PDA

View Full Version : Galactic Heroes Dengar/Boba Fett packaging

JediTricks
10-17-2004, 11:16 PM
On the G.Heroes Boba Fett/Dengar, the artwork for Boba (which mysteriously is in front of the Dengar figure) is missing its black elements below the die-cut line, so most of the stock of the rifle, the shadowing on the belt, and the majority of the cape are all white rather than black.

So far, it looks like Hasbro isn't fixing this error.

Ji'dai
10-18-2004, 04:57 PM
I posted a pic of this 2-pack in this thread:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=355052#post355052

You can see a small portion of the missing artwork on the Fett caricature.

Turbowars
11-14-2004, 05:50 PM
It has been fixed. I saw both versions 2 weeks ago at Target. I sent the correct one to Mina Solo.

Ji'dai
12-06-2004, 01:22 PM
As Turbo reported, this error has been corrected. I found the correct version today and posted some comparison photos:

JediTricks
12-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Excellent work Ji'dai! I didn't realize they also swapped the positions of the characters as well as filling in that missing black on Fett.

JEDIpartner
12-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Just picked one of these up to keep carded... just in case. LOL You know that's usually not my style, but I thought this one to be a little more "special". *shrug*

Slicker
12-12-2004, 10:05 PM
I never saw any of these until I read this thread. Now I've seen several of both variations. I almost bought both of the variations along with the other 2 bounty hunter 2-packs. I still may buy all six of the bounty hunters just because they're so damned cute.:D

JediTricks
12-12-2004, 11:01 PM
I bought the corrected variant last night as an opener, and have decided to keep the original sealed. It's a lot like my 300th Fetts which had a very similar packaging error. I don't normally do variation collecting, but whenever Hasbro messes up, I tend to get those, I also have the "Episode I" Yoda which they said would never get fixed. ;)

Ji'dai
12-13-2004, 05:05 PM
Well, today I ended up returning the corrected version I bought. I'll keep the error version since those particular figs happened to have the best paint apps. Package variations just don't mean much to me.