO.

Kidhuman
10-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Gimme Yoda, he is adoreable.

Darth Jax
10-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Maul in TPM.

Geonosian in AOTC. although i did like the little bald headed mini mace as well

JediTricks
10-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Now from The Phantom Menace assortments, figure packs, which is your favorite from:

OOM-9 BattleDroid
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Anakin Skywalker
Darth Maul
I don't own any of the prequel sets, so I'm only judging on what I've seen in pics and at the store: Battle Droid.

Choose your favorite Galactic Hero from AOTC from:

Anakin (1 lightsaber)
Anakin (2 lightsabers)
Mace Windu
Padme Amidala
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jango Fett
Clone Trooper
Master Yoda
Geonosian Warrior Jango, the only prequel set I own.

Chux is right, Padme is a really pug-ugly figure, dunno what they were thinking. Yoda is far too cute as well.

Rocketboy
10-23-2004, 01:32 AM
I thought the Clonetrooper looked pretty cool.

Rocketboy
11-10-2004, 09:49 AM
So umm...what happened to this poll?

Tycho
11-10-2004, 12:35 PM
That's right! In all the election hysteria, I forgot about this thread.

THIS WILL BE THE FINALS

There was one tie, resulting in 2 contestants from Empire Strikes Back.

Vote for your favorite all-time Galactic Hero from:

Darth Vader
Chewbacca (ESB)
IG-88
Bikerscout
OOM-9 BattleDroid
Jango Fett

I am totally inclined to vote for Darth Vader myself. I like the ANH Chewbacca the best of all because of his removeable bowcaster weapon, but Vader takes the cake with a lot of poseability and that cloth cape.

Where would the line be without Darth Vader anyway?

El Chuxter
11-10-2004, 02:05 PM
I'm going with Vader as well.

Hellboy
11-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Definitely Darth Vader. :cool:

JediTricks
11-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Vader, no doubt!

Kidhuman
11-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Unanimous.....VADER!!!

Rocketboy
11-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Darth Vader
Looks like a landslide!

bobafrett
11-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Can you vote for the Stormtroopers? I just picked up a 2 pack of Galactic Heroes Stormtroopers last week from K-Fart.

Kidhuman
12-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Hey Tycho, how about updating this, been over 3 years since they started, could have alot more now. (Snowtrooper)

Tycho
12-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Honestly, I'm tired. Anyone want to take this over?