PDA

View Full Version : New Brunswick

Darkross
12-27-2001, 11:39 AM
Does anyone know if Wal-Mart is going to be getting the Tie Bombers and Hoth Peril ships in March 2002? Also...I have learned that Hasbro Canada will not be releasing the latest POTJ wave (FX-7) here in Canada. Has anyone else heard this?

Croaker
12-28-2001, 12:17 AM
I have also heard that they will not be releasing Leia, Amanaman (deluxe) FX-7 wave, and eth koth and something else. (I forgot)

this sucks big time.

Darkross
12-28-2001, 07:21 AM
Believing that I would not find the FX-7 wave in Canada...last night, I went over to Maine and bought FX-7 and 3 Imperial Officers. I also had a chance to play Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2. What a cool game...and someday, when the price of the Gamecube comes down...I'll buy it. But for now, my spending money is strictly for Star Wars action figures and vehicles. I can hardly wait for the Tie Bombers and Snowspeeders. I just hope that they are available in New Brunswick when they are released in March 2002.

greedo
01-07-2002, 11:47 AM
Where did you hear about Hasbro Canada not releasing the next FX-7 wave and the Leia/Amanaman wave? What about the 25th aniversary collection????

Is this from a good source or speculation??

Darkross
01-07-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by greedo
Where did you hear about Hasbro Canada not releasing the next FX-7 wave and the Leia/Amanaman wave? What about the 25th aniversary collection????

Is this from a good source or speculation??

I have learned this from a very good source, and by the looks of things...it would appear to be true. I haven't seen anything of the FX-7 wave anywhere here in New Brunswick...yet across the border I found the FX-7 wave. I don't know about the 25th anniversary collection, but my source told me that Hasbro Canada was not going to release anything new until the new AOTC figures came out. This is really bad news, since we have to pay US $ for any new figs and not to mention the duty! I have yet to confirm with Wal-Mart here in New Brunswick to see if they have the Tie Bombers, and Snowspeeders in their computer and when they expect to receive them. I will check the next time I'm at a Wal-Mart.

Bosskman
02-03-2002, 09:50 PM
I hope we get something up here soon, or it looks like the AOTC stuff will be the next stuff showing up.

Darkross
02-04-2002, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Bosskman
I hope we get something up here soon, or it looks like the AOTC stuff will be the next stuff showing up.

I agree with your signature! Bossk is my favorite bounty hunter! He's cool, and unfortunately Boba Fett beat him to the punch! How cool would that have been...to see Bossk on Tatooine fighting Luke. Bossk wouldn't have let Luke cut his blaster in half, or wouldn't have died in such a CHEEZY way that Boba Fett did!

greedo
02-05-2002, 10:59 AM
I read somewhere that not all the atoc figures are schedualed for release in Canada, I hope this isn't true. Does anyone out there know for sure?

I do wish Hasbro would get their poop in a group and be fair about what gets released up here. I don't mind supporting my local comic/toy stores but, I only make so much money and when I could be buying 2 figures from Hasbro instead on only 1 from a comic store, while you do the math......

Darkross
02-05-2002, 11:10 AM
I read somewhere that not all the atoc figures are schedualed for release in Canada, I hope this isn't true. Does anyone out there know for sure?

I do wish Hasbro would get their poop in a group and be fair about what gets released up here. I don't mind supporting my local comic/toy stores but, I only make so much money and when I could be buying 2 figures from Hasbro instead on only 1 from a comic store, while you do the math......

I'm not too concerned about the AOTC figs being released in Canada...since I have no intention of purchasing any of them. Well maybe if there is a good sculpt of Anakin and Obi-Wan...maybe Count Dooku. I only purchased 6 of the Episode I figures and they were 3 Darth Mauls, 2 Obi-Wans and 1 Qui-Gon. I had no real interest in purchasing any of the other figures and vehicles. I'm a Classic Trilogy Fan...and to me...they are the only TRUE Star Wars. Sorry if it hurts those out there who are planning on buying the AOTC stuff. I might also buy R2D2, and C3PO if they are good sculpts...but mainly for use in one of my Classic Trilogy diorama's.

I know what you mean about the comic stores...MAN I hate paying $35.00 for 1 figure that was sold for $6.99 when it first came out. I really hate the thought of spending $10.00 or more on any figure...and especially when the only place I can get the earlier figures is from a specialty store. Don't get me started on the vehicles and exclusives!

greedo
02-06-2002, 11:26 AM
I find that I have to keep up with the collection for some reason. I enjoy trying to get everything made for the SW action figure stuff. I have evey action figure made since 95 until now. I only need the Imperial officer and Rebel Tantiv? soldier.

It looks like there are only 3 or 4 Canadians on here, that is too bad, maybe Canada doesn't collect like the US does after all.

Where are you from?

Darkross
02-06-2002, 11:40 AM
I find that I have to keep up with the collection for some reason. I enjoy trying to get everything made for the SW action figure stuff. I have evey action figure made since 95 until now. I only need the Imperial officer and Rebel Tantiv? soldier.

It looks like there are only 3 or 4 Canadians on here, that is too bad, maybe Canada doesn't collect like the US does after all.

Where are you from?

Hey GREEDO:

I'm from Hartland, NB (As my AVITAR states). Where's GREEDO from?

I'm a hard core collector...but not as hard core as most. I open all of my stuff and collect only the CLASSIC TRILOGY Stuff. I only collect the 3.75 scale and vehicles. There are specific figures and vehicles that I'm collecting...I'm nowhere near a completist collector. Maybe if I had about $200 - $300 a month to spend on SW stuff...then maybe I would buy all of the POTF2 and POTJ figs from the Classic Trilogy. However...I've got about $40 - 50 a month to spend...so you can see that I'm having a hard time catching up from not collecting since 1995. I have only been a hard core collector for about 2 years now. I started back in 1996, but took a break from it since I couldn't afford to buy all of the ones I was looking for and I saw alot of the same figures. There were some I didn't want at the time, but now I want them. I have since made a complete list of all of the figures that want and the quantities that I want so that I won't make the same mistake twice.

I purchase my stuff both in Canada and the US. It seems that the US is getting the majority of my business lately due to Hasbro Canada not releasing the FX-7 wave in Canada. ARGH! I hope that the R4M9 wave comes out though. I plan on getting two of him. What I want most...the Tie Bombers and Snowspeeders to be on sale here in New Brunswick and for me to find 2 and 3 of them respectively for less than $40.00 CAN each. Here's hoping!

greedo
02-06-2002, 12:32 PM
I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I've been buying SW toys actually since 1977, I have about 14 of the origonal ones left. I only buy the 3 3/4 figures, the only ships I buy are the ones on sale (cheap) or the ones that had figures with them, but now I don't bother with the ships unless CHEAP.

I will purchase the 12" if they are on sale (cheap) but otherwise no. I have a wall full of figs, I too open evey one. I display them on a shelf, I don't care to keep them in the bubbles, I buy them for me not for resale. That is why I hate the F$%#ing scalpers. I only want one of each to open, Wal-mart should make these things one per customer so we all get a chance.

If I ever catch a scalper buying a box full, I will in all honesty, kick the crap out of him. I don't see the point to these guys, get a real job....

Anyways, what do you do with your figs.... display them?

Darkross
02-06-2002, 12:36 PM
I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I've been buying SW toys actually since 1977, I have about 14 of the origonal ones left. I only buy the 3 3/4 figures, the only ships I buy are the ones on sale (cheap) or the ones that had figures with them, but now I don't bother with the ships unless CHEAP.

I will purchase the 12" if they are on sale (cheap) but otherwise no. I have a wall full of figs, I too open evey one. I display them on a shelf, I don't care to keep them in the bubbles, I buy them for me not for resale. That is why I hate the F$%#ing scalpers. I only want one of each to open, Wal-mart should make these things one per customer so we all get a chance.

If I ever catch a scalper buying a box full, I will in all honesty, kick the crap out of him. I don't see the point to these guys, get a real job....

Anyways, what do you do with your figs.... display them?

I agree with you on the scalpers...but I'm one of those guys who bought a ton of Stormtroopers (11 or so) at one time. I went into TRU and bought 24 - 30 figs at a time when they were on sale. I'm not a scalper that's for sure. I display only certain figures...usually my latest finds. I need more room to display them all. I have about 150 figures in all and have about 170 on my wish list.

Bosskman
02-06-2002, 04:07 PM
I'm from Saint John NB and have been collecting since Easter 96 or 97 (I can't really remember) The First thing I got was an AT-ST at Walmart and within a week I had everything I could get my hands on including the SOTE stuff and those crappy deluxe Luke and Stormie (not Han though) I soon came to my senses and began to collect only the stuff from the movies. About a year later I began to collect the 12 inch figures. Now I collect only the stuff I like and have passed on all the EU stuff as well as some figures I don't like the look of (like 12 inch Elen Degenerus, I mean Ceremonial Luke) I've had to buy a lot of stuff on-line because of the droughts we go through up here. I'm a completest if the stuff was in the movies. I have most of the released figures for both 3 and 12 inch, but the 12 inch exclusives are the toughest to get. I have most of them and know where to get the others but they're a real drain on the walet.

greedo
02-07-2002, 10:05 AM
I agree with you on the scalpers...but I'm one of those guys who bought a ton of Stormtroopers (11 or so) at one time. I went into TRU and bought 24 - 30 figs at a time when they were on sale. I'm not a scalper that's for sure. I display only certain figures...usually my latest finds. I need more room to display them all. I have about 150 figures in all and have about 170 on my wish list.

I don't have a problem with collectors that collect, but butt heads that horde than resell for twice the price make me vewy vewy angwy. If these scalpers were buying them up once they are on sale for a couple of bucks and reselling them later, then fine, that way the collectors and kids have what they want already. If I had a kid who was collecting and couldn't finish his collection because of scalpers, then I would actually hunt down these guys and hurt them.

I guess I should start going to some of these toys conventions here and see who has a table of tri-logo hard to find figs. That way I'll know who it is. Winnipeg doesn't have that many Wal-marts, I'll eventually bump into one of them. I'm a 200 lb man that can curl as much weight as I can press, so I'm not too worried about who I meet.

Enough tough talk, sorry, I get quite ticked off when I have to pay 16.00 for a fig from the US plus 20 shipping, 5 postal handling fee, tax. It ends up sometimes costing me about 20.00 per fig. when I order a couple.

Is there only 4 of us from Canada on here? Too bad. I was hoping when I started the thread on Canadian Releases to Hasbro that a hundred or so other Canadians would rise up and be counted. Oh well..

Sorry for the rant.

greedo
02-07-2002, 10:15 AM
I'm from Saint John NB and have been collecting since Easter 96 or 97 (I can't really remember) The First thing I got was an AT-ST at Walmart and within a week I had everything I could get my hands on including the SOTE stuff and those crappy deluxe Luke and Stormie (not Han though) I soon came to my senses and began to collect only the stuff from the movies. About a year later I began to collect the 12 inch figures. Now I collect only the stuff I like and have passed on all the EU stuff as well as some figures I don't like the look of (like 12 inch Elen Degenerus, I mean Ceremonial Luke) I've had to buy a lot of stuff on-line because of the droughts we go through up here. I'm a completest if the stuff was in the movies. I have most of the released figures for both 3 and 12 inch, but the 12 inch exclusives are the toughest to get. I have most of them and know where to get the others but they're a real drain on the walet.

I agree, it gets expensive. I was actually thinking about stopping the collecting before EP 1 came out, but got sucked in and was one of those guys at Wal-mart at 7 a.m. to get them all. Six months later they were 2.00.....aaaaaaahhhhgggggg. Oh well too late now.

I ended up costing me more later to order the harder to find figs after passing them up in the comic stores. I got quite a few 12 inch EP 1 figs cheap at the Bay when they cleared them out, as Wal-mart did. Otherwise I stay with the 3 3/4 stuff. I have to re-build a shelving unit to house my figs. Something tastefull and dust free as much as possible. Where do you order your stuff from?

IcebergSlim
02-07-2002, 03:32 PM
I'm in Hamilton, Ontario and a toy store named "Toys, Etc." at one of our malls just received the 25th Anniv. figs. They were $20 or $25 each.

greedo
02-07-2002, 03:34 PM
Were they tri-logo? Does this store usually carry the Canadian releases?

Darkross
02-07-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by IcebergSlim
I'm in Hamilton, Ontario and a toy store named "Toys, Etc." at one of our malls just received the 25th Anniv. figs. They were $20 or $25 each.

Welcome IcebergSlim!

I saw two of the three 25th Anniversary sets last week over in Maine and they were selling for $14.95 each. They did not have Darth Vader vs. Obi Wan. I looked at the other two and I wasn't really impressed with them...so I won't be losing any sleep about not buying them. I thought that they would have looked more like the characters...instead they look a little cartoony to me.

IcebergSlim
02-07-2002, 06:12 PM
Were they tri-logo? Does this store usually carry the Canadian releases?

Sorry, I didn't see if it was a tri-logo box or not.

The store gets in all the latest waves, but I haven't seen Eeth Koth, FX-7, Rebel Trooper or the Imperial Officer there. I picked up Zutton and the Royal Decoy Queen, so I'm assuming that the other 4 were sold out.

greedo
02-08-2002, 09:49 AM
Has anyone else found the 25th Aniv. sets anywhere besides comic stores?

TK421
02-09-2002, 09:47 PM
TheBothanSpy.com has reported that London Ontario has them at toys r us for $25. I don't know about anyone else but I am really excited about these figures!! Oh and the Case breakdown was 2 Chewie & Han, 2 Luke & Leia and 8 Vader and Ben.:)

Darkross
02-14-2002, 09:49 AM
Well it's pretty much a done deal...it doesn't look like the Tie Bombers or Snowspeeders will be coming to Wal-Marts in Canada. I verified this fact yesterday at my local Wal-Mart and they could not find either exclusive in their system. If they were going to get them...they would be in the system by now...since they are in the US. Oh...well, we'll just have to settle for paying US $$ for them like we always do to get the cool stuff. Here's hoping that Wal-Mart Canada might get them anyway!

greedo
02-14-2002, 10:16 AM
Has Canada ever carried any of the Star Wars exclusives? I don't really remember them getting any except the Max Rebo band pairs?

TK421
02-14-2002, 10:46 AM
The max rebo band pairs were in abundnce at my wal mart. and remember the 12" han on taun taun?;)

Darkross
02-14-2002, 11:00 AM
Has Canada ever carried any of the Star Wars exclusives? I don't really remember them getting any except the Max Rebo band pairs?

Yes...the Toys R Us Tie Interceptor Exclusive was available (Briefly) back in September 2001. When I saw them...I bought two of them right away. I went down the next week and the rest of the Tie Interceptors were gone!

TK421
02-14-2002, 11:04 AM
Update:

Edmoton and calgary have the new 25th anniv. 2-packs!!!:crazed:

greedo
02-14-2002, 11:05 AM
I now remember the Millenium Minted coins figures at TRU too.

greedo
02-15-2002, 10:22 AM
Edmoton and calgary have the new 25th anniv. 2-packs!!!

What outlet did you find these at? Wal-mart, TRU??

TK421
02-15-2002, 11:24 AM
TRU They were $28 including tax.;)

Bosskman
02-15-2002, 05:11 PM
I just got the Anniverary sets at TRU in Saint John NB today. Luke and Leia are alright, Han and Chewie are Awesome, and Ben and Vader ARE FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta see these in person to believe it. I'm just glad I finally got something here instead of the internet. Hopefully the sneak peak figures at least will come here.

haggis
02-15-2002, 09:45 PM
Luke/Leia and Vader/Obi Wan sets are bountiful in the Hamilton area and also at the St Catherines TRU. I have, so far, been unable to get a Han/Chewie set. Does anyone know if and when the AOTC Preview figures are coming? These three (in my opinion) are some of the best looking of the figures to come. I am expecting to receive some AOTC Collection 2 figures next week that I ordered online for big bucks (not from ebay though). Glad to see a few Canadians are holding down the fort here. It's good to be back. Haven't posted since these forums were all redone.

billfremore
02-16-2002, 12:14 AM
I'm in Ottawa and I've had some luck finding figures over the last couple of years.

I always go out of my way to try to find any of the new figures and it seems 6 months after I find one they're everywhere.
AARRGGHH!

It's a little frustrating. :crazed:

I just found a Vader & Obi-wan anniversary set at TRU tonight, now if I can only find me an FX-7 to go with my Bacta Tank Luke... :)

mabudonicus
02-16-2002, 02:30 PM
I'm from st.catharines, and yesterday at the comic shop downtown (not the one in the north end, the one on st.paul) they had the han/chewie set for a reasonable price. Hope this helps. Why do you not have private messaging, is it because your account here is from the old days, or what?

greedo
02-18-2002, 09:28 AM
I found the Vader/Ben Aniversary packs at TRU, but none of the other two here on the prairies. Like I said before, they don't sit too long on the shelves here in Canada.

Considering the Comic store was only 3 bucks more than TRU, I bought the other two sets at the comic store for 27.00. I don't mind a buck or two, but I won't pay double.

I hope they keep bringing in the new figs. as released....

Come on Hasbro.....

Darkross
02-19-2002, 11:56 AM
I haven't seen any of the Anniversary sets here in New Brunswick. I did however run into them over at Wal-Mart and TRU over in Maine. I saw Darth Vader vs Ben Kenobi for the first time and compared to the other two sets...this is the one to own. I think that it is a decent sculpt of each figure and would make a nice display. If I see this one here in New Brunswick for a decent price I might actually buy it.

Haven't seen any of the Teebo wave in Maine yet. We won't be getting it here in Canada....unless you want to pay scalper prices for them. I'll keep my eyes open!

haggis
02-19-2002, 07:19 PM
Guys,
Thanks for the tip. I will try to get out to St. Catherines soon. Some Sears stores also have the anniversary sets. Yesterday, Limeridge had lots of Vader/Ben and a few Luke/Leia. No freakin Han/ Chewie though.

greedo
02-20-2002, 12:48 AM
The Teebo wave is set for March, check then. Let me know when you going down, if my local comic store doesn't get one for me I might put in an order with you....???

If you don't mind....

Darkross
02-20-2002, 07:31 AM
I'm planning on coming to Saint John this weekend. Is there any new figures out? Have you seen the anniversary sets down there?

Bosskman
02-20-2002, 09:37 AM
Ben and Vader are plentiful at TRU but the other two are pretty scarce. They might get some new stuff in by the weekend though. I think tuesdays and fridays are when they stock.

greedo
02-20-2002, 09:41 AM
It seems that all the Canadian collectors that have a computer live on either coast. I'm in the middle.

Too bad Hasbro didn't open a little store so we could order direct....instead of relying on the buyers of the bigger stores.

Croaker
02-21-2002, 11:29 AM
I'm in Toronto.
well actually I'm in Liverpool, but I';ll be home for Easter and looking for some SW stuff!

billfremore
02-23-2002, 03:49 PM
Don't you hate it when on the main page of Sir Steve's site they announce that new stuff is expected to show up any day now and you're Canadian and you know you'll never see it up here for ages?

Darkross
03-05-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by billfremore
Don't you hate it when on the main page of Sir Steve's site they announce that new stuff is expected to show up any day now and you're Canadian and you know you'll never see it up here for ages?

I really wish that they would cover some release dates for Canada. Well this is probably Hasbro's fault...but overall SirStevesGuide does a really great job giving us the scoop on everything related to Star Wars! It would be nice to have an Canadian Online store that only sold to Canada...but we all know how unlikely that is!

Amanamike
03-06-2002, 12:51 AM
Im on the very west coast and its aweful out here, no 25th anniversary packs here at all. I bought mine at Yestertoys online and got em about a month ago. They sit like a pyramid on my computer monitor.